Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

As with some other weapons (personally, the TOW comes to mind), I don't care how powerful the may or may not be, I just hate people who use it. Drones/turrets are one of those weapons, because people can use them as their exclusive weaponry, which means that they do not have to aim, only activate and drive. They are not overpowered in their current state, which is why I don't mind them that much, but when they were overpowered, it was infuriating that some turret-using gopnik could shove four turrets up your arse, drive away, and be rewarded heavily for it.

• Upvote 1

Increase drone range by 10-15% and/or make the AI a bit more aggressive. Most of the time the drones just sit there doing nothing.....wtf?

Screenshot_14.png

• Upvote 2

On 3/20/2018 at 1:31 AM, MMxiter said:

Don't be fully dependant of AI and you won't have trouble with drones maybe?

Usually i run 2 drones and something else cause they help against opposing campers. But if they are gonna be like rubbing against walls and trees they are useless. Also What can be said about drones can also be said about 2 hurricanes or 3 exec or dual Tsunami. Each of these weapons (other than drones) needs aim yes but they all shoot straight or they follow the target so it it's not that hard to miss. Same goes for drones. And users of such weapons all they do is peek-a-boo and they end up with huge advantages over their opponents. Drones kinda alleviate the problem where multiple enemies are hold up in a choke point and just blast anything that comes through. They are not that hard to kill anymore (no more than a cannon able to defend vs missiles). They just need to be less wall huggers and more "go to the enemy". Id prefer if they where at the enemy and the weapon rotated slower(as it did at some point and it was good it gave you time to react) rather than sitting there doing nothing (at least they should work as decoys). I would also welcome a reduction in damage (to 10 per shot from 15 that is currently)... as long as they are active and not idle...

Ok so i had this idea about drones. So they are kinda more different than the rest of the weapons  cause like you spawn them they have health they can move and whatever right. BUT they had times at which they where useless and times that where OP right? What if you turned drones to Instead of a fixed weapon to a modular weapon. It could also be a first attempt (that i know of) in giving the players a way to modifying their weapons according to their play style.

SO: instead of the fix weapon that it is right now it would become a modular weapon that has slots such as Weapon, Body and Battery(for starters) and players would have to craft weapons and bodies(drone specific) and then they would use the fuse UI to create the drone weapon. Now some options for weapons and bodies would be something like the following:

-Weapon Infrared/Em Beacon: A weapon that draws all homing projectiles to it and makes the drone signature visible on the map as as if it where a player. Deals no damage. Energy Req: 5/per second Weight: 500, ps: 250 Hp: 50

-Weapon Machine gun X: A standard weapon that deals average damage per shot(10). The drone will lock the nearest target. Energy Req: 7/per second Weight: 150, ps: blah Hp: 20

-Weapon Laser Y: A weapon that deals low damage per shot(3) but heats up parts.The drone will lock the nearest target. Energy Req: 9/per second Weight: 150, ps: blah Hp: 35

-Weapon MiniDrilly: A weapon that Average Melee dmg. The drone will lock the nearest PLAYER and try to stick to it. Energy Req: blah/per second Weight: blah , ps: blah Hp: blah

-Weapon Peashooter: A weapon that deals a decent amount of damage per shot but modified to be effective against drones. The drone will lock the nearest DRONE and try to Kill it Energy Req: blah Weight: blah , ps: blah Hp: blah

-Body Light: A body part that has low hp and is small but allows for high speed and consumes low power/per second.

-Body Heavy: A body part that has High hp and is Big but slow and consumes average power/per second.

-Body blah: does blah blah.....

-Energy source: Large battery: Provides X energy. Very heavy

-Energy source: Small battery: Provides Y energy. Very light

-Energy source: armored Medium battery: Provides Z energy. Heavy, Provides HP.

At the end you will show the summary of the stats. Each part's Hp will be added to the total of the drone(no collision boxes like the ones player's cars have, just the same way the drone is right now) how long will the drone be out based on energy provided vs consumed per second and anything else. If the idea works, for starters you could replace all the drones with a single drone that is made of different parts(created drones can't be sold(this solves the problem you have with the DBs on you auction house) only drone parts can be sold), flying drones would have flying movement (which could also be a slot or just flying body) and later you could expand it on weapons as well... Imagine the time people would spend on creating their weapons. Feeling Little boy is to weak on HP side? Why not add steel barrel that adds +75Hp, + 300Kg and + 100Ps.

What you guys think??

Edited by Warhog
  • Upvote 2

On 20/10/2017 at 2:51 PM, Shokeus said:

My suggestion :

Fuze , AD12 Falcon , MD-3 Owl : Structure 60 , Energy drain 6

RT anaconda : Structure 100 , Energy drain 6

Sidekick : Structure 80 , Energy drain 6 , damage - 50%

Genesis : Energy drain 4

Deployment time for all drones : -25%

Moving speed for all drones : -25%

Thank

To make it better, Remove All kind of AI-Controlled weapons.

Or make them use 16 points of energy.

• Upvote 1

Can we get a way to create our own drones?

Also a way to manually shoot my drones' weapons or control the drones entirely with limited range. I think making a drone or sidekick actually function as a gun on wheels instead of a small ai partner would benefit using drones to target enemies that are hiding in front of their team without dying. Drones already do this but they tend to switch targets and dive, resulting in death. Also, being able to control when your drones fire their volley will give them more actual usage, not quite aiming their shots, more timing their hots to hit the gas can on a turn or to switch targets to make the most of the deploy time.

Sidekicks already change color to match their player, give them a tiny leviathan slot that can only use 5 parts, upgrade it smoothly from 5 to 7 to 9 at max level. New faction plug opp or steppenwolves improvement? Then add tiny parts that use 1 energy and have less structure that canbe used on big cars too. Give tiny tracks and tiny hovers, 3 diff tiny cabs that can only be used on companions: flying, tracked, and wheeled. Then allow each different energy values: tracked getting the most hp and energy probably 150hp 4 energy, flying hovers get 100hp 3 energy, wheeled get 125hp 3 energy. give rarities and make the weapons count for challenges, purple mini cab can reduce the energy cost of a weapon. Meant to enable the current sidekick spectre model. 

• Upvote 2

I like the concept of these weapons, they make sense, implementation I think could use a little work, instead of being automated perhaps you have a reticle to target enemies within, and the drone/turrets will fire at enemies in reticle. This would greatly reduce the abuse thereof of their autonomy without completely removing their value. The thing I like least about them is their cooldown, honestly, they have a cooldown and then they have a second cooldown which doesn't start until the current lot dies. I'm okay with the concept of not being able to control more than one per module active, but seriously, when one goes down you should be able to pop up the next one, you shouldn't have to wait an eternity (it seems) to drop the next one, especially for turrets which are too easy to destroy and you're constantly putting them up as season requirements. Considering the ammo limitation I honestly don't see how that could do anything but reduce the amount of time players spend -not- engaging the enemy waiting for their turrets/drones etc... to reload. I'd be much more okay with them if they were harder to kill, and did less damage, if you don't want them to be a primary weapon system than this makes only too much sense, make them a support weapon to harry the enemy, provide some area control, give them some damage reduction to certain weapon types making them more vulnerable to others (strong against infinite ammo weapons, weak against anything that requires ammo except other turrets etc...)

It's bad enough that the Devs force us to use thier ridiculous Drone/Turret contraptions to complete Season objectives. The least they could do is program them NOT to blow up thier user. I have been killed twice by my own Anaconda turret. WTF.

On 3/19/2018 at 5:52 PM, Warhog said:

Increase drone range by 10-15% and/or make the AI a bit more aggressive. Most of the time the drones just sit there doing nothing.....wtf?

Screenshot_14.png

Maybe add Drone-range with +20 % and i agree with more aggression AI on them.

• Upvote 2

Just leave drones as they are. Right now, their balance is PERFECT.
I got sidekicked and turreted throughout most of late 2017. I dont want to go back there.
Drones are still useful, but they are not stupid OP anymore.
Obviously a lot of idiots would love totally OP drones, but anyone with a brain who already plays this game for a while, doesnt want to go back to this stupid meta, where 4 drones would kill you in less than 10 seconds.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Some  Ideas for New Drones/Turrets.

1) Thunder Bird:
Is a Flying Drone that Chases the Target you locked on to. And shoots the same thing as a Spark. But it only hits one target. And it only attacks the target you locked on to.

2) Hell Hound:
Is a Wheeled Drone that chases the enemy, and uses a Turreted Version of the Draco. So a Smaller Fire Bug. that uses the Draco attack.

3) Anchor, Or Spike Strip, Or Warden:
Is a Turret, that is armed with a Harpoon. And tries to shoot any enemy is range. If it hits. it will hold on to that enemy. until, the turret is Destroyed, the Tether Brakes, Time runs out for the Turret. Or the target is Destroyed.

4) Cloaking Projectors:
-1- Turret From. Provides a Cloaking field for allies in range. If an ally enters the Field, he gains a Cloaking effect for as long as he remains in range, Does take Damage. Or Until the turret is Destroyed or Time runs out for the Turret.
-2- Wheeled Drone Form. Provides a Cloaking effect for one ally at a time. The ally Must Be targeted and locked on to. In Order for the Drone to chase after the ally and Provide the Cloaking field for them. The ally remains Cloaked. as long as the Drone can remain in range. The ally doesn't take damage. Or Until the Drone is Destroyed or Time runs out for the Drone.

5) Blister:
A Fused Drone that explodes like a Catapult Shot hitting the Ground. Think of this Wheeled Drone, as a Flaming Cocktail instead of a Grenade.

6) Mocking Bird:
-1- Flying Drone Form. with a lot of life. that will stay by your side(well above you). Will Draw the fire from any Drone/Turret Near it. And missiles That are heading towards it And in a Certain range Will change target. to the Mocking Bird drone.

-2-  Wheeled Drone Form. With More life then the Flying drone form. Does the same thing as the Flying drone. But instead of you. it chases allies that you have Locked on to.

-3- Turret Form: With More life then the Wheeled Drone form. Does the same thing as the Flying drone. But in a Bigger area.

On 3/31/2018 at 1:47 PM, KAZASHI said:

Maybe add Drone-range with +20 % and i agree with more aggression AI on them.

Flying/Wheeled Drones need a Good Radar to be effective. Even the Starter Radar part. Increases the Effective range(Both for travel and attacking range) Quite a bit. I recommend. that if you are doing a Drone Build. You have some form of Radar part. Your Cabin's radar is not good enough. this also holds true for the Caucasus auto Turret.

Edit:

Also an allies Radar+ Radio Also Buffs your Drones and Caucasus. As if you had one. that's assuming you are in range to get the Buff from them.

Edited by Eldren24484

On 12/15/2017 at 5:52 AM, Ethijee said:

I have the answer.

Have blue drone users STOP or slow down ALOT before their drones can be deployed. 

Stopping to deploy drones I like.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Hazmat616 said:

Stopping to deploy drones I like.

Would that Be for all Wheel/Flying Drones and Turrets? Or just for Flying Drones?

And if they(The devs) did do this. I can see a Module they may add. Called Pre-start Or Pre-ignition. In where that You don't need to stop to deploy them. Or at least now. You have to be under a Certain Speed to Deploy them. instead of a Full stop. It's Probably not a far fetched Theory. That the Devs may add down the line. A cabin that Buffs Drones/turrets in a way. Maybe it Gives one more use of them. Maybe it would reduce the Cool down time or increase their Life. After all. We have already seen Built in Drones, Modules and Weapons. With the Fire Starter Faction Cabs. So I suspect that more Types of unique cabs will make it in to the game at some point.

They may even add a Module that Makes all your Turrets/drones Cloaked, When activated(Perhaps in a certain range from you). The Drones/turrets would still fallow the same rules as normal Cloaking. So firing, Being damaged, Would uncloak them. And it would only last a Certain amount of time any ways.

By the way. The Devs may want to start adding Hard caps on how much some thing can Be boosted. So for example. lets say there are several things in game. that boost the Cool down time of Drones. in the form of Passive Wheels, Passive Engine, Passive Cab, activatable Module. Passive Upgraded Drones, and Passive Co-driver. ...... All this can seriously Brake Balance as a whole. And Make people Cry out for the Nerf or Ban Hammer. Saying they are OP. When they them selves are not Op alone. But once you add up all the things that buff the Drones. They Become OP. So how do you fix this. Do you Nerf Drones. So people have to take the Buffing parts. to even make the drones worth any thing? Or do you start taking out all the Things you have added. Some may even say. "Stop adding things that Brake the game and make things op". If the Devs still want to Add all these options they want to add. or may like to add. I think at some point. You need to add a Cap on how much some thing can Be Buffed. So this way. players still have the Option to pick, how they want to Buff their parts. But Getting all the Options will no longer Give a Benefit. Or at least. lets say. If you Get a total of 80% Buffing parts. You get a reduced Amount at a certain point. So like 40% is the max Buff with out reduced returns. So after you get 80% worth of Buffs. You only get 50% Because of diminishing returns.

Both of these (diminishing returns And/or Hard cap)make sense For Future balancing. And it also makes sense for physics. There is only so much advancements a Tech can reach in one area or another for it. And if one wants to Get like 80% cool down reduction. They may have to Sacrifice the Max life of the Drones and/or Module. Since the Need to Deploy fast makes it so You can't have as much in the way of the opening. Or you have more fragile parts that are needed to work, to get the desired buff. At least based on physics. If you want the best of 1 thing. You must forgo the Best possible thing in another aspect of the same tech. For example.if you want it smaller and lighter. then it is easier to Brake from wear and tear of daily life. And From Direct damage from enemy attacks.

You guys get the idea.

• Upvote 1

Increase sidekick AI. At the moment they are soo stupid that I die from laughing before they notice and fire at me.

At least simple orders: stay here, chase target A, protect me.

• Upvote 1

Fuze drones need more protection against ramming damage, it is stupid to watch if fuze drone doing only ~2 point damage without explosion. that part need buff. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/27/2018 at 2:17 AM, HotBoyBup said:

Drones, turrents, etc are basically Aim Bots in a multi player game

yeah but at least i cant be called an aimbot when i use turrets. turrets by the way, not turrents.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:17 AM, HotBoyBup said:

Drones, turrents, etc are basically Aim Bots in a multi player game

I agree. How about they make all of them powerful again caucus too but give them all half a bar of accuracy. That way they can support and suppress like they were intended.

• Upvote 1

RC Drone Weapon for Dawn's Children

Hi,

I noticed that Dawn's Children could use more weapons. So, I propose that an RC Drone weapon be manufactured using 2 Synthesis weapons and other parts of the same rarity. The Drone should only hover over the ground and its movement controls should closely resemble that of a vehicle equipt with 4 Icarus VII hovers. Like other drones, it should be able to be destroyed on command.

Parameters (subject to change)

Rarity: Epic
Power Score:1200
Energy Drain: 5 pts.
Durability: 200 pts.
Mass: 300 kg.
Unique Feature: Launches a mobile combat drone that can be controlled for 30 sec.

Front View:

RC Drone Front Perspective .png

Gameplay View:

RC Drone  Gameplay Perspective .png

RC Drone Platform:

RC Drone Platform.png

Alternative RC Drone Design:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c9/a9/d9/c9a9d95790d9388e9e3547787a49619a.jpg 

* Feel free to let me know what you think about this idea. 

Edited by GearShark
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3