vryce

Why does your Leviathan never win?

If it has a ton of weapons, which it should what with probably 65-66 energy -  the answer is almost certainly because you forgot to install a powerful radar! That is the MOST IMPORTANT PART of any leviathan.

You are not driving the thing and the AI that is controlling it knows nothing except what the radar you install allows it to see. Just trying to help, not that I want invasions any harder mind you but I feel bad for the countless player's leviathans me and my friends kill who do not fire at us until we are nearby. Without a powerful radar-detector or an improved radar your leviathan is going to lose nearly every time. So just stick on a good radar, have a lot of long range weapons and some short range ones as well if you're smart and it will do much better.

The second most important thing in my opinion is installing around 2 improved coolers and around 2 charged radiators. My leviathan is just a stupid looking beast covered with a variety of weapons and to be honest hardly any armor(1737 structure), no great design and probably not even a good build but it's win rate must be a solid 10 wins to 1 loss on average.

BTW it would be cool if we could face our own leviathans sometimes. I have yet to see my green monster in action and am wondering if it is coded so we never do.

Sorry for posting this as it will probably make invasions a bit harder but I just felt compelled to help after winning so many invasions in a row this week.

-Vryce

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

My 8.6k PS levi gets one battle each 24 hours (one win ofc). They tweaked something around in the background because i din't read anything regarding leviathan MM. The last time i had 15 battles in 24 hours was about two months ago. Im not really fond of the idea to buy/craft up parts primarily to outfit my levi. I already haw a hard time dealing with the limited storage cap

Mine even got a car jack. A radio in conjunction with the bots that spawn help the levi navigate the map to. Sidekick drones extend your radar range as bots with radio.

Edited by N1Ml0cK
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Just make a horizontal line of white cannons, rip tower.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My Levi  has won the last 20 Battles.  But every Time it has only 1 Battle per 24H. Yeah, it is ofcourse a great thing to log in every Day for that 15 Copper. When 24 H are over,  i stop all other Games imediately for my 15 Copper from my 1 Levi Battle every day. I fel´t so much honored for bulding it every new day . :D  

• Sad 1

My Levi also gets just 1-2 battles per day. Making a lower PS Levi will get you more battles as the higher PS ones are the later ones in the battle if the players destroy the easier ones first - but if you do so chances of winning goes down so it is a trade off.

Not sure why anyone builds it new every day, lack of blueprint space I guess? I am up to 11 blueprint storage spots which for me is still not enough as I have so many of my builds I enjoy playing every day and keep around for season missions.

-V

9 hours ago, vryce said:

Making a lower PS Levi will get you more battles as the higher PS ones are the later ones in the battle if the players destroy the easier ones first

How low is low, exactly?  I am mostly using white and blue parts and it still end up being 16k PS.

Granted that 15 copper is not exactly worth the effort.  But just out of curiosity how low is the first Levi usually?

Edited by HeavyMachinary

1 hour ago, HeavyMachinary said:

But just out of curiosity how low is the first Levi usually?

50% of players combined PS. So it depends on which teams it face.

Mine at 18k  it does 1 battle/24h.

22 hours ago, vryce said:

BTW it would be cool if we could face our own leviathans sometimes. I have yet to see my green monster in action and am wondering if it is coded so we never do.

it will be infinitely better if we could drive our own levis into battle(i made a levi dedicated to nothing but cannon broadside, any brother made a levi with wasp spam broadside) the problem arises is that the ai have no idea on how to broadside

I heard they were thinking  about leviathan battles, it would be a normal game, but with laviathans

5 minutes ago, MomIsAgamerGirl said:

I heard they were thinking  about leviathan battles, it would be a normal game, but with laviathans

prob not good for balance in pvp, but at least allow in pve battles outside of testing range 

(when that happens, the first thing i do is the broadside the chase ************* ************ ************** trucks:fighter:)

Edited by howardxu23

prob not good for balance in pvp, but at least allow in pve battles outside of testing range 

(when that happens, the first thing i do is the broadside the chase ************* ************ ************** trucks:fighter:)

it is what I heard, but we will see

52 minutes ago, howardxu23 said:

we will see what happens

On 27.09.2017 at 2:52 PM, MomIsAgamerGirl said:

Also known as "22 sidekicks carriers battle"... :015_2:

Well, my Leviathan has two autocannons, two miniguns, a turret cannon, a radio, three coolers, five fixed guns, a wheeled drone, an aerial drone, an invisibility module, a chainsaw, and a rocket launcher, as well as high-end radar, and it still literally never wins, OP, so you obviously got something wrong.

Edited by ComradeSch

6 hours ago, ComradeSch said:

Well, my Leviathan has two autocannons, two miniguns, a turret cannon, a radio, three coolers, five fixed guns, a wheeled drone, an aerial drone, an invisibility module, a chainsaw, and a rocket launcher, as well as high-end radar, and it still literally never wins, OP, so you obviously got something wrong.

That thread is 2  years old so ofc things changed.

On 8/11/2019 at 3:50 AM, ComradeSch said:

On 8/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, Clebardman said:

That thread is 2  years old so ofc things changed.

Well some updates...

Here is a thread more recent

@ComradeSch Ur mix don't sound good...  add every aspect in this game u must built  the most efficient machine at the lowest PS possible...

In my experience, don't use any coolers or radiators or at lease test and see if the IA use it properly...

A levi around 7k will have some battles and for start is good...

Now currently I'm using a boom levi, is not as effective as before the last patch, but I'll rework it later :DD

Leviathan battles are broken because pretty much any design you can come up with will get rekt by a team of players throwing incinerators at it. They get pinned in place and then roasted alive. And even if they added a massive fire puddle resistance to leviathans, people would just go back to wedging them and pinning them in place so they cant shoot back like they did before.

3 hours ago, Crunk_Prime said:

Leviathan battles are broken because pretty much any design you can come up with will get rekt by a team of players throwing incinerators at it. They get pinned in place and then roasted alive. And even if they added a massive fire puddle resistance to leviathans, people would just go back to wedging them and pinning them in place so they cant shoot back like they did before.

That is the reason because after agoust my levi buids doesn't win anymore, before at least one per day was able to win but now... i did delete my levi. no more battle

My leviathan wins by timeout I'm pretty sure because it has many tracks and not much armament... unless those 2 mammoths, 2 reapers, 2 fatmans, 2 grenadiers and a single Whirlwind on an Echo cabin are really getting under people's skins.

I get 2~4 wins on an average (but I notice that a single loss means the Levi instantly stops battling even if the timer is still counting and he is out of the garage).

Edited by lucashc90

17 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

My leviathan wins by timeout I'm pretty sure because it has many tracks and not much armament... unless those 2 mammoths, 2 reapers, 2 fatmans, 2 grenadiers and a single Whirlwind on an Echo cabin are really getting under people's skins.

I get 2~4 wins on an average (but I notice that a single loss means the Levi instantly stops battling even if the timer is still counting and he is out of the garage).

than probly mine ones was too light...

On 9/27/2019 at 3:50 PM, lucashc90 said:

Oh it can win by killing too. The firepower might not seem much but anything that's tanky enough, like your layered tracks, can survive long enough to kill all players.

3 hours ago, PurdooSix said:

Oh it can win by killing too. The firepower might not seem much but anything that's tanky enough, like your layered tracks, can survive long enough to kill all players.

I also notice its win rate double after I changed the Humpback for the Echo, so you might be right. It really is killing those poor poor players :006j: