Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

Make a Purple Drone controller  that allows to launch more than 2. And costs 1 energy.

Edited by gromulator
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DUROV196616 said:

Hello Crossout Community!

I would like to share my  ideas about Drones/Turrets changes. Lets start:

Sidekick

• Reduce the damage by 30% (The previous patch with 100% damage increase was too much and made them very strong.)
  • Reduce the movement speed by 15% (Same as Fuze drones)
  • All of lunched Sidekick should stay around the Host/mothership player (estimated about 10-15 m) - Now, every launched sidekick go and chase the enemy like silent assassin, not like a Bodyguard. After all, that's why his name is "sidekick", right?

Fuze Drone

• Reduce the damage of blast Fuze Drone. 
  • Fuze Drones shouldn't travel through the battlefield to blow up enemies. If the host player launch them, they stay around the player until the enemy is not close enough.

Attack Drones

• They damage and structure are very good now. Well done! Just one problem with all of drones. In low PS everyone can use them, thats why they very effective for begginers, but not everyone liek to use them. Just to ask: Make them less lethaly for Low PS players (I mean: Increase PS or allow less Drone/Turret/Sidekick in One vehicle)

Turrets

• Some % damage reducation should need for them, because if someone came to battle with 4 Turret Deployer, thoes 4 Turret quickly rip them apart. If the balancing would carry out by Damage Reduce or Energy Increase, bot of them should work.

AI Player-Control System (Just for Turrets and Flying drones)

Everyone knows, these weapons are controled by AI. How we can make them more player-controlled weapons?

• They should need a Laser designation System - With this mode, the palyer could lock the enemy target for their Drones/Turrets. The laser just visible for drone user, but invisible for everyone. If the target locked with 2 sec delay (#loading icon) The Drones start to attack the target.
  • If the user of drones/turrets not lock the target the weapons will not attack automatically. (Progress: Launch Drones/Turrets--->Lock Target--->Weapons starts to fire until they see the target or it get out from range)

Thank you for read! Best Regards!

I agree with all but the fuze drones. They are suicide drones so the damage is fine as it is. And I'm pretty sure the stronger the radar you have the farther your drones will "see" their target. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, GreyGhost505 said:

Deal explosive damage to carrier when the drone structure is destroyed for all drones carrying explosives. 

i.e. fuze, owl, anaconda, etc. 

Oh yes. Well I only agree this should be on the FUZE Drone structure as its literally a moving bomb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

My suggestion :

Fuze , AD12 Falcon , MD-3 Owl : Structure 60 , Energy drain 6

RT anaconda : Structure 100 , Energy drain 6

Sidekick : Structure 80 , Energy drain 6 , damage - 50%

Genesis : Energy drain 4

Deployment time for all drones : -25%

Moving speed for all drones : -25%

Thank

Edited by Shokeus
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Make the sidekicks pirotise (or attempt to) following their host, just like how attack drones do, then roll back energy changes to 3.

the other option is to use the limiter on sidekicks only(can extend to other automated weapons if needed, but for now they go free), and then increase hp to 160ish (or keep the same)and reduce dmg by 10% (small changes, get it?)and reduce energy usage to 2, or even as low as 1.

17 hours ago, Shokeus said:

My suggestion :

Fuze , AD12 Falcon , MD-3 Owl : Structure 60 , Energy drain 5

RT anaconda : Structure 100 , Energy drain 5

Sidekick : Structure 80 , Energy drain 5 , damage - 50%

Deployment time for all drones : -25%

Thank

The problem with that it only encourages full drone builds instead, since using a single one is no longer viable as a support option due to large amounts of precious energy uses

Edited by howardxu23
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My two ideas are more general, but they address the drone issue entirely.

1.  Have a targeting zone to highlight what all AI weapons attack.  So for any drone/AI weapon to shoot something, you need to be aiming  its general direction.  After that, they work like normal. If not maintaining lock, they stop attacking as if was no enemy in range.

2.  Processing power requirements to more powerful weapons.  This will maintain the value and potential of alpha weapons, fun for high ps, causing new beans to quit low PS.  Cabs have processing, module to convert energy for more processing.  This will put an artificial minimum PS on equipment.  So to run high potential weapons, like old tow, would use more advanced cabs.  It wont affect higher ps builds because these are used and low ps are protected because cannot minmax it into a match.

