Enjoyingorc6742

Vehicle Cabin rework of sorts

i just got the game and i'm seeing a bunch of different Cabins (i'll call them Cabs for now) available and all are different in their functionality with weight and energy. my suggestion is this, have the Cabs be a cosmetic item but have the functionality be somewhat tier based, for example; say i have the 8th gen F-series Cab but i want to have the functionality of the best Cab in the game, why can't i have the best functionality but choose what Cab i want with it?

this is more of a nitpick thing but i prefer the F-series Cab over any other for looks anyway (if someone says it isn't an F-series cab, i'm gonna call BS since i have an '82 F-100 sitting in my driveway)

23 hours ago, RocketHotdog said:

So you want a duster cab with humpback stats powering a tank

Carapace is not that much bigger than Growl.

• Upvote 2

i think size of a cabin is relevant to the stats. larger cabins have more HP so the size evens out for balance, as its easier to hit. The smaller cabins have less HP making them harder to hit. I could just imagine how fast a humpback with 60hp would die.

3 hours ago, TheBeekeeper said:

i think size of a cabin is relevant to the stats. larger cabins have more HP so the size evens out for balance, as its easier to hit. The smaller cabins have less HP making them harder to hit. I could just imagine how fast a humpback with 60hp would die.

And vice versa 

• Upvote 1

after five large pieces of armor most cabs are hidden, till you been blasted to hell and just bout to die, imagination is the easy fix, my jawbreaker is an F1 car my delusions say so, so it is

the ability to "SKIN" your cab for looks is a good idea though

On 4.10.2017 at 3:02 AM, Hazmat616 said:

And vice versa 

How is it vice versa?

On 3.10.2017 at 9:27 PM, R4Ging said:

Carapace is not that much bigger than Growl.

Are you blind?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NaggNogger said:

How is it vice versa?

Are you blind?

I meant how hard it will be to kill a growl with 300 structure points points 

Cabin size is a major balancing factor so I have to say that I am against this idea:

13 hours ago, Speedlocked said:

the ability to "SKIN" your cab for looks is a good idea though

I like that idea. :smile:

• Upvote 2

Would make it cool for racing. Rather than nothing but Growls as far the eye can see (and that one poor newb in a Huntsman), you could have whatever you want for super happy fun time customisation! 

I have to disagree with this one... even if I absolutely LOVE customizing my vehicles and thinks that the cabin limit greatly that, its limitations is part of the gameplay and should provide a challenge for those trying to make the best build.

I hate limitations, but I LOVE anything that challenges my creativity even more.

But I agree we should be able to skin cabins just like CKs do with weapons.

Edited by lucashc90

Skinned cabins would indeed be very nice.

I think nearly all of the points I see here are well warranted and valid, but I am in agreement that some form of CK would be nice for the cabs.

I am not sure I agree with the idea "It is big and slow so give it more hit points" mostly because a bigger cab also means bigger or alot more structure pieces used to shield it as well as create any viable gundeck while also being able to somewhat pad hardware.

I like the trucker cab, but it I have due to its large cube design have found it impossible to build from without creating blind spots wher one weapon blocks another, or creating a shearline where a single sweep of anything high power leaves it defensless faster than the huntman explodes.

Bottom line, there needs to be a compromise somewhere in more ways than just tossing a few CK's per cab.