Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

Idea to address the overwhelming force of multiple drones and turrets:

• Reduce drone accuracy according to the number of drones attacking the same target.
    In-universe justification:
    • Drone targeting system depends on action (shooting) and verification (observing successful hits). As multiple drones engage the same target, the violence reduces each drone's ability to discern its hits from other sources. Furthermore, the target-scanning systems of multiple drones interfere with eachother in unpredictable ways, resulting in reduced drone accuracy.

This compensates for the force multiplication traditionally enjoyed by swarms of drones/turrets. As more drones are deployed, their ability to output damage will slightly suffer. They will provide diminishing returns, reducing the effectiveness of drone-spam without reducing individual drones to paper.

With this idea implemented, Sidekicks might justify receiving a buff.

• Upvote 2

Just delete the drone plague already. Last match i played there were more drones than not. I know it not always but enough to make me say screw it cause killing 10 drones equals 0 points and no health left. Bot city is what this game should be renamed to. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

We're going in circles again, but I agree that the solution should be 2 drones per vehicle.  You can then mix and match.  In fact, they could even get a buff after the limitation.

• Upvote 2

Yet another match that I'm utterly decimated by the stealth/drone combos. I'm a level 30 p2 player, so I've been here a while. Ever since the drones and a.i. weapons were introduced they've been abused by lazy, un-creative players. Here are a few ideas I have for them, other than removing them all-together. This applies to ALL AI controlled weapons (sidekicks, turrets, air drones and caucusus (sp?). This is a major problem with the balance and is being taken advantage of even after every effort to nerf them. Every time I'm hit with the drone plague I get closer to uninstalling the game and finding something else to waste time on. It's routine for a AI based player to net 3-4 kills per match, while an experienced player controlled vehicle can only achieve this on rare occasions.

1. Raise power usage for each installed AI weapon.

2. Mandatory drone guidance system that uses power, if blown off, drones become extremely short range or ineffective.

3. Any AI controlled weapon that is destroyed does damage to the carrier. i.e. fuel explosion, batteries, ammo?

4. Limit the number of AI weapons on a vehicle based on type. I believe they were intended to be backup weapons, not the entire build.

5. Reduce the structure of AI weapons (except caucusus) to a very low number (20-25), giving us a chance to destroy them quickly.

6. Bubble shields/stealth will not work with AI builds, call it radio interference or something.

7. Carrying parts, such as the sidekick crate, drone launch pads and turret crates have drastically reduced hp.

8. Turrets, sidekicks and drones must have a "line of sight" with the parent vehicle in order to operate. This would help with players dropping turrets and leaving the area. The AI weapon must always have a line of sight to it's parent vehicle, if not, it will not receive the signal to fire.

• Upvote 3

I tried to make a suggestion, but as it is not approved I think it fits better into this topic anyway:

Title: Please balance AD-12 Falcons

Hi Devs,

Why did I bring this topic up?

I've seen many people in lower PS like 2500-3500 driving around with 3 Falcons and a Duster. If this is only one person you can deal with it normaly. But I've seen clans running 2-4 platoons of this build and totally ruling the game. The strategy is quite simple: Drive to enemy cap with 4 people as fast as possible and then wait and when some poor soul tries to stop the cap, pull out 4*3 Falcons. A friend and I tried to get them but could only beat them in 1 of 6 matches by early intercepting 2 members before they reached cap. So it must be rather frustrating for others, especially starters in that PS region to play against that many drones.

What can be done?

I suggest to implement ONE of the following balance changes:

- Raise AD-12 Falcon to 4 energy
- Apply the same patch as for turrets: half the damage but double the time they fly
- Lower the Dusters energy to 8 like all other white cabins

nerf, Nerf, NERF!!!

As you see I didn't suggest to nerf the damage. I'm using AD-12 Falcons myself sometimes but I think they need some adjustment especially for new players that face them.

Thank you! Regards,

GHad

1 hour ago, GHad_ said:

Drive to enemy cap with 4 people as fast as possible and then wait and when some poor soul tries to stop the cap, pull out 4*3 Falcons

Name a build that isn't gonna absolutely destroy in a 4 on 1 situation.......

This is especially because with the Duster there is no generator needed to get the 9 energy for 3 drones. So you can play at lower PS. A 4 man group with mixed weapons can be dealt with, but you simply don't have a chance versus 12 drones. 

