TheSmitedAsh

Friendly chameleon outline

First, I'm not sure if this should be in the visuals section or the weapons and modules section as it deals with both.

I've recently been driven to the dark side and gone with a full Lancelot and Druzbha build utilizing chameleon in preparation for the new buff when it eventually hits consoles.

In the past couple of weeks of becoming a melee only build I've noticed a couple things that could be updated when it comes to the chameleon.

First off, I think that camo users should show up as an outline to all friendlies as every second of invisibility counts and getting hung up on a blueberry (teammate not in your party) can be catastrophic for both of you.  And with how tight the maps are, getting hung up is inevitable on more than a few of them.  As for the outline, maybe a bright blue or bright green outline dependant on if they are in a party with you or not.

Secondly, I feel as though either the center of gravity visual or the same outline as mentioned above needs to be added for your own personal view as trying to chase and lance someone on anything but a straightaway while invisible is next to impossible.  Even on straightaways, trying to lance someone while cloaked can be extremely difficult due to not knowing the exact angle that your lances will make contact which can cause a glancing blow a high percentage of the time.  Often leading to lances being lost in the collision without detonating. 

Just a couple quality of life suggestions for us melee players.

If anyone has any good ideas that would go along with this, please feel free to discuss.

Edited by TheSmitedAsh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

I always clip my wheels on terrain when cloaked. Ended up barrel rolling off the bridge earlier. Yes to visual change please. 

I would argue against that, if you are going to use invisibility, you should have to deal with the challenges associated with it. I've used chameleon and been able to drive just fine because I built my car well.

20 hours ago, Phantom329 said:

I would argue against that, if you are going to use invisibility, you should have to deal with the challenges associated with it. I've used chameleon and been able to drive just fine because I built my car well.

Builds have absolutely nothing to do with getting stuck on every environmental obstacle such as cars on Old Town.  Pretty much the main map I take issue with.

I agree. I personally don't use chameleon; however, I do accidentally run into team mates while they're in cloak. I sometimes notice them right before impact; I'd guess it's the same for our opponents.  

• Upvote 1

the cloaking outline, big YES

the lance thing will result in complaints about their being OP, all weapons have advantages & disadvantages, the less/more they have ends up creating more salt, and wasting DEVS time with Re-balancing all things, due to excessive tears, 

some of my most memorable moments in game have been getting driven through by skilled cloaked lance builds,  shoot, shoot wtf wheres my car, ok well played

Edited by Speedlocked

I definetely agree, i sometimes have to deal with being ran into when i use my cloak