Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

I am sorry that you have to deal with a bad connection all the time.

But the introduction of drones made me quit the game for two years. And, in fact, I am just about to quit the game again, because of them.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kopfman_2731 said:

I am sorry that you have to deal with a bad connection all the time.

But the introduction of drones made me quit the game for two years. And, in fact, I am just about to quit the game again, because of them.

bye

• Haha 1

How very helpful, thank you.

But seriously: They say there is a counter to everything. I assumed miniguns + aurora is the ideal counter to drones, but that does not seem to be true.

How do you counter drones?

1 hour ago, Kopfman_2731 said:

But seriously: They say there is a counter to everything. I assumed miniguns + aurora is the ideal counter to drones, but that does not seem to be true.

Wedge them from Cloak and blast them with 3 Fafnir. Tusk Booster ram them from Cloak. Dual Executioner Hover. Scorpion Hover and take out their frames, Goblins between Goliath, Spark Harvester from cloak or no cloak. Fire. Mandrake. Other Drones or Turrets. Clarinet Tow from distance until they lose wheels and die. Under mounted Crickets or Wasps. Spider Cannons.

Team work. 

• Like 1

Faction Steppenwolf: 

this is a Army Class Faction so Drones should be in there use call it Falcon this does not fly over head the user but instead hovers over a enemy head  the only way to get it off is if a teammate destroys it like the C-4 off the crossbow

#lovefuzedrones :wub:

They need more blast damage and explosive damage, and a skinner & cloak :cool:

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2019 at 7:58 AM, Kopfman_2731 said:

Torrents is the counter to drones the ground torrents target air drones first 

• Haha 1

My ideas for some drones...

-Mandrake Drone

-Flamethrower Drone

-Cyclone Drone

-Drone that releases other drones so you can drone while you drone

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

The only one that is good from that list is flamethrower.

Would be nice to have a firestarters drone.

Imagine a purple drone that is lighter then others only having 75 HP but is faster and armed with a flamethrower and shivs. dealing contact damage and trying to heat up builds. Not something for its direct damage but instead its area damage.

I would also reduce fuzes to blue with a slight damage reduction and add a purple version that does fire damage.

• Haha 1

dear devs plz add drones for every weapon type so i can only use drones because they are lots of fun and i dont have to worry about aiming and just drive around for fun i like that alot and its really cool pls add some more okay

• Haha 1

Grenadiers are too tough.  They need a lot less Durability, armor, or whatever.  As long as they can be killed with Machineguns.  Compared with other drones, turrets, and even Impulse, this is the main thing that makes them too hard to deal with:  They're almost indestructable.

I'd like to have a Melee Drone.  I'm thinking something like the Manhacks from Halflife.  A single Hover engine with whirling blades that damage about like Buzz-saws.  Honestly, you could just wrap 2 counter-rotating buzz-saw blades around a central Hover engine, and give it very simple AI.  "Give us a kiss!"

Slightly tougher than other Areal drones, a lot more mobile (Meaning they don't just hover over their launcher) and maybe a different shape?  Instead of the usual box, or square base, I'm thinking a tall round vertical tube (It only mounts vertically) like 4 of the Drum Quarters put together.  Or, the same footprint as the Manhole Cover.  In fact, I would probably put a hinged Manhole Cover on top as a hatch.

I'd call them Berserkers, or another name could be Scimitar.  Cossack?  3 Energy Cost, same as Falcon drones.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Haha 1

Hi there,

I have planned to write here for long time, so I'm here to suggest something important (my oppinion).
I believe Crossout is an aiming, shooting game. Drones are automatic (no aiming, no shooting - very accurate!!!), the players only have to drive around like a car race driver.
Unfair, irritating. 

Under 2500PS you can put 3 drones and a lot armor, easily destroy 2-4 enemies in one round.

My suggestion is:
• increase drone powerscore in order to deploy maximum 2 under 2500PS (best)
OR
• decrease attack radius
OR
• decrease damage

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DronesForKids said:

My suggestion is:
• increase drone powerscore in order to deploy maximum 2 under 2500PS (best)

Energy Cost would make more sense.  4 autonomous vehicles, with wheels, a machinegun, targeting system and (Very crude) AI for 4 Energy, or an Autocannon.  It's not a real tough choice, especially when you compare a Sidekick to a Joule on the market.

