Tomstachy

Weapon modification [Fusion alternative}

Tons of complain on P2W is on the way, prepare for the incoming attack : D

• Upvote 2

RNG system is always stupid, this would be a much better way. Saw a fused relic that had structure once, felt so bad for the owner.

Your idea is great but it requires full rework of fusion mechanics that will touch weapon balance and also it needs a lot of time to design proper math model.

With all respect, developers cannot balance weapons on their own of a long period of time and what you propose is going to make things upside down and reconsider pretty much EVERYTHING.

That's why i think, despite of being great, your idea will never see the light :003j:

p.s. That is why i always trying to make suggestions closer to actual weapon/module state without complete design concept rework - suggestions of that kind would have biggest odds to survive. Of course, there is always a place for exceptions, but, i assume this is not that case...

• Upvote 2

I totally support this idea, but... also makes me wonder; how would you obtain said enhancements? and if they're all craftable, how much would it cost to apply to relics/legendaries & how much would it improve the weapon itself, along with other characteristic downsides.

Love this idea. Hopefully it'll be implemented, however these "weapon mods" should be unequipable so you can mix and match mods to try different setups or sell the weapon if you no longer want it. Also the weapon mods shouldn't take up storage space either.  

• Upvote 1

This will make many versions of one weapon, make inventory messy and i feel this doesn't belong to this game.

Instead we need more ranks/levels/rarities.

Just my opinion, don't take it serious. 

i rather enjoy this rather than make my weapons untradeable ... is like + from me no mather of coins i want to update my weapons without to spend like 10 $ for an epic update.. 

On 10/6/2017 at 3:17 PM, Tomstachy said:

Hi!

Currently you can modify weapons only by fusing them. I think it would be a great idea to replace fusion with weapon modification simillar in Fallout series. 

Some mods could be used in diffirent weapons. Maybe there will be added some special modifications which change weapons completely but it also increase their energy drain.  Mods will be crafted in workshops or be aquired from crates. They will also increase weapon powerscore (unlike current fusion). After you modify only 1 piece of weapon it becomes untradeable.

There will be problem with current fused weapons. My idea is to add 3 random weapon mods for each fused weapon to compensate previous fusion.

Some art:

weapon_modify.thumb.png.9bc32beb0ddf36d1

This would be amazing and will add so much diversity (if there is around 5 choices per box)
It would mean that 2 players using the same load out would be completely different. They should work like augments though, so they can be detached and swapped/upgraded

Edited by SoulPlay

I'd rather like more items, instead of fusion system or this. Sorry.

Probably took inspiration from Ghost recon: Future soldier :D

On 6-10-2017 at 4:17 PM, Tomstachy said:

Hi!

Currently you can modify weapons only by fusing them. I think it would be a great idea to replace fusion with weapon modification simillar in Fallout series. 

Some mods could be used in diffirent weapons. Maybe there will be added some special modifications which change weapons completely but it also increase their energy drain.  Mods will be crafted in workshops or be aquired from crates. They will also increase weapon powerscore (unlike current fusion). After you modify only 1 piece of weapon it becomes untradeable.

There will be problem with current fused weapons. My idea is to add 3 random weapon mods for each fused weapon to compensate previous fusion.

Some art:

weapon_modify.thumb.png.9bc32beb0ddf36d1

looks nice, tho i suggest making it possible to like trade out the parts that are for the modification, for example, after you got a "water cooled barrel" (increase firing time) on your gun, it becomes untradable, but after you modify it back with a normal barrel, it becomes tradable again. besides that, i'd like to these modification parts to be tradable, and have their own rarity. also, make the same weapon type (or just all weapons in general) share the same modifications to reduce the sheer ammount of parts then needed, for example: all shotguns have 3 barrels: normal barrel, water cooled barrel, and extended barrel (more accuracy and range), and they can all be used on all shotguns, wether its the hammerfall, or the lupara. but then also have like a rare water cooled barrel, and an epic water cooled barrel to give you an opportunity to improve even more :D

Fusion is just annoying to me- the perks are small, completely random, and cannot be traded. How about something like:

Let's say you manage to make 3 x Vector Dangerous in the usual manner. Why not allow a fusion of those 3 that gives additional damage % (not sure what the appropriate number should be exactly)?

Since the time they just fixed a major bug as Frames and Drone wars, u can wait 3 years at least.

But i agree. The actual fusion mode is obsolete and random as containers. And except for things u'll keep for ever, NEVER DO IT.

Edited by gromulator

Better than fusion for sure. Anything is better. But I'd rather have more connections between different parts than some minimal differences between them.

KISS. Don't duplicate the same function.

Cooling barrel do the same as cooler/radiator module.
Armouring turret could be done as 1% structure bonus for every 100 cab structure.
Faster turret traverse speed can be achieved by making more agile car and just turning.
Recoil-compensating system is all about placing gun low in your craft.
Gyro-balance (higher accuracy at high speed) can be achieved by adding a lot of wheels with softer suspension.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:44 AM, CalenLoki said:

Better than fusion for sure. Anything is better. But I'd rather have more connections between different parts than some minimal differences between them.

KISS. Don't duplicate the same function.

Cooling barrel do the same as cooler/radiator module.
Armouring turret could be done as 1% structure bonus for every 100 cab structure.
Faster turret traverse speed can be achieved by making more agile car and just turning.
Recoil-compensating system is all about placing gun low in your craft.
Gyro-balance (higher accuracy at high speed) can be achieved by adding a lot of wheels with softer suspension.

Good points! Gaijin seems to like adding up small increments giving a small (yet unknowable to other players) advantage to experienced players-
full co-driver perks + fusion weapons could conceivably add up to something that gives an edge, but as of now, fusion's randomness and small % is indeed not worth it.

I approve of this idea great with one minor tweak. Allow the mods to be detached from the weapon and put on something else.

This could be great for end-game players as i will open up another full set of items to grind for, to mix and match, to min/max their builds without dealing with RNG.

Perhaps have it so Rare mods are crafted from the Engineers faction and the Epic mods are crafted from specific factions based on their weapon themes (Nomads=machine guns, Scavengers=cannons, etc...). It would also be nice if the mods didn't cost anything to apply/remove from items.

you cant fuse the same item second time and you take the same fusion again,i fuse the radiator once i took structure 7 hp i fuse the radiator again for second time and i take  again 7 hp  come on devs thats not fair

Edited by D3athW1sh

I'll play this card

557329188-Raisethread.jpg.f5a1cc7a28bd74

And I'll also tell...

Dear developers

Fusion Overhaul, when?

plz ASAP

I know you want to eradicate randomness of the game due to "gambling legislations across the globe"

so remove it already plz! 

ASAP plz! 

On 10/9/2017 at 1:21 PM, ROACHOR said:

RNG system is always stupid, this would be a much better way. Saw a fused relic that had structure once, felt so bad for the owner.

I do agree that it's always been stupid. Ita pretty funny you say that cause I'm actually wanting to fuse my punishers for durability haha

This thread was started in 2017. Its almost 2020 now. Devs do not care about this. They WANT you to waste countless parts during fusioning to get the one you need. Its what fuels the market. Its a godawful system that drains you of resources and items, and thats what they want to happen.

Edited by Crunk_Prime