ZoliWorks

Raids Match Maker is a joke

Raids are necessary to gain copper for free, but most people play them since they:

1) are too old and their reflexes are not good enough for pvp, but still want to enjoy the game

2) They want to show off or just mess around the maps (climbing stuff with walker builds is awesome!)

3) they enjoy playing pve more than pvp

4) or they just simply want to get copper

But maybe they have a preferred raid type? maybe their build is only suited to some raid types, and useless in others, and here's the issue, whenever raids change after 2 hours, the same types of raid appear over and over and over and over and over again with only the map or enemy changing, and this is almost all the time cargo race or defense. I can do defense, but a walker or a tracked vehicle is useless in a cargo race, and heist

Siege is nice, but too fast for legs, defense is working decently, you don't have to move that much, and if you have a clan mate who gets under you and pushes you from A to B its even better. Cargo race is unplayable for walkers, Convoy is the best raid for walkers, but not every time, the truck is faster than the leg, as the leg has the lowest speed cap at 35, but i'll talk about that in another forum. If you have a clan mate with you, you can just ask him to stay back from the truck with you, so it will go slower and you can keep up, or you can get lucky and get the slowest truck that goes like 25 so you can go faster than him, those are the most enjoyable.

But, your chance at getting a convoy raid is pretty low, since the match maker prefers cargo race over everything. You can see cargo race every time, along with defense, but i didn't see a convoy in the past 2 days! same for siege and heist, they are too rare. I loved my walker, but i ended up selling my legs since the downsides are way more than the benefits, here's a pretty deep discussion about legs, and why they are useless

The point of my thread is: The raids match maker should be updated, instead of doing this: GXlDITt.jpg

Or the raids that were before this pic: All defense raids, 2 easy, 1 medium and 1 hard, same enemy and same map, but the difficulty changed, nothing else but the difficulty

We should have all raids with the same chance of appearing, and no repeating raids like we have in the image, and not raids that don't change even after 4 hours, they just stay the same.

Not everybody is able to stay all day long at their machine, waiting for that certain type of raid, i usually get back from work at 5pm and cant stay more than 3 hours. Me getting a defense or a convoy in this time is maybe once a week. I would like if every raid would be available  at least twice each day, so we can enjoy our favorite raids each day instead of once each 3 days.

Invasion is always there, it never disappears, maybe we could have all raids like that and you could just play whichever you want and you can also chose the difficulty

Edited by ZoliWorks
spelling mistakes
  • Upvote 2

The one after the previous image, finally a convoy in 2 days, but still cargo race spam

UDPQaae.png

• Upvote 2

Raids does a good job with variety for me on xbox. Yeah sometimes i see same exact mission on easy or a wall of defense but it spreads. One thing I DONT see is the Nomads anymore. Non-stop lunatics on xbox.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cpt_Nero said:

Thank you for the Feedback, noted and added up to the Document.

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, SleepySRH said:

Raids does a good job with variety for me on xbox. Yeah sometimes i see same exact mission on easy or a wall of defense but it spreads. One thing I DONT see is the Nomads anymore. Non-stop lunatics on xbox.

I never saw the nomads in raids, only engineers, lunatics and scavengers 

Pretty sure i remember the nomad rigs had dual whirlwinds. I know engineers on hard use scorpion, missle drone, impulse, and the grunts use whirldwind. I think nomad was retcher, reaper, dual missle drone, dual whirlwind. Idk the days roll together now and I usually try not to think hard about whats in front of me if it just needs to get done lol

I would suggest a 2-2-2 format instead of the current 2-1-1 format, and a algorithm to reduce chances of the same raid spawning.

PS is crossout using a borked pseudo randomiser? May explain some of the randomness issue.

• Upvote 1