BjKalderon

Poll: Survivors, vote for your most\least favourite maps here! (PvP Only)

Poll: Survivors, vote for your most\least favourite maps here! (PvP Only)  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most favourite map (PvP ONLY)?

• Broken arrow
    • Bridge
    • Fortress
    • Old Town
    • Factory
    • Control-17' station
    • Powerplant
    • Ship graveyard
    • Rock City
    • Founders Canyon
    • Desert valley
  2. 2. What is your least favourite map (PvP ONLY)?

• Broken arrow
    • Bridge
    • Fortress
    • Old Town
    • Factory
    • Control-17' station
    • Powerplant
    • Ship graveyard
    • Rock City
    • Founders Canyon
    • Desert valley

Survivors! Vote for your your most\least favourite maps here!

This poll is for PvP maps only. We would appreciate if you could write the reasons for your vote in the comment section!

Here are the map pictures:

1. Broken arrow

Spoiler

arizona_silo.jpg

2. Bridge

Spoiler

bridge.jpg

3. Fortress

Spoiler

castle.jpg

4. Old Town

Spoiler

cityruin.jpg

5. Factory

Spoiler

factory.jpg

6. Control-17' station

Spoiler

iron_way_center.jpg

7. Powerplant

Spoiler

powerplant.jpg

8. Ship graveyard

Spoiler

riverport.jpg

9. Rock City

Spoiler

rockcity.jpg

10. Founders Canyon

Spoiler

rockcity_2bases.jpg

11. Desert valley

Spoiler

sand_valley.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I can't like the new map (yet), but maybe I'm not used to it, I'm not sure. 

Rock City is nice as it gives you the option to flank, as does Old Town and Fortress, Broken Arrow doesn't really offer this.

• Upvote 1

most favourite (PvP): Bridge

• simple
  • elegant
  • works for pretty much every build
  • and for every random team.

least favourite (PvP): Desert Valley

• driving on sand is interesting but just annoying
  • getting team coordination with random people is a pain
  • if everyone drives north (road), all good
  • if the team splits up, i leave the match instantly or as soon as things go bad

least favourite (PvE / raids): Rock City and Factory

• Way to many wipes on Cargo and Defense, since the points are often too far away.
Edited by Steelwolve
  • Upvote 1

So since the back story is a virus and the earth would be a garden after human depopulation why is everything desert? 

I want some downtown urban ruins, or snow, an actual jungle with rivers cutting through... 

The only non desert maps look like some ww2 game had levels stolen from it.

So more visual variety when it comes to colors. The game needs like 4x more maps because it is getting stale.

• Upvote 1

Favourite: Founders Canyon. It is now a well designed and attractive map that has some great battles.  It rarely ends with one team capping as players are too busy fighting.

Least Favourite:  Desert Valley.  This choice was easy.  It is a chore to play on and the only map I hear players complain about and deliberately avoid. Driving on the sand is a horrible experience, I want to fight the enemy, not the terrain!  The design of the map itself is good, just lose the quicksand.  

Factory, simply because of the grey effect and that the must darken map for pvp. still like that devastated feeling :)

that acid lake is the only danger in a map, so that's why it's the best because you can be scared by the map itself.

Most favorite:

Factory.

- Very nice design with many routes

- Good for almost all builds except some homing missiles

- Balanced for both sides

Least Favorites:

Fortress:

worst map ever, 70% of the fild is unused, all go to the center, chaos fight, end of the match, spawn points could be on both sides of the hill, gameplay would be same.

Desert Valley:

Terrible driving with many obstacles killed that map, its better to stay near the base and shot

• Upvote 1

Fave maps: visually, ship graveyard. Play style, founders canyon and powerplant. And dersert vally when bringing my tank out(tracks have full grip on sand)

least fav: generally encounters, but rock city if I have to choose one. The unequal jumping didsfance between each side is just outright gamebreaking.

