Low Level Building Tips

R4Ging

post your build tips for newbies here!

state the player level its aimed for or the level required to make it, then state the build or post a screenshot with a description regarding the benefits of building it.

my tip:

for the very low levels (at least level 2),

put your fuel like this so that you never have to worry about fuel tank explosion -

newbie fuel.jpg

using two 2x4 frames and one to three van sides placed like this in the rear of your car, you can hide your fuel quite well, and with the fuel being attached to only the most exposed van side piece, the fuel should drop off rather than explode when your rear does get shot at.

if you still have spare parts available that you don't need to place elsewhere (probably level 8+ players), you can  add them, just make sure they don't "weld" with the fuel barrel.

Edited by R4Ging
  • Upvote 1

for any player level trying to get the most out of every power score of their PvP build -

On 6/29/2017 at 7:07 AM, dukerustfield said:

CAB RADAR/RADIO DISTANCE

Duster 100/0
WWT1 200/0
Huntsman 100/0
Docker 100/0

to help keep your power score low, instead of having to equip a radar only to have it destroyed in battle, use the WWT1 cabin instead.

also, put a radio on all your builds!

Edited by R4Ging

When I started this account, I had the idea to help out newbies myself as well so I made some builds and published them at the exhibition. These builds were built by the parts what you can get at the lvl corresponding to their names.

They are called .: " LvL 5 Player car " and " LvL 9 Player car ". Both have some downloads already so I assume they are working well.

If you are new and want some better car than the starter one, then feel free to use them.

(The author is me ofc, so you can't miss it.)

2 hours ago, Gorezor said:

When I started this account, I had the idea to help out newbies myself as well so I made some builds and published them at the exhibition. These builds were built by the parts what you can get at the lvl corresponding to their names.

They are called .: " LvL 5 Player car " and " LvL 9 Player car ". Both have some downloads already so I assume they are working well.

If you are new and want some better car than the starter one, then feel free to use them.

(The author is me ofc, so you can't miss it.)

please post screenshots here, the exhibit doesn't let cross-server viewing (PC to console and console to PC).

also, describe what makes the build good as this is a "building tips" thread, not a "try these builds in exhibit" thread.

the goal is to let newbies learn to build proper cars so everyone has their own unique build that is at least half-decent, not make everyone use the "generic" builds and completely eliminate the "craft" part of this "craft, ride, destroy" game.

Edited by R4Ging

1 hour ago, R4Ging said:

please post screenshots here, the exhibit doesn't let cross-server viewing (PC to console and console to PC).

also, describe what makes the build good as this is a "building tips" thread, not a "try these builds in exhibit" thread.

the goal is to let newbies learn to build proper cars so everyone has their own unique build that is at least half-decent, not make everyone use the "generic" builds and completely eliminate the "craft" part of this "craft, ride, destroy" game.

I have a reason why I haven't  include any screenshots or some more in depth guide. To learn you have to figure things out by yourself. I just give some hints how things may work, or how it should be done to work out. They have the free choice to download some generic build, test it and maybe adapt/ examine/modify , whatever they want.

You should not force your own will on them what they should do or not.

The chance is given, but they decide how they want to play this game.

uhm, what part of "this is a build tips" thread did you not understand? don't hijack someone else's thread please.

I respect the fact that you want players to learn differently, but your post seem out of place if you ask me.

also, I understand why you put each piece of your build where they are, but I really don't see anything note-worthy other than -

*your 4 chord placement - my brother also brought this idea to my attention, and I commend you both for coming up with this (my brother even took this to another level by applying the idea to more than one dimension, but it really isn't better because it has equal pros and cons to the more standard square formation 4 chord build. I can even give you mathematical facts to say that its actually slightly worse, but its quite complicated and has minimal effect anyway so its not worth the effort.

*the use of "half-grid" piece (running board) to cover your weapon without greatly limiting its firing angle.

*the lower level one has no bumpers - hatchet is one of the greatest piece in the game, and its available at level 4.

*the higher level one has a semi-exposed fuel barrel - should move it further back by swapping the frames. I have a 7k Power Score build with something similar, but only because its main weapon is Mandrake and is therefore the part of it that gets shot at more often is the rear, not the front.

