Sign in to follow this  
Iron_Rune

Item rewards for winning a match

I love this game. One of things that is most frustrating however is the way you aquire new (white) items. Right now there are many ways for a match to end where you wont get an item.

Examples:

1) We play an "encounter" map (one neutral base in the middle). My team races off to cap. I follow them but my build is slower. Not sure what the enemy does but it seems they are occupied elsewhere... my team caps immidiately before my slow build gets there or encounters the enemy. A win, but I don't get a reward.

2) We play a normal match with one base per team. Eventually both sides are capping. I race back to our base to slow the enemy from capping. I do little damage and get destroyed but I held out long enough for my team to win. A win, but since I didn't do much damage or helped capping I dont get a reward even though we would have lost without me.

3) We play any match and I'm doing great. I kill lot's of enemies but in the end my side loose. I might have more points then even the best player on the winning side but I still wont get an item.

4) We play and early on two players on my side fire their boosters on their fun/plane builds. They catapult forward and explode. Despite doing our best we loose because it's hard to make up for 2 missing players. Again no item of course since we lost, no matter how good we were doing despite our handicap.

5) We play and encounter drones. I concentrate my fire on said drones and take out quite a few before being destroyed myself. In the end my side wins but since I don't get a reward because I didn't get any kills or assists.

Suggestions:

1) Not the games fault that I run a slow build that might be more useful in another situation. But still... as long as rewards are linked to winning it ***** (isn't great) if you don't get a reward while winning.

2) Preventing enemies from capping should be worth points (and therefore enable you to get a reward). Especially if that made the difference between a win or a loss.

3) Why not hand out rewards to the overall top 8 players in a match, regardless of which side they were on ?

4+ 5) Again, give rewards to the top players. And maybe give at least some points for dealing damage even if that doesn't result in a kill or an assist.

Edited by Iron_Rune
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Feedback has been noted, adding to the Document.

Overall having more ways to "reward" best players in the team would be very welcome.

• Like 2

I totally agreee with that. Especially in encounter it can happen, that you take part in capping and won't reach the points to get rewards. This should actually be fixed fast, Like getting 50 or 100 points similar to the other cap mission would already do it. 

Shooting drones should give points. 

I also agree on the cap stop actions. 

The only thing i don't like is Number 3. The win should still count first. Otherwise  it might lead to a playstyle where players stop fighting for the victory. In my opinion this should not be the case in team based matches. 

Agree with several points you raise.

• Blocking the enemy capping your base should be worth some points.  Perhaps also bonus points for damage/kills/assists within your own cap?
  • Destroying drones deserves a *lot* more points.

5 minutes ago, Pickle_CO said:
  • Destroying drones deserves a *lot* more points.

Drones got nerfed quite a bit. I would not want to overdo the rewards for killing drones. But it should be worth something. Right now you get stickers but no points as far as I know.

22 minutes ago, Mesta83 said:

The only thing i don't like is Number 3. The win should still count first. Otherwise  it might lead to a playstyle where players stop fighting for the victory. In my opinion this should not be the case in team based matches. 

Good point. May I suggest a compromise like multiplying the winning teams points by 1,5 or something like this and THEN giving rewards for the overall 8 best players. Don't forget that the winning team already gets more points (if only because they were more successfull in destroying enemies).
To encourage teamplay it should be worthwhile to win... but it's also nice to be rewarded for doing well even if your on the loosing side.

They should just do away with the white item rewards, they aren't even worth the effort to sell (Thank god for mass salvage). But really they aren't much of a reward.

Decapping needs to be rewarding, both for the decap and for damage received while inside your cap circle on the defense.  This should balance out the points you would have lost.

Give rep for killing drones, reward the same as an equal piece of structure ......... Stickers are the most useless thing in the game, maybe offer an option to scrap them for rep. Multiple choice style, select the faction from a list. 

Edited by SoulPlay

5 hours ago, SoulPlay said:

They should just do away with the white item rewards, they aren't even worth the effort to sell (Thank god for mass salvage). But really they aren't much of a reward.

These items are the base ingredients for the whole crafting system. Not getting any would mean you had to build them with 100 scrap. This would add so much time to every item grind and it would crash the whole ingame market. 600 scrap more for a blue part, 3600 more scrap for purple.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SoulPlay said:

We could use more than 20 slots for selling them - that's what makes selling them so tedious.  But as their Market value has swings of >500% they're probably the most price volatile of all items.

I will hoard mine up to my storage limit for another X days until the market cycles back to a high tide on these items.

imo the loosing team should take nothing for reward , ppl does not care if they gonna win or loose and they go yolo and die in 20 sec.

so imo to avoid the trolling builds and the yolo no teamwark strategy , make the loosing team to take no resources and exp reward 

and the winning team to claim the double or triple from what currently they take for win 

It's a game, why so serious?  There's nothing wrong with participation rewards for the losing side.  You generally don't get any reward even on the winning side if you don't participate to some extent in the game play.

The worst trolls are the "serious" players that b*tch in Team Chat about "idiot newbs" when they themselves die in the first 20 seconds with 10 points to show for it.

I know it's already been noted and added to the document. But still... I have to vent my frustration a bit so I'll post a screenshot of one of those really annoying outcomes.

Most points of both teams... no item reward. Did I mention my frustration ?

Edited.jpg

We advanced upon the capture point and took cover behind the crates. The enemies were cowards and made no attempt to prevent us from capturing the point.

End result: Only one player on our team earned any rewards.

It's bad enough that the Reputation is insignificant. I'm trying to earn back the fuel I spend in raids, and getting NOTHING for one of the few victories I get to survive doesn't help.

screenshot-171025-180208.jpg

Sign in to follow this