Mraevn

Guide To Primary Weapons

Recommended Posts

Great job! :good:

Mraevn (Posted )

Thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good guide, but as a moderator, shouldn't you be pinning other guides rather than writing your own?

I've requested this many times all over the forums, and not just regarding my own guide; there are plenty of good ones here, just waiting to be bumped off the first page, never to be seen again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic guide, it is actually helpful for even me, a guy who has been watching this game since alpha and been playing sense closed beta

Edited by Dengar_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this is pinned, could we also get some other great guides pinned please? :smile:

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its good, but there are some flaws in it. I was already planning to do a video about this so ill point them out :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheCatPlaysGamez said:

Its good, but there are some flaws in it. I was already planning to do a video about this so ill point them out :)

Flaws.  Like how you keep telling people to cover their cabs in detail pieces because it works like armor?  Will you be stopping that or is misleading people sort of your gimmick?  Or maybe you just don't realize it's bad advice, who knows?  Only you.  Peace.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thissler i never said covering anything in decor was a smart idea.

frames are OP and should get nerfed.

tough it is smart to cover your cab in at least a few parts to you dont get nuked by some HE shells at low tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Branderyk said:

Very nice guide. Thank you for a time but on paper fixed cannons have a less damage than turret.

1. Ignore all bars ingame, they are often ludicrous inaccurate.

 

2. Turrets deal more damage than fixed cannons. Little Boys are close to Executioner alpha damage.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4. 10. 2017 at 9:55 PM, ARES_IV said:

Since this is pinned, could we also get some other great guides pinned please? :smile:

@ARES_IV @Gessie Sorry for late response, Guides don't really fall under my jurisdiction so I don't view it that often. Well the reason for pinning it up was that alot of players kept asking me about related stuff so I just made a guide. I'll be glad to pin up any good guides, just provide me the links please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started actively playing a week ago and everything over 3500 PS puts you in the fight with some UFOs, lasers... not to mention the sniper-double cannons, at least half the player's favorite weapon. I sold jawbreaker, pilgrim, 3 AC43 Rapiers, scope which I grinded for a week. Everything over 3500 and 4000 ps go to a science fiction sphere that does not interest me at all. I think I'll stop playing before I lose too much time as it happened to me with WOT, where I wasted 2 years of grind and too much money on foolishness.

:004:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2017 at 6:49 PM, rabbitson said:

I started actively playing a week ago and everything over 3500 PS puts you in the fight with some UFOs, lasers... not to mention the sniper-double cannons, at least half the player's favorite weapon. I sold jawbreaker, pilgrim, 3 AC43 Rapiers, scope which I grinded for a week. Everything over 3500 and 4000 ps go to a science fiction sphere that does not interest me at all. I think I'll stop playing before I lose too much time as it happened to me with WOT, where I wasted 2 years of grind and too much money on foolishness.

:004:

Totally unrelated to the post, though I can't say I disagree with the "UFO" part. 

Great guide btw. Awesome work! 

Edited by Balcanis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I retired my builds, 3500ps and up. My new builds 3000ps and under. I've been joining pvps  with these lightly armored fast builds using white and blue weapons etc. Been having a great time, better teamwork...and ending up with points up to 5000. Got tired of wasting time against Sci fi  builds...hovers, drones ,cloaking devices, dawn of children crap....back to basics...love it.:006j:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 2:28 PM, Mraevn said:

guide_header.png

This guide is to provide the basic information on primary weapon classes, their pros, cons and synergies with other hardware modules.

Please keep in mind, that this guide does not include all types of weapons but is more focused on the ''primary'' ones such as machineguns, shotguns, cannons etc... Extraordinary weapons such as Howitzer, Drones, A.I. Controlled Weapons, Relic weapons, Grenade Launchers and Proximy Mines are excluded from this guide.

 

First of all let's take a look what types of primary weapons does the game gives us.

weapon_classes.thumb.png.e80ccdd7b1660cc

Lets start with the first type of weapon which is of course the Machinegun.

*Machineguns*

Machineguns are one of the most common weapons in the game. This is the first weapon that all players start with. Currently there are 5 Machineguns in total, starting with the ''SM Hornet'' a common quality starter machinegun, ''LM-54 Chord'' (uncommon), ''ST-M23 Deffender'' (rare), ''MM5-4 Vector'' (rare) and finally ''Spectre-2'' (epic). So far there is no legendary quality Machinegun, but don't get your hopes down, it might become available in the future.

