Discussion - [Competitions] 'Starter car' contest

Woodyrojo

• Developer

694bd0167459b94a70bc656e79ad.jpg

Survivors!

Free and unrestricted flight of fancy is always a good thing. In their free time, the inhabitants of the wasteland sometimes build incredible crafts in their garages. Some impress with their aesthetics, others with extraordinary power and efficiency. But what happens if all the variety of parts disappears from the Crossout world, and each of them will be worth its weight in gold? How about real challenges that are so severe that even the unflappable Scar AB would be horrified?

Spoiler

You are invited to perform a complex and interesting task — to assemble a combat-ready armored car, with only 15 parts available. It should be noted that crafts, which are a copy of the standard rookie car, will not be considered. We will evaluate both the uniqueness of the appearance, and the combat effectiveness of the craft. The best 4 entries will be selected, and their authors will receive a generous reward of 200 coins.

Contest terms and conditions:

• Build a vehicle with only 15 parts available in the specified period;
  • You can use any parts you want;
  • Upload the car to the exhibition with the tag ‘Newbie’ (for example: ‘Newbie Craft’);
  • The entry must be built in the car slot;
  • The entry should not contain offensive and Nazi symbols, references to prohibited groups and societies, as well as elements of erotic content;
  • The entry must not contradict the Rules of the Game and the Russian Federation's legislation.
  • Players who publish someone else's work will be excluded from participation;
  • By participating in the contest you give your permission to use your works at our discretion;

We accept your entries till the 8 of September.

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

"Build a vehicle with only 15 parts"

Does that mean you can put on legendary weapons on a 'starter car'?
Am I missing something?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

You can put anything you want, but not more, than 15 parts. And it should be a vehicle, not just a cab on a frame with wheels)

Well, it would make sense to use rares at most, its a starter car, don't just slap a relic on it and have someone craft it for that sole purpose, 15 parts sure is, limiting, but some minimalism never hurts.

• Upvote 1

How will combat effectiness be evaluated? Is it meant to be effective used by a player or by bots?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

By a player :) We'll test crafts in test-drive and 1-2 random PvP missions.

I was thinking like everyone would build some actual  starter builds from that but noo. everything is with tracks,legendaries,high level cabins.  

Edited by HolyCupcake

Hi everyone I'll show you my machines Newbie killBike  - Newbie Laststand - Newbie War Eat , thanks for your time and the best survivor wins !

Newbie Laststand.jpg

Newbie War Eat.jpg

Newbie killbike 2.jpg

Newbie killbike 3.jpg

Newbie killbike.jpg

Edited by reyspectro
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Zorgolong99 said:

Are the weapons included in the 15 part limit?

I imagine they would be, since they are, um... parts.

• Like 1

Want some sidekicks, but are a newbie to the game? No problem!

screenshot-170901-120538.thumb.png.61c52

Although lacking in armor, the trick is to use your Sidekick deployers as makeshift armor, since if enemies are chasing after you, chances are that they'll be shooting into your rear end. Also, when deploying Sidekicks, you'll need to stay close to the enemies that you'll want the Sidekicks to attack (though you can still hide behind cover, unlike Attack Drones), but this vehicle should be fast enough to quickly deploy the Sidekicks close to enemy positions (possibly behind them), then retreat behind friendly teammates.

By the way, you could optionally swap them out for Attack Drones or Turrets, though later on, as your part limit increases, I'd recommend slapping on a radio to be able to get enemy locations from teammates, and some additional wheels to keep your ride from getting disabled so easily.

Edited by ShadowWolfTJC

Here's mine, the Newbie Lunatic Hunter Swarm Unit mk3.

Pretty much the best you can get when you get started in Lunatics, after you're givin' a Water butt.

Edit: moved pics to a spoiler, to evade space-spam.

Spoiler

screenshot-170901-124912.jpgscreenshot-170901-124905.jpgscreenshot-170901-124848.jpgscreenshot-170901-124924.jpgSin título2.png

Edited by Indiferencce

Do decor parts count? They don't do anything but look good

Just put up my car, i'm excited to see the winner:)!

1 hour ago, Zepther said:

Do decor parts count? They don't do anything but look good

Yes, sadly they do count.

I decided to create seperate cars representing the Lunatics,Nomads and Scavengers
Starter cars for all!
Hope you all have as much fun as i did,keep up the good work :3

screenshot-170901-194745.thumb.png.eb778screenshot-170901-192530.thumb.png.05cf2screenshot-170901-194831.thumb.png.d00f6screenshot-170901-194854.thumb.png.efd85screenshot-170901-192812.thumb.png.4f8e2screenshot-170901-194546.thumb.png.7cd6c