Mraevn

Base Race - PvP Game Mode

Base Race Game Mode Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see such game mode in the game?

• Yes
    • I don't care
    • No

Hi guys, I just made a new Game Mode concept and I would like to hear your opinion about it. It should provide some new mechanics and more strategic elements, than the casual PvP Missions that we have now. What do you think about it? Maybe if we get enough interest the Devs would make it happen for us :)

Please check this preview or use this link in case you have trouble viewing the image: Base Race Link

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome in the comments below!

base_race_gamemode.thumb.jpg.836b36a9be7

• Upvote 6

Sounds like an improvement of my tdm idea :D, except you have to “build” the base, but in my idea the base is prebuilt and also uses a more traditional tdm kill counter.

otherwise +1

I would be careful in mode like this, where you are going to steal the boxes because everybody play there with Hovers... ignore mines, good protection, incredible speed... you dont have time to shot him down until he take this crate and run.

But yes i like to see more strategic oriented game mode like this.

Maybe it can perfectily work with some suportive modules that missing in this game, like stun, slow, imobilizing, or others ! (Maybe new faction ? :002j:)

Edited by SVKsuli
  • Upvote 1

Interesting.

this would make for good PvE against waves of raiders, which attack alternating between the base and Crate Hunters, with assorted nastiness added for annoyance vaue

I really like the concept.  

I feel it would need to have a different matchmaker in order to avoid steamroller matches but honestly I could see myself playing this mode for way too long in a single evening until being yelled at by my wife that the baby is awake. 

I agree that the mines would encourage hover play.  (until hovers are changed more) 

It seems to be a more strategic mode than the current tdm of kill or capture. 

I hope that we see something like this in the future of the game. 

Maybe mines could have a second version. Unlike the normal ones these would jump into the air and then explode such as those from world war Bounding Mines did. :) No more hovers hehe

• Like 1

+1 for you, ideamaster! :D Great to hear about your ideas, and this one is perfect. I Hope Devs will think about it, and bring kind of mode like this.

2 hours ago, Jnuttengr said:

Like a Bouncing Betty?  I like it. 

Yep

This would be cool as a pve survival sorta raid where you have to defend against waves of enemies and a new crate is located oin a random spot on the map every wave

You lose by the enemies "capping your base"

Another suggestion:

turrets cannot attack enemies once they are in the base to make it slightly easier to cap

On 19/10/2017 at 2:49 PM, Mraevn said:

Maybe mines could have a second version. Unlike the normal ones these would jump into the air and then explode such as those from world war Bounding Mines did. :) No more hovers hehe

Or make their vertical detection range a lot higher, so it detonates and hopefully the blast dmg tfgets them :)

On 21. 10. 2017 at 2:29 PM, howardxu23 said:

Or make their vertical detection range a lot higher, so it detonates and hopefully the blast dmg tfgets them :)

Yeah that's a good idea, but the explosion would have to be made larger as well I think. The blast range isn't that great after all the nerfs.