Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

I think adjusting the AI aiming for turrets/drones/sidekicks/caucasus/bots so they are not pinpoint accurate. It's one of the most unfair things in game. Just adding more spread might work. No reason bots should have pinpoint accuracy and be given tsunamis, executioners, whirlwinds, ect and fixing the ai aiming I believe covers all AI based weapons. Now with all the crazy **** bots the game is alot less fun. I'm on ps4 and I'll spawn into games with 3 enemy tsunami spiders and get installed killed leaving my spawn if I'm the first in line. Hell I panic and start boosting and fly over the battlefield and get shot out of the air by these monsters. No player in the game has aim that good why should bots? It's at a point where i spawn into matches and hide and try to assess which bots I'm up against looking at ps. Shouldn't be an issue. Love this game and the bots are great but it's the AI aiming that can be pinpoint accurate with a impulse while your cruising by that is disheartening to players. Those things have awful aim and it's pure cheating on the bots part. Get rid of pinpoint accurate AI aiming and give them a decent spread. Make that spread wider at longer ranges. I'm not saying make them terrible but make the less than perfect. Like their ability to assess to situation on the battlefield. The AI is pretty crappy and  AI aim is perfect. Makes no sense. I feel this addresses all things ai related and should be the main focus of balancing AI based weapons/bots.

21 hours ago, Tripp1986 said:

I think adjusting the AI aiming for turrets/drones/sidekicks/caucasus/bots so they are not pinpoint accurate. It's one of the most unfair things in game. Just adding more spread might work. No reason bots should have pinpoint accuracy and be given tsunamis, executioners, whirlwinds, ect and fixing the ai aiming I believe covers all AI based weapons. Now with all the crazy **** bots the game is alot less fun. I'm on ps4 and I'll spawn into games with 3 enemy tsunami spiders and get installed killed leaving my spawn if I'm the first in line. Hell I panic and start boosting and fly over the battlefield and get shot out of the air by these monsters. No player in the game has aim that good why should bots? It's at a point where i spawn into matches and hide and try to assess which bots I'm up against looking at ps. Shouldn't be an issue. Love this game and the bots are great but it's the AI aiming that can be pinpoint accurate with a impulse while your cruising by that is disheartening to players. Those things have awful aim and it's pure cheating on the bots part. Get rid of pinpoint accurate AI aiming and give them a decent spread. Make that spread wider at longer ranges. I'm not saying make them terrible but make the less than perfect. Like their ability to assess to situation on the battlefield. The AI is pretty crappy and  AI aim is perfect. Makes no sense. I feel this addresses all things ai related and should be the main focus of balancing AI based weapons/bots.

Wrong forum mate.. complaining that dual tsunami Hannah got a better build than yours at high ps. belongs in the off topic section.. xD  

• Haha 1

drone idea: escape pod
faction: dawns children

info: a tiny hover drone with a forward facing plasma cannon (slow fire 50 damage per shot)

reason for idea: a drone that is half way between the flying ones and the wheel drones, like the flying ones it hovers over the ground, unlike them it moves like the wheel drones. ITs downside is it must attack head on meaning the drone its self must do a hit and run. And being a hover it is quite weak for a drone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The fuze is not strong..

Keeping the car hidden, the fuze moves to the target, usually takes 5~10 seconds, and is destroyed in 12~8 seconds CD~ movement to make the output lower.
Therefore, it is recommended to move the fuze after 5 seconds to increase the speed or invisible~

Fuze is nothing but ground, slow, low output, high power pyer

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Make the Grenadier 4 blocks tall, as every wheeled drone should be.

Sidekick, fuze and the aegis drones are 4b tall, turrets - 2.

2 hours ago, KrissGO said:

"That's how it was done before" is not a good enough reason to keep doing things the same way.  Rather than increasing the Grenadier, I'd rather see them reduce the height of all purple drones and turrets.  

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2019 at 3:09 PM, KrissGO said:

I believe there might be a change to all drones to be only 2 rows high

3 rows....

it's great to see this discussion still going after 2 yrs ...

I feel like drones are extremely weak at the moment. Consider this situation:

Match is coming to a close, there's one enemy left and he's heavily damaged. I'm the first one that spots him, and he doesn't see me. I'm at full HP (because I've been flanking well and have a couple kills to my name), so I sneak up on him, wait until the very last moment possible, and then press SHIFT. That's it. I won. I was the difference maker in this match. I earned all of those Wires. Oh wait, no I didn't. He shoots down all of my drones with his one remaining LM-54 Chord. ALL OF THEM. WITH. ONE. WHITE. GUN. If I had been using any other weapon, he'd be dead 5 times over. Before people complain about me having "no skill," I've always liked the idea of being a summoner class in any game. When I saw Sliphantom's rant about drones being OP in this game, I thought, "I wanna do that." So I signed on, learned how to play, and eventually ground my way to 4 lovely Falcon drones. Except they suck now after the nerf. THANKS.

Rant over, let's get to fixing drones to make them more viable.

As for DPS, drones are... fine. They shouldn't be DPS monsters that can compete with legendaries and mythics by any stretch, so DPS is fine. What's really wrong with drones is lack of range and HP, and frustrating management of said drones.

My proposal is intended to improve the quality of life for drones, allowing them to serve as proper companions, and having multiple should be just as impactful as any legendary weapon - just not in damage. Damage is fine. Don't change damage.

1. Allow all drone types to remain active indefinitely.
    This is a simple QoL change that allows drone users to have their drones up at the start of a match, and, depending on the build, see those drones active until the end of the game.
  2. Boost survivability by adding HP scaling, but reduce deployment count to make killing drones more rewarding.
    Drones need to be able to survive against most weapons. However, buffing their HP too much can result in fast drone builds being overpowered, but buffing it too little would result in not much difference at all. As a compromise, drone HP will scale with the total HP of your craft - cabin HP as well as the HP of all of your components. The scaling depends on the drone type you want to use:
    -  Fuze Drones: 1% of total vehicle HP
    -  Wheel Drones, Barriers: 5% of total vehicle HP
    -  Flying drones: 10% of total vehicle HP
    -  Turrets: 20% of total vehicle HP

To compare how the new HP scaling will benefit the drones, here's a comparison between a couple of example vehicles:
    - A 2000 total HP cruiser (cabin HP + weapon, wheel, and frame HP) would have 20 HP Fuzes, 100 HP Wheel Drones, 200 HP Flying drones, and 400 HP turrets. It's a sizable HP buff, but these drones will still be one-shotted by a cannon.
    - A 10,000 total HP tracked dreadnought would end up with 100 HP Fuzes, 500 HP Wheel Drones, 1000 HP Flying drones, and 2000 HP turrets. Theoretically, in exchange for slow vehicle speed, your drones can now actually take a beating, which opens up a new class of vehicle to be viable - let's call it CV.

However, such a massive HP boost should come with a nerf to make sure that drone builds can't out-tank most threats. A good place to start would be to cut the base deployment count to 2 from 4. This way, microfactories could actually see use.
  3. Boost the operational range of drones to match that of what a player would see, and allow players to have their own personal armies.
    The range nerf on drones was the final nail in the common for drone viability. Let's pry that nail out by allowing drones to use your team's Radar systems to find and attack enemies. Lack of Radar will use the current attack ranges we have now. Finally, let's allow drone builds the room to actually be able to contribute more things after their drones eventually die by reducing the energy cost of all drone types to 2. This allows current drone builds to "mount proper weapons." or go full capital ship with 10 hard-to-destroy drones.

I know this may be a bit much, but I'm tired of drones not being viable.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

My 20c worth... the grenadier is fine but needs a slower fire rate. It's fire rate is too fast. I'm so glad that grenades no longer stun their victim.

------------------------

So could we get a Drone workshop?  Turrets, wheeled, flying - we get to pick what they get armed with (from the workshop menu) and off you go...

Rare drones can be equipped with either chord or lupara.

Epic drones get weapons like vector, sledgehammers, wasps, fuel barrel, etc. 

You get the picture.  Smart weapons but slow fire rate...

-----------------------

I'd love to see a melee drone - borer's front/back.  Much like a fuse, but melee.  (Maybe legendary?)

-----------------------

Can we get some Cosmetic Kits for Drones?

Sheep = Bah noises
Dolly = Mumma noise
Darlek = Exterminate! noise
Devoted Fan = Shrieking little girl noise (Like at a rock concert)

Mostly audio but with some graphical changes....

----------------------

Yeah, that's about it. Keep up the good work.

Stoopid_noob :crazy:

fuze

Increase the maximum speed and horsepower!
Tired of suspension, easy to dodge,!!!

Driver skills -
fuze-speed increase 15km / h

Fusion - fuze-speed increase 15km / h

The Call - horsepower boost effect fuze

Edited by wiehahuo2

What about introducing a radar jam drone? 1 or 2 energy depending on the range it can work. It would be a counter to radar detector and oculus, jamming their work. Maybe it could also work to block other drones behaviour.

21d03y9.jpg

Edited by epm_nwo

New drone that would boost effectiveness of certain builds and all other drones. 

Anchor drone. Harmless drone equipped with skinner harpoon. Will drive around looking to enemies to attach the harpoon to. Once attached will activate itself and cause the attached vehicle to have its speed reduced by plowing the ground under it. 

The mechanism of slowing down a vehicle will act as if the drone was adding weight to the vehicle (we had this mechanic in old raids, when you picked the crate your care became slower and heavier).

First drone will always decrease max speed and accelleration by 18% of the maximum

Two attached drones will make it drop by 25%

Three attached drones will make it drop by 35%

From this point every next attached drone will make the speed drop by additional 10%

Drone users would be able to stop other drone users with ease by slowing them down

Cost of the drone should be about 3 just all the other drones.

FUZE

FUZE movement speed needs to be improved!
Fuze is not a continuous weapon!
Easy to be lured by others! Can't cause effective damage~
Fuze must be destroyed to fill!
If with v8 + Bigfoot + fuze 12s CD + 30s WT = 42s empty window period
Even fuze death can't hurt anyone!
The enemy does not need to be very fast!
  Icarus or 60km/h
Casual S-type, Z-type turn to dodge

Skilled Icarus can dodge fuze
Even chasing and attacking fuze holders~

A pvp is only 5 minutes~

alance improvement advice
Increase the speed by 10km/h every 5 seconds after placing fuze
Driver skill or  fusion Provide extra speed~

Edited by wiehahuo2
Better lobbying
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Or just use something else that requires more skill than pressing F and driving away. It's a low risk, low reward playstyle - as it should be.

Mix and match, try using a drone as a support for whatever main weapon you use. That's kinda how you were supposed to use them in the first place.

Even at worst the Fuzes act as good distraction. Either the enemy shoots the Fuzes (which means they won't be shooting you or your teammates) or they ignore the Fuzes and risk getting blown up. The "correct" way to use Fuze boats (and other droneboats for that matter) is to not make them the main course of enemy fire. If it's just you and your Fuzes, it's not gonna work. But if you have a teammate there who can aggro the enemy, the Fuzes can then slip past or give your mate some extra headroom depending on who the enemy decides to shoot.

• Upvote 1

In a way, this has been discussed to death, I know- but I really wish there was a "Relic-free" option (other than the "custom" mode), so that I could possibly play PvP under 8K without constantly seeing the all-too-common 2x Scorp/Typhoon hovers or 3x Porc sealclubbers/whales. It sucks to play against them, and it's boring as hell to have them on your team, since they almost inevitably get the lion's share of points with a minimum of effort.

I'm sick to death of Lancelot/Sparkester/Draco-flavored meta, but I can also spot and counter them fairly quickly... they don't inspire the feeling of "JFC Not this again" that Relic builds at PS they shouldn't be do.

How does one preserve freedom of build creativity and playstyle, while also not letting jaded rich kids ruin the game for the rest? Obviously not an easy question. But there's gotta be something. A steady drop in the overall number of existing/new players is far more likely to bury Crossout for good, than sucking up to whales and sunk-cost complainers will keep Crossout afloat.

As a sidenote: all the detailed discussions and databases concerning efficient grinding and crafting parts are lost on me.. the new storyline mode is OK, but becomes tedious quickly.  Anything other than playing PvP and selling wires/scrap to save for trying out new parts or weapons is just too wearying for me personally. I enjoy tinkering with builds and PvP... I'm old, I grew up thinking of combat-themed video games as a way to both relax and get the adrenaline flowing, not as something that should require a lot of time and thought in aspects that are not related directly to the gameplay experience... "Well, to craft this part, you need x amounts of batteries and plastic and copper and wires and coupons and these other parts. In order to get those things, you need to play these certain game modes and win x number of times for x resource, blah blah blah blah..." Really? While you go ahead and do all that, I'll go sort my socks by thickness, less boring and time-consuming. Or maybe just stick to wires or scrap on PvP.

Just my take on things, folks- don't take anything personally (unless you're one of those damn whale sealclubber cretins; then by all means take it personally)!

On 2019/7/22 at AM6點55分, Spedemix said:

Or just use something else that requires more skill than pressing F and driving away. It's a low risk, low reward playstyle - as it should be.

Mix and match, try using a drone as a support for whatever main weapon you use. That's kinda how you were supposed to use them in the first place.

Even at worst the Fuzes act as good distraction. Either the enemy shoots the Fuzes (which means they won't be shooting you or your teammates) or they ignore the Fuzes and risk getting blown up. The "correct" way to use Fuze boats (and other droneboats for that matter) is to not make them the main course of enemy fire. If it's just you and your Fuzes, it's not gonna work. But if you have a teammate there who can aggro the enemy, the Fuzes can then slip past or give your mate some extra headroom depending on who the enemy decides to shoot.

FUZE 

4 power damage 135, basic ammunition 4 , CDTime 20s

Icarus can easily evade FUZE and chase my car!
Icarus maximum speed 60KM/H?
Pursuit I am 100KM/H car~

Icarus doesn't even have to run in the opposite direction of fuze~
As long as the small s type advances, you can avoid the front fuze and chase me~
What is the risk of Icarus?? 

FUZE hides and presses F?
Ammunition has restrictions, competition time,
FUZE CD time, FUZE moving time

FUZE's maximum chase needs to be within 200m to chase the enemy!

How long does it take FUZE to move to 200M enemies? 12s
V8CD 12s +200m move 12s =24s 

Improve the speed of fuze and improve the effective attack on Icarus~

If fuze increases the movement speed by 30%,
200m~16m/s to 200~20m/s
Original 12s upgrade 9s

v8Cd 13s+ 200m move  9s = 22s
Original 24s upgrade 22s

But Icarus can't easily dodge or even ignore fuze!!
Fuze can still be destroyed!

Is Icarus too strong? Improve fuze movement speed!
Speed up does not affect 'tracks, mechanical legs~
They couldn’t do like Icarus dodge and ignore fuze

Edited by wiehahuo2
Better lobbying
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

How many meters to place FUZE from Icarus, the highest chance of hit?
200M
100M
10M
1M
The answer is the same 0%

Sandwich fuze!!!!
I bumped Icarus and placed fuze,
Place fuze through Icarus,
The chance of fuze hit is 0%

Triangle sandwich fuze!!!!
I placed fuze from the side collision Icarus
'Place fuze after crossing Icarus,
Turn 90 degrees 'place fuze
The chance of fuze hit is 0%

And can chase me!

screenshot-190818-143415.jpg

0.png

dont know if this suggestion already suggested...i didnt read the whole conversation but here

New drone idea : Bird eye :flight:

im suggesting this drone to help mandrake / incinerator to get a better target. this flying drone flies  more higher than other drones. no weapons on it but it has a scope that user can enter a bird eye view for a short time.But enemies can shoot down the drone just like other

On 10/20/2017 at 6:04 AM, lsabeIla said:

I'd go as far as to restrict 2 drone modules per build. Devs own words; they are not meant to be main weapon. Also I personally do not see room for auto aim in any shooter game.
Or you could just remove them and compensate players who have them.

that's not a bad idea however limitations have been suggested in many other circumstances...

Like with lances, Aegis Prime ( before they got nerfed to hell)

there are quite a few others which I have forgotten about....

Apparently you could use many engines when Crossout first came out of PC as well.... 

Quite a few players have expressed upset and huge amounts of discontent towards any idea of limitation towards this game...

Even with weapon tier limitations depending on powerscore to help prevent seal clubbing...

I find it very interesting how suddenly limitations are being approved.....

Some might say that due to how Over Powered porcupines are, maybe there should be a huge limitation on those aswell.... like use 2 at the most..

Although that's going off topic I think you can see my point but fair play to the 18+ likes!

If there was going to be a limitation on grenaders then maybe it should be based on how many people can use them in a group...

That way 4 players using 12 grenaders in 1 match willl be prevented....

In fact maybe the same thing should apply with all weapons on crossout....

or with epics, legendary and relics at the very least...

that would be much better than a nerf....

Edited by HammeredByNature

I think drones in general should start to have more of a support role. So the "No Skill" Factor is no longer an issue. One of my ideas for a drone is an EMP drone. Similar to the Fuze drone, but anything in explosion radius is stunned for 3 seconds. Drone does 20 damage in AOE upon explosion. I know it has been discussed as a module.. but i can see that being too overpowered and hard to balance. Another idea for a drone is a repair turret. I know repairing has been worked on and The devs are working on a way to possibly incorporate it. The healing turret would cost 3 energy and would heal your build 15 HP every second for up to 15 seconds of deployed time. The healing turret could also heal allies (only healing lowest HP player in area). Another idea i had about drones is a decloaking drone. When deployed you can see an outline of cloaked enemies. when they are in certain range it will decloak them. Thats about all i have to say about drone suggestions.

Hey, this thread was started in 2017. Its almost 2020 now, and drones are still an issue. Any match I go into is filled with drones. Each team always has 1-3 drone spammers. Sidekick drones, grenadier drones, and fuze drones. They are small, annoying, powerful, autoaiming, fast moving, armored targets that come in groups of 2-4, and require the lowest amount of effort/skill possible to use. Low effort and high reward, something that should not be in a game. At least chop their armor in half. Drones themselves actually MORE ARMOR than the actual guns that are mounted to the drones. I have to focus on a drone and shoot at it longer than I have to shoot at a real gun mounted to a players vehicle. Its insane.

Should I just go buy 4 drones so I can start spamming them to grind easy resources too?

Flying drones are balanced by their very low armor and can be shot down by a few machinegun bullets, or wiped out all at once with a single cannon shot. Turrets are balanced by thier stationary nature. Wheeled drones are the issue.

Edited by Crunk_Prime

1 hour ago, Crunk_Prime said:

Hey, this thread was started in 2017. Its almost 2020 now, and drones are still an issue. Any match I go into is filled with drones. Each team always has 1-3 drone spammers. Sidekick drones, grenadier drones, and fuze drones. They are small, annoying, powerful, autoaiming, fast moving, armored targets that come in groups of 2-4, and require the lowest amount of effort/skill possible to use. Low effort and high reward, something that should not be in a game. At least chop their armor in half. Drones themselves actually MORE ARMOR than the actual guns that are mounted to the drones. I have to focus on a drone and shoot at it longer than I have to shoot at a real gun mounted to a players vehicle. Its insane.

Should I just go buy 4 drones so I can start spamming them to grind easy resources too?

Flying drones are balanced by their very low armor and can be shot down by a few machinegun bullets, or wiped out all at once with a single cannon shot. Turrets are balanced by thier stationary nature. Wheeled drones are the issue.

Bull hockey! Lowest skill??? Like ramming your lances into  a guy while cloaked? Like wedging a guy so he is defenseless again from cloak? Like sniping the guy from across the map with your Dual Executioner Hovercraft? Like Spark Harvesting a guy again from cloak? Like Scorpion a guy again from across the map on your Hovercraft from 500 meters away? Like a face full of Goblins undermounted or not again from cloak? Or put those Goblins between some Goliath?

Stop playing glass cannons and switch to MG's or SG's and maybe the Drone users will retire them! This weekend it was Machine Guns all over the map and my Falcons would only last seconds. It was glorious to have my weapons continuously blasted out of the sky and having to fight for every kill and out flank enemy and work very hard to just to score 40 points. So easy my backside! Then today, it is right back to Glass Cannons everywhere and Hovercraft filling the skies. Well my Falcons love chewing up Glass Cannons and Hovercraft. So keep it up and I will too!

Force me to stop playing Falcons. You all brought this on yourselves and still will not change your vehicles to the battlefield and want things changed so you can keep playing your precious Glass Cannons! Stop whining and force us to put our Drones away on the battlefield!

This a worn out discussion already! We have beaten it to death! Yes the Grenade Drones are pretty OP, will probably be so for another 6 months. They have Fuse Drone pathfinding instead of Sidekick pathfinding and it was intentional. If I spent real money on the pack, then the dang weapons better be OP for a good while, at least until I buy the next pack. But, I don't buy packs and Falcons do ok against these Grenade Drones and then I remember how good they are against Glass Cannons and Hovercraft and things squeezed between Goliath treads.

Sorry to go off on you, but I am sick of this continued discussion about some Rare and Epic weapons that are weak to machine guns and shotguns while I have to fight Legendary weapons and some Relics with just my 3 Rare weapons. You want Drones to stop, then stop them with your weapons and your vehicle. Get some Armor and some Hit Scan Weapons and make us regret playing Drones.

Peace

PS I forgot undermount Crickets and Hurricanes and Spiders, such skill to blast enemy while they have zero chance at taking your weapons and don't get me started on all the Green Fire everywhere.

Edited by LordTutor
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

It has become my purpose in Crossout to ruin the game for drone users, because when they first came out (new weapon=OP), they ruined the game for me and made me stop playing for years.

I use 3 Equalizers + 1 Aurora. And, thankfully, it works very well now with all flying drones and stationary turrets. Sidekicks and Grenadiers present slightly more of a challenge, but are still manageable.

The one that still ruins my day is the Fuze drone. They just do not die quickly enough and the third one in a row usually hits and cripples me. Even when I switch out one Equalizer for an Arbiter. Also I find myself completely unable to protect my teammates from them, since they are harder to hit when they are not moving towards me.

I get why there need to be low skill weapons.

I do not understand why some of them still outclass weapons that require more skill to use.

I do not like it, but I accept the fact, that my weapons are at best mediocre against other builds. The only thing my build is supposed to excell at, is to protect me and my team from drones and I can not do that.

Edited by Kopfman_2731
spelling