Machineguns are somewhat a ''multi-purpose'' weapon. They are however best used in the mid to close range. They provide constant firepower with decent accuracy and range.

machineguns_cons.thumb.jpg.8e8ce90fc3a93

I would suggest machineguns to anyone who likes to engage in a mid to close range combat. It's great for fast builds as well as machineguns can rotate almost instantly. Overall damage often depends on the range, the greater the range the lower the damage and accuracy as well. The best synergy for machineguns is a cooler. You do not need radiators because the weapons fire long enough without it, yet the accuracy would drop very low if you would shoot for too long constantly. The best combo is with 1 or 2 coolers, because you only need to care about the reload times upon overheating. I also highly suggest to fire a short bursts instead of long un-interrupted firing. Main reason is to not lose the accuracy. You can however fire without interruption if you are shooting at enemies in close range. Machineguns drain up to 4 energy points at max.

*Shotguns*

Oh yeah, the sweet shotguns. The ultimate close range weapon. They are able to deal huge amounts of damage in a very short time, but need to reload after around 4 shots and the reload times are quite long. Shotguns are also useless in mid to long range, but they are pretty small in general so it is pretty easy to hide them anywhere you'd like. There are currently 6 shotgun weapons in the game. ''Lupara'' (uncommon), ''Spitfire'' (rare), ''Sledgehammer'' (rare), ''BG2 Goblin'' (rare), ''Thunderbolt'' (epic) and finally ''Hammerfall'' (legendary).

shotguns_cons.thumb.jpg.732ffb60dcd487fd

As I mentioned before, shotguns are only usable in close range combat. Don't bother shooting at anything thats at a distance of 5 vehicles as you will not hit anything and you would only overheat your weapon. I can assure you, that if you get close you will deal very high damage to anything. I also highly suggest to build a fast vehicle when you want to use shotguns. The main reason for a fast vehicle is that the enemies have less time to respond, and you need to get close to them as soon as possible otherways they could deal some damage before you are even able to hit them. Another great thing to use with shotguns is a Cooler. Coolers are very important in shotgun builds because the reload times are very long without them. Another great addition would be a Chameleon. Chameleon will help you to get closer to the enemies without being damaged on your way

*Turret Cannons*

Turret cannons are large caliber weapons that deal explosive damage. Their projectiles fly on a ballistic curve and can hit targets in great distances if used correctly. The main difference between Turreted cannons and Cannons is that these are able to rotate in 360 degree angle. Sadly the rotation speed of this weapon is not that great, as it weights alot of kilos. So far there are 3 Turret cannons present in the game. ''Little Boy 6LB'' (rare), ''ZS-34 Fat Man'' (epic) and ''Mammoth'' (legendary). Most of these weapons belong to the Scavenger's workbench.

turret_cannons_cons.thumb.jpg.a50356b068

Turret cannons pack a huge punch, when you are able to hit the enemies. Their explosive shells are able to strip enemy armor and weapons in few hits. You will need a little practice before you are able to hit enemies in long distances. You must also get some additional equipment in order to have a usable cannon build, starting with Ammo box which is the only way to increase the amount of shells your vehicle carries. These weapons have limited ammo and without any additional ammunition you would run dry very soon. You can also equip your vehicle with a scope which lets you zoom in on enemies which are too far. If you would like to also increase the reload speed of your cannon, be sure to get the Powerful engine Mk2 which is the only way to do it, since Turret cannons don't benefit from coolers. It will also greatly increase the tonnage of your vehicle and since the Turret cannons are the heaviest weapons in the game, this engine will help you alot. Turret cannons eat up to 6 energy points so be sure to use Energy generators in order to place more than one on your vehicle.

