SpeedLocked

US server again, No AU server?

Hello to everyone in this topic! First of all, I, on behalf of all the development team, would like to thank you for staying patient. We're currently looking for possible solutions of the issue with AU servers. As soon as any information appears, we'll post it here immediately.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Hello to everyone in this topic! First of all, I, on behalf of all the development team, would like to thank you for staying patient. We're currently looking for possible solutions of the issue with AU servers. As soon as any information appears, we'll post it here immediately.

Thanks for the reply. We await your news. Please keep us posted. 200ms is horrid. =(

• Upvote 1

I spent some 45 minutes on the phone with Softlayer yesterday afternoon.

This is the company that was leasing the server to (I assume) Gaijin.

I spoke to an Australian woman called Kat, who was very helpful and seemed genuinely interested in helping me find out what happened to the server.

It was above her technical knowledge so she kept transferring me to people who "should know".

Well they didn't.

Tech support with those fake American accents that asians/pakastanis/indians try to pull off.

It was a total waste of my life and I wanted to kill both them and myself afterwards.

1) Do you currently lease a server with IP 168.1.22.69?

That's part of our IP range yes.

2) Is the server online?

Don't know.

3) Who do you lease it to & is the lease current?

Don't know.

4) This is tech support right?

Yes.

5) You don't know if a server you lease is online or not?

No.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

What's the issue with the AU server?  (Other than not being online)

First you need to know what the issue is before you can find solutions right?

15 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Get that server up mate, this games too good to be playing it above 250 ms.

This shlt has been going on for what, 5 or 6 weeks?

I'm really not sure if I'm interested in your game anymore.

It's been 2 or 3 days since "we're looking for solutions" which is essentially corporate speak for "we'll just drop a bunch of keywords into a vaguely coherent statement and hope that shuts them up".

Between the lack of a decent server , and these ridiculously OP builds of hover , drones , or both . I think its time to find something else to play . Sure they got some of my money . They could have had a lot more of it too , it is a good concept for a game.

Between poor execution of patches to deal with rampant exploits , and the "disappearance" of the AU server . Not to mention the constant redirecting to a server with a disgustingly high ping when we could be sent to the Japan server, or just dropped from the game altogether. They either placate us with a BS post , or simply deny that there is an issue .  When  are we going to see an actual reply to this thread that can amount to something, like some actual facts ?

I`m wondering how many people from AU/NZ are still playing this game , and if you treat all of your customers this poorly ? Anyway off to play better games (none made by your company)

Edited by Clownie132966

And thus it begins.

Don't panic about your STEAM account being 'locked'.  It means very little.

It's a 30 day 'lock', IE who cares...

STEAM are threatening with (in all caps mind you) "YOU WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE CONTENT UNTIL THE DISPUTE IS RESOLVED."

Problem is, it's a threat that means nothing.  I don't have access to it anyway.

Image09.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image11.jpg

Edited by Lustywench

I've reached out to as many users as i can, those players on JP (AU) servers when that server is available, those i have managed to contact have this high ping 'US server Again' issue, even those nearer/in japan, many i recognize who get put on US server while JP is not available self-destruct, some have gone the firewall route, many hardly play PvP or brawls, Most do no not think this issue will be addressed and won't post or would prefer to keep their anonymity so are absent from this post/this forum, reading the reviews on STEAM yields similar results

personally this has become a job with the only reward being the friends i've made along the way, disgruntled, annoyed & very frustrated friends. Others friends in the US will not join me in a group because of this "ping", hampering my ability, stopping me getting to the scrap/wire cap, complete seasons, Brawls/cannon use, PvP kills etc is not possible. 

with what the dev said, i'll pin this to the top for a bit to help have navagation easy, and new info coming in too.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gaaraplayer said:

new info coming in too

Would be nice to hear, even if all it amounts to be is an increase in JP servers. The 100ms reduction in ping really helps with steering and aiming projectiles.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Lemomo said:

Would be nice to hear, even if all it amounts to be is an increase in JP servers. The 100ms reduction in ping really helps with steering and aiming projectiles.

Yeah. The jp servers are better, though id still like to see the 24ms ones back again. 

• Upvote 1

Don't settle for Japanese servers.  They advertised AU servers & even had a launch event for AU servers. 

Then without so much as a peep took those servers down.  I believe that's called the ol' bait and switch.

Some of us were sucked in by that, and spent cash because of it.

STEAM put that 'fraud' word in my head, and the more I think about it the more I think they are correct.

I'm starting to think fraud has happened.

• Upvote 2

Seeing as how there is no guarantee that you can play on any specific servers its not fraud.  The fraud would be if you bought stuff but could not play at all and even that is limited with time.  If you bought now and a year from now the game is gone, well there is nothing you can do.

Doing a charge back is not the greatest idea, its only going to hurt you in the long run.

145ms ping (average) to JP this week, when available,  Compared to 176ms since AU became JP, noticable, 

anyone else noticed better JP pings?

10 hours ago, Gwarsbane said:

Seeing as how there is no guarantee that you can play on any specific servers its not fraud.  The fraud would be if you bought stuff but could not play at all and even that is limited with time.  If you bought now and a year from now the game is gone, well there is nothing you can do.