Edited by howardxu23

We need 3 times the amount of maps we have now at least, good, bad, or ugly, I do not care as much as many more maps. I love factory and bridge and like everyone I think desert valley should be removed or fixed as it is rarely a fun time. Good poll, well done.

• Upvote 1

Fav map : Bridge

small map that has places to rush, and places to snipe. also choice of terrian, between paved bridge or water logged underbridge path

Worst map :  tied between rock city and desert valley. both maps are just never as amusing as the rest

• Like 1

Broken Arrow?  The shape of the map is suggestive of many things but a broken arrow is way down the list..

Bridge is definitely my favourite, it encourages several play styles and it almost never has a bad game.

Dessert Valley is bad, but I find Factory more tedious to play.  Dessert Valley is let down by the orientation of the spawn entries which combined with the soft sand areas push the key plays into a narrow strip of the map.

Current summary, for those curious!

+5    Bridge
+4    Founders Canyon
+3    Factory
+2    Control-17' station
+1    Broken arrow
+1    Powerplant
+0    Fortress
-2    Ship graveyard
-2    Rock City
-3    Old Town
-9    Desert valley

I could give tons of feedback for ALL the maps, but I'll just mention the ones I think are most important. :)

Factory: My favorite! Wide open, diverse, and exciting... No matter which path around the acid lake you drive, you're in for a good time. And each base feels very different.

Bridge: My least favorite! Each side feels identical, and the map is so small (or choked) that there's little room for creativity or flanking the enemy. Every moment reminds me that I'm stuck in a game. Each time this map starts, I go to do the only thing that seems to work: defend underneath the bridge, killing the bots and drones dumb enough to cross into my team's side. I see more Draws on this map than any other.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:31 AM, Pickle_CO said:

Bridge is definitely my favourite...

Dessert Valley is bad, but I find Factory more tedious to play.

I must be the opposite of Pickle_CO, lol.

Broken Arrow: Please rotate the geography by 180 degrees, so the map looks less like a weird face every time I see it. Pleeeease... Aside from the way it looks on the map, this level is very nice.

Fortress: This map is the most classic version of "King of the Hill" imaginable, since both sides are actually fighting over castle ruins on a hill. Yes, the outer areas often go unused, but it makes the level feel natural and uncrowded. This map is almost the opposite of Old Town, in a good way.

Old Town: While not a bad map (urban combat is fine), the paths from each spawn to the objective are very twisted, so there's no hint of a "main road" to follow (or purposefully avoid). This makes the starts very awkward, and the small map size makes it feel crowded until half the players have died.

Founders Canyon: The new layout is a great map! I think I enjoyed the larger / wider layout a little bit more, though. I understand not being able to include both versions, but I will always miss the version I first learned.

Desert Valley: I'm not surprised it's on the bottom. If you lose even one wheel, you might be unable to drive up the slope to the enemy cap point... or defend your own base. And if you're on the wrong side when the enemy starts to cap? You have little to no chance of driving across in time to help. But on the bright side, it makes every other map seem much easier to drive on, therefore I think it should stay unchanged so everyone has something to complain about.

21 hours ago, ComradeTiki said:

Broken Arrow: Please rotate the geography by 180 degrees, so the map looks less like a weird face every time I see it. Pleeeease... Aside from the way it looks on the map, this level is very nice.

Fallopian tubes.. having planted that image in your mind it should cause the "weird face" problem to go away :D

On 14/10/2017 at 10:20 AM, Pickle_CO said:

Fallopian tubes.. having planted that image in your mind it should cause the "weird face" problem to go away :D

Nope did not work. Cause I see space shuttle and started to form conspiracy about the face in the map and the space shuttle :004:

Favorite map: Broken Arrow

Granted, it's little more than a reworked Rock City, but it just... feels a lot more fun than Rock City.

Least favorite map: Old Town

It was a pain in the gluteus maximus to navigate in the closed beta, and it's still a pain in the gluteus maximus to navigate now. It really needs to be redesigned from the ground up.