*Cannons*

Cannons are very similar to Turret cannons with only a few differences. They are not able to turn in place, so the only way to aim anywhere else than in front of them is to rotate the whole vehicle. Cannons have the highest single-shot damage in the game, yes even greater than those of Turret cannons. We can use 4 Cannons in the game at the moment. ''Avenger 57mm'' (uncommon), ''Judge 76mm'' (rare), ''Executioner 88mm'' (epic) and ''BC-17 Tsunami'' (legendary).

cannons_cons.thumb.jpg.ab4b23b5cc7dbc33c

Although Cannons are very similar stats wise to Turret cannons they require a little less energy. Most of them drain 5 energy with the exception of Tsunami (6 energy points). Cannons are alot more accurate and their projectiles have slightly better projectile velocity - meaning that the shells do not drop down as much and fly faster. Reload times are also slightly better than those on Turret cannons and combined with Powerful engine Mk2 again will even improve this issue. Cannons however possess less structure points than Turret cannons as they are abit lighter as well. They are the best weapon for sniping and once again should be built on a larger vehicle with large tonnage. They do not need to be that fast, but they need to be able to turn quickly, to mitigate for the limited firing angle. This is why I would suggest using tracks instead of wheels because tracks solely are able to rotate almost on spot. Scope is a must as well!

*Miniguns*

miniguns are the most popular weapon in the game so far. They provide constant firepower with the highest rate of fire in the game. They excell at mid range and even provide better accuracy when constant firing than machineguns. They however need to spin up their barrels before they are able to shoot. Sadly there is only 2 types of miniguns in the game now - one being the ''MG13 Equalizer'' (epic) and the famous ''Reaper'' (legendary). These weapons are best suited to those who like to constantly shoot at anything that moves... or doesn't move at all. They are also great for suppressing with their amazing and constant rate of fire.

miniguns_cons.thumb.jpg.26668fc690335100

It's hard to compare to other weapons as there is only 2 miniguns so far and they have some major differences between each other. For example the Reaper requires ammunition and consumes 6 energy points, where on the other hand Equalizer only uses 3 energy points and doesn't require ammo, so keep that in mind. Both weapons provide the highest firing rate possible and the overheat threshold is quite amazing too. I would still recommend to use additional Radiators and Coolers for the maximum effect. For the Reaper I would use 1 Radiator and 2 Coolers and for Equalizer I would use 2 radiators and one cooler. The reason for that is because Equalizers' perk requires you to shoot constantly to trigger the damage buff which is significant, so try to shoot with it even if the target is hidden for a second, so you don't lose the damage buff. As for reaper, you dont really need to increase the overheat threshold. Its' perk simply applies to every 10th bullet, so the only thing really necessary would be the Cooler. I have to say these are my favorite weapons as well. If you like to shoot alot or simply love miniguns and rotary cannons, use these two fellas!

*Autocannons*

Autocannons are mostly used when shooting from a longer range. They provide great firing range and accuracy as well. They don't weight that much compared to Cannons, so you can even make fast moving sniper builds. You can also rotate them pretty quickly and they are able to rotate in a 360 angle, so you can shoot anything. There are once again only 2 of these weapons at the moment. The ''AC-43 Rapier'' (rare) and the ''AC-72 Whirlwind'' (epic).

autocannons_cons.thumb.jpg.639bafd305d52

In the right hands autocannons are the ultimate sniper weapon. They excel at long range support fire, especially the Whirlwind which has increased damage over longer distance. If you like to snipe from the back, staying kinda safe behind your team mates, this is a perfect weapon for you. The weapon seems very powerful, but I suggest you to not unnecessarily engage in close range combat. Other faster weapons with sustained firepower will have the upper hand, and most likely shoot off your autocannon even if it has pretty decent structure. To increase the precission in long distance, be sure to mount a scope on your vehicle to zoom on those enemies across the map. To improve the slightly slower reload speeds use a weapon cooler, it helps alot, especially if you get into an unwanted close range fight.

*Guided Missiles*

Guided missiles are exactly what they are. Such weapons usually fire their guided missiles upwards, so that they don't collide with close objects or terrain. They simply lock on a targeted enemy and fly right in their face, dealing significant explosive damage. We can use up 3 different guided missile launcher at the moment. First one is the ''Pyre Launcher'' (epic), ''Clarinet TOW'' (epic) and the ''Hurricane'' (legendary).