Let alone a Grenadier.  5 Energy for Wheeled Drones would put them in line with a Whirlwind, or Executioner (At the upward limit)  You could only have 3 of them, ever, unless they come out with a 13 Energy cabin, or 5 Energy (Relic) Generator.  Even that would only get you 1 more Drone.

Also, Power Score is utterly failing as a limiting mechanic.  It's far too easy to exploit.  In fact, it's the most common exploit, and has been, across Metas.  Energy Cost is a hard cap.  Power Score is one of the softest.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 2

Power Score is utterly failing as a limiting mechanic.  It's far too easy to exploit.

That is because it doesn't include energy. 

Are we bumping up the owl drones. is this a tired old nerf thread from people who don't own any of them and want a cheap advantage. Seems to me to be a whole bushel of sour grapes.

14 hours ago, BeepBeepImaSheep said:

Are we bumping up the owl drones?

I don't have a problem with Flying Drones, they stay out of the way.  Then again, I'm not a "Hammer them into the ground" Nerf supporter for anything.  I like minor incremental adjustments, so you don't over compensate, then have to Buff/Nerf/Buff/Nerf until you're reasonably close.  Just like Chemistry, or handloading.

My main problem with wheeled drones is they get in the way, when there's too many in play at once.  Even the "Friendly" ones can flip you over.  

Edited by psiberzerker

Grenadier drones:

Significantly reduce drone HP, as these have way too much health for the damage output. Sometimes, shooting a drone with cannons won't even kill it, which is insane!

• Upvote 4

Bomber drone "Eagle"

Basically a US-Airforce MQ-9 "Reaper" UAV.

You lock an enemy as a target and launch the drone, which will then chase the target and deliver a payload of 2 HE bombs. Then it returns to you to rearm.

It uses 4 energy, is of epic rarity and craftable in the Steppenwolfs faction. It has ammunition for a set amount of flights, given it isn't shot down. If it is shot down it will crash and the module will become inactive. However, shooting it down is quite difficult, because the drone is quite speedy. To return to you, the drone will approach your vehicle and slowly circle over it, before disappearing and spawning back in on the launching module.

What do you think of this idea?

1280px-MQ-9_Reaper_UAV_(cropped).jpg

On 12/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, TrackedCat said:

Grenadier drones:

Significantly reduce drone HP, as these have way too much health for the damage output. Sometimes, shooting a drone with cannons won't even kill it, which is insane!

^This.

Also a Shield Drone, like Barrier IX, but mobile (With the same de derpy derp te duhn AI as any other bots)  For 6 Energy.

Edited by psiberzerker

Hello, there!

Can we please get a decoy/illusion drone, that can take resemblance of the player's build itself (if not, a random craft) using holographic projections, to create a diversion?

If yes, can you please improve the Oculus vi module so that it can also distinguish between a real craft and a decoy?

Some recommended features for the drone are-
01. One module per craft
02. Enemy will NOT take any damage when the drone explodes
03. The position of drone within the hologram region will be the same as the module's position in the craft
04. Point no. 3 suggests the drone to be a quad-copter that can fly at varieties of heights, which will also make it compatible with hover builds
05. The drone can be shot through the hologram, but the accuracy is likely to be less as its location is unknown
06. It will NOT be able to capture base even if it camps, but however, enemy siren will go off and enemy will see that their base is getting captured(it's a diversion after all)
07. There will be firing animations for holographic weapons, so that it almost appears as if the drone is engaging enemies
08. Just like other drones, it will get destroyed immediately after destruction of its module or player's craft
09. When the drone is about to run out of time/charge/fuel, it shows red flare as if it's about to self-destruct
10. The drone can also perfectly replicate the effects of stealth mode, and unlike real crafts, decoy crafts will not have any tyre marks
11. Neutrino scope will mark the drone as weakness point instead of explosive parts.

p.s. IDK if someone had already made a similar suggestion. Anyway, thank you for reading this long post  ( :

Hey Droners! Play Need For Speed instead of this game. If you like driving without aiming and shooting, this game is definitely not yours!
Hey creators! Think, and don't allow 3 drones under 2500PS!

• Upvote 1

I don't know enough about drones yet to say for/against anything yet.

But I do support the idea you should get bonus xp for killing drones, mines, turrets and any nonvehicle targets.. hell even missles too!

Mind you there could be medals/rewards counting off for any/all of those seperately:

"Anti-Personnel" ~ Kill 10 non-vehicle objects. (Then 25, 50, 75, 100, and so on.)

Edited by WingsOfSteel