Sign in to follow this  
howardxu23

Team death match in crossout(with respawns)

Would you want to see team deathmatch added?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Whatever

Okay, so I came from games where respawns are a comman commodity(not saying crossout is bad cause general lack of respawns) and I have an idea which makes it so that the only thing that is probably unrealistic is the respawns. the current game modes are technically elemations, as once you die, that's it. The idea allows respawns in here, as in real tdm(but still keeping it as close to the original idea of crossout, of no healing)

tdm definition(pulled from wiki):

Deathmatch,  is a widely used gameplay mode integrated into many shooter video games. Normally, the goal of a deathmatch game is to kill  as many other players as possible on the enemy team until a certain condition or limit is reached, commonly being a frag limit or a time limit. Generally, it means that respwans are often seen in these game modes.

here is the idea:

map design:

we take the assault maps, then on the cap points put a base on it. The model can be reused from the test drive garage that has been shrunk down and tweaked to fit. Next, give the base about 50 000- 100 000 hp(trying to mandrake will take some time), and place some turrets on it as well. Turrets will act like the siege mode turrets where destroying one will deal a large chunk of dmg to the base. Next, add more turrets defending the perimeter of the base(no. Of turrets can vary depending on map) also can be destroyed and that's the map pretty much done.

Gameplay:

when the game starts, 4-6 peeps spawn around the base building, like how they spawn now with minor adjustments. The goal will be to get 20-40 kills within a 10-15min time frame, or obliterate the base, so yes respawns are included. when you get a kill, the counter goes up by one, like in other tdm game modes. When you commit suicide, you lose a lot of personal score , but if you blow up or dmg the enemy peeps doing it, the penalty is then made invalid. The respawn timer would be about 10-20s long(can be adjusted to see fit).

"But wait, how about cannon/rocket/reaper/missle/drone peeps?" I have thought of that, when you return to your base and go inside the "garage" you can REAPIR AND RELOAD AMMO/DRONES. The reasoning behind this is that repair kits exists and your vehicle is always 100% everything every time you start a battle in the current system, so why not expand on that? For healing, they can adopt a robocraft style repair of piece by piece, or just instant repair after sitting in there for a certain amount of time(whatever is easier). For protection against spawn camping, the team can go inside the base, and then be completely protected from outside fire(base takes damage instead) while they can still fire out. Mandrakes obviously are unable to fire inside the base, but can fire when outside of it.

Wheel based drones cannot be deployed inside base either, you have to be outside of the outer turret perimeter to do so, but you can deploy quadcopter and turrets within the perimeter, or make it so that all drones cannot be deployed within the perimeter, but you can bring them in after deployment. 

rewards and requirements:

you need to spend one repair kit to enter, but if you win you get 2-3 repair kits and 5 coins/resources(can be changed as see fit) and losses will just return you the resources that is used to make the kits, or as a ranked/clan war exclusive only, since battles are expected to last >10min instead of the usual 2-3min. MM can be slightly less strict, as lower lvl players can use the base turrets to boost their firepower against higher lvl players, who have to come over to their base to either obliterate the base or to get a kill on the more mavauable low lvl players while being fired on by turrets(the turret choice can range form little boys to armor boosted caucuses to full on mammoths).

what are your thoughts and opinions on this?

Edited by howardxu23

I had a similar idea about TDM mode, exactly:
Same team as in PVP (8vs8) or reduced to 6vs6 and without bots. On the other hand, the goal is to get as many killings as possible in a given time or to achieve the number of killings and the time limit for these killings would be the limit. Wins a team that reaches a certain number of killings before the time runs out, or the maximum number of killings. As for ammunition weapons, after using all the ammunition, it would automatically refill after 30 seconds or as you wrote, the player would have to go back to the base to refill the ammunition or one more idea, add on the map several points in which to refill the ammunition.

Of course, there is a rebirth option that will be available after 5 seconds of death, and you can regenerate an infinite number of times for free.
The prize for such a battle would have to be higher than the standard PVP match of up to 3 minutes, of course to be determined by the game's creators, as well as whether it was to be a mission available 24/7/365 or as a brawl available at certain hours and days ( or daily, but at specific times).
In contrast to this TDM mode, it would give a lot more fun (unless there are a million drones that destroy everything ...) than 3 minutes battle where there is only one life.

If I made a mistake in the expression or language somewhere, I'm sorry :)

• Upvote 1

FFA gets dominatedby stealth lances, this would be no different.

not really the suggestion tab, i'd say i agree that we should have a TDM, matches are too quick if you ask me, most of the time, few engage in massive battles and just race to the enemy base.

Sign in to follow this