Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

All Players must do three things at the same time: drive, aim and shoot

Players who use Sidekick drone/Fuze drone/AD-12 Falcon drone/MD-3 Owl drone/Caucasus machine gun/DT Cobra turret/RT Anaconda turret must only drive.

My suggestion:

One player can drop only one Sidekick/Fuze/AD-12 Falcon/MD-3 at a time. When he does, he will start control this drones  - like when you fire up Clarinet TOW. But! at the same time player lost control of his vehicle. There should be an option to quickly destroy a dron on demand.

The same applies to the turrets. But in this case you can allow to drop (only one at a time) the turret and get away before start control it (of course if it is not destroyed).

Caucasus should be changed to manually controlled machine gun. If it should stand out above others, maybe he could show the weak spots (like Neutrino visor) but only when you are close to the enemy.

If someone ask: "How to explain this change to the community?"

In the post-apocalyptic world, weapons controlled by artificial intelligence is too dangerous for the survivors.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Sidekicks roaming free is the main problem, I see people deploy them then run back to safety and/or get invisible while I with flying drones has to be near the target and I am basically marked so no point going invisible.
I would like the flyers to be somewhat mobile, just to be slightly harder to shoot. Not sure about length in this game but say in a 20m circle? About the size of the garage maybe. Still rather easy to guess where the driver is if he/she goes invisible but not for sure.

The sidekicks should behave the same, if you run away they run away.

I would also like to see some module that enable their deploy time to be enhanced, not by much but maybe 25% rare and 40% unique?

• Sad 1

On 10/21/2017 at 9:28 PM, xxFAIRxx said:

Hier sind nicht zufällig Leute die einen Hover haben die Drohne nicht mögen?Ihr habt Vorteile ohne ende und braucht im Prinzip nur feuern.Und nun kommen euch die Drohnen Entgegen und ballern euch weck da geht das Geheule los.Sowas nennt man Taktik denn ihr habt den Vorteil euch schnell zu Verpissen.Ich habe alle meine Drohnen Aufgewertet,bezahlst du mir die tausend +Coins zurück?Da werden mal eben die Drohnen verändert toll.Coins verschenkt,DANKE.Monate lang hat es keinen Interessiert erst jetzt wo der Hover kam.was wollt ihr ein Cheat Fahrzeug?Wenn man den Drohnen von 3 auf 4 Energie Punkte anheben tut sollte der Schaden größer werden oder die abwehr oder oder oder.Aber da es eh KEINE Balance im Spiel zu seinen scheint machen die eh was sie wollen mit dem Game.Bestimmt kommen bald Flugzeuge damit man den Autos noch mehr Vorteile hat.Ich rege mich wirklich auf denn ich bekomme meine Coins NICHT wieder.Stellt euch mal vor die 70 Euro für ein Hover bezahlt haben müssen ab morgen Räder haben weil die Düsen aus dem Spiel verschwunden sind?70 Euro in den Müll geworfen habe ich Recht?Gruß

Try English?

• Upvote 1

But, why do we want to keep them in the first place? Why do we want AI controlled BOTS auto shooting? When did this become a thing, id understand in a space game, on spaceships with auto turrets, but in an Arena shooter? to have so many Auto shooting, auto AI controlled BOTS. Why?

We already have bots that spawn in with us, that's enough AI in PVP. 

Edited by RockPigeon
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 10/20/2017 at 9:13 AM, A1doz said:

Oh yes. Well I only agree this should be on the FUZE Drone structure as its literally a moving bomb.

I think he means the launcher similar to ammo crates.

It's a giant cluster @#$% of automated fighting at all PS.

Lets see the amount of Automation we have going on.

1 - AI bots spawn in a PVP arena why is this even a thing? Don't start a match until 8v8 has been matched - Keep the bots for the starting players, tutorial levels. 

2- Sidekicks Automatically seek targets

3- Fuse drones Automatically seek targets

4- Auto turrets of a few different kinds you can deploy to auto shoot for you.

5- Auto flying drones that attack for you, with a few variations types

6- Caucasus auto firing turret

7- Auto guided homing rockets 

Then you throw in Hooovers and you have a giant pinball machine for gameplay. I played Crossout for about 2 weeks before Dawns children came out, i remember giving the game on steam a positive. The gameplay was amazing the way i remember it, how did you guys get so bored that quickly that you asked for hovers? Still in beta and we start throwing in hovers? That's something you would expect from a game that has been around the block a few times and needs to spice things up a little. Nope. Straight to hovers and automatically dominated game play. What?

Then to top it off , you have stacked group teams vsing solo qued players of which i can only assume is because of the lack of players why else would you put them in the same pool, guess what the organized opposition is running? Hovers and Sidekick boats while the rest of your team are using littleboys on wheels. Yeah, nah, that won't keep the players around. 

I originally thought the scrap metal cap was a bad thing, then i realized thank god for the scrap metal cap, you would have guys with hundreds of thousands free gifted metal by just dominating lobbies with hovers and sidekicks with a stacked group.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, RockPigeon said:

It's a giant cluster @#$% of automated fighting at all PS.

Lets see the amount of Automation we have going on.

1 - AI bots spawn in a PVP arena why is this even a thing? Don't start a match until 8v8 has been matched - Keep the bots for the starting players, tutorial levels. 

2- Sidekicks Automatically seek targets

3- Fuse drones Automatically seek targets

4- Auto turrets of a few different kinds you can deploy to auto shoot for you.

5- Auto flying drones that attack for you, with a few variations types

6- Caucasus auto firing turret

7- Auto guided homing rockets 

Then you throw in Hooovers and you have a giant pinball machine for gameplay. I played Crossout for about 2 weeks before Dawns children came out, i remember giving the game on steam a positive. The gameplay was amazing the way i remember it, how did you guys get so bored that quickly that you asked for hovers? Still in beta and we start throwing in hovers? That's something you would expect from a game that has been around the block a few times and needs to spice things up a little. Nope. Straight to hovers and automatically dominated game play. What?

Then to top it off , you have stacked group teams vsing solo qued players of which i can only assume is because of the lack of players why else would you put them in the same pool, guess what the organized opposition is running? Hovers and Sidekick boats while the rest of your team are using littleboys on wheels. Yeah, nah, that won't keep the players around. 

I originally thought the scrap metal cap was a bad thing, then i realized thank god for the scrap metal cap, you would have guys with hundreds of thousands free gifted metal by just dominating lobbies with hovers and sidekicks with a stacked group.

If you thought it was fun just before dawn children, you would have loved the OBT launch when there were not many drones, sidekicks didnt have the 100% damage boost and fuze had never been heard of.  It was absolutely glorious fun.  The game has only ever gotten worse.  From launch to now, it has never once gotten better.

Exception sorta is the TOW nerf.  Only cause it was oneshotting newbs.  But even then, it was on par with just removing the tow from game.

Edited by Vaporisor
  • Upvote 2

Since there's plenty of decent feedback and suggestions in here already (and I hope the devs would take it into consideration soon), I'll just drop a little QoL improvement request:

Make it so your own drone's HUD arrows (the ones that hover over them in-game) are green. So we could distinguish our own bots from the rest. And please pair that with the earlier request for a general colour change of enemy drones on the mini-map (to orange-ish for example).

(Little extra on FUZE drones: give them a warm-up. A few extra seconds after spawning during which they can't blow up even if in contact with an enemy. Should bring balance by giving players a better chance to respond and shoot them down if they have decent reaction time.)

• Upvote 1

So here is my second idea, since there just seems to be plenty of rage:

since devs are not gonna put a limited on drones and for some reason some people think having a limiter will make drones madatory(they will still consume energy, so no teiple exe or super heavy dual turret cannon or highly efficient machine/shotgun builds cause less energy to spend on modules), I decided to use the exponential energy concept, as explained:

So the first sidekick drone when places consumes only 2 energy. The 2nd sidekick however consumes 5 energy, so bringing it up to 7, 3rd drone will consume 6 energy, brining the energy usage up to 13(equivalent to trucker and heavy gen) there will be no 4th cause it will consume 7 energy and there is no 20 energy combinations currently :p 

The only problem I see with this is how to code the energy scaling from no. Of drones on vehicle.

hope it helps :)

Edited by howardxu23
  • Upvote 1

All the drone and turret modules should be explosive just like the Genesis. Lets be honest there is more reward in using drones and turrets then risk but making them explode would remove some of the benefit of solely relying on the AI

The Fuse and Owl both need a weight gain to be inline with the Anacaonda

• Upvote 2

Instead of constant nerfing and changing drones ... maybe this would reduce drone boats

reduce xp gain and no fuel/scrap/wires for drone boats .

1 drone gets you fuel etc

more than 1 gets you no rewards

problem solved :D

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

Dont worry guys, with the new changes to cabin energy, fast light cars will be able to field more drones than ever. Win win right?

I am not sure about more drones but for light cars even 1 sidekick will be pretty much annoying...

We will see what happen. It is really depends how big will be difference in armor amounts between cabin classes.

• Upvote 2

Drone Countermeasure?

A module/weapon we can either lob like a grenade, or drop like a turret that sets off an EMP charge that will destroy all drones in an expanding/instant bubble of about 20? meters. 

edit: This will make a nice Dawn's Children addition. It should also be able to use Genesis microfactory.

Edited by *GameflowPRO
  • Upvote 1

I'm so tired to face storm of drones... I think in this topic there are a lot of good ideas, but, please. DO SOMETHING. 

Reduce them in number.
As flying drones must be open on top for relase, the side where the wheeled ones exit must be EXPOSE or drones can't exit.
A radar and a radio must be needed. Without the drones can be used, but they shoot only at very close distance, (near point blank)
Every drone relased in the team need a radio band. When too much drones are relased, comunications become impossible. Drones become erratic, and do random action.
Reduce drones max distance from the player
Reduce drones damage
Make them easy visible on map with a different color (and the arrow on the head must be same color)
Make the drone destruction do some damage to the owner. if he launch something like 16 drones, and all drones will be shot... he will take a lot of damage.

Chose what and how many patches apply but, please, patch drones. Game is now REALLY BORING!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I see an open slot above the Lunatic Faction. The new faction could bring in a drone counter or more. I listed some ideas below.

1) Rare Shot Gun: Does double to non-players.

2) Epic Monster Truck Wheels: Extra large spiked wheels that crush Turrets and Wheeled Drones under its massive ties and can drive up and over an enemy vehicle ramming Airborne Drones. 

3) Legendary Nuclear Rocket. Unguided Rocket that does area of effect damage sufficient to kill any deployables within a sizable blast zone.

Any suggestions?

Way too much damages!

a signe drone volley deal as much damage as a x3 syth volley. (synth as the most powerful aim dependant rare weapon)

at the same PS its 3 syth vs 3 drones.

Drones deals 75% too much damages.

Add to this that a standard destroyed weapon don't come back after few second.

Edited by MMxiter
  • Upvote 2

It's not the damage though,  It's the frequency and their exponential effectiveness in numbers.  Stop saying it's the damage because that is not the issue. 

Think of it this way, I'm going to exaggerate to magnify the effect. 

Lets say hypothetically.

1 Sidekick does 50 damage per second.

That is not the same as..!!

50 Sidekicks doing 1 damage per second. 

Both do 50 damage per second. However.

You can kill a single Sidekick pretty easy, right? Maybe you miss once, maybe you one shot it each time depending on your skill in aiming.

But it will take you a while to kill 50 Sidekicks, a lot of ammo and time later, by the time you finish killing them all, the other team has capped the base 2 times over. And you cant exactly ignore them can you. 

Both have the same DPS output, only the second method is fragmented into 50 individual Sidekicks. This simple concept is called power in numbers, this is why even if you are the mighty hulk good luck trying to kill a million humans coming at you at once. You have no chance. Now given that i have exaggerated this out of proportion to what we have now, the concept is the same. 

When we come back to reality, we are dealing with 3 or 4 Sidekicks per player ( if they are dirty enough to use apollo )

Add in multiple players using Sidekicks we kind of have the same effect happening but at a much smaller scale. 

The only way to cure this monstrosity is to completely abandon the love affair people have with using AI automatically controlled drones in huge numbers, anything more than 1 is simply not acceptable in a PvP Arena shooter. 

1 simple pathetic Sidekick is mounted with a Spectre, that damage is not scary. You are afraid of them continually coming at you, wave after wave, even though you have already killed 3-4 of them, you lose this fight of attrition the longer the boat is driving around the map mindlessly keeping you distracted enough, so the other players can lay into you. 

Edited by RockPigeon
  • Upvote 5

Sidekicks wouldn't be the main focus if it wouldn't be such damaging.

It should be damaging if you ignore them during a whole lifetime.

Fast mobile droners should be outdpsed if caugt instead of what you have now: being forced to always focus indepedant drones (i'm fine with low HP flyingdrones) even whe the carrier is immobilized to not die instantly.

Its insane damages is what makes them such viable as primary weapon while its supposed to be a support weapon, to support builds with specific aimig without messing up the aim. (like fixed canon/rockets/madrake ones)

Ever tried to used this build with MG? aiming sucks because of specific ballistics. Thats what autoaim weapons are supposed to be for.

1 hour ago, RockPigeon said:

1 simple pathetic Sidekick is mounted with a Spectre, that damage is not scary.

it is for a blue weapons that deals as much dps than 3 other ones.

That's not even mentioning the autoaim nature.

spectre is just a skin, not a damage data. Remember the damage buff? it wasn't vercor skin before.

Lowering overall sideckicks/turrets damges would give more time for the whole team to destroy them before 1 or 2 guys dies in seconds.

Sidekicks damages and all deployables drones range/carrier mobility are the main issues. Sideckis were somewhat fine before the stupid damage buff.

Edited by MMxiter

Please re-read my most. You are missing the point entirely. 

Out of my entire post, you cherry pick 1 line and then just completely go on a tangent dismissing everything else. You didn't even read my post or you did not conceptually understand the point i was trying to make, or else you would not have replied with what you wrote. 

How does reducing their damage make them faster to kill? What? That is HP related.

Edited by RockPigeon
  • Upvote 1

Just like everyone else, you are failing to understand the cause of your death. You are not dying because of Sidekick damage. You are dying because 3 of them are circling around you while you are taking damage from other players potentially ( you are also taking damage from the sidekicks, but their damage output is peanuts if you fight them one by one ) then 30 seconds later, you do the same thing over and over the entire round. The damage is only dangerous because of the amount of them. What is so hard to understand? 

Edited by RockPigeon
  • Upvote 2

one volley of  1 sidekicks deals as much as 1 little boy shell, but it sheds armor even deeper because of concentrated damages and have better rate of fire.

I don't know any builds able to hold 3-4 little boys.

mass drones would be less lethat because your team would have more time to destroy them before losing firepower (vehicle destruction) It would be distraction, but player would have the choice to ignore them a moment and destroy opposition/get cover instead of instadeath we have now.

Reducing numbers would force people using something else, but they will still make equiping 1-2 drones mandatory because of its stupid dps superior to most others weapons.

you prefer fighting 15 guys equipped 2 drones with 200dps each and an other weapon or 2-3 guys with 3-4 drones dealing 75dps each and others guys using others stuffs?

Edited by MMxiter
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to multiple post.

The only way to fix Sidekicks is to limit their number to 1 per player. 

This is not limiting players creativity, its called keeping the balance of power equalized. There is nothing creative about hundreds of people driving around the map in cookie cutter drone boats automatically kiting, damaging, buying time. . 

There are so many cool ideas been given to make drones a proper support role. Make them bigger,  Give them something special so people have a reason to use them to support. Cloak detection, resupply ammo to nearby players. Different drones with different mounted weapons. 

Just limit their spam and you will see happy players.

Edited by RockPigeon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6