Rockstar__Daniel

What's best setup for 2 hammer fall shotguns

The answer will change after the cooler nerf but for now it's likely 2x Hammerfalls, 1x Spitfire, 2x Improved Coolers.

Yes, not having a radar detector sucks but you need 2x Improved Coolers to maximize your DPS, otherwise a 4x Spitfire build is just better.

2 hammerfalls, 2 coolers, 1 radiator, chameleon and radar detector has worked pretty well for me. Yes it has way lower dps than 4x spitfire build (or 2 hammer+1spitfire) but I wouldn't trade off the versatility brought by chameleon and radar detector or the burst brought by radiator for more dps.

I have not quite got there yet (only have 1 hammerfall), but i run 1 hammerfall, 2 thunderbolts, 2 purple coolers, light engine and the large radar.  I really dont see the point to waste energy on a detector, when that can be put into cooling or the radars without energy requirements used.  

6 hours ago, Abscissa5 said:

Hammer fall set up and RADAR Detector has worked pretty well for me.  

Now that's a proper necro! 2 years, 2 months and 2 days. Respect :salute:

• Haha 2

Just now, *Jomar_SL said:

Now that's a proper necro! 2 years, 2 months and 2 days. Respect :salute:

should have waited 4 years, 2 months and 0 days imho...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I also really like radiators over coolers. I want more shots in my burst before the overheat. Either way, spending any "extra" energy on radiators or coolers is the smart play.

Also, I make my Hammerfalls L1 and R1 so I can slightly offset the fire times. This allows the jam perk to work twice, rather than using both up in one shot.

Edited by aMaZe3212_CO
  • Upvote 1

Just type "Wedge" into the Exhibition, and whatever comes up, replace the Shotguns that are on it with your Hammerfalls.  

They also work okay with Harvesters, not great, not "The Best" but it's viable.  (I had one on a Growl and Gasgen build, 2 shotguns, 1 Harvester, and nothing else.  I'm not going to call it an Optimal Endgame build, but it worked.)

3 Hammerfalls would be better, of course.  If you have them.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Sad 1

On 9/9/2017 at 8:58 AM, *BigJoe1627-_- said:

You need the radar to see enemies on the map.

Not if your Allies have radar.  A Radio costs no Energy, it weighs next to nothing, and you can tuck it in anywhere.  Or, just mount at least 1 Radar.  You don't HAVE to spend 1 charge (If you don't have it) on a Radar.  If it's a choice between that, and Chameleon?  I think anyone can see the answer to that dillemma.

With shotguns, it's much more important that they can't detect you.

Edited by psiberzerker