Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

I just had another idea to limit wheeled drones spam.

Make the drone deployer 5x5x5 instead 4x4x4. Maybe this is not sufficent if alone, but I think it's a step in the direction. Especially if added to a weight increase.

I am ok with the spam but i got a better idea, just add a new bar , a processing power bar that gives u points likethe energy points that u need for drones and any AI weapon. So just special cabins will be able to carry drones...... (more than one )

So , i got some stats for the amount of P.P.:

Guerrila - no PP

Huntsman-no PP and so on for common cabins

Jawbreaker-2 PP, but the other rares just one PP

And the epic ones 3 PP for the Humpi and 4 for the Quantum

Is quite obvious why jawbreaker and quantum have more pp , anyway

Adding a module that gives PP(1 for rare and 2 for epic) that uses 2/3 energy and max one per car ... and if it's shot down the box of the drone is offline (the certain one that uses the additional pp)

And the drones will need pp to work.... as follows

Sidekick.....1pp , Attack drone .... 1pp , Turret .... 1pp, Fuse... 3pp , Attack drone with rockets ... 2pp , rocket turret.....2pp,The force field drone ... 3pp.....

I know that now u think that u can have 6 sidekicks but the energy points say no... this means no more drones in low ps because low ps can't have drones ... the droners i see use a rare cabin (max) and 3 drones ....

They won't be able anymore if this idea will happen (rare =max 2 drones =3)

Drones will not ever go away, so quit crying for it. They've obviously spent far too much time and money to implement them into the game, so the only logical thing to do is to try to balance them. There have already been hundreds of suggestions on how to do this, so it's up to the Dev's to just plod through them all, and find the best solution. They've made their bed, now they have to lie in it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, VooDoo_G5 said:

Drones will not ever go away, so quit crying for it. They've obviously spent far too much time and money to implement them into the game, so the only logical thing to do is to try to balance them. There have already been hundreds of suggestions on how to do this, so it's up to the Dev's to just plod through them all, and find the best solution. They've made their bed, now they have to lie in it.

I kinda believe in everything you said apart from "drones will not go away". Though you may be correct for now, its in their best interest to do the right thing. Just because they have put money and development into something doesnt make it immune to banishment, especially inside a beta. It can happen.

The issue is deeper than mearly Sidekick balance. Its the philosophy behind having AI automation in a PvP arena shooter. You simply will not grow players with those sort of mechanics. Impossible in a shooter, you will bleed players till the game runs out player injection. 

Automation needs to be slowly phased out of the game from now on. One tweak at a time. I dont know how the players allowed them to release so much AI controlled weaponry in the first place. Its kinda our fault in a way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Hey Devs. Can we just have a rework of all drones to be remote controlled first person view weapons instead.

This change would make using drones:

1) Be way more fun and engaging then the current style of press 5 and hide. 

2) Different way of playing the game. You can be a scout either on ground or airborne. Be more tactical in when to deploy and use your drone for attacking. 

3) Balanced as only one is controlled by a player at a time and will fit into the support weapon type it should be. Since its not possible to spam all at once this will always restrict the number of drones you face. No more drone swarms. Plus drone user vehicle is defenseless while using his drones. 

4) Have new support drones one example are recon drones that you can fly and paint targets on the map for your team to see somewhat like how Battlefield does it. 

5) Even using Fuze drones will be more fun for us kamikaze thrill seekers. Missile drones will be a blast to use. Flying RPGs. 

In summary this will make it more balance and get rid of drone swarms while keeping drones in game but making them more fun, functional and skillful weapons they should be.

NO MORE AUTO AIMBOT WEAPONS IN A PVP GAME. 

This is partly why your bleeding so many players and it's really sad to see this game in this state. Do the right thing team come on!

Edited by NamelesxKing
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Make it so that if the drone is a certain distance away it will stop moving and shooting. So now instead of deploying a lot and running away you have to chase your drones around. So naturally the more you have the harder it will be.

How about just changing the way sidekick drones are deployed? I mean for attack drones you can't have anything above the deploying platform otherwise they won't deploy. Same thing with sidekicks, depending on the direction the launcher is facing that side cannot be covered with armor, otherwise it won't deploy. That way sidekick launchers will be exposed, to the enemy fire and easier to destroy. It also makes sense realistically, since it wouldn't go through parts like it's magic or something. Similar thing could be done with turrets.

• Upvote 3

I've read some ideas, with the common idea of decrease DPS or drone deployed, in which I propose the decrease in damage(and/or health?) with each additional deployer though I don't know if it should stack with all drones equipped or stack differently on each drone type.

With a little testing and some math I think these numbers seem fair as well as discourage using the drones as a main weapon while still keeping them with their current DPS to possibly still act as a effective support weapon.

I think this nerf should only be applied on Sidekicks(obviously) because of Falcon being more of a brawler-esque drone with its inaccuracy and its placement being dependent on the vehicle.

(I also only added Falcon just because it also has a similar DPS)

1 Falcon/Attack Drone  32 BaseDPS
1 Sidekick   32-48 BaseDPS

(BaseDPS values based on frequent appearances)

calculating minimal DPS range with -15% with each additional deployer
2 Falcon/SK

32 * 0.85 or 32 - 15% = 27.2 NewBaseDPS
27.2 * 2 = 54.4 potential DPS

3 Falcon/SK

32 - 30% = 22.4 NewBaseDPS
22.4 * 3 = 67.2 potential DPS

4 Falcon/SK 

32 - 45% = 17.6 NewBaseDPS
17.6 * 4 = 70.4 potential DPS

calculating minimal DPS range with -20% with each additional deployer

(anymore than this will make it possibly useless stacking)
2 Falcon/SK

32 * 0.8 or 32 - 20% = 25.6 NewBaseDPS
25.6 * 2 = 51.2 potential DPS

3 Falcon/SK

32 - 40% = 19.2 NewBaseDPS
19.2 * 3 = 57.6 potential DPS

4 Falcon/SK 

32 - 60% = 12.8 NewBaseDPS
12.8 * 4 = 51.2 potential DPS

I mean many games do the "more but weaker" or "fewer but stronger" sort of thing.

• Upvote 1

My opinion stays that its not the damage output that people have issue with. This is not what frustrates the player. 

You are being suffocated by AI android bots circling you, who are not player controlled. The frequency and amount of spam is why people dont like them. Think about how many sidekicks you have shot down.. they are weak, its easy when 1 is coming at you by itself. Good luck when you have 3 or 4 circling around you with the enemy focusing you down. While your trying to PvP you have bots ripping you apart with the person who launched them on the other side of the map. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, RockPigeon said:

Good luck when you have 3 or 4 circling around you with the enemy focusing you down. 

Sometime are 8 or more....

First of all, my idea of a balanced drone that drones belong to smart devices should be limited to 1, but in order to be interesting, to become LOL-like medium-sized soldier-like physique, add command patterns, issue command-specific behaviors mode. In order to operate directly in the field

Edited by Alicia_Lee

On 11/2/2017 at 7:58 PM, RockPigeon said:

Just because they have put money and development into something doesnt make it immune to banishment, especially inside a beta. It can happen.

How correct you are!! The utter complacency in games these days is horrible. People think that just because a mechanic is introduced into a game, and worked hard on, it will never be removed.
Developers (good Devs) actually listen to their communities and make whatever changes are demanded by the majority of their player base.

A multiplayer game is only as fun and friendly as the community that plays said game.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet...but have you all thought about adding some kind of a jammer, that you can add to your vehicle that makes drones that get too close go haywire? Maybe you could add the ability to the powerful radar or add a new epic radio that has 4 changes you can use when you get swarmed by drones. I like drones, but they seriously take over the game if 2-3 oponents have a bunch of them

Just a thought. 

• Upvote 2

I have an idea concerning those Drones issue, i read that Drones were supposed to be a support weapon and not a primary weapon. Therefor, my suggestion could get players to use them as Support instead, and it's actually to reduce considerably the damage the Drones do with how many Drones are on the build. Ex: 1 drone = normal damage, 2 Drones = 25% damage reduced, 3 Drones 45-50% reduced ect.. This could actually work. people wouldn't use them as primary weapons but more likely to have only 1 because having more wouldnt 'be an advantage. Let me know what you think about that. 

• Upvote 2

I just did a test.

2 Sidekicks Vs. 8x4 frame, Humpback cabin, 4 Truck Doors, 6 APC Panel 1, 3 Hard Modules, 1 Gun Tower, 4 APC Panel 2, 1 Narrow Wing = 2019 total structure

Results: The 2 Sidekicks destroyed the vehicle before they ran out of time on their first charge. That's equivalent to about 4 shots, without Perk, from a Mammoth legendary cannon. Except autoaiming, independent, mobile, roaming.

They're simply far too efficient, especially at low PS, where no one is going to remotely have 2000 structure but can easily have 2 Sidekicks.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Marauder_Shields said:

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet...but have you all thought about adding some kind of a jammer, that you can add to your vehicle that makes drones that get too close go haywire? Maybe you could add the ability to the powerful radar or add a new epic radio that has 4 changes you can use when you get swarmed by drones. I like drones, but they seriously take over the game if 2-3 oponents have a bunch of them

Just a thought. 

There isnt enough energy on cabins to run the weapons you want (more s with cabin changes), adding another weapon/hardware that should cost energy isnt going to work.

Edited by SoulPlay
  • Upvote 2

It's my first post here so be gentle with me ok? :-) Love the game, I seem to like building more than playing battles, but I gotta get those resources, so to battle. I don't mind losing to a better player, or, if I make a stupid mistake I'm punished with a return to the garage and no booty....but to loose constantly to some skill-less troll using drones because, y'know that's what everyone else is doing, well that just sucks.

So I had a thought..in fact I had a couple, and my logic was thus...

The drone cannot carry all the electronics itself, that would be a pure waste of materials, so the command board must be in the drone hangar, or the drone would not die when its hangar gets destroyed, so there must be a radio link from the hangar to the drone.

With me so far?

Ok, make a jammer. It could cost 1 power point, and be blue, activating the jammer kills radio signals on the enemy frequency for a set period, then it has a cooldown, just like any weapon. It does not destroy the drone, it just imobilises it for a set number of seconds.This means no nerf to drones as carrying a jammer is a players option.

Maybe a purple jammer could have a greater range or longer time active?

Ok so it means the Devs have to work a bit including such a gizzmo into the game, but hey! they spend too much time drinking coffee anyway. :D

(Maybe I'm not the first with this suggestion, but the links to this subject on google are many.)

Edited by chippy_lw
addition.
  • Upvote 1

On 04/11/2017 at 11:06 PM, Marauder_Shields said:

Just a thought. 

Had the same thought myself, didn't see your posting. But that's two of us had the same idea.

:001:

Hundreds of thoughts and ideas on how to reign in the drone spam. Let's remember one thing: Sidekick drones were here for a while, and there wasn't this much vitriol about em. Some players dropped em, others destroyed or ignored em. There just weren't as many players utilizing them back then. Then the DEV's decided to buff their DAMAGE OUTPUT BY 100%. Like more DPM than the full-sized gun that is mounted on them. Now we see hordes of them on the field, stripping our HP faster than we can react. What did they think would happen?

Then, the Fuze drone was introduced. Insta-kill swarms. And we laughed, and laughed...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

just limit them to maximum 1 on a car.

• Upvote 3

Sidekicks: Be around the driver, problem solved. Firmly 5m out on that side they are facing. Like flying ones now

Flying drones: Make them move  around to be slightly harder to hit and makes it a bit easier to place the drones so they don't fire on me or the other drones. 

• Upvote 1

I'd also like some way to end the lifespan of drones/turrets early with a self-destruct so you can get them on cooldown faster.

one by cabin its the key fast and easy they get back to support role. use ur main weapon and a pet like drone to support.

and maybe let the drone stay active all time and when its destroyed let you deploy and other.:002j:

• Upvote 1