• Upvote 1

Well, as of the time of this post, here are my most and least favorite PvP maps of the bunch:

----------

Most favorite: Rock City

What I tend to like about maps where both teams capture a neutral base, as opposed to capturing the opposing team's base on the other side of the map, is that both teams of players are pressured into trying to rush into the neutral base and fight for control over it. Sure, whichever team that manages to get a foothold into the base gets to set up an ambush for the opposing team, but chances are that whichever team rushed into the base 1st is going to be at a disadvantage in armor and/or firepower. Plus the base is often lacking in cover.

As for why I chose Rock City in particular, well 1st of all, it's got plenty of open areas that won't make you feel claustrophobic (like in Old Town or Power Plant), but also contains plenty of cover to hide behind. 2nd is the fact that, unlike other maps with a single base, both teams start close to eachother, meaning that players must be wary of a sneak attack from their flank while they're en-route to the neutral base.

Honorable mentions: Control-17 Station and Fortress, for likewise providing a nice balance between openness and cover, without feeling too choked in the middle (unlike Bridge, Founders Canyon, or Broken Arrow), or too big (unlike Factory, Ship Graveyard, or Desert Valley).

----------

Least favorite: Desert Valley

Aside from being a tad too big for my liking (similar to the old version of Founders Canyon, along with, to a lesser extent, Factory and Ship Graveyard), and although I do find the idea of sand having an impact on the vehicle's performance, I do believe that the map has too much sand in it to make it enjoyable. Perhaps if the map was narrower (like, say, as narrow as Power Plant), and if the sand were to cover a smaller proportion of the map (like, say, a cross-shaped patch, with the center being covered as much proportionally as the acid lake covers Factory), then maybe I'd like it more? As for what I like about the map, although some other than me would say that the map is too open, with little cover anywhere besides the edges, I'd disagree, in that the dunes provide plenty of cover (at least from anything other than vertically-launched homing missiles).

Dishonorable mentions: Old Town and Power Plant, simply for how claustrophobic those maps feel with all of the narrow passages. (Sure, Factory and Control-17 Station have plenty of ruins, but at least those aren't positioned so close to eachother.)

Edited by ShadowWolfTJC

Favorite Map: Broken Arrow

In terms of level design I think this is the best Crossout has had to offer so far. Nice difference between the spawn points but no major advantages or disadvantages between the sides. It's a well designed map!

Least Favorite Map: Ship Graveyeard

Suffers from the same problem as the old version of Founders Canyon: People who manages to rush the enemy cap first tends to win. It's not a battle, it's a Race! The map is simply too big for 8v8 capture the point. These larger maps would work well in calming down more hectic game modes such as Free For All or Team Deathmatch.

Interestingly enough Factory doesn't seem to suffer from same issues to same extent despite the map being humongous. Maybe it's because of the variety between the hill and factory itself. It's possible designing larger levels the way Factory is done could be the answer to "rush to cap" problems: Make the two routes different enough so the map doesn't feel like two halves of a circle.

In general I like maps with single cap point more than with two. Because then it serves as way to break stalemate, rather than main objective (driving&shooting is more fun than just driving).

And not for the first time I find out I disagree with majority. I like Old Town for it's narrow streets and passages, allowing me to flank and ambush very dynamically, due to short distances. Same goes factory part of Factory and whole Powerplant, as well as Control-17, to a lesser extend.

Least favourite to play? I think Rock City. Because it's not suitable for pub players, which are more often than not idiots.

BTW. Poll would work much better if instead of choosing best and worst you have to put all of them in order from most to least favourite, like what ComradeTiki did. Not sure if this forum supports such system.

i HATE the powerplant map i like fast builds and that place is THE last place you want to be on if you are a speed demon the confined spaces the obstacles everything about this map rubs me the wrong way

I think that topic need to be revised. With 5min matches some maps got better (rock city is no longer won by capping that often), and some got much much worse (bridge is boring camp-fest).

And it need to be done with pool where you shuffle maps from most to least favourite. Picking just best and worst doesn't show anything properly.

• Like 1