Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

I personally would like to see the damage the drones do reduced.

But if thats not going to happen then I would love to see a change in the way the power score works with drones. 

Instead of being the flat rate of 555, when you install multiple drones, the power score could multiply by some amount.

So the first drone is 555, the second is 1000 or so added your power score. 

• Upvote 4

Drones are likes hurricanes on hovers: stupidly easy to use and damm too effective.

Devs are dronwning them pre-birth child in a gas bath for cash. Only a spark is missing to destroy last things left.

Future legendaries drones?

Efficiency and rewards needs risk & skill as factor. non of autoaim weapon have thoses.

Edited by MMxiter
  • Upvote 5

As in all games it's not only the fact that an overpowered ''weapon'' makes the players rage  but that it is easy to use and difficult to counter .Drones have all these flaws ,not need to bother to place them in the car or how to protect it neither need skills or precision to use them in a game just a little bit of map awareness at high PS .So the simple solution is to nerf their characteristics or make them more difficult to use  and make their gameplay more dynamic :

Turrets: you need to be stationary (one moment or at least one second) to activate them. 
drones: their speed is limited so you have to drive slowly so that they can follow you otherwise they are out of range  and they are desactivated (for the present case it has the same role as the caucasus and it is redundant)
sidekicks: you must always aim (with a wide angle like hurricain ) at the person to be targeted. 

this is an example may not be the best but the main thing is to change not only the dmg but to make their gameplay more dynamic.

• Upvote 1

On 6.1.2018 at 11:23 AM, Lordor2022 said:

New Idea:

The Dev. want that the Drones should be a Support Weapon. Why there is no gradation?

If you use one Drone as support weapon. the Drone makes 100% damage. You need 3 Energy. 3 energy of 12 or 14 - you can say: its pure Support.

If you use two drones, their damage will be reduced by 25% each drone. You need 6 energy.   6 energy of 12 or 14 - you can say: its an equal right Weapon.

If you use three drones, their damage will be reduced by 50% each drone. you need 9 energy. 9 energy of 12 or 14 - you can say: you use it as main weapon. 

So you dont nerv the drone as support weapon but if you use it as a main weapon - it will be nerved. 

I hope you understand it :)

Very good idea, but won´t happend I guess. There is a good chance a legendary drone comes (like there is alrdy on asien server) and limiting this drone will limit the profit. 

• Sad 1

Instead of trying to balance drones/turrets hit damage or accuracy the developers simply need to stick with the skill based combat. In that sense drones/turrets need to behave like any other weapon and be aimed and fired manually by the player.

• Upvote 1

Personally I say put in a safe drone/turret count to two on regular vehicles (Leviathans don't suffer the overload penalty, they're meant to be boss level vehicles after all) with a damage reduction of 50% and decrease the accuracy by 30% to 45% , once the safe drone/turret count is exceeded all turret/drone launchers on a vehicle have a 75% chance to self destruct for rare drones and 50% for epic drones (Power overload) on activation, only destroying the drone/turret launchers and the player suffers a 70% reputation penalty once the match concludes.

It is my belief that such steps instituted would see a decline of one player being able to zip around the map, taking no damage at all while doing no real combat themselves and taking out most, if not all of a team.  Which I have seen happen various times in the last two to three days.

• Upvote 1

One of the problems regarding the falcon drones is that they match their users' speed. In ~3k PS battles, there are very many hovers with the duster cabin + cheetah engine abusing this mechanic. I'm running vectors myself, so when a turrets user places his turrets near me, I can destroy them easily. When a vehicle using wheels deploys falcon drones near me, they're harder to hit, but it's still very possible to do. However, when a cheetah duster hover deploys its falcon drones near me, the drones are very hard to hit, which in turn makes them more powerful than I believe they are intended to be, as they are harder to destroy even with what it supposed to be the drones' counter: machine guns. So, my suggestion: reduce the falcon drones' max speed, so that they will lag behind if the user is moving too quickly. Also make it that the falcon drones will not shoot if they are too far away from their deployer. This way, regular falcon drone users are not affected, but the cheetah duster hovers cannot use their drones effectively unless they slow down themselves, which I believe would be fair. 

48 minutes ago, fluffymanatee said:

There is about to be Legendary Drones. Be prepared to get ripped a new one.

You mean prepare to uninstall until such time as there is a real PvP mode in the game?  I'm this || close...

• Upvote 4

Hello there!

I have ideas about all drones. 

So drones should be deffensive weapon right? So dont allow high speed builds mount any drone. Is this fine idea? When little hover flying around me while 3 attack drones shoot me, its Fricking unfair and super annoying. Dont let fast builds use drones... That will be good balance. You know, if build drive faster than XXkm/h, dont allow mount any drone. Thats better than ''damage nerf''.

Also. Turrets should be destroy very easly when you run on it. So, I think turrets dont need any hitbox for cars. You know when i run into turret, i get stopped and flipped, that shouldn't exist. So lets turrets have 0 hp too melee daamge. You know, i ride by turrets and its just dissapear, dont stop my car or anything. (Also sorry im terrible english user)

Edited by MoroBlizniak
  • Upvote 1

for someone who plays at 4000 ps the drones(ad 12 falcon) deals way too much damage you often see people using 2 to 4 drones and destroying there opponents in less than a second, they damage should be decreased or their health because next to that they are hard to kill even with machine guns. maybe increase the power to 4 to reduce the amount of drones they can carry beceause at this stage  they make the game barely playable and absolutely not fun.

AD-12 Falcon Modification: Maintenance of weapons and equipment
Sidekick modification: Maintenance Frame block and Wheel
Reduce or eliminate the power of weapons. Each time there is a maintenance
function device, the length of time is extended from 3 minutes to 4-5
minutes.