Just wanted to write up my experience here and callout for a solution as I think the situation is a bit unfair.

• Upvote 1

It was mentioned that you don't get points for killing drones because the drones aren't the module, but you get points for destroying the module.

If that's the case, then make it so you don't get destruction points from drones, turrets, etc.  If people want an all-drone build, they simply won't get any points during a match.  They're a support item.  You don't get points for having an engine or a radar, so you shouldn't get points for having drones & turrets.

• Upvote 3

Speed should be based on total mass alone and should NOT respect whatever cabin is being used. Acceleration should account for cabin's inherent power and engine but mass should be the ultimate player in speed. Not the choice of cabin.

It seems silly that despite two builds potentially being the same weight, the choice of the cabin determines your speed limitation much more. Meaning if you were to never go above a certain weight limit on most of your builds you would have a larger incentive to pick the faster cabin (which also likely has more energy).

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 07/02/2018 at 7:36 PM, Egggeneral said:

Speed should be based on total mass alone and should NOT respect whatever cabin is being used. Acceleration should account for cabin's inherent power and engine but mass should be the ultimate player in speed. Not the choice of cabin.

It seems silly that despite two builds potentially being the same weight, the choice of the cabin determines your speed limitation much more. Meaning if you were to never go above a certain weight limit on most of your builds you would have a larger incentive to pick the faster cabin (which also likely has more energy).

Actually.... Mass not affecting top speed is correct.  Aerodynamics, which is not in game, is the factor for top speed.  Mass just is acceleration.

As for the topic.  Noticed some new dumb cabin that fuze drones when you die?  WTF?  Okay.  Maybe drones are fixed and I play again...

Nope says forum

Come on Devs!   Make AI weapons work off a target system similar to missile lock in a flight sim!  It would make such a huge difference for just adding what is essentially an on/off switch!

Well, nothing has changed or improved.  Maybe in a few months will peek back if it is still alive

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this was suggested, didn’t wanna read 13pages lol, but y not split the damage done by multiple ai’s Dropped by the same player? That way when 4 turrets are dropped by 1 player it would still b like taking damage from 1 turret. Have a base damage amount, and split it between each ai. This may help encourage ppl to only USE 1 ai as intended..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/21/2018 at 12:15 AM, Kevhigs said:

This may help encourage ppl to only USE 1 ai as intended..

If that is what was intended, they could limit players to 1.......

On 2018-02-22 at 12:54 PM, scammin said:

If that is what was intended, they could limit players to 1.......

They could, and should, but obviously won’t. Devs have said themselves that’s what they were intended for, yet still won’t put a limit.Here’s another way they could do it.

Pls make scorpion turrets that instantly target generators, fuel barrels, and ammo.

No seriously , I played the drone plague, 16 energy humpies haulin them little devil boxes around. Fuses first coming out, chasin folk around cause they didn't got no machine guns to pop em. Drones are fine now, pending you aren't lugging around a cannon, or rockets, then what did you expect? High alpha weapon against tons of tiny targets, clearly meant for hunting bigger stuff like the folks droppin the kids off at school. Stay near some one with a machine gun. I mean if shotguns were the meta you folks would want a range buff on em to start sniping with the things too.

Edited by Afrozionist
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Afrozionist said:

Pls make scorpion turrets that instantly target generators, fuel barrels, and ammo.

No seriously , I played the drone plague, 16 energy humpies haulin them little devil boxes around. Fuses first coming out, chasin folk around cause they didn't got no machine guns to pop em. Drones are fine now, pending you aren't lugging around a cannon, or rockets, then what did you expect? High alpha weapon against tons of tiny targets, clearly meant for hunting bigger stuff like the folks droppin the kids off at school. Stay near some one with a machine gun. I mean if shotguns were the meta you folks would want a range buff on em to start sniping with the things too.

Lol, your absolutely right, I never really had a prob with all the ai weapons, even befor all the changes to them, as mg’s are my go to weapon and seems like instinct now to immediately target them n they drop like flys. But, u have to admit, it’s a little ridiculous when the opposing team (6plyrs 2bots) has 4 players using all drones n turrets. I dunno bout u, but I play this game to test my metal against other players, not a whole team of ai’s Lol

• Upvote 2

On 2/6/2018 at 7:20 AM, ComradeTiki said:

Idea to address the overwhelming force of multiple drones and turrets:

• Reduce drone accuracy according to the number of drones attacking the same target.
    In-universe justification:
    • Drone targeting system depends on action (shooting) and verification (observing successful hits). As multiple drones engage the same target, the violence reduces each drone's ability to discern its hits from other sources. Furthermore, the target-scanning systems of multiple drones interfere with eachother in unpredictable ways, resulting in reduced drone accuracy.

