Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

I was just thinking, maybe a serveillance drone would be a usefull tool. It would do no damage, but you would position it with a targeting sight similar to the Mandrake. You would hit the assigned button to launch it and it would either circle around where you aimed or it would stay fixed in the center and you could turn the camera. If you hit the assigned button again your camera would toggle back to your car. So basically it would be a scope that you could place so that snipers and such would have a better view of the battle field.

Here's another idea - how about a radar jamming/scrambling ability that when you use it, causes the drones and turrets to either fire in random directions, or at random vehicles?  

• Upvote 3

Because my post is stuck in moderation limbo (probably because it contains too much balance) I'll pastes it here.

The cheetah is currently top dog of the engines. Why is this? Well not only is it the fastest, it gives the most tonnage. This 3000 bonus to tonnage allows low tonnage movement types (hovers) to carry very large amounts of armor for their speed. In addition to this there is a more glaring issue, the perk.

The perk allows for much faster drone, chameleon, aegis prime, and booster reload. This creates a synergy between high speed and drones that completely upsets the balance of these modules. You see it all the time, the constant cloak, constant shield. This needs to be addressed ASAP. 

Here are my suggestions.

Adjusted V8 specs.

Weight increase 1250kg

Tonnage increase 1000kg

perk: nitro boost, increases top speed by 20% (even if the vehicle can already go max, works kind of like a booster, but through the wheels) and 40% acceleration boost. Lasts for 10 secs (idk how long but I think 10 is a good base) activated via F as standard.

Perk effects: shoots flames out the exhausts mounted in the car, also makes a loud V8 acceleration noise for a few seconds.

Drones, hovers, chameleons, and the aegis are mostly balanced on their own. But the cheetah breaks this and makes these modules way more effective than they should be.

More about hover tonnage, the max efficiency number should be 6 to compensate for 2000 less tonnage.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, airkevin777 said:

Perk effects: shoots flames out the exhausts mounted in the car, also makes a loud V8 acceleration noise for a few seconds.

hnnnnnnnnngh 

My post is stuck in pre-moderation limbo as well so I'm just gonna dump it here.

Limit Weapons

The current system is too easily abused for stacking certain weapons. For instance, a pure Lancelot build with 8 lances can nearly guarantee one kill a game in 5k PS if not up to four when all are fully charged, aimed well and the player uses self-destruct. A guaranteed kill, no counter, you can drive all you want, but someone's going to die - especially slower builds. Well we could nerf the Lancelot right? But I can stack easily eight of them? What about PS? I can still just use half and still get a kill and rack up the highest EXP in a match. Okay energy increase? Well like I said, I could use X and still do very good - it's only two Lancelots that really seem 'balanced' with the high end of four and that's already guaranteed kill territory. So the only solution with the current balancing scheme would be to nerf them into oblivion either by power/damage or energy per Lance by increasing it by like 300-400%, who would want a Lance for a lot more conventional weapons?

Crossout is a dynamic game, it's going into really freaky weapon balancing territory, we've already seen it with stuff like the Aegis Prime - where two can be put on a vehicle and with the Cheetah engine it will last nearly forever. The only way to balance all current weapons and future weapons no matter how unique is by limiting them. Another good example is how Drones and Turrets are too powerful when stacked as they linearly increase the amount of targets a player could potentially focus; which gets even worse when you have whole platoons of players doing this in a match.

My proposal is simple, limit all weapons and future weapons to a reasonable degree to maintain balance. Limiting MGs to 2, Miniguns to 3, Cannons to 2, Turreted Cannons to 1, Automatic Weapon(Caucasus) to 1, Pyres to 2 and Hurricanes to 1, Turrets and Drones to 1, melee weapons don't really need limits as they suffer from hitbox issues naturally, Mandrake to 1, Mammoth and Reapers to 1. That would be my example of balance - but why would anyone use those? Well after limiting them to those numbers or whatever the developers choose they could simply balance the weapons according to their needs! Buff turrets and drones so that 1 is powerful enough to be a side-weapon - as was intended; their perk is that they ignore normal weapon placements, can be armored and re-deployed several times. But multiple of them will never truly be balanced, either too strong or too weak - and they become difficult to balance en masse as we've seen in matches where teams with entirely turret or drone players become far too annoying to aim or target.