• Confused 1

My suggestion:

Pretty please!!! Do not release the Legendary drone. Just forget about it. I know you prob worked hard on it, but I think the player base isn't responding positively to such weapons. I think it'd be bad for the game and it's balance if that drone gets released.

• Upvote 3

My suggestion: this is supposed to be a player vs. player game, where the best player wins.  But when you have things doing the shooting for the player, that is no longer the case.  Get rid of all the nonsensical weapons that shoot for the players and make the players shoot for themselves.  Because 'hit a button, run away, and win' should never be an option.

• Upvote 7

I would suggest making AI guns completely defensive. And by this i mean make them only engage the target onlt if the target atacks the owner. This way, if i just run up, drop some turrets and run away the turrets wont atack, because the owner is in no danger ( from the POV of the turret) same for sidekick and falcon or caucasus. Seeing as hurricane and pyre need some aiming they are unafected. Also, have the amount of time the turret atacks directly rwlated to the dmg the owner got. If the owner is under constant fire, say mg's, the turrets atack constantly. If he gets a cannon or big dmg shot the turret atacks 2 sec for each 100 cabin dmg received. In this sense, using shielda with drones becomes useless, runing is useless, pure drone boats can be ignored by players as the drones become useless if the owner is not engaged.

• Upvote 2

Maybe making the drones/turrets as durable as your own vehicle. 

1 drone get 10% of your hp 

2 drones get 10% of your hp

3 drones get 10% of your hp

4 drones get 10% of your hp

Example: your build has 1000 points, so your drone gets 100 points if you use one

Your build has 1000 points but you are using 2 drones, so each of them get 50

Using 3 drones would give them each 33

4 drones would give them 25 hp

Using a cloak makes your turrets/drones invisible and they stop acting until the cloak is over. Shooting the turrets/drones while they/you are invisible doesn't stop invisibility from the other drones/Turrets and yourself. 

Flying drones get a limit to their speed so if your car is (+-) 8 meters away from them they are loosing hp until you stop and they can get over your vehicle again. 

Turrets need to be aimed by yourself with a laser,  unless the enemy is in certain range. (+-10m) the laser would come from the top of the cabin. Its going trough your own parts but not trough Friendly's and terrain. 

Maybe this is a stupid idea, maybe it's a good one or its a mixed one. But making drones/turrets more player based gameplay would be a good thing. Also nerfing the combination with hover+cloak+turrets/drones is a really important one. 

• Upvote 2

I still think that drones should have some kind of laser targeting feature so that it's not entirely automated. I'm sure this must be somewhere in that "document", i've suggested it several times before. Being able to focus on driving whilst the shooting is entirely automated (and 100% perfect aiming to boot) is way too much of a passive advantage.

It would also reduce how abusive they are in the "fire and forget" meta. Having to choose between shooting the user and taking a lot of damage or shooting the drone(s) and letting the user get off scott free is a frustrating choice to have make. Forcing them to maintain at least some kind of visual link would give other players some kind of ability to fight back at the player using drones since it opens them up to making the same logistical mistakes almost everyone else makes when they smack into a rock or wall.

Lastly if there was a need to handicap it further, this targeting module could be independent like a scope, costing 1 power slot would reduce the total capacity of drones a cabin might be able to use without the aid of generators, capping off their spam in lower PS games.

Edited by grazure
  • Upvote 5

How about this:  If players can summon drones and turrets that they don't have to aim and have 100% accuracy, how about a low-level engineering ability where I can hit a button, and my weapons auto target drones and turrets without aiming and with 100% accuracy?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, scammin said:

How about this:  If players can summon drones and turrets that they don't have to aim and have 100% accuracy, how about a low-level engineering ability where I can hit a button, and my weapons auto target drones and turrets without aiming and with 100% accuracy?

Sounds fair.  Why require some players to aim weapons when others don't have to?  Everyone could just drive around and let their weapons blast away autonomously.  I mean, half the players do that already so what's the harm?

• Upvote 1

Autoaim wapons are stupidly  high damaging.(stop recruiting in asyliums guys)

I'm not sure if the dev put a "0" after the inteded damage value or if devs are fools, but there is no point to use something else but in CW/

From 2k5 to 8K, 60-70% of players are playing drones or homing missiles.

I thought it couldn't be as bad as sidekicks meta, but i was wrong.

Suggestions:

-Cheetah perk shouldn't works on autoaim weapons. (drones & homing M)

-Reduce blue deployable damages at chord levels or put it sideckiks +1 energy treatment.

-Put aimbot on every weapons. Anyway, last players are mostly autoaim abusers and most competitive ones are gone for long.

Edited by MMxiter

3 hours ago, MMxiter said:

I thought it couldn't be as bad as sidekicks meta, but i was wrong.

There's the whole issue with this balancing nonsense...  The other autoaim weapons were the dominant ones before sidekicks became the go-to weapon.  They were never balanced or fixed, just put in the shadow of an even better weapon.  Now that sidekicks and fuzes have been nerfed, people have all gone back to attack drones and turret diarrhea with the addition of homing missiles.  It's just even worse now because of the addition of hovers, the cheetah perk, and aegis/barrier. 

Very few of the problems from last summer or fall are gone, rather just swept under the rug by the latest issue.  It'd be nice if there were more common updates that just nudged these items towards a state of balance one bit at a time based off the copious amounts of player suggestions here, instead of one "balance" update every month and a half that consists of "100% dmg buff" figures. 

• Upvote 3

All these weapons have no place at all in a PVP environment they belong in the PVE part of this game only.

• Upvote 5