Doing a charge back is not the greatest idea, its only going to hurt you in the long run.

I disagree. I think lusty is in the right here. 

If they advertised au servers and then monetized only to remove the au servers. I think customers have a right to get their money back. Since if they knew au servers would not be available they would have never had spent the money in the first place. 

It doesnt hurt lusty at all, he is just exercising what he thinks is fair as a customer. 

I dont think the devs are being sinister here, i do believe the AU servers will be back they are just looking for a cheap host. Maybe i am wrong . 

Edited by RockPigeon

On 11/6/2017 at 1:54 PM, Lustywench said:

I spent some 45 minutes on the phone with Softlayer yesterday afternoon.

This is the company that was leasing the server to (I assume) Gaijin.

I spoke to an Australian woman called Kat, who was very helpful and seemed genuinely interested in helping me find out what happened to the server.

It was above her technical knowledge so she kept transferring me to people who "should know".

Well they didn't.

Tech support with those fake American accents that asians/pakastanis/indians try to pull off.

It was a total waste of my life and I wanted to kill both them and myself afterwards.

1) Do you currently lease a server with IP 168.1.22.69?

That's part of our IP range yes.

2) Is the server online?

Don't know.

3) Who do you lease it to & is the lease current?

Don't know.

4) This is tech support right?

Yes.

5) You don't know if a server you lease is online or not?

No.

I used to work for Softlayer, it's pretty much SOP for any company in the hosting industry to not disclose client information. We can say if we have an IP since that is public knowledge but to otherwise what someone does with a server is up to them.

Keep in mind it might be their servers that is being used but Gaijin might not be the client. Gaijin might be leasing it from someone who leases it from someone who leases it from Softlayer.

And it's now been what? 7 weeks and the game is unplayable, time to visit Paypal.

On 11/13/2017 at 5:11 AM, Gwarsbane said:

Again, it's not a chargeback.  It's a refund.  I don't have access to the purchases in a manner that was advertised, or at all for that matter.

Hurt me how exactly?  I don't need a home loan, I don't need a car loan, in fact I don't need any finance, and probably never will again. 

I don't give a shlt about $140, but if I want to set fire to $140 I can think of much more interesting ways to do it.

If I wanted to get bent over and rogered from behind $140 would just about cover it, and it would be by a professional not some half arsed IT nerd.

PayPal makes the decision on whether or not a claim is justified.  PayPal might say no, but PayPal tends to have the buyers back in the vast majority of cases.

I have a long and well documented history with PayPal & eBay, hundred of purchases over a decade.  The vast majority of which have gone off without a hitch.

I'm what you'd call a reliable buyer.

I've said it repeatedly but here's one more just for you.

I don't really want my money back, I want an AU server, like was advertised.  However if there's no AU server, like was advertised, then I want my money back.

Got the reminder emails from PayPal today.

Edited by Lustywench
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Well its been a week since we had that vaguer than vague response from the devs . Truly a P I S S poor attempt to quash this thread , with a slight hope that they actually give flying F*** about the AU players. Clearly not . I will continue to play the game , as my friends are still playing . I will say that and word of mouth about Gaijin coming from me , will always be negative . They have made no attempt to rectify the situation or give us any information .

Also Lusty i dont think u will get rogered from behind for $140 , but you could get a few bottle of something good and enjoy a couple of nights. Hope the PayPal order wins . Gaijin don't deserve money for nothing .

Edited by Clownie132966

I don't personally care if the AU server never comes back. Well I do, but I don't expect it to. I think it was bad idea in the first place IMO - not many games host servers here because it just isn't financially viable, even for subscription-based MMO games.

The servers were dead anyway, I used to switch back to US half the time. It's hard enough getting a match on the JP servers even!

I am not going to claim I was "burned" by buying stuff expecting AU servers, because I got into this game when the best servers we had was US and I learned to play with latency compensation and still enjoy it. I was however very surprised when they announced AU servers. There's probably like a couple dozen of us lol. It's just not a financially viable business to host game servers in Australia - I think it's a bit foolish that any Australian player believed this to be a permanent and reliable thing, but much more foolish for Gaijin to approve such a thing for a freemium game that doesn't seem to be storming the charts. Not saying that Crossout doesn't deserve it, I have no idea why this game isn't more popular yet (it's a great niche) - but just explaining my reasoning on why I don't expect Australian servers to be sustainable.

With that said....

...please at least give us one reliable SEA server. Even get rid of AU and make it Singapore or something so more of Asia can take advantage of the location. I can play on Japan fine, really. 110ms ping isn't so bad. But being constantly put into US servers with 220ms+ latency after only a few seconds of matchmaking is incredibly annoying.

But at least be honest about it. Just remove the Australian server entry if it's turned out to not be viable. I'm sure most Aussie players would get over it, because we know it is a beta game and we're all guinea pigs, and we've mostly grown quite used to not trusting in the viability of Aussie game servers. But honestly, most of us would be fine if you replace Australia with SA/SEA. I know War Thunder has an SA server so surely you guys can have some kind of volume licensing for servers going on there.

Edited by CosmicDan
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1