As for other weapons like Reapers and Mammoths, add more modules! Add more things that are worth consuming energy for, or even just balance Engines harder by increasing their energy cost? Even a simple global energy nerf to cabins could fix this part of my solution. Another potential bonus is a higher time-to-kill (TTK) which would correlate with games lasting longer now as well as potentially reducing PS disparity on weapon or otherwise structure bloated builds to lead more players to play in a similar bracket rather than playing at extremes. I believe this is the solution Crossout needs, now and for the future. Any whacky crazy weapons they add could easily be balanced or made 'fair' by this, this solution easily removes any true abuse of a weapons setup and mitigates any overpowered-ness. It would be wise to consider that the developers should not balance the game according to extremes, where they nerfed Turrets, Drones, Equalizers and Cannons if even slightly only because players are playing builds entirely formed on those items so their extremes become more balanced. 4 Turrets and 4 Drones? Instead of nerfing their limits they nerfed them so they're considered "fair". I also see players complaining about Mammoths at 10k PS battles when it's obvious they would dominate because of how the game would play out at 10k, 3k PS cabin or 600~ structure total weapons? Well people are just going to aim for weapons at that bloated PS so obviously the most armored weapons would do well. Extremes should be toned down, nerfs don't nerf boating as much as this. You can nerf 4 Equalizer builds but it's easier to just limit them as with any other build in the game. 

Please share your thoughts on this idea and I hope players consider it as well.

Edited by Egggeneral
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Balance Cabin PS

White, 250 PS, Blue 750 PS, Purple 1500 PS.

This doesn't make sense, every other item in the game has a powerscore(PS) that's different and a reference for each while not being grouped up by their inherent rarity - even Legendary weapons have varying PS!. A Duster with 250 PS should not be able to pack on a 1950 PS weapon and sit well at 3k PS with a more powerful and efficient weapon in it's bracket. It doesn't matter if they're supposedly balanced by having less armor when weapons weren't intended to seal club like this. It's like giving a kid a gun when every other kid is killing each other with bats. The developers should scale and determine powerscore properly instead of separating cabin PS based on their rarity.

1 hour ago, Egggeneral said:

For instance, a pure Lancelot build with 8 lances can nearly guarantee one kill a game in 5k PS

I think there's an easier fix for this - make the lance mounting area wider so they can't put all 8 so close together.  That way, all 8 would only hit the biggest vehicles in one pass.

13 minutes ago, scammin said:

I think there's an easier fix for this - make the lance mounting area wider so they can't put all 8 so close together.  That way, all 8 would only hit the biggest vehicles in one pass.

Or they could just limit weapons in general to preserve all weapons in the current game and future for their intended purpose as assist/side-weapons to differentiate them from main weapons. To stop people from stacking turrets, drones, lances, pyres and caucasus. None of which should be legitimate play styles.

Edited by Egggeneral

Egg, the idea of limiting mgs, cannons, and normal weapons like that seems backwards. When you have the starter car in the beginning and start trying to improve it, what do you do? Add more mgs because that's all you have access to.

Two spectres or equalizers isn't going to do much, which promotes players going as low in ps as they can with them to be effective.

Triple cannon builds aren't that effective normally outside of medium range. Limiting turret cannons to one? It's argueable that turreted cannons are worse until you have a mammoth.

No limit on meelee? It's not hard to make an effective meelee. I did it yesterday and I think we saw each other in battle. Meelee is fine where it is.

I do think the 8 lance builds are annoying, however if they miss and are shot, or use up all their lances on a single target, well they have 3-4 minutes to be useless.

Edited by airkevin777

Well then you don't have to limit MGs or cannons or anything like that but boating Pyres, Turrets, Drones and even people running multiple Caucasus do seem like they should have a hard limit below the actual potential energy limit. But limiting MGs, cannons and that other stuff could lower TTK and decrease PS disparity for a better overall game.

In reality the only weapons needing a limit are drones. Caucasus is a good support weapon,  it can't handle multiple targets and has slow traverse.

All missiles need a lock on time and the hurricane should not be able to use the cheetah perk. In fact the perk should be changed.

Edited by airkevin777

Though turret and sidekick drones are balanced imo .falcons could use a 10% dps nerf and then they are fine. I don't think a limit is needed at this point since they are mostly balanced.

Here's an idea to balance drones and AI-assisted weaponry in general. Limit them to 1 per player, and buff them to be viable at 1 instead of nerfing them because people boat 4 drones or some other bull - thus making 4 the "balanced standard" while making 1 worthless.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Deployables should only have a range of 50m ish and require radio info from the owner to fire. Falcons need a tiny nerf. Also, they should barrel block each other if deployed 2 at a time and possibly shoot fewer shots per volley. Flight height should be reduced by like 2m vertically. Turrets should be taller so they are easier to ram. Missile deployables should get homing missiles with reduced turning. 