Edited by R4Ging

For starters, don't focus on building a fast ride that's armed with machine guns. Instead, focus on building a slow tank that's armed with machine guns, or a somewhat faster but still pretty-well-armored shotgun build. Either of these build archetypes are easy enough to work with whilst also being forgiving of mistakes compared to others.

The reason why I suggest this for new players is simply because it takes concentration to both aim accurately and drive good enough to not crash into walls, and from what I understand, trying to do both is asking ALOT for any player. Heck, even experienced players like myself tend to have trouble doing both at the same time, but newbies are especially challenged in this regard, since they aren't yet used to the game mechanics.

For this reason, I'd suggest leaving the fast driving-and-shooting to the drone/Caucasus builds, since they rely on the usage of auto-aiming weapons to free up their players' concentration, so that they can focus more on driving better (which is necessary if you're fast, but frail). Alternatively, with practice, you could get away with using cannons or missiles on a fast build, so that you could opt to shoot from mid-range, then duck back into cover to avoid getting shot at by the enemy in return, waiting for your weapons to reload before peeking back out and shooting once more.

31 minutes ago, R4Ging said:

uhm, what part of "this is a build tips" thread did you not understand? don't hijack someone else's thread please.

I respect the fact that you want players to learn differently, but your post seem out of place if you ask me.

also, I understand why you put each piece of your build where they are, but I really don't see anything note-worthy other than -

bla bla bla bla bla

I rather don't go into this, posted something that might be helpful for newbies but not interested to argue with forum trolls.

Keep your **** to yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

For newbies, i would say get in the habit of putting your fuel barrel under cab in between frames. I run 3k ps on pvp and use a duster cabin with a vector, attack drone and a saw. I like the build. Btw, a white n blue fuel barrel stack for 15 fuel on a win you survive

Put your fuel underneath. Your van side might work, but explosions or damage that significantly passes though will destroy it. 

You can start laying down some frames just to make it easier to connect stuff.
screenshot-170914-223023.thumb.jpg.43fa1

Then take it away any frames you don't need. If the frames are connected to the underneath of the cabin, they don't have to be connected to each other.

screenshot-170914-223032.thumb.jpg.be5df

The cabin below connects the two frames. The frames aren't connected to each other. This can save you weight and power score. But be careful about being shot from the side and having things explode.

screenshot-170914-223043.thumb.jpg.1a2c7

Sometimes it's hard to work on stuff underneath without removing things in the way.

screenshot-170914-223512.thumb.jpg.7efa7

Find out what key raises your vehicle. Then go underneath. Turn on the highlight squares, and work from there. Makes it much easier when you have tons of structure pieces on top.

screenshot-170914-223529.thumb.jpg.40b85

Do not overvalue armor!  This is the most common mistake I see.  Excess armor boosts up your power score without actually adding much to your destructive capability.  It gets destroyed easily and usually before any guns, so it becomes worthless for most of your fights.  Use armor to protect critical modules, such as fuel barrels, radiators, or your engine.  Add a few pieces around your cabin so that they can take a cannon hit before your cabin.  Speed is better defense than armor in most cases when you start out.

Use your power score to maximize damage.  If you have only white weapons, you should try to keep your build under 3000 Power Score.  Above 3000, you start encountering mostly builds with blue or better weapons, so you will be outgunned.

Focus crafting efforts on support components, such as Light Engine, Generators, Weapon Coolers, weapon Radiators, ammo boxes, etc.  These will add more to your vehicle than straight weapon upgrades.

Don't use a blue cabin under 4000 Power Score for PvP.  At that level, it isn't worth using due to the 500 extra power score.  Instead, use a white cabin + a generator if you want the extra energy.  This will keep your power score lower while providing the same energy you would otherwise get.

23 hours ago, dukerustfield said:

Put your fuel underneath. Your van side might work, but explosions or damage that significantly passes though will destroy it.

its meant for the very low levels - they don't have that many build options and I wouldn't suggest putting anything below frame level with the starter/small wheels.

explosions would destroy the van side first every time as it has far less structure than the fuel barrel - while you may want to keep that barrel attached to your car as long as possible, its better to drop it off than to have it explode on such a very low level build.

Edited by R4Ging