SleepySRH

"Worldmap" fan made.

One thing this game does not have is a "World Map." There's reasons behind this including the fact that its pretty much assumed to be earth in the near future. If you think hard though about the lore and the knight rider event the area we all play in is small. These "Factions" do not rule the world, only their own domains. So I found a map generator and threw in a bunch of seeds until I found a world that I considered to have all the needs for what we have. I placed the locations of battlefield on one map and cut off sections of it on another to show where Factions would likely consider "territory" in this section of the world. Just a stupid little project that took about a half hour but I thought it would be fun to give some "location" to these locations we fight on. Do note this is not a bonafide attempt, I encourage you guys to maybe make your own better versions. Anyways here's my version of the world of crossout.

This Region need a name though...

DJlgPkOV4AAN3aO.jpg:large

Edited by SleepySRH
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, SleepySRH said:

One thing this game does not have is a "World Map." There's reasons behind this including the fact that its pretty much assumed to be earth in the near future. If you think hard though about the lore and the knight rider event the area we all play in is small. These "Factions" do not rule the world, only their own domains. So I found a map generator and threw in a bunch of seeds until I found a world that I considered to have all the needs for what we have. I placed the locations of battlefield on one map and cut off sections of it on another to show where Factions would likely consider "territory" in this section of the world. Just a stupid little project that took about a half hour but I thought it would be fun to give some "location" to these locations we fight on. Do note this is not a bonafide attempt, I encourage you guys to maybe make your own better versions. Anyways here's my version of the world of crossout.

This Region need a name though...

DJlgPkOV4AAN3aO.jpg:large

Love the fact of the open world PvE/PvP as everyone else, but; I gotta say that I may be able to know WHY the devs don't like this Idea at all.

First of all, they should take an entire team of devs to place stuff all around the so called 'new map' (takin' in consideration it is at least xIO any small map we have, or x5 Fortress) then spawns, then a way to repair the vehicle without leaving the game mode, also make the players gain stuff with every kill (maybe every 5 kills), but the big downside of it, is that it needs 2 major things:

1. Constant uptime. We all know that a server can stack up lag and trash-files after a while. Stack this up with 2.
  2. Max players per server. The max we saw they could keep up with it, is 6 players LIVE, think how many data they need to deliver/receive to the server & the fact that everyone should be able to repair in mid-play, make changes on their vehicles on the move & also keep track of every spawned enemy.

The reason they didn't specified because of obvious reasons, is that they could had removed the 6-easy-raids because of this, they couldn't keep up with 6 players at a single lobby, but optimisticly, they said it was "too easy to have 6 players at the same time".

Open world will never happen. The game would have to be redesigned fromt he ground up and running open world with as much customization as this game handles would be very expensive. That would be an entirely new game and there is no way this will happen with this version.

@MALKAV1337 quoting it shows me the image. I dont know if its just you yet or not

12 minutes ago, SleepySRH said:

Open world will never happen. The game would have to be redesigned fromt he ground up and running open world with as much customization as this game handles would be very expensive. That would be an entirely new game and there is no way this will happen with this version.

@MALKAV1337 quoting it shows me the image. I dont know if its just you yet or not

I tested it now on IE without login (Firefox is normally my only choice) and can see the image. Strange thing, newer got something like that before.

What ever, your map lloks very good and make sence. Would love to have open world and chill and fight there:good:

This isn't a pitch for an open world just a fun little visual aid for people who like to have an idea of "where" they are fighting.

DOOUU01UIAEeDe9.jpg:large

What do you think does the new worldmap look like mine kinda? Especially how the mountains are top left and there is lakes on the right.

Edited by SleepySRH