This compensates for the force multiplication traditionally enjoyed by swarms of drones/turrets. As more drones are deployed, their ability to output damage will slightly suffer. They will provide diminishing returns, reducing the effectiveness of drone-spam without reducing individual drones to paper.

With this idea implemented, Sidekicks might justify receiving a buff.

Someone give this man a medal!!!

Reduce the Abuse of Drones/Turrets, without nerfing the Drones/Turrets into uselessness.   Excellent!!!

• Thanks 1

Currently the flying drones and land turrets do not atack the arrows from phoenix crossbow,that should change and give some purpose to them.

First the drones and turrets should atack any arrows that are stuck in their owner and then protect the teammates also.

The reason why new items and builds (hovers, AI) highly controversial is relatively simple.

Imagine a game of Rock Paper Scissors. The three fight endlessly only losing to themselves or their counter.

Now we introduce a fourth item: Hand. Hand can grab scissors, hold the rock, and crumple the paper. Everyone only throws hand because it can only lose to itself, everyone gets tired and stops playing.

4 options are before us, each with different outcomes and responses from the players. They go in order of effort in the side of the makers form least to most.

1: Hand is removed. Go back to the way things were. Time and resources are lost. Few who are diehard hand fans leave.

2: Hand has its fingers chopped off to nubs. Hand can no longer compete with the majority of other items. Hand becomes a very niche role and the game rarely encounters it any more.

3: Hand has half of its fingers completely removed. It now only wins to some matchups. It is still an oddball and unweildy to use.

4: Fire is introduced. Fire burns the hand on contact, stopping the hand’s rampage. Fire took a lot of time and testing to see what items it won and lost to. Hand players complain about fire yet rock thinks it's fine.

We all know what option the devs took. They didn't want to look like idiots for introducing a terrible idea so they nerfed it into the ground. Option 2 is currently active. We need to restore hand and activate option 4. Adding more stuff is better than tearing the old down.

After all of these changes, the win loss record of players could be reset (closed->open whipe). This would upset many and please about as much. It would allow those to not feel cheated as they cashed in on hand before it got ripped apart.

4 hours ago, EternalGolem said:

the win loss record of players could be reset (closed->open whipe)

Does anybody actually care about their win/loss record?  Hell, do they even track this?  As far as I can tell, I can't find my W/L record on the PS4.

ok,  Drones, I played a lot and now I'm also got sick because of drones, so here are my suggestions 
1 - leave everything as is it is now for drones (damage, speed, accuracy)
2 - make all drones 1 shot 1 kill from any weapons, meaning if you shoot them from machinegun Chord it will die from 1 hit, from the rapier, 1 hit and drone died, etc..

This is ESPECIALLY ridiculous when you trying to shoot self-destruct "Fuze" drones, rly, wtf !!!??? I see a big red barrel on wheels full of explosives and shooting it from any weapon, except a direct hit from a canon(which is not realistic in most cases), can't kill it from a single shot ???? The same problem with flying drones !!!! RLY - the drone is a complex mechanism, 1 shot from any weapon damages its mechanism and drone became uncontrollable, what do we see in Crossout - SUPER drones which could withstand multiple shots from 50mmChrads, from 25mm rapiers, miniguns, etc.. THIS IS NONSENCE !!!! Or "Sidekick" drone - the same problem as with "Fuze" - it can withstand tons of damage from autocannons, miniguns, etc... this is unrealistic and looks ridiculous creepy!!! 

Edited by KanukQC
I think this is more suitable for "Suggestions" thread
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Agreed. Weapons should have their damage ranges (at max. and min. range, for instance) displayed in numbers, as well as other stats (things like cooling time, time to overheat), so players don't have to use the unofficial spreadsheet.

Drones and turrets are dead they nerfed them to the ground, i dont understand how u still crying, i wanna see your reaction when u meet scorpio and cut u in half xD

• Upvote 1