Woodyrojo

Discussion - [Developer blog] Changes in ranked battle system

Best answer

Survivors! Please, note these changes of the qualifying battles mechanic:

Now, before the start of each season, players will need to play 5 qualifying fights. Until this condition is met, the player's rating will be invisible. Thus, the player can evaluate his strengths and understand what he should change in his craft and what skills he should pay attention to. After 5 qualifying battles, the player receives a certain amount of rating points based on the result of those battles. 

f865cceff122ac9349fd37f668ea.jpg

We welcome all Survivors in another entry to the Developer blog! Today we are going to tell you about our plans for future changes in ranked battles.

We would like to remind you that all features described in the ‘Developer blog’ are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or they may not make it into the final version at all.

Spoiler

First of all, before the ranked battle system is updated, the rating of all players in this mode will be reset .This measure is necessary and will ensure that before the start of the updated ‘Ladder’ all players will be in equal conditions. Thus, next week, ranked battles will be disabled. Survivors will be able to return to the fierce battles in a week. During this time we will carry out all the necessary preparatory measures, including the next update of the game client (hello, Halloween!).

What awaits us in the updated ranked battles?

Now, before the start of each season, players will need to play 5 qualifying fights .Until this condition is met, the player's rating will be invisible. Thus, the player can evaluate his strengths and understand what he should change in his craft and what skills he should pay attention to. After 5 qualifying battles, the player receives a certain amount of rating points based on the result of those battles. 

d993ad285f8f2dadcc52de7c6786.gif

For players occupying the top 100 places, we have special animated frames for portraits.The leader of the rating table will be highlighted by a unique frame accessible only to the Survivor who is currently in 1st place. The remaining fighters from places 2 to 100 will receive a second portrait frame.

The duration of ranked seasons has been increased to two weeks. With this change, we want to give players more chances to ‘prove themselves’ and compete with the leaders of the leaderboards. As a result, the leaders will never be too comfortable and will have to constantly prove their right to the place they occupy and the rewards they receive. And the rest of the players will get enough time to radically change the alignment of forces.

78d5c177168107e4ba004fb69f0c.jpg

In the updated ranked system we have changed the thresholds for each league. Here is the list of leagues and the corresponding thresholds (in ascending order):

• Wood: 800 - 1000 points.
  • Rust: 1001 - 1300 points.
  • Iron: 1301 - 1600 points.
  • Bronze: 1601 - 1900 points.
  • Silver: 1901 - 2200 points.
  • Gold: 2201 - 2800 points.
  • Diamond: 2801 - 3400 points.
  • Master: 3401 - 4300 points.
  • Challenger: 4301+ points.

In addition, we decided to change the threshold for participation in battles. After the update it will be set to 4500 PS. With this change we would like to emphasize the fact that the Ranked mode is currently the ultimate test for those Survivors who managed to achieve a lot in the game and would like to challenge all who consider themselves the best engineers and warriors of the wasteland.

That’s all for now. See you in the next chapter of our Developer blog!

https://screenshots.firefoxusercontent.com/images/c1fcc579-1e10-4bc3-bce6-64c50dfb041b.png

Is this a tease for the new faction? Neat!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Nope :) It's a new portrait for the Halloween event.

It is still a mode there its little about skill but about how much free time someone has. Only thing one needs to be capable off is to have a slightly positive WinRatio, after achieving that easy goal its pure brainless grind for ages like all the others components of this game.

Only if there was an fairly achievable maximum number of possible battles per cycle it would become a competition of skill, until we have this I dont even bother with wasting time and effort on a mode statisticly every 2nd kid with no real life can beat (as every 2nd kid would have a positive winrate).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, iKiIIWithSporks said:

When will Xbox get this  feature?

When will Xbox also receive the Broken Arrow encounter map as it is not in the map rotation.  Confirmed with several players who have all played at least 500 matches each since the update.

Can we get a hot-fix @Woodyrojo?

Edited by TheSmitedAsh

Now, before the start of each season, players will need to play 5 qualifying fights. Until this condition is met, the player's rating will be invisible. Thus, the player can evaluate his strengths and understand what he should change in his craft and what skills he should pay attention to. After 5 qualifying battles, the player receives a certain amount of rating points based on the result of those battles. 

1 hour ago, TheSmitedAsh said:

When will Xbox also receive the Broken Arrow encounter map as it is not in the map rotation.  Confirmed with several players who have all played at least 500 matches each since the update.

Can we get a hot-fix @Woodyrojo?