guided_missiles_cons.thumb.jpg.657d3cfcc

Pyre and Hurricane work in a different way compared to Clarinet TOW. Clarinet is a weapon that fires a Homing missile which needs to be manually controlled by the player. It deals huge damage and it can be controlled for around 15 seconds. Once again all three weapons are best used from a long range. They need alot of space to be able to hit the target, if the target is too close the missile will just fly over it. I would not recommend building a vehicle equipped only with such weapons, as you have no defense in close range combat. The only way to improve the close range combat would be to mount the weapons really low so that they do not fly too high and are still able to turn on the enemies. To improve the lock-on system you must have a decent radar. The enemies need to be spotted and marked (must appear as red dots on the map) to be able to lock the missiles on them. Radars will increase the range at which the weapon is able to lock the target, if the target is not locked, the missiles will just fly forward. Don't forget to bring some ammo boxes as well, the ammo amount is not all that great without them.

*Unguided Missiles*

Unguided missiles deal even more damage than Guided missiles, but as their name points out - they are not guided. There are currently only 2 weapons in the game at the moment. One being the ''AT Wasp'' (rare) and the second one is the famous ''Cricket 1M'' (epic). They both have a limited firing arc, just like Cannons. In order to aim with them you need to rotate your whole vehicle.

unguided_missiles_cons.thumb.jpg.e5c250f

Unguided missiles deal massive explosive damage. They can perform slightly better than Guided Missiles even in mid range. Their reload speed is somewhat decent and with the Powerful engine Mk2 it gets even better. Cricket specifically has a great perk which increases the damage of all missiles depending on the distance they travel. The further the more damage. In some open maps you can shoot across the whole map and each missile will deal very high damage. Be careful tho they tend to disperse quite a bit when firing over long distance. I'd say they work best at mid range. I also highly recommend to bring ammo boxes again to increase the limited amount of ammunition. This weapon is great for PvP in some occasions but it's even better in raids especially Siege. In the siege raids you can destroy the Pumpjacks in 2 volleys easily and from distance that you are protected from their armaments.

*Melee Weapons*

Finally the melee weapons. Almost every car has them. They are considered the weapons of ''last hope''. In battles it is pretty common that your primary weapons such as machineguns, cannons etc. get shot off. What do you do then? That's exactly the reason you should always drive with at least one or two of these. There are currently 4 melee weapons in the game. The ''Buzzsaw'' (rare), ''Auger'' (rare), ''Druzhba 2'' (epic) and the ''Harvester'' (legendary). Don't get me wrong, I'm only talking about active melee weapons. There are Blades, Bumpers and other structure parts that are able to deal melee damage upon contact with the enemy.

melee_weapons_cons.thumb.jpg.4d04cd98cf9

Melee weapons are great at dealing damage up close and personal but be carefull tho, they have reduced damage against Plows and Bumpers. If you see vehicle armored with such parts, try to find a ''weaker'' spot on the vehicle where you can start shredding some metal! Also count in with the fact that melee weapons often get destroyed if you ''dig'' too deep and destroy enemy ammo box or generator. The explosion from such components will damage or even destroy your melee weapons. You can however protect your melee weapons by using your own plow and placing the melee weapons under it. Plow will absorb the explosion from such components if placed correctly and your weapon will survive. Remember, that they do not need to be sticking out like a Lancelot, you just need it to be the placed in a way that it goes to a contact with the enemy. If you are planning to build a pure melee build be sure to equip your car with a Chameleon. This will greatly help you to advance on an enemy without being shot back before you get to him. Don't forget to also mount a decent engine to get some speed, which is fatal when running melee builds.

 

Well thats all for this guide, I hope that you have learned something new and if not I hope that it was at least entertaining to read. If you have any questions don't hesitate and write a comment below, I will be happy to help! ;)

I think it’s time to update this guide.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better off learning how to profit from patch, someone bought up every weapon that was buffed in the patch before the patch notes were public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this list Be updated with the New types of Weapons that have Been around for some time? And the new types that have just come out with the current Knight Riders event?

Edit:

Like the Incinerator(Catapult), Fortune and Porcupine , FireBug and Draco, Corvo Revolver. And many others. Take a look at this list in this link.

https://crossoutdb.com/crafting#category=weapons.

Edited by Eldren24484
added text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 8:28 PM, Mraevn said:

guide_header.png

This guide is to provide the basic information on primary weapon classes, their pros, cons and synergies with other hardware modules.

Please keep in mind, that this guide does not include all types of weapons but is more focused on the ''primary'' ones such as machineguns, shotguns, cannons etc... Extraordinary weapons such as Howitzer, Drones, A.I. Controlled Weapons, Relic weapons, Grenade Launchers and Proximy Mines are excluded from this guide.

 

First of all let's take a look what types of primary weapons does the game gives us.

weapon_classes.thumb.png.e80ccdd7b1660cc

Lets start with the first type of weapon which is of course the Machinegun.

*Machineguns*

Machineguns are one of the most common weapons in the game. This is the first weapon that all players start with. Currently there are 5 Machineguns in total, starting with the ''SM Hornet'' a common quality starter machinegun, ''LM-54 Chord'' (uncommon), ''ST-M23 Deffender'' (rare), ''MM5-4 Vector'' (rare) and finally ''Spectre-2'' (epic). So far there is no legendary quality Machinegun, but don't get your hopes down, it might become available in the future.

Machineguns are somewhat a ''multi-purpose'' weapon. They are however best used in the mid to close range. They provide constant firepower with decent accuracy and range.

machineguns_cons.thumb.jpg.8e8ce90fc3a93

I would suggest machineguns to anyone who likes to engage in a mid to close range combat. It's great for fast builds as well as machineguns can rotate almost instantly. Overall damage often depends on the range, the greater the range the lower the damage and accuracy as well. The best synergy for machineguns is a cooler. You do not need radiators because the weapons fire long enough without it, yet the accuracy would drop very low if you would shoot for too long constantly. The best combo is with 1 or 2 coolers, because you only need to care about the reload times upon overheating. I also highly suggest to fire a short bursts instead of long un-interrupted firing. Main reason is to not lose the accuracy. You can however fire without interruption if you are shooting at enemies in close range. Machineguns drain up to 4 energy points at max.

*Shotguns*

Oh yeah, the sweet shotguns. The ultimate close range weapon. They are able to deal huge amounts of damage in a very short time, but need to reload after around 4 shots and the reload times are quite long. Shotguns are also useless in mid to long range, but they are pretty small in general so it is pretty easy to hide them anywhere you'd like. There are currently 6 shotgun weapons in the game. ''Lupara'' (uncommon), ''Spitfire'' (rare), ''Sledgehammer'' (rare), ''BG2 Goblin'' (rare), ''Thunderbolt'' (epic) and finally ''Hammerfall'' (legendary).

shotguns_cons.thumb.jpg.732ffb60dcd487fd

As I mentioned before, shotguns are only usable in close range combat. Don't bother shooting at anything thats at a distance of 5 vehicles as you will not hit anything and you would only overheat your weapon. I can assure you, that if you get close you will deal very high damage to anything. I also highly suggest to build a fast vehicle when you want to use shotguns. The main reason for a fast vehicle is that the enemies have less time to respond, and you need to get close to them as soon as possible otherways they could deal some damage before you are even able to hit them. Another great thing to use with shotguns is a Cooler. Coolers are very important in shotgun builds because the reload times are very long without them. Another great addition would be a Chameleon. Chameleon will help you to get closer to the enemies without being damaged on your way

*Turret Cannons*

Turret cannons are large caliber weapons that deal explosive damage. Their projectiles fly on a ballistic curve and can hit targets in great distances if used correctly. The main difference between Turreted cannons and Cannons is that these are able to rotate in 360 degree angle. Sadly the rotation speed of this weapon is not that great, as it weights alot of kilos. So far there are 3 Turret cannons present in the game. ''Little Boy 6LB'' (rare), ''ZS-34 Fat Man'' (epic) and ''Mammoth'' (legendary). Most of these weapons belong to the Scavenger's workbench.

turret_cannons_cons.thumb.jpg.a50356b068

Turret cannons pack a huge punch, when you are able to hit the enemies. Their explosive shells are able to strip enemy armor and weapons in few hits. You will need a little practice before you are able to hit enemies in long distances. You must also get some additional equipment in order to have a usable cannon build, starting with Ammo box which is the only way to increase the amount of shells your vehicle carries. These weapons have limited ammo and without any additional ammunition you would run dry very soon. You can also equip your vehicle with a scope which lets you zoom in on enemies which are too far. If you would like to also increase the reload speed of your cannon, be sure to get the Powerful engine Mk2 which is the only way to do it, since Turret cannons don't benefit from coolers. It will also greatly increase the tonnage of your vehicle and since the Turret cannons are the heaviest weapons in the game, this engine will help you alot. Turret cannons eat up to 6 energy points so be sure to use Energy generators in order to place more than one on your vehicle.

*Cannons*

Cannons are very similar to Turret cannons with only a few differences. They are not able to turn in place, so the only way to aim anywhere else than in front of them is to rotate the whole vehicle. Cannons have the highest single-shot damage in the game, yes even greater than those of Turret cannons. We can use 4 Cannons in the game at the moment. ''Avenger 57mm'' (uncommon), ''Judge 76mm'' (rare), ''Executioner 88mm'' (epic) and ''BC-17 Tsunami'' (legendary).

cannons_cons.thumb.jpg.ab4b23b5cc7dbc33c

Although Cannons are very similar stats wise to Turret cannons they require a little less energy. Most of them drain 5 energy with the exception of Tsunami (6 energy points). Cannons are alot more accurate and their projectiles have slightly better projectile velocity - meaning that the shells do not drop down as much and fly faster. Reload times are also slightly better than those on Turret cannons and combined with Powerful engine Mk2 again will even improve this issue. Cannons however possess less structure points than Turret cannons as they are abit lighter as well. They are the best weapon for sniping and once again should be built on a larger vehicle with large tonnage. They do not need to be that fast, but they need to be able to turn quickly, to mitigate for the limited firing angle. This is why I would suggest using tracks instead of wheels because tracks solely are able to rotate almost on spot. Scope is a must as well!

*Miniguns*

miniguns are the most popular weapon in the game so far. They provide constant firepower with the highest rate of fire in the game. They excell at mid range and even provide better accuracy when constant firing than machineguns. They however need to spin up their barrels before they are able to shoot. Sadly there is only 2 types of miniguns in the game now - one being the ''MG13 Equalizer'' (epic) and the famous ''Reaper'' (legendary). These weapons are best suited to those who like to constantly shoot at anything that moves... or doesn't move at all. They are also great for suppressing with their amazing and constant rate of fire.

miniguns_cons.thumb.jpg.26668fc690335100

It's hard to compare to other weapons as there is only 2 miniguns so far and they have some major differences between each other. For example the Reaper requires ammunition and consumes 6 energy points, where on the other hand Equalizer only uses 3 energy points and doesn't require ammo, so keep that in mind. Both weapons provide the highest firing rate possible and the overheat threshold is quite amazing too. I would still recommend to use additional Radiators and Coolers for the maximum effect. For the Reaper I would use 1 Radiator and 2 Coolers and for Equalizer I would use 2 radiators and one cooler. The reason for that is because Equalizers' perk requires you to shoot constantly to trigger the damage buff which is significant, so try to shoot with it even if the target is hidden for a second, so you don't lose the damage buff. As for reaper, you dont really need to increase the overheat threshold. Its' perk simply applies to every 10th bullet, so the only thing really necessary would be the Cooler. I have to say these are my favorite weapons as well. If you like to shoot alot or simply love miniguns and rotary cannons, use these two fellas!

*Autocannons*

Autocannons are mostly used when shooting from a longer range. They provide great firing range and accuracy as well. They don't weight that much compared to Cannons, so you can even make fast moving sniper builds. You can also rotate them pretty quickly and they are able to rotate in a 360 angle, so you can shoot anything. There are once again only 2 of these weapons at the moment. The ''AC-43 Rapier'' (rare) and the ''AC-72 Whirlwind'' (epic).

autocannons_cons.thumb.jpg.639bafd305d52

In the right hands autocannons are the ultimate sniper weapon. They excel at long range support fire, especially the Whirlwind which has increased damage over longer distance. If you like to snipe from the back, staying kinda safe behind your team mates, this is a perfect weapon for you. The weapon seems very powerful, but I suggest you to not unnecessarily engage in close range combat. Other faster weapons with sustained firepower will have the upper hand, and most likely shoot off your autocannon even if it has pretty decent structure. To increase the precission in long distance, be sure to mount a scope on your vehicle to zoom on those enemies across the map. To improve the slightly slower reload speeds use a weapon cooler, it helps alot, especially if you get into an unwanted close range fight.