3.  Drone specific.  All deployers need a clear direction of deployment.  No hiding deployers in an armored turtleshell sphere.  Send out sides?  Sides need to be open.  If guns can have lines of fire, then so can drone boxes.

• Upvote 7

I believe the answer to the drone problem (and yes it is a huge problem at lower ps) is to limit them to one per vehicle. If it was up to me i would enliminate all auto target weapons all together. These “no talent” builds are destroying the game for newcomers. At least three people i got started playing this game won’t play anymore due to drone frustration. 

Please at least lower the hp of drones at lower ps so there is a chance for someone with white weapons to knock them out before they rip you apart. 

Ps lots of good suggestions in this forum. Hope something is done soon.

• Upvote 7

a lot of these nerf's are far to extreme and would completely destroy drones like the TOW

My opinion

Turrets = Fine as they are

Attack Drones = Fine

Fuzes = Strong but easily counter able with good aim

maybe if you blow one up it  will damages all enemies/drones around it the same way it does to you

Sidekick = Slower 15-20 percent reduction in movement + more weight and unable to cover the drone deploying side/

make it controllable like the Tow and buff its health to 300 while limiting 1 to a build (I miss how cool the old TOW was :( )

Missile Drones/ Turrets are currently weak

Maybe increase projectile velocity by a bit 5% or increase their structure by 5-10%

Things not to add:

10 hours ago, Wreckcenter said:

Introduce legendary arial/hover drone for 3 energy that follows enemies

Now we have hover drones that will replace sidekicks except make the game p2w(which it currently isn't) as it is the only viable strategy and 5 legendries are expensive (I only have one)

Some one in that chat said something about a relic drone that was like a sidekick but on hovers and had a scorpion( do I even need to explain)

Edited by HAPPYCOWDANCE
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dark__Blade__PS4 said:

Buff damage of all drone by 100%. Makes more explosive parts. Nerf the Spark, Equalizer and Reaper. 

PS: I love my Fuze Drone and look forward to legendary Drones. 

So basicly you want from crossout no be > droneout ?  You want to buff every drone by 100% so they will do more dmg than the weapons that they are carrying . And you want to nerf counter weapons against drones. I think drones are fine as they are now. Still 5 drones can easly destroy any ride.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sidekicks & Automatically AI controlled weaponry.

What can we do to make things fun.

I've made a similar post like this before but since this is our new dedicated drone thread Id like to voice my thoughts once more for the sake of exposure. My theory transcends just Sidekicks as a topic but is also related to pretty much anything that puts the core game play at jeopardy. Balance of the Yin & Yang. The invisible hand that simply makes the game fun for all players / Generates Income for the devs and continues to gain new players. Right now, there are so many unbalanced elements that need fixing and we need to be able to retain all players, each player lost due to frustrating game play is potential monetary LOSS for ever. 

Sidekicks have developed the nickname "Cancer" and the weapon is currently used to kite, stall, divert, frustrate, troll and spam the opposition to death, all this with a push of a single button, there is some "craft" in being a good Sidekick user by managing your positioning but that's really the only thing you need to focus on and most people eventually relegate towards using the same launch and run tactics. Firstly you will need to agree with me on one statement before we continue "Sidekicks are unbalanced because of their frequency and their exponential threat whist in numbers, their damage output is fine" Before you disagree with me on that, please read that quote again because the concept is not intuitive. At first people believe that Sidekicks are overpowered due to their "insane damage output", people respond with "nerf their damage" but this should not happen. People that complain about the damage output is simply because they fail to understand the reason behind their deaths. Let me explain. 

A Sidekick is fitted with a Purple Spectre Machine gun. The DPS output of this gun is not scary by itself and shooting down a single Sidekick 1 on 1 is very easy, no one is scared of that. What people are scared of is that you are fighting wave after wave of these disposable damage sinks while diverting your DPS away from shooting other player crafts the entire round. Every second of the 3 minute round spent shooting something that is disposable is time and damage wasted rather than actually having fun and shooting down other players. This is the core reason why playing against Sidekicks is frustrating and also extremely detrimental to the gameplay. 

Nobody enjoys shooting down generic little androids, it's become a minigame of whack-a-mole. If the opposition has 2-3 or more Sidekick builds the amount of damage wasted focusing down these drones will probably result in you losing the round because that damage was not caused to other players, you wasted so much time dealing with them. You're shooting at phantoms you need to kill, even if you have decent aim you will eventually be eroded the longer the round lasts.

