gaaraplayer

New pvp mission ideals.

PVP mission changes  

28 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think would suit this mode great?

• Team death match
    • team storm warning
    • capture the flag
    • Team scropion
    • team defense
  2. 2. do you think this would be a grand ideal to add more to missions?

• yes!
    • No!
  3. 3. do you have an ideal of your own.

• Yes, And i'll share it.
    • Yes, but its in another thread.
    • No

(The first question is mutiple choice, so pick anything that would be your cup of tea)

ok, with how things are coming along, i heard some say "PVP isn't worth it at high levels." and seen some simular comments, so with this, i might have an ideal on some new pvp that will make it lively and explode with fun wacky modes.

the way i have in mind is changing the missions to have multiple modes at the same time. but they would be unlocked 24/7 360.

• Team death match

this is a gamemode close to what we have now, but in this, theres no running to save face, its "Seek And Destroy!" and the only way to win is to hunt everyone down or let the timer run out. unless your planing on getting everyone but team, it going to be hard to sneak and escape your demise.

• team storm warning

so basicly, this mission is about the same as the other version, but this time, theres no timer, and the storm is your biggest concern, can you defeat the enemy before you are sallowed by the storm. 

• capture the flag

this would be a new gamemode made spacificly for pvp only, you can come back into battle. but only after you wait 30 seconds, (got to give some drag on this game mode,) the game is simple capture more flags then the enemy, and defend your till the timer hits zero. the game will run 5-10 minutes depending on how large or small the map is. bigger maps means bigger risks, and for those with the flag, a bounty marker will apeer over your head for the enemy to hunt you down. so be mindful of that.

• Team scropion

just like its counter part, your are giving a vehicle to drive. but your backed up by the team, so lone wolfs can get help when the time comes, and if this light fighting vehicle isn't enough, then there might be "other" vehicle in the mixer to mixs things up a bit.

• team defense

this one would be great going usa football style. one team is attacking, another team is defending. everyone gets only one chance. the attackers will have a target to take down, and the defence, has to defend said target. if the target goes down before the timer hits zero, the attackers atuomaticly wins. and if the target is still but by then, the defenders win. and to note, the target would have soo much health, it will make things equal on both side. so fight hard. and plan right.

all of these are not set in any stone, these are ideals thats ether floating around. or new ones that will help make missions more fun and divers. this would not change how to get  white parts, but will give everyone a choice on what to do next.

i hope this will work with everyone. share your thoughts on this :)

I would love to see multiple game modes rather than all of them being the same pool of maps. 

Give me the option of "all types" still, but in addition I would like to see CTF, TDM, FFA, and KotH (single capture point) be broken out to their own modes as well. In addition they should all have different sized matches. EG: 4v4, and the classic 8v8. If it is at all possible to give us an "epic" sized battle like 30v30 I would love it, but I understand servers probably can't handle that.

Yeah, give us more choice in the map/game types under PvP and even let us scale down the fights we are in. some may enjoy a more tactical 4v4 experience and plenty hate the bases/capture points so TDM makes sense.

I suspect the only reason these kinds of things haven't been done is due to how small the pool of players would get. As it stands it's hard to consistently get "reasonable" matches right now. I can't imagine what would happen if you fragmented the player pool. 

• Upvote 1

Sounds interesting, my biggest concern is waiting time and how long each mach would take.

But atm i would rather wait for a better reward system to show up before adding more chefs to the kitchen.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NaggNogger said:

Sounds interesting, my biggest concern is waiting time and how long each mach would take.

But atm i would rather wait for a better reward system to show up before adding more chefs to the kitchen.

well... there might be another good slution to this, if wait time might be an issue, there's always an ideal to through theres in the mixer and let the game/map routate per round. so every game is different.

I could see all of the traditional moba/build focused game modes opening up in some fashion. I am a big fan of capture the flag as it could be huge in clan wars, but very fun in casual too. I could see cheeky speed builds zipping by with the flag and tanks holding down the fort.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2017 at 12:33 PM, Payneshu said:

Give me the option of "all types" still, but in addition I would like to see CTF, TDM, FFA, and KotH (single capture point) be broken out to their own modes as well. In addition they should all have different sized matches. EG: 4v4, and the classic 8v8. If it is at all possible to give us an "epic" sized battle like 30v30 I would love it, but I understand servers probably can't handle that.

that might not be a bad ideal, adding a 4v4 or 8v8 mode might be fun. but we already have raids, (that 4v4)  but i know what you mean, i suggest if this is to be added to the missions love, it would be added  as the first couple of missions, and move on to 8, or have the option to go between 4 and 8 with a check mark box. ether way. this is just an ideal i like to throw up into this mix (the target of this thread is to give missions some love.

A lot of the Max Mad style movies were based on old Wild West Movies with Cowboys and such. It could be fun to have a Wild West Train Robbery PvP where one side is the Train and the other side are the dirty varmints trying to rob the train. The Train could be replaced with someone's Leviathan. If the other teams disables the "train" then they rob the "train" and win. The varmints get 3 extra cars to balance out the Leviathan.

You could do something like the Magnificent Seven where one small group gets their Leviathans and the other larger group gets their normal rides with unlimited deaths. The small defending group has to protect the town from being destroyed .

• Like 1

Suggestion for a new game mode:

Conquest

A mode where each map has several objective points somewhere close to the middle, with each objective yielding a bonus to the team that currently has it captured.

Suggestions for objective bonuses:

- Propaganda centre: The team holding this objective get bonus rep for this round!

- Fuel dump: The team holding this objective get a speed bonus.

- Radio relay: The team holding this objective get increased detection and transmission radius

- Garage: When held for long enough, spawns a bot of appropriate power level that fights for the team holding the objective.

- Armory: The team holding this objective gets a reduced reload/cooldown times or maybe even a small damage boost.

- Scrapheap: The team holding this objective get a small structure bonus to parts.

Alternatively, objectives could yield post battle rewards with fuel dumps yielding a small amount of fuel, scrapheaps yielding a litte bonus scrap or radio relays yielding wires. The amount of time the objective is held during battle could determine the amount.

Important notes:

- Objectives should be close to the middle of the map, to encourage battling over them.

- Objectives should be captured instantly when driving close to them - they are not meant to encourage turtling. If both teams are near objectives they count as contested and neither side benefits. 

- There should always be an uneven number of objectives to prevent stalemates.

- Holding objectives could add points over time, to be used as a tie-breaker if time runs out.

I'm sure people can come up with many more interesting or whacky ideas for objectives to keep this gamemode varied and fun!

Now, I feel like objectives should be few enough and close enough to one another that they encourage fighting/skirmishing over them. That is also why I don't think you should win the game by holding them - They are not supposed to be another game winning cap. Of course the bonuses could help in winning fights, but the fights themselves should determine which side is victorious. This same argument is why I don't think you should need to remain near them to hold them.

Let me know what you think :)

• Upvote 1

a weekly Mission or Brawl similar to BBS (BigBlackScorpion) only everyone has the same faction Blueprint build, (with or without the above team BBS mode/team deathmatch)

possibly even using community voted build,

parts wouldn't be required, making all players eligible to participate the same build like BBS is a great test of skill, using different builds just add variety

thanks for the poll dude :popcorn: