Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, gromulator said:

Make a Purple Drone controller  that allows to launch more than 2. And costs 1 energy.

I kinda like this idea

But i was thinking more along the lines of this

Drones are unable to be equipped to any vehicle without a blue (rare)  Drone controller and the 100% damage buff gets removed

this module will add the ability to equip 2 drones to a vehicle and cost 3 energy .. 

then a Purple controller will give the ability to equip 3 drones  but cost 4 energy with the epic perk adding back the 100% buff

Edited by Guest

People will use AI cap until nerfed to the ground. High damage, lack of aim and high mobility don't have tradeoffs and have no counter while usen in mass.

The ice on the cake is certainly no reward for destroying it.

MGs build arn't intersting to use: even after spending a whole game to successfully defend canon/rockets ect... teammates from those garbages, you wille be greatly rewarded by pityful reward.

Its time for game designer to justify his pay: this game isn't on alpha anymore..

• Upvote 5

Hier sind nicht zufällig Leute die einen Hover haben die Drohne nicht mögen?Ihr habt Vorteile ohne ende und braucht im Prinzip nur feuern.Und nun kommen euch die Drohnen Entgegen und ballern euch weck da geht das Geheule los.Sowas nennt man Taktik denn ihr habt den Vorteil euch schnell zu Verpissen.Ich habe alle meine Drohnen Aufgewertet,bezahlst du mir die tausend +Coins zurück?Da werden mal eben die Drohnen verändert toll.Coins verschenkt,DANKE.Monate lang hat es keinen Interessiert erst jetzt wo der Hover kam.was wollt ihr ein Cheat Fahrzeug?Wenn man den Drohnen von 3 auf 4 Energie Punkte anheben tut sollte der Schaden größer werden oder die abwehr oder oder oder.Aber da es eh KEINE Balance im Spiel zu seinen scheint machen die eh was sie wollen mit dem Game.Bestimmt kommen bald Flugzeuge damit man den Autos noch mehr Vorteile hat.Ich rege mich wirklich auf denn ich bekomme meine Coins NICHT wieder.Stellt euch mal vor die 70 Euro für ein Hover bezahlt haben müssen ab morgen Räder haben weil die Düsen aus dem Spiel verschwunden sind?70 Euro in den Müll geworfen habe ich Recht?Gruß

• Sad 1

Sidekicks still have the 100% damage boost... which should have never happened they already have a purple weapon strapped to them what else?! 

Reduce the damage to how it was before I had no problem with them. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

What's the motivation to use drones and why don't people just shoot them down?

1)   Drones are popular due to their low risk ability to farm experience.

2)   It's not rewarding to kill drones/turrets.

My suggestion is to grant experience for killing drones; which would make using them more risky to use, because everyone is now fighting to take the little suckers out for more rewards. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Dark__Blade__PS4 said:

What's the motivation to use drones and why don't people just shoot them down?

1)   Drones are popular due to their low risk ability to farm experience.

2)   It's not rewarding to kill drones/turrets.

My suggestion is to grant experience for killing drones; which would make using them more risky to use, because everyone is now fighting to take the little suckers out for more rewards. 

Exactly.

Simple and clear.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Here is pathetic state of this game at low PS:

screenshot-171022-064959.thumb.jpg.23860

I was doing hard season and since i have only 1 blue machine gun it was at low PS.

I had only 3 guys except me normal people in my team... Now imagine wave of 8x wheeled drones (fuze and sidekicks from those TAW5 clan-mates).

HE HAD NO CHANCE!!!

p.s. that's why i hate playing anything bellow 9000 PS.... 

p.p.s. i had basic blueprint Workhorse with uninstalled car jack and 1x chord and added 1x Vector + 1x Falcon - this is pretty much new player build. Now try to imagine his feelings for 1 second :003j: Gaijin should resolve that! Unless they want to stay alive in this business...

Update: Just noticed. Guys, look at MatchMaker PS disbalance :D All problems in this game at 1 match. Awesome!

Edited by TommySharks
  • Upvote 3

How this even possible? I was biggest PS in my team and 6 of 8 enemies was ahead of me (2 bots was with tremendous lead of +1100PS)....

p.s. Wait, we had Kenneth bot with 2821 PS!!! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!! :D

Edited by TommySharks
  • Haha 1

On 20/10/2017 at 12:14 PM, Mraevn said:

So I decided to open this Topic where all of your suggestions can go. It will save us all alot of time, as we won't have to go through individual suggestions to approve them,

Sidekicks got a ridiculous 100% damage buff.

Do we really need suggestions on how to fix them when we already know what caused the problem?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, EhWhatOldBean said:

Sidekicks got a ridiculous 100% damage buff.

Do we really need suggestions on how to fix them when we already know what caused the problem?

A  tanky drone that does little dmg can be op if you ignore it :005j:

Edited by howardxu23

Sidekick: Decrease the damage and movement speed by about 10% And then decrease their accuracy greatly. Their ability to hit the cabin of a vehicle that is running away with most of the cabin hidden behind armour is just insane. Also, make sure to improve their AI and make them avoid friendly vehicles. I'm often lining up a cannon shot and just as I'm about to fire, a friendly drone just rams me and pushes me away. Other times a friendly drone drives under my vehicle and I lose balance and get flipped. Or when driving a light vehicle on a runaway a drone rams me and forces me to change trajectory, often ruining a safe escape.

Fuze: Although still a bit annoying, the fuzes are fine as they are now. The problem is with the inconsistency of the damage. If you manage to fix the way exlosives work, then I would suggest lowering their overall damage a bit.

Falcon Attack Drone: Compared to the Sidekicks, they get far less use nowadays for obvious reasons. But when used, they can still be annoying. My suggestion is the following: The faster the drone (and its carrier) is moving, the less accurate the drone is. This fixes the problem of a fast build, often on hovers, running around in circles and dealing incredible damage while avoiding taking any itself. And still lets the drone stay an effective support weapon.

Owl Missile Drone: This one has a very niche use and is not really effective compared to other drones. But it's more or less fine as it is now. But you should improve its aiming AI so it does not hit the owner as much or disable the self damage unless it's an explosion damage that has also hit an enemy. (So it has a close range drawback, same as the other explosive weapons.)

Cobra Defense Turret:  These can get really annoying when used in great numbers, but there's nothing about them that would really require a serious adjustment. Perhaps let allies pass over them more easily or make them non-solid for allies for the first 2 seconds after deployment so players have time to adjust their planned path.

Anaconda Rocket Turret: I love using these! They are more or less the same as the Owl missile drone. And the same suggestion would apply. Just because they don't get much use does not mean they are really that bad. Most players just don't know about them or don't know how to make a good use of them. I'd suggest that outside of the aiming/self damage improvements, you should leave them as they are. Especially to avoid a possible OP boost that would make them overused and later targeted by nerfs and hate.

The Barrier: Not sure this should even be here, but the game has it under the same weapon category, so whatever. It's an interesting device but with the module size, extremely long reload time and a high cost of 4 points of energy, it's no wonder the only time I've seen it in battle was the time I was testing it myself. I would suggest lowering its reload time significantly AND/OR lowering it's energy use to 3 points.

• Upvote 3

This game is hopeless unless automatic weapons deals 60% less than manual ones.

Each game is drone battle again. Watching TV is more active.

• Upvote 6

Drones are just ultimate farming tool. Even when devs completely balance them with other weapons sidekick will always excel them because of safety nature...

Edited by TommySharks
  • Upvote 1

So how long until they nerf the side kick damage? I'm abusing how OP they are with my hover 3 side kick build. Just 3 side kicks at 7.7K PS and I'm getting 2-4 kills per game. It's that easy. Why do they take forever to apply a hotfix to a mess. Come on Devs, are you waiting for the game to die?

• Like 2

Allow just 1 AI controlled modul per build (Drones, Caucasus,...)

Make Sidekicks purple

Reduce significant side and foreward acceleration of Hover builds and flying things like attack drones

• Upvote 2

drones, turrets = support weapon

machine guns, cannons, plasma etc. = main weapon

Its simple. You can't carry only support weapon.

On car:

support weapon PS <=  main weapon PS (if support PS > main PS its not support!)

I.e. if u carry 2 sidekicks (PS=1480) u must have any combination of cannons, mg, etc. PS => 1480

If you don't meet the conditions, you don't enter the battle.

BTW. I first meet with the game where cheating (aimbots) is legal.

@TommySharks

I also met a clans (or group) of 4 droners. Now it's new very popular method. Successfully ruined subsequent battles. I note nicknames such clans / players (sorry "legal cheaters") and as I see them in the game I go out into the garage. I also go out to the garage if I see 3-4 droners on the team. I will not feed for 12 bots. I want to play with humans in PVP (I remind the developers PVP means players vs players!!!)

Edited by Stasheq
  • Upvote 6

The most accurate deployable should be (in order of most to least)

Turret  (Fixed, stable)

Hover  (Stable)

Drones (moving, unstable)

I would advocate that all drones should require extra radio power (using up cabin energy) in modules with long antenna on them, which would control the drones outside the basic range of their control.  Nomads could have the radio for these,  and the colour of the radio booster would improve the signal.  

This way the drone users get a choice, either max out the drones and have them stay close to the vehicle; or drop some modules but have them roaming further away. 

So sorry, I didn't notice this topic in my recent response. 

I don't think drones only vs drones is a good fix. It ruins the whole rock paper scissors aspect to the game. For instance, I love coming across boat AI deployers with machine gun/shotgun type(ish) builds. They just don't stand a chance. But, if I'm doing a cannon or unguided rocket challenge, there is just no way if they can outrun me. It would be nice to have some sort of temporary EMP module or something. Even that is boarderline OP against them. After all, they are a defensless ship waiting to get destroyed without them. 

I feel like they are the biggest inconvenience for slow firing high power builds, as they should. The problem is the quantity of players with AI based builds it seems. If people keep having AI builds left and right without nerfs against them, we need a somewhat cheap anti AI defensive for cannon builds and such. 

That's where the EMP module comes in to play. I just think that sounds too OP. I think the best option is to have a module that is like an EMP, but just for yourself. Like a chameleon that only affects you, but only makes you undetectable by AI for a short period that doesn't get disrupted by firing or taking damge for cheap energy. 

I think the module could work well for everyone if balanced right. Say an enemy deploys his 4 fuzes. You were right next to him and a second later you activate your module, so closer to the same time. The module activation lifetime could last a third of an AI's lifetime. So still 2/3 of the time you are unprotected, but that is plenty of time to destroy or escape. Say the bot never gets you and blows up from it's lifespan cap. The amount of time until they can deploy again would be about the time you can hit your cheap module again. I think that would be helpful. A legendary Spark isn't the best defense for the community as a whole, especially for new dudes which would probably quit pretty quick. And without new dudes, no more new old dudes XP Gotta expand the community.

Regardless, something has probably gotta change. It honestly doesn't bother me a whole lot, but there are just so many voices of the many that hate it too much.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Project_Sparker said:

So sorry, I didn't notice this topic in my recent response. 

I don't think drones only vs drones is a good fix. It ruins the whole rock paper scissors aspect to the game. For instance, I love coming across boat AI deployers with machine gun/shotgun type(ish) builds. They just don't stand a chance.

You're fun, homie :002:

Yes, MG is great against those little freaks but i wonder how you will manage with x8+ at same time xDDD

Even if you manage i bet your cabin will exhaust huge clouds of black smoke and in 12 secs you will have to deal with another wave. I guess you realize what will happen next :D

Edited by TommySharks
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

A single sidekick drone can do more damage than 2 equalizer machine guns. By time you finish shooting down a swarm of drones from a single player your car is already chewed to pieces. They can also chase after my fast melee car with the quantum cabin and Improved Engine, making them near impossible to lose. They move way to fast.

Even at 7000PS I still see teams of drone carriers with a mix of sidekicks and fuse drones just destroying almost everyone they go up against. Its even worse when they are hovercrafts, and just drop all their drones and race to the other side of the map where its safe.

For instance look at this doofus. I consistently see him at 7000PS range. All he does is drive around with sidekick drones, release them all, cloak and hide. Gets several kills almost every match for doing literally nothing. Quality game balance.

drone carriers.jpg

Edited by Crunk_Prime
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Here's a different idea.

Change the targeting of the AD12-Falcon, DT-Cobra, and Sidekick to the closest part of an enemy build. In other words, make it so these machine gun deployables aren't only shooting at the cabin. Similar to how the Spark III targets enemy parts.

This would give players more of a fighting chance when surrounded by drones/turrets instead of the 3-5 seconds we currently have.

:fighter_light:

:burned:

Edited by _xXAngryNuNXx
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, _xXAngryNuNXx said:

Here's a different idea.

Change the targeting of the AD12-Falcon, DT-Cobra, and Sidekick to the closest part of an enemy build. In other words, make it so these machine gun deployables aren't only shooting at the cabin. Similar to how the Spark III targets enemy parts.

This would give players more of a fighting chance when surrounded by drones/turrets instead of the 3-5 seconds we currently have.

:fighter_light:

:burned:

I think that is a bad idea for the turrets. They're on the ground, closest things to them are wheels and the like. That would be a nightmare. 

• Thanks 2

I've a differnet idea.

Give Drones a chance to BUG,  get Mad style, for let's say 10%,     and attack their launcher.

Edited by gromulator
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Project_Sparker said:

I think that is a bad idea for the turrets. They're on the ground, closest things to them are wheels and the like. That would be a nightmare. 

Point taken. Would that be worse than being destroyed though? Even if you lose wheels, or tracks you may still be able to fight. How about instead of the closest enemy part, the turrets/drones shoot parts at random which may include the cabin.