So what can we do to fix this monstrosity ?

We have 2 options -

1 - We continue tweaking the current system and then in future patches continue to have the same thing happen time and time again when devs are stuck in an endless loop wasting valuable development time balancing Sidekicks.

2 - We rework Sidekicks to make them enjoyable to both users and shooters.

Ok so how do we re-work them?

You need to bite the bullet and admit Sidekicks were a bad idea to begin with, a complete overhaul. 

I will list my ideas below on what i think should happen, but what ever the new changes are they must avoid a few things. Do not combine Automation with spamming game mechanics, it will not end well no matter what you do.

Champion Sidekick ( new name )

Each player can purchase, craft or trade in their old Sidekicks for a new Champion Sidekick of purple quality. All blue Sidekicks are removed from the game. 

Players can equip a single Champion Sidekick that costs 8 energy but bring powerful team support . ( to promote fun gameplay, team play and less spamming of automation )

Champion Sidekicks Are now a lot stronger, larger, have much higher HP scaled by PowerScore and can bring dangerous firepower. ( they also look a lot more badass and target hovers! )

Champion Sidekicks Are able to mount any weapon of your choice ( no limits, use your imagination for tactics ). Location of the mounted weapon is static and cannot be changed, you must buy a weapon and put it in the slot.

Champion Sidekicks Are able to be controlled by giving them orders, Follow me, Hold position, Seek that target, Protect me or deploy them in a new mode called "Cloaked beacon"

Champion Sidekicks Start next to you at the beginning of the round and do not re-spawn once killed, forcing you to use them carefully, they will continue to fight even if you're dead and you are able to control all features from the grave.

Champion Sidekicks Have a new user controlled feature called "Cloaked beacon" where the Drone deploys and becomes immobile and invisible until being shot or you give it permission to shoot, unable to move in this mode, the Champion Sidekick will remain unseen and can Transmit enemy locations to all friendly players globally in it's line of sight, also detects other invisible units in a radius around it and replenishes team ammo if standing next to it. 

These are HUGE team support changes, that truly make it a support item. You could even add something else to give players more of a counter to hovers.

You may not like my ideas, but as long as the spam and run type play is changes, i believe the game will be more enjoyable in the end.

Edited by RockPigeon
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Reduce them back to one per build. Players did not ask for armies and do not like them. It reduces many possible builds into the ineffective category.

If not that then make them do less damage, move slower, and stay near the owner - but I ask you, is that as much fun? No. They were designed as support weapons and they worked well! Go back to that. Reimburse everyone who has more than one and purge the rest. Then we can start to see more diverse builds again.

To be clear we are all tired of the turkey shoot. I have killed many thousands of sidekicks and fuzes lately. Not one time was it fun. Think about that. I do not even get anything as a reward except the ability to survive a moment longer. Armies upon armies of the things, over and over again, match after match. You burnt the whole player base out with this stuff.

You guys know many many players have left or stopped playing because of this. This and hovers. They both changed everything when it comes to what possible build you can bring into battle and do well with. The players will come back. Go back to one drone type module per build and while you're at it nerf hovers in some way so that they are not all we see at higher PS levels.

Players will love you for it.

• Upvote 8

Add a communication distance.
1) Player needs a Radio mounted on car in order to deploy drone, 1 radio per 1 drone.
2) If the drone gets too far away from you, let's say 300 m, It will shut down and stay on place, until you are close enough again.
3) If the radio on car is destroyed, the drone simply stops working and starts executing random commands, like drive in circles, shoot own allies etc.

What do you think?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

The Sidekick Wheeled Drone was never an issue before the 100% damage increase.  Back then I usually ignored them and got annoyed if I accidentally got one stuck under my car.

I still don't use the Sidekick and am loving the new Spark seems how popular the forum has made the Sidekicks lately with all the negativity.

Only dead fish follow the stream. ;) 

• Upvote 1

Double its energy cost and reduce it damage by 90%.

Remove 1 gold per kill a player did with drone.

"F" did enouth kills for the 100 next years.

Edited by MMxiter
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

What if the game system was modified so that the more the game would load the drones would adjust their power. Simply - the more drones in the game - the weaker. The less - the stronger.

I think it would solve a lot of problems and inspire players to try out normal weapons.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1