Ahhh you're right I did forget about that still waiting on the map also. When will we get the update nerfing drones? Honestly they are annoying but not an issue anymore 

57 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Are the results been put into relation to played matches?

Doesnt sound like it, which makes it a simple sum at the end practicly making it a competition of who grinds the most, in which skill just eases the grind to the top but still can be outdone by someone grinding longer while being a worst player.

If you implement a competitive  gamemode at least make it a competition of skill and not one of who has more free time.

4 hours ago, yourgreatestfear said:

It is still a mode there its little about skill but about how much free time someone has. Only thing one needs to be capable off is to have a slightly positive WinRatio, after achieving that easy goal its pure brainless grind for ages like all the others components of this game.

Only if there was an fairly achievable maximum number of possible battles per cycle it would become a competition of skill, until we have this I dont even bother with wasting time and effort on a mode statisticly every 2nd kid with no real life can beat (as every 2nd kid would have a positive winrate).

Totally agree. No change in this ranked system. Never participated in it and will stay that way until it becomes a real ranked interesting system,

Hi guys, you should add a better Prize distribution to motivate ppls to participate in Ranked battles... is 2 weeks of fight so you must deserve something for your effort,  this is plus your current distribution for the top positions.

Add Cash or items for ppls that are in certain leader at the end of the season, as example:

• Wood: 50 cash - 1 blue box
  • Rust: 75 cash - 2 blue box
  • Iron: 100 cash - 3 blue box
  • Bronze: 150 cash - 4 blue one box
  • Silver: 200 cash - 1 purple box
  • Gold: 250 cash - 1 purple box
  • Diamond: 300 cash - 2 purple box
  • Master: 500 cash - 1 yellow box
  • Challenger: 750 cash - 2 yellow box
  • Upvote 2

I don't know if it's related. But now, i'm getting or fighting 3 men teams. 

3v4, 3v3 or 4v3. Like in hard raids.

Didn't happened, the first week or 2, i've played ranked.

Edited by SoulDeliverer

yo devs, good idea to try and make ranked matches better, how ever, before you get to far into the project i feel that i must point a few things out to you.

firstly, you are not addressing the most relevant issues.

the main problems for ranked matches is matchmaking, how the point system and ratings works, and how teams are formed. to start, ranked match making is a complete joke, often you will find your entire team has a rating of no more then 1200 while the enemy team all has ratings over 1600, there is no way to justify such things. one team will be filled with rapier and chord users while the other team is filled with hovers,tsunamis and reapers. thats completely not fair at all.even if the weaker team somehow wins, they dont get rewarded based on the skill of the enemy team. why should a team win 25 points for winning a battle against a team that was even with their team, and then still only win 25 points for winning against a team that outranked them by the hundreds? 

as of now the whole system is a joke, its based entirely on luck since all teams are random and players cant party up for ranked matches. it really does not matter how skilled you are, if your team is trash then you will loose, period. what is the reason behind forcing us to have random teams in ranked? why do players not get their based on their personal performance rather the performance of the entire team? imagine how stupid it is to be judged by the actions of a random team you get, i can destroy 3 players and still have my team loose, but i dont get credited anything for killing almost the entire team? instead, i get punished by having points taken away from me, thats not right.  players should be judged based on their personal skills and actions, this would make sure that all players get the score they truly deserve. once you allow players to be scored based on personal performance not only does this make the players happy, this also allows your matchmaking to make make the teams more even, if players can get scores that actually reflect how well they play then matchmaking will be able to easily match players against other players who are on the same skill level, this right here fixes a bunch more issues but i do not feel like explaining them all.im sure you get the idea.

just last might my ranking points was 1950, this morning i been on a roll of getting horrible teams matched against better teams, this continued all day today and now im at 1200 rating, even though i always kill most of the enemy team regardless of my team, I end up in the pool with all the no skill bottom feeders who just enjoy trolling people. i think you should fix the important issues first, the things you are changing at the moment will not fix anything about ranked matches, all your doing is changing a few a few things that will not really make ranked any better.

stupid Russian game, you buy 3-4 drones and activate them in the fight, you run away and you're waiting to see how many of your dron will make killings and damages ... and this is your stupid game that is not worth throwing money ... and players who use cheat will not even discuss them... your game is for the cruise line ... if this continues, the players will easily give up ... and tell you about your daily prize (green konteiner)..of 100 boxes I got 2 blue items, is not it pathetic ... are you so afraid that the players will get rich:007j::005j: