Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

just bumping this, Tired of being killed by drones and not even seeing the actual player. we had a group today that killed drone after drone and we still lost. Enough of this **** already. They are OP'd and need to have a radius that they have to stay in. Not drop your drone and run to the other side of the map, wait and repeat. If I have to stand and fight, so should the drone spawner. Your gonna start losing players as they get tired or killing drones for no points. Im close. I like the game and I have donated monies (RL) to make sure it goes, but this is getting stupid

• Upvote 5

We need a 'heavy drone/turret' option.

* Heavy Turret: 4 energy, 100 structure, mounts an Executioner
* Heavy Turret 4 energy, 100 structure, mounts a Pyre
* Heavy Hover drone, 5 energy, 100 structure, mounts a Hurricane
* Heavy Hover Drone, 4 energy, 100 structure, mounts an Equalizer

*Heavy Sidekick Drone, 5 energy 100 structure, mounts a Reaper

I think the community overwhelmingly loves drones. Everyone is using them and it's easy to see from reading the general chat that most, if not all, of the players want bigger, more powerful, more deadly drones and turrets running around the battlefield destroying everything in their path.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, okie73 said:

We need a 'heavy drone/turret' option.

* Heavy Turret: 4 energy, 100 structure, mounts an Executioner
* Heavy Turret 4 energy, 100 structure, mounts a Pyre
* Heavy Hover drone, 5 energy, 100 structure, mounts a Hurricane
* Heavy Hover Drone, 4 energy, 100 structure, mounts an Equalizer

*Heavy Sidekick Drone, 5 energy 100 structure, mounts a Reaper

I think the community overwhelmingly loves drones. Everyone is using them and it's easy to see from reading the general chat that most, if not all, of the players want bigger, more powerful, more deadly drones and turrets running around the battlefield destroying everything in their path.

People don't use drones because they likes it, they uses it because it don't requires any effort and are way too much effective.

Edited by MMxiter

This Game is really nice. But I cannot understand why people play with drones (sidekick). Playing with Sidekick is really boring. Just stand still press "F" and hide for a few seconds then drive 100meters and press "F" again. That´s it. 

Sidekick should be a support weapon that drives around you. 

• Thanks 1

In my opinion, the solution to the question of drones (and other AI weapons, including Caucasus) is to make it possible to put only one in each vehicle, like the engines for example.

Explanation:

In doing so, it is no longer possible for players to build vehicles with only AI-controlled weapons, which makes it necessary for the player to get your hands dirty and not just running and hiding.

Some are radical and want the total eradication of weapons controlled by AI... I think the limitation to only one would be the fairest to do. NO MORE AI-CONTROLLED WEAPONS SPAM! But you can still see them in the game. 

Problem solved!

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, FL4KBR_ECHO1 said:

In my opinion, the solution to the question of drones (and other AI weapons, including Caucasus) is to make it possible to put only one in each vehicle, like the engines for example.

Explanation:

In doing so, it is no longer possible for players to build vehicles with only AI-controlled weapons, which makes it necessary for the player to get your hands dirty and not just running and hiding.

Some are radical and want the total eradication of weapons controlled by AI... I think the limitation to only one would be the fairest to do. NO MORE AI-CONTROLLED WEAPONS SPAM! But you can still see them in the game. 

Problem solved!

Or make it apply to sidekicks only, since it seems to be the source of all ai weapon problems. And increase sidekick structure to 150, revert the 100%dmg buff and rebuff it so it matches/slightly lower than vector dps, and reduce energy cost to 2. To compensate the loss of a swam potential.

also make it stay around forever till it is shot dead(gives 20 points per drone death), before going on cooldown.

1 hour ago, howardxu23 said:

Or make it apply to sidekicks only, since it seems to be the source of all ai weapon problems

drone spam existed before the infamous 100% dmg buff for sidekicks, and it'll exist even if they get nerfed.  If it only applied to sidekicks, people would just go straight back to using flying drones (not like they ever stopped), along with turrets, fuze, and caucasus.  The problem isn't isolated to sidekicks, it's an issue of being able to spam anything that is a force multiplier and is more effective than actual player-controlled weapons. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ch33f said:

drone spam existed before the infamous 100% dmg buff for sidekicks, and it'll exist even if they get nerfed.  If it only applied to sidekicks, people would just go straight back to using flying drones (not like they ever stopped), along with turrets, fuze, and caucasus.  The problem isn't isolated to sidekicks, it's an issue of being able to spam anything that is a force multiplier and is more effective than actual player-controlled weapons. 

Flying drones is weak, more or less stationary above the vehicle and more than 3 and they shoot them self (or me). 

49 minutes ago, Hoggaforfan said:

Flying drones is weak, more or less stationary above the vehicle and more than 3 and they shoot them self (or me). 

Even if you think they are weak / strong. Why do we have AI automatically aimed weapons? We should be the one executing the damage. We already have turrets and caucuses, sidekicks, fuses, ai bots spawning in our pvp matches. What other grey areas are there, homing missles are auto locking but at least you need to aim them and people have 2 ways to evade them easy but they are still automatic, you also have spark which automatically aims in a cone, you cannot control what it targets.

Why all this? Why are we encouraging such play. 

You all need to push the devs away from these mechanics slowly. We dont want or need them, they are not variety. If you want variety we will give you some amazing ideas. 

• Upvote 5

So drones are only getting movement range limitation from their lazy masters. Darn...hoping there's more then just that.

Like a user manual on how to aim and shoot for those droners. They must be so helpless after pressing one button for so long. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RockPigeon said:

Why do we have AI automatically aimed weapons?

You need to get over this. Like 1/3rd the weapons in the game have some kind of auto aiming. From guided missiles, turrets, ground drones, air drones, caucasus.

When I don't feel like playing really intense, I grab my turret build. It's not that great, but it's a different play style. It's totally fine to have AI, they're just OP now. When I run Raids, I often use Caucasus. Because AI shooting AI is more fun than me doing it.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, dukerustfield said:

You need to get over this. Like 1/3rd the weapons in the game have some kind of auto aiming. From guided missiles, turrets, ground drones, air drones, caucasus.

When I don't feel like playing really intense, I grab my turret build. It's not that great, but it's a different play style. It's totally fine to have AI, they're just OP now. When I run Raids, I often use Caucasus. Because AI shooting AI is more fun than me doing it.

I'm sure there are some folks who are not going to get over this.  Speaking for myself, I think having aimbots in a PvP game is just wrong.  Most PvP games will ban players for using such methods.  It strikes me as most odd that this game seems to promote it.   #idontgetit   #haxors

Might I suggest that you program some macros to handle those bothersome wasd keys for your raids as well?  Then you could hit battle and the appropriate macro key for the raid map and go have a bowl of ice cream.  Seems like a logical next step in the game's evolution.  'Cause, that'd be fun, right?..

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Seafodder said:

I think having aimbots in a PvP game is just wrong

This isn't a PvP game. It's a builder game that has PvE and PvP. The overwhelming focus of the game is building your vehicle. Nearly every contest the devs have put out has been some version of Build This or Show Off Your Build. If you're suggesting programs to handle raids I'll suggest real PvP games if you want PvP. There are ten thousand FPS games in the world that don't require you to build complex machines. Some are quite exceptional and nearly none of them have AI controlled sub-combat. That'd be fun, right?

3 hours ago, dukerustfield said:

This isn't a PvP game. It's a builder game that has PvE and PvP. The overwhelming focus of the game is building your vehicle. Nearly every contest the devs have put out has been some version of Build This or Show Off Your Build. If you're suggesting programs to handle raids I'll suggest real PvP games if you want PvP. There are ten thousand FPS games in the world that don't require you to build complex machines. Some are quite exceptional and nearly none of them have AI controlled sub-combat. That'd be fun, right?

I stand corrected.  It is indeed a builder game that has had PvE and PvP modes.  The problem I have is that elements from the PvE mode have infiltrated the PvP mode.  I posted a suggestion in the appropriate forum exactly 1 month ago to address this issue which is sadly still pending approval for discussion.  Said suggestion quoted below with some edits to account for recent and expected soon-to-be-implemented changes in the game:

"The game currently has 2 modes:  PvP (missions, brawls, races) and PvE (raids).  I suggest creating a third mode; a fantasy hybrid PvP mode that is actually a combination of PvP and PvE.

The three modes could be divided up as follows:

• PvP basic would be the "original" Crossout.  Only vehicles with salvaged guns, rockets, and scraped together IEDs on sticks and such would be allowed to participate.
  • PvP hybrid would be anything goes, really.  Original content as described above, plus advanced systems (AI controlled weapons, guided missiles, hovers, laser and plasma weapons, energy shields etc).  Whatever you want to bring to the party.
  • PvE would be hybrid but playing against the AI as opposed to playing against other players.  Pretty much exactly as it is now.
    • This mode could also be split into a "basic" and "hybrid" mode along the lines of PvP and Hybrid modes as described above if there was sufficient player demand for such an additional breakdown.
    • Splitting this mode however would have a detrimental effect on queues.

This would give the players more options on what kind of game they're playing:

• Only want to face players that are actually controlling/aiming their weapons in order to shoot you?  Play PvP.
  • Don't want to see immersion breaking (read: futuristic) hovers with (as yet) undeveloped weapon systems?  Play PvP.
  • Like playing drone boats or frame-build Caucs?  Play hybrid.
  • Like melting things with lasers and plasma weapons?  Play hybrid.
  • Like zipping around the battlefield in a 22nd century, physics-defying flying death machine?  Play hybrid.
  • Got free fuel to burn/need copper/need to complete a challenge?  Play PvE.

The only real potential downside would be splitting the player base into more queues, but this could be remedied by taking the number of missions currently available and making half of them PvP and the other half Hybrid.  Add an additional white item drop to each mission so players could acquire all of the white items in either mode.  Same number of queues, no harm done."

• Upvote 4

Hey Guys!

So, i saw many good ideas, like make the drone follow the host, etc.

The problem is, if you want to keep the drone unique, probably the best if you leave it as it is. There already are autoaim, following stuff, booth permanent and periodic(caucasus/falcon).

So, the main problem is, drones are a big cheese tactic. A fast ride, some drones and you got everything. You dont need tactical approach, dont need aim, any map awarness, or any kind of precaution. You just cant lose. You are the fastest, the most damaging 'mofaka of the town' it doesent need any skill,

Also, i think we shouldnt limit the number of drones. If we limit them like... 2? They will make 3k PS games a hell. We did nothing. We need general balance.

Well its bad. But i noticed sonething.

Actually, a double drone docker is pretty balanced. You know the one  with two drones and one radardetector(if the player is competent) on a docker. You know why? Well. Its slow. He can swarm you with drones from cover, yeah. If he strikes in the right time, he fcks u up. But if you get to him, you can get your revenge. If he isnt precautios, isnt foreseeing, hes gonna be the one who got fckdup. You can catch it. Based on that, i got an idea. Later. For now...

...I guess, everyone noticed, how the dronebox is a big fckin 4x4x4 metal cube with full of 4 armored drones with a 220kg spectre HMG each. Aaaand the box weighted 120kg. Thank god, soneone noticed it, so its now.. 240kg, right? Well, i guess its still a god damn joke. Its bigger than a caucasus, and we now its full of metal evilness. ITS A HEAVY EQUIPMENT, OF STEPPENWOLVES.

Also... what the devs said? Support weapon, right? Yeah. Supporting heavy weapon users, Who needs some covering fire. Scavangers and steppenwolf rigs with cannons, so... heavy rigs. Drones are good when you got a cannon or else, and you need some effective defense, that wont limit the usage of your main weapon. (Aint in the way like a MG, and not requiring your attention for aiming) Or... you just wanna spam them and support ur team with some chaos. Anyway, the freedom should be yours. Keep these abilities. They have to be balanced in any form.

So, make it a whole: Drones are too light. Big, heavy boxes with 4 spectres at a minimum weight of 800kg. Aaaand thats about it. 1200kg each. Its 3.6tons for a growl to carry around 3. I guess thats slow em down at least a little bit. Make the boxes have like 240hp each( its aint the armour thats heavy. Its the equipment inside, so it has logically baaad hp/mass ratio) Also dont forget the drones 100+ hp each. Its 640 potential hp you can distribute dmg on. Its balanced. 1.2 tonns for 600+potential weapon hp for a cheesy 'im not even there, but kill you', autoaim weapon.  I think, i nailed it.

Also, drone boxes are the only full-time armourable weapons. Okay. But i dont think its fair or even logical to be able to place armour on the deploying side. Its a big issue.

The problem with cooldowns. Its bad for everyone and unfair, how the cooldown starts, when the drone/turret dies. Bad for the prey, becouse if he fights down drones, he actually accelerates the enemies cooldown. And bad for the host, when he cant get rid off the useless drone after a successful strike. Actually punishes the better player booth times.

20sec? So if i **** 3drones(like3sec each only) i still got only abt. 10sec to hunt down the host, till the first drone of the next wave. 10sec to chase down a growl, that started to run, when i actually havent even started to fight his drones. Big game, congratulation for you dronemaster!

My suggestion is, 30-40sec On Activation. So if i kill em as normal player, im not rushing my own rapeing. And if i catch someone as a droner with my drones, im not circling around the map with standing cooldown and a redundant drone. More fair on booth occassions.

Also lower their dmg and/or make them more inaccurate. Its foolish how they can tear a hole from 100m into a heavy rig. God damn, even if you guys keep their godly damage, at least make them have a LOT more spread. So their dmg is spread all over the car. They will do the same amount of dmg, but wont cut a buggy in half under ONE fcking sec with that immense focus fire.

So:

+30%weapon spread for sidekicks and attack drones/caucasus.

1200kg for booth drone boxes. 240hp.(7-800kg if you reduce drone count to 3. Make em use genesis, and up their powerscore. Cannons got 10shots, but he can spawn 4drones? Nah. Genesis should be a must have, just as ammobox is)

30-40sec cd for sidekick ON ACTIVATION.

attack drone hp to 60, deployer mass to 240kg. They are fckin plastic drones on a 100kg deployer. If i keep 2 miniguns on them, they should be **** almost instantly. They have like 400 potential hp for 120kg. Joke. Cd on activation.

Make fuzes have 300damage. 15sec reload, 6drones. (9with two genesis) mediocre blast radius. stop making them instakill cheese units.

Ty for reading. Wish you the best!

• Upvote 2

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, Spaceboy_uk said:

Turrets I think are fine - they're stationary so much easier to target and destroy. Multi-turrets are annoying sure, but don't feel "broken".

Aerial drones I think are okay too - maybe a bit too much damage as 3 drones can quickly tear you to pieces.

Main issue is with sidekicks - they're too small, too maneuverable, and put out too much damage.  I like the idea of limiting their range away from their host as this keeps them "defensive" and give you half a chance of attacking the owner before they race off away from battle again.

• Make them slower
  • Less damage
  • Perhaps limit number of drones-per-cab

Agreed. Drone builds are becoming too common in ALL p.s pvp battles. A limit should be implemented. After all, I've always seen them as a support option...

• Upvote 2

Nerf the damage nerf the damage nerf the damage neef the damage nerd the damage

I feel like I have to speak like a xxxx for the devs to understand what fix is needed. Open a thread and ignore any suggestions here.

Seriously those idiots who came up with the 100% damage buff deserves a TOW up their arse. 

Slow and painful. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

IMO anything that auto aims should be re-classified as a support weapon and be limited to one per vehicle They are just too strong considering the user is taking almost no risk to deal so much damage.

Not to mention the fact that they are no fun to play against and give no xp when destroyed. 

Several times recently I have had games with so many drone users that I just sat there killing drones for the full match without really seeing an enemy player. Bad game design.

• Upvote 3

Hello gaijin! I disagree with removing drones as they feel like a good idea but horribly executed. A lot of my ideas i will type are inspired by Diep.io! Anyways, drone health should be lowered to 50 health. I think that reasonable enough! And maybe ramming into drones could completely destroy them!. Also drone reproduce time should increase quite a bit! If drones do not have a target, they should drive around the player and not immediately seek out an enemy 500 meters away. The main way to use drones should be by binding a key and having prioritized targets! For example, the player could click on an enemy and the drones would focus fire on that enemy and only that enemy! And maybe attacked users would have a similar message to the message you get when your about to get hit with homing missiles. With these changes, drones would be used more as a distraction method and it would take much more skill to use these are players would have to be more involved in the match to use the drones effectively. I hope you agree with my changes, if not please list any better ideas! I also hope this does not get caught in the title wave of other comments :) 

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2017 at 12:24 PM, NamelesxKing said:

Nerf the damage nerf the damage nerf the damage neef the damage nerd the damage

I feel like I have to speak like a xxxx for the devs to understand what fix is needed. Open a thread and ignore any suggestions here.

Seriously those idiots who came up with the 100% damage buff deserves a TOW up their arse

Slow and painful. 

• Haha 1

So, make it a whole: Drones are too light. Big, heavy boxes with 4 spectres at a minimum weight of 800kg. Aaaand thats about it. 1200kg each. Its 3.6tons for a growl to carry around 3. I guess thats slow em down at least a little bit. Make the boxes have like 240hp each( its aint the armour thats heavy. Its the equipment inside, so it has logically baaad hp/mass ratio) Also dont forget the drones 100+ hp each. Its 640 potential hp you can distribute dmg on. Its balanced. 1.2 tonns for 600+potential weapon hp for a cheesy 'im not even there, but kill you', autoaim weapon.  I think, i nailed it.

you nailed it.

shouldnt be possible to fight someone with drones by just running away. i had those silly fights with other cars driving around a rock in circles and spawning drones. you need a win condition: faster, more range, more fire power. drones need a weak spot

• Upvote 4

Fuze drone module should be explosive. It's pretty bizzare that a box full of bombs isn't already.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ROACHOR said:

Fuze drone module should be explosive. It's pretty bizzare that a box full of bombs isn't already.

actually it is already. before update. it is very hard to defence fuse carrier if every item can exploooOOOOOding.  (chain reaction) 

Today versio dont exploooOOOOding. It is good if fuse carrier dont INSTA losing all weapons. :tankosmile4:

I'm so sick of the ENTIRE GAME being AI controlled, half the team is AI, all the cannons, mgs, shotguns, melee weapons, rockets, and grenade launchers are all uncompetitive at all power scores, wheeled drones, and caucasus are so successful, that theres not alot of point trying to get past the starter vehicles unless you have a full loadout of drones. when i began playing crossout i was having tons of fun playing against other human beings, now its mostly AI controlled entities. The TOW missile received perhaps the harshest nerf this game has seen, i feel like drones need the same treatment. they simply are FAR too effective compared to every other weapon type. you don't get anything for killing drones, they have the same hp as a mounted gun, something somewhere needs to make drones less effective than everything else, because you get a whole bunch of them in a round, and once a few people on a team have drones, it becomes almost impossible to kill them all.

The amount of times a drone user zooms up to me and deploys them and i lose my guns almost instantly. it just isnt fun, its not equal, its not balanced. i've tried drones myself, the whole toxic combination and its not really that hard, not really enjoyable for anyone. the only pleasure a drone user gets is from all the xp they get after the game for hitting F 2-3 times over 4 minutes...

My suggestions are as follows (pick a few, but not all)

Limit drones per user

Limit drones to only follow user (and not wander off)

Remove ability to wall drone boxes off (they should have an opening just like everything else)

Make fuze drone structures explosive

make drones more powerful but you can only have 1 in most builds (6-7 energy cost)

Further reduce caucasus HP, (3 caucasus vs any other 3 purples, the caucasus wins EVERY TIME) 

Enforce a maximum drone limit per team (so if a team is being formed, and 4/8 have drones, then shuffle players until about 2/8 have drones)

Reduce drone dps by 30% across the board

Increase the time it takes for a drone to become active after being deployed

Increase drone deployer mass

decrease rewards for using drones

give rewards for killing drones.

Honestly drones should be a support weapon, a pack on in with your cannons or shotguns, and use it as a distraction, right now theres no point in using just a single drone, so people stack the maximum and adopt a cheesy playstyle which is ruining the rest of the creative aspects of the game. my friends list is full of players that have left for months because crossout became DRONEOUT

Edited by Stewart_Mckinna
  • Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Stewart_Mckinna said:

I'm so sick of the ENTIRE GAME being AI controlled, half the team is AI, all the cannons, mgs, shotguns, melee weapons, rockets, and grenade launchers are all uncompetitive at all power scores, wheeled drones, and caucasus are so successful, that theres not alot of point trying to get past the starter vehicles unless you have a full loadout of drones. when i began playing crossout i was having tons of fun playing against other human beings, now its mostly AI controlled entities. The TOW missile received perhaps the harshest nerf this game has seen, i feel like drones need the same treatment. they simply are FAR too effective compared to every other weapon type. you don't get anything for killing drones, they have the same hp as a mounted gun, something somewhere needs to make drones less effective than everything else, because you get a whole bunch of them in a round, and once a few people on a team have drones, it becomes almost impossible to kill them all.

The amount of times a drone user zooms up to me and deploys them and i lose my guns almost instantly. it just isnt fun, its not equal, its not balanced. i've tried drones myself, the whole toxic combination and its not really that hard, not really enjoyable for anyone. the only pleasure a drone user gets is from all the xp they get after the game for hitting F 2-3 times over 4 minutes...

My suggestions are as follows (pick a few, but not all)

Limit drones per user

Limit drones to only follow user (and not wander off)

Remove ability to wall drone boxes off (they should have an opening just like everything else)

Make fuze drone structures explosive

make drones more powerful but you can only have 1 in most builds (6-7 energy cost)

Further reduce caucasus HP, (3 caucasus vs any other 3 purples, the caucasus wins EVERY TIME) 

Enforce a maximum drone limit per team (so if a team is being formed, and 4/8 have drones, then shuffle players until about 2/8 have drones)

Reduce drone dps by 30% across the board

Increase the time it takes for a drone to become active after being deployed

Increase drone deployer mass

decrease rewards for using drones

give rewards for killing drones.

Honestly drones should be a support weapon, a pack on in with your cannons or shotguns, and use it as a distraction, right now theres no point in using just a single drone, so people stack the maximum and adopt a cheesy playstyle which is ruining the rest of the creative aspects of the game. my friends list is full of players that have left for months because crossout became DRONEOUT

Yes! Good ideas/suggestions. Especially the limited rewards for drone users...

• Upvote 3