A new item should be added to the engineers mechanics faction called RADAR JAMMER: a module similar to the chameleon module. Upon activation emits an EMP in a range of 30m around the module itself that disables turning of wheels/hovers for 0.5 seconds, disables energy weapons for 2 seconds, and 1hit KOs all deployables in the vicinity, including missiles. Also stuns the caucusus for 2 seconds and disables enemy radars for 5 seconds. Has no effect on tracks, legs, unguided missiles, and does not penetrate the barrier ix.

Passive ability of module: increases time to be spotted by 1 second by radars, ai, and homing effects, can not be detected by radar detector.

Cooldown: 15 seconds or the same as aegis prime.

• Upvote 1

I think the nerf of drone can't be done without losing there existence.
I propose 2 news items to go against drones, this way you can fight drones without being OP.

DCA-TYPE1
Automatic Machine Guns

Damage        4/10
Fire rate        7/10
Range           2/10
Accuracy       5/10
Overheat       4/10

Energy drain        3
Power Score        500
Structure             60
Mass                   200
Rarity                  Rare
Automatically attacks enemies drones/turrets/sidekick that are too close to the vehicle.(don't do any damage to vehicle even if bullet touch it)
Crafting
Can be crafted at Engineers HQ.
Required resources
450 Scrap 50 copper
Required parts
3 LM-54 "Chord"
2 Radar small
2 Small wheel ST
Time     
1 Hours

----------------------------------------------------------------

DCA-TYPE2
Automatic Machine Guns

Damage        6/10
Fire rate        5/10
Range           3/10
Accuracy       7/10
Overheat       6/10

Energy drain        4
Power Score        1000
Structure             150
Mass                   700
Rarity                  Epic
Automatically attacks enemies drones/turrets/sidekick that are too close to the vehicle.(don't do any damage to vehicle even if bullet touch it)
Crafting
Can be crafted at Steppenwolfs HQ.
Required resources
250 Scrap 750 Wires 150 copper
Required parts
2 DCA-TYPE1
2 DT Cobra
2 Light generator
Time     
6 Hours

Dumping this because no one would approve it.

Rebalance Cabin Energy

Does anyone else think the previous method of balancing cabin energy was better. With rares being 10 and rarities up and down being +1/-1

Except light cabins had -1 energy and heavier cabins had +1? The current system obsoletes the Wyvern and Trucker cab as well as emphasises all these fast cabins which people still manage to make heavy by bulking up with absurd amounts of armor and tonnage on engines but still move faster than heavy cabins because of the engines and higher speed cap because acceleration isn't that important.

What if energy was simply -1 for light cabins only? Players would still use light cabins regardless of energy because of their profile and their natural speed. While medium cabins like the Wyvern could actually compete with the Growl for +1 energy, while my argument for using the Trucker for this method is that players would naturally choose between a Trucker and Wyvern based on profile and builds.

The current system makes the Growl completely better than the Wyvern in nearly all builds except cannons and turreted cannons where they simply don't care for the Wyvern's poor welding spots, prefer the mass limit and power/acceleration ratio. There is no point to the Wyvern for every other weapon. The Trucker is also naturally disadvantaged to something like the Jawbreaker at -1 energy, but if both were at the same energy one could actually make a choice between the Trucker and Jawbreaker for their profile alone. One can hide components (especially explosive ones!) behind their cabin more effectively than a Growl, which is why something like the Jawbreaker is still popular (not just because of aesthetics!). But this is currently not the case with the Trucker where it has that -1 energy disadvantage pulling it back. If the Jawbreaker and Trucker had the same energy then players would have an actual design choice in their builds! An advantage to larger cabins is that they "soak" explosive damage better with their wide hitboxes - where cannons are most effective at splashing small structural parts in compact designs; a Trucker or Jawbreaker can take the full "pure" damage of a cannon and thus take less actual damage or threat than if they were hit in regions they would prefer not to take damage or provided otherwise more cabin durability.

tl;dr Light Cabins -1 Energy, Medium and Heavy Cabins 0 Energy. Players will always use light cabins regardless because they're fast, players will choose between Medium and Heavy Cabins based on building preferences and aesthetics.