*Guided Missiles*

Guided missiles are exactly what they are. Such weapons usually fire their guided missiles upwards, so that they don't collide with close objects or terrain. They simply lock on a targeted enemy and fly right in their face, dealing significant explosive damage. We can use up 3 different guided missile launcher at the moment. First one is the ''Pyre Launcher'' (epic), ''Clarinet TOW'' (epic) and the ''Hurricane'' (legendary).

guided_missiles_cons.thumb.jpg.657d3cfcc

Pyre and Hurricane work in a different way compared to Clarinet TOW. Clarinet is a weapon that fires a Homing missile which needs to be manually controlled by the player. It deals huge damage and it can be controlled for around 15 seconds. Once again all three weapons are best used from a long range. They need alot of space to be able to hit the target, if the target is too close the missile will just fly over it. I would not recommend building a vehicle equipped only with such weapons, as you have no defense in close range combat. The only way to improve the close range combat would be to mount the weapons really low so that they do not fly too high and are still able to turn on the enemies. To improve the lock-on system you must have a decent radar. The enemies need to be spotted and marked (must appear as red dots on the map) to be able to lock the missiles on them. Radars will increase the range at which the weapon is able to lock the target, if the target is not locked, the missiles will just fly forward. Don't forget to bring some ammo boxes as well, the ammo amount is not all that great without them.

*Unguided Missiles*

Unguided missiles deal even more damage than Guided missiles, but as their name points out - they are not guided. There are currently only 2 weapons in the game at the moment. One being the ''AT Wasp'' (rare) and the second one is the famous ''Cricket 1M'' (epic). They both have a limited firing arc, just like Cannons. In order to aim with them you need to rotate your whole vehicle.

unguided_missiles_cons.thumb.jpg.e5c250f

Unguided missiles deal massive explosive damage. They can perform slightly better than Guided Missiles even in mid range. Their reload speed is somewhat decent and with the Powerful engine Mk2 it gets even better. Cricket specifically has a great perk which increases the damage of all missiles depending on the distance they travel. The further the more damage. In some open maps you can shoot across the whole map and each missile will deal very high damage. Be careful tho they tend to disperse quite a bit when firing over long distance. I'd say they work best at mid range. I also highly recommend to bring ammo boxes again to increase the limited amount of ammunition. This weapon is great for PvP in some occasions but it's even better in raids especially Siege. In the siege raids you can destroy the Pumpjacks in 2 volleys easily and from distance that you are protected from their armaments.

*Melee Weapons*

Finally the melee weapons. Almost every car has them. They are considered the weapons of ''last hope''. In battles it is pretty common that your primary weapons such as machineguns, cannons etc. get shot off. What do you do then? That's exactly the reason you should always drive with at least one or two of these. There are currently 4 melee weapons in the game. The ''Buzzsaw'' (rare), ''Auger'' (rare), ''Druzhba 2'' (epic) and the ''Harvester'' (legendary). Don't get me wrong, I'm only talking about active melee weapons. There are Blades, Bumpers and other structure parts that are able to deal melee damage upon contact with the enemy.

melee_weapons_cons.thumb.jpg.4d04cd98cf9

Melee weapons are great at dealing damage up close and personal but be carefull tho, they have reduced damage against Plows and Bumpers. If you see vehicle armored with such parts, try to find a ''weaker'' spot on the vehicle where you can start shredding some metal! Also count in with the fact that melee weapons often get destroyed if you ''dig'' too deep and destroy enemy ammo box or generator. The explosion from such components will damage or even destroy your melee weapons. You can however protect your melee weapons by using your own plow and placing the melee weapons under it. Plow will absorb the explosion from such components if placed correctly and your weapon will survive. Remember, that they do not need to be sticking out like a Lancelot, you just need it to be the placed in a way that it goes to a contact with the enemy. If you are planning to build a pure melee build be sure to equip your car with a Chameleon. This will greatly help you to advance on an enemy without being shot back before you get to him. Don't forget to also mount a decent engine to get some speed, which is fatal when running melee builds.

 

Well thats all for this guide, I hope that you have learned something new and if not I hope that it was at least entertaining to read. If you have any questions don't hesitate and write a comment below, I will be happy to help! ;)

It's time to update this guide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.