Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

What if for every active drone a player deploys there is a stacking loss in power/max speed/acceleration or any combination of mobility loss. This effect would only be active while drones are deployed and once destroyed they would be back to normal function.

• Faster builds relying on speed to drop drones and run away become less viable
  • Use of drones for defense is greater emphasized
  • Carrier tanks are still viable though the driver would pretty much be stationary when using a drone army
  • Upvote 2

in my opinion:

sidekicks and fuzes are good how they are.

Flying drones should fly higher and have less health and accuracy, so they are better for peeking over cover and such.

and turrets should have their health lowered and time limit removed, so that they are more like traps than side weapons.

Hello i have been playing crossout a while now and drones are a problem i think if the drones were limited to one drone per cab people would use them as a support instead of a main weapon and it would be a more balanced system im not sure if anyone has suggested this i don't plan on looking at ever ones post just giving my 2 cents worth on the subject Thanks all....

• Upvote 1

Can control the drones controllable unit is "1"? Like the hardware, of course drone also need to be modified, but can change the use of 2 to 5 such forms, and was used as fully automatic weapons, I also use drone, So , I understand this situation

Banning hover and drone combination.
So, we all know that all now needed to win is fly around and spam turrets and drones..While your machine is on edge of indestructible, especially if more of those machines appear.

We also know that drones are pretty fragile and often break on ram.
So.. Why would you drop them down.
Not only that these machines are too over the top OP, but also make very little sense, especially with turrets.I would suggest banning 
So, Taken to consideration, when you have a hover equipped, you cannot equip a drone or turret

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I dont know why in nearly every Game (Crossout, Robocraft etc.) you can buy/craft "automatic" weapons. In a PvP Match people want fight against people not against AI-Bots. 

Make a new "world" for players who fight pvp with "bot-weapons". But I am sure no one want to play in this world - you all know that.

So why must a player play against these AI bots? It is extremely annoying.

Did you ever see a fight caucasus vs caucasus? Very very boring!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I absolutely dislike all weapons that do damage for you automatically with AI,  Including the guided rockets. You need to aim them, but it locks instantly and you just press 1 button and unless your victim has a machine gun / terrain / stealth you get blown up by someone who put very little effort into doing that damage to you.

Here are a list of cheap no skill weapons that people spam.

Ground turrets, dump and run with stealth. You do nothing but drive and press 1 button and evade. All damage is done for you, the enemy needs to deal with your AI aimbots. 

Sidekicks, the nerf was amazing, but the weapon is still doing damage for you, you did nothing but role play a bus driver.

Flying drones, you do no aiming and no effort, just pop them and drive around in circles, Cheap.

Caucaus, aims for you while your busy launching your guided rockets. Cheap.

Hurricane / Pyre - Sit back behind everyone and just insta lock and fire, you did the most rudimentary form of aiming in the general direction of the enemy and press launch. then lel for 600+ damage.

In other games i have played 1000+ hours in they handled guided rockets a lot better, such as in Bad Company 2 or Planetside 2. In those games you needed to have the target locked for 2 or more seconds to make sure the rockets fire. In Crossout, the second your radar spots them in range you could just look in the general direction and launch. The skill is if the person on the other end can dodge them or not. 

Dumbfire like wasps are unguided that requires aim and skill to land, they are a blue weapon and do ok damage, but the effort vs damage you do and just how weak they are does not give much incentive to use them while Pyre is purple costs 2 energy, no aim required, stack 6 of them and do stupid damage if they land, same really with hurricanes. 

All these cheap weapons are made worse when they are mounted on hovers. Since the ability to evade + auto aim your way to a victory seems to be the meta. Which is sad. 

If you die to any of these weapons, don't feel bad, you just got cheesed.  Most times the players that use them are pretty bad to begin with so killing them can sometimes be easy.

The guys in high tier matches that are using all automated weapons then dominate with 5 kills whist on hovers. They can't possibly think they are good players right? Wrong, they think they are amazing! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

This is a suggestion to rework the nature of how all drones and AI based weapons work in the game. I see the main issue in that the developers wanted the turrets and drones to be secondary/defensive items. The aurora would be considered a secondary weapon due to its poor outright damage but with a debuff that amplifies damage dealt. This makes it so that you shouldn't go pure auroras but it can still be worthwhile to mix in with other weapons. What if all drones and turrets had a similar effect with a cut to their damage output?

Right now for debuffs we have "Increased Damage Recieved" and "Weapon Jamming". Each of the drone types get their own effect to cater to a play style. These are some suggestions.

• Flying drones reduce max movement speed - for kiting and chasing builds
  • Ground turrets increase weapon overheat/reload time - defense best used against shotguns 
  • Sidekicks reduce vehicle rotation speed - to chase down elusive builds
  • Caucuses cause weapons to misfire x% of the time (ammo/shot used but no dmg dealt) - defensive style or holding a point easier
  • Fuze causes all tires to lose traction for a short time (like having gun-mount tires on sand)
  • Missle drone/turret increases weapon heat/destroys ammo on hit

Can people still go all drones? Yes, but their damage potential should be noticeably reduced compared to now. These weapons will instead have value outside of raw damage. Trade offs would likely be reduced damage and increased hit points.

36 minutes ago, ImlosthelpmeS1 said:

What if all drones and turrets had a similar effect with a cut to their damage output?

hmmm.   I appreciate this idea, but here's my 2 cents:

The most frustrating thing in any game I play is something that makes me helpless.  Things like the suppressive fire effect from Battlefield 3, blinding effect of the eridians in Borderlands, running out of reversals in a WWE game, wedge physics in Crossout, pretty much any scenario where how good i am at a game is irrelevant because some factor decides that I cannot see/hear/do anything.

This is what i would be afraid of by adding debuffs to more things in this game.  The effects on the Hammerfalls and the GL don't occur often enough to frustrate me in my experience (i haven't used them, just been on the business end).  So if debuffs were implemented for drones, would they have the same frequency of proc'ing as those weapons?  If so, it would be a poor substitute for damage.  If it procs more often?  Drones would be just as annoying as now, if not more so since you wouldn't be able to fire/turn/get away from them. 

I like the thoughts towards making them actual support weapons though, and I don't have a suggestion better than debuffs.  Unless "get rid of autoaim crap" is a suggestion...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ch33f said:

So if debuffs were implemented for drones, would they have the same frequency of proc'ing as those weapons?  If so, it would be a poor substitute for damage.  If it procs more often?  Drones would be just as annoying as now, if not more so since you wouldn't be able to fire/turn/get away from them. 

Take into consideration of how other games approached support or secondary equipment. Most have a rigid limit of primary and secondary weapons allowed. For the most part if people are allowed to take only primary weapons they would. Why take a pistol into a rifle fight if there wasn't a fundamental reason not to? Frequency and debuff strength is balance based. The question is whether or not these weapons should have this trade off and thus become more secondary.

2 hours ago, Ch33f said:

I like the thoughts towards making them actual support weapons though, and I don't have a suggestion better than debuffs.  Unless "get rid of autoaim crap" is a suggestion...

I take ideas from arena battle games. Otherwise there are games like Twisted Metal and their weapon variety. This game already has implemented most of the damage based weapons. Control based weapons do not exist right now thus the only way to control an area is with drones/turrets by means of firepower. If there were modules like smoke emitters that disrupted line of sight aiming then the issues would decrease. 

The worst part of how this game functions as a whole is balancing for the top and bottom ends of the power score system. The options offered to the top do not exist for the bottom and are left with response of "deal with it". 

Hi DEVs and everyone, i have an brilliant idea that will revolutionized this game!  

The thing is, update 0.7.3 removed the ability to craft relic containers from the engineers workbench. As a result, it has become extremely difficult in order to obtain these relic weapons.

So by reverting this change and allowing players to build relic containers will bring more players in by giving everyone a fair chance to have these relic weapons.

Today i look at the market and i see that Nobodye has any relic containers that i can buy from. 

So my request to Devs of Crossout would be to allow the crafting of Relic containers.

• Confused 4

don't know if this was suggested before (so many replies here to read them all).... anyway - what if the game would allow only 2 players with 3 or more deployables (for both sides) so the battlefield wouldn't be swarming with drones... and those players would have to wait for game longer than players with regular weapons

• Upvote 3

I have a suggestion for turret drones redesign. One of the problems with them is that many turrets can be deployed in relatively small area so even if you use a wheeled vehicle, you ram one turret, lose all your momentum and then other turrets destroy you. You could make it so that each deployed turret creates a no-drone zone in 15-20 meter radius around it. Everyone who carries turrets would see these deadzones on the map so they know that they can't deploy any more turrets there.

• Upvote 5

Drones are so OP that is insane. I kill people around me that I'm not even aware of. :005j: 

I love drones

screenshot-171203-225843.jpg

screenshot-171203-225856.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I have a idea for the drone Problem, they could use it like the tow, you controll a sidekick or another drone just one per car. For the turret drone i have another use, they cost only 1 Point of energie and max number is 2 per car and you only can drop them when you are degunned, like a Backup weapon if you loose your Main weapon. 

Newest use I have encountered that was just not right was a user dropping stationary turrets with a protective field. You cannot destroy the turrets and they just hammer away on you. This drone usage is getting ridiculous. Easy way to gain points against others and have no skill involved. Just another way to cheat to win. Come on Devs. this kind of abuse needs to end. It makes the game not very fun.

• Upvote 6

Everyone whines about something.

Before, it was sidekicks- they nerfed them away, now people cry about turrets, even hovers even after they are nerfed. They won't be happy until the weapons they use are the only things that are effective. Plenty of people have no problem taking out my turrets or just moving, they don't chase you like sidekicks. They only last a few seconds and there is a delay before they shoot.

Anyone who thinks that dodging bullets in a fast hover car takes no skill, should try it. Maybe I should say cannons and machine guns and shotguns are OP because they easily take me out. Nerf everything until we all just meet in the middle and have a marshmallow/pillow fight where nobody dies.

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, acolonelofcorn said:

Everyone whines about something.

Before, it was sidekicks- they nerfed them away, now people cry about turrets, even hovers even after they are nerfed. They won't be happy until the weapons they use are the only things that are effective. Plenty of people have no problem taking out my turrets or just moving, they don't chase you like sidekicks. They only last a few seconds and there is a delay before they shoot.

Anyone who thinks that dodging bullets in a fast hover car takes no skill, should try it. Maybe I should say cannons and machine guns and shotguns are OP because they easily take me out. Nerf everything until we all just meet in the middle and have a marshmallow/pillow fight where nobody dies.

I think you're wrong, respectfully. The reason why people dislike anything automated is because they are not controled by you. You do nothing but drop them, the only thing you need to worry about is picking the right moments and watch your positioning. Every single other player does the same thing, you are not special here. The only difference is they need to aim and you dont, they need to expose themselves to fire, you dont. Pretty simple. Its irony to tell players to shoot down the drones when you yourself never shot a single bullet, thats kinda funny

The nerfs are coming anyway. People have a right to give their feedback, so far its corrected most things that are cancer, no idea why you call it "crying" does giving it that label make you feel better? Cool. Sidekicks got balanced, frame builds fixed and hovers got their needed nerf. All positive changes .

If i use 2 cobras and 2 falcons on hovers with chamelaon i MVP most matches, not because i showed outstanding skill, but because i cheesed my way there. You may get the feeling your skillful while doing it, but its not the reality, you are using it as a crutch.

• Upvote 5

Flying drones - should be a toggle that can return to its Dock. If destroyed in flight it is gone. 

Sidekick drones - should physically open the box into a ramp and the drone rolls out, meaning the deployment side of the unit needs to be unshielded and able to open. 

Turrets - should have to be stationary to deploy them otherwise they fall to pieces rolling across the dirt because they hit the floor in motion. 

• Upvote 3

how bout this?

you roll into battle carrying one drone. drone launchers shouldnt remanufacture new drones every time they are shot up.

you want to carry 4,5,6 a dozen, drone launchers, fine. but thats all you get for the entire battle.

dont nerf drones or kill their damage/hit points. just make it so drones dont respawn any faster than my minigun or rapier. if i shoot a weapon off a car it should be gone, period. no running around a corner and waiting for that weapon to respawn so you can rejoin the battle with fresh armaments. no stealthing up to the cap point and shitting out a bunch of drones so you can run off and do it again. if i do that and my minigun gets shot off, i get to run up with melee. wtf do droners get to respawn their weapons and i dont?

• Upvote 4

each little fuel bomb drone should be like carrying a seperate fuel tank. how many PS is 6 fuel tanks?

if i blow up a drone launcher that has 4 fuelbombers still in in it, how much damage should that do?

wheeled drones carrying those big **** machine guns should carry the same PS as mounting the same machine gun on your car. how many backups of those machine guns do they carry? thas a **** ton of PS.

you want to mount a bunch of drones, you should be fighting people in the 10k+ range.

or make each drone launcher only have 1 drone to launch.

seriously, you launch one drone and then you have to pull over and gtfo of the car to load another drone into the launcher. how many drones can one car carry? 

launch a drone and then you cant move because you have to get another drone out of the trunk and load it into the launcher. xxxx that autoload bs. drones are big. the **** doesnt just auto load like a minigun.

any drone thats carrying weapons is a big xxxx and needs to be manually loaded into a launcher. let players choose when they stop to relaod their drones but make reloading a drone a big ordeal the penalises movement for a duration.

Edited by swirly_commode
  • Upvote 1

On 11/2/2017 at 8:49 AM, dukerustfield said:

ATTACK DRONES
Benefits: Very high DPS, auto-aim, mobile with owner, High angle of attack
Weaknesses: Must enter and stay in combat to use them, short range, must be fast (low armor) to use them, requires open roof to launch drones, long cooldown, easy to destroy if targeted

ATTACK TURRETS
Benefits: Very High DPS, auto-aim, can be dropped and block a location, good range
Weaknesses: Stationary, can be run into, run away from, blocked by friendlies, blocked by terrain, friendlies run into them all the time, long cooldown

MISSILE DRONE/MISSILE TURRET
Weaknesses: Their rate of fire is so low that it is hard to fully utilize them. Higher PS. Larger size (for turret). More energy.
Suggestions: If their rate of fire was accelerated I think they would be good. However, they might be improved with explosion mechanics change.

SIDEKICK
Benefits: Very High DPS, auto-aim, mobile, good range, very hard to destroy because of movement, roams away from user and operates independently
Weaknesses: Don't go where you want them to, long cooldown
Suggestions: if you want them to be far-roaming mobile guards and distractions, they need to have VERY LOW DPS. It takes too much decision making from players. Sidekicks should be like their name implies, just a sidekick. Robin is a sidekick of Batman and is a very minor version of him. People should launch sidekicks to harass and distract and help out. Not to obliterate teams. I don't know how this works currently, but if they did very low dps, but you could also see through their radar just as if your own radar/radio were hooked up to the sidekick, they would be excellent scouts. Like in Minority Report when they send out the drones to scan the apartments. Another option: Have Sidekicks be pure support. Make enemies near them move 20% slower or have 10% longer cooldowns, non-stacking. Make then annoying instead of deadly. Kind of like a superhero sidekick.

FUZE
Benefits: Very High Burst Damage, auto-aim, mobile, hard to destroy because of movement, roams away from user and operates independently
Weaknesses: Don't go where you want them to, long cooldown, relatively easy to destroy, explosion timer, UNDERPOWERED versus Hovers
Suggestions: I see these as the Epic version of Sidekicks. Just like Missile Turrets and Missile Drones. You should be able to scan/radio through them like Sidekicks. If their target is a hover, they should have a 1 second explosion delay. The explosion mechanic changes might make these a lot better. Their radius is the largest explosion in the game (as far as I know).

As far as I see things, Sidekicks are broken. Sidekicks should be support. Fuzes are almost done. Missile turrets and drones are rather lackluster.

Forgive me sir, but you left out the two most important benefits of all Drones. Hardenability/Hideability & Target Multiplication.

Hardenability/Hideability: Drones/Turrets can all be hidden behind multiple layers of armor(only the Falcon is required to leave the top opened). Which makes them laughingly difficult to disarm.

Target Multiplication: When deploying, the Drone Carrier effectively multiples it's self, as a combat target, by the number of  Drones/Turrets launched(generally 4-5)+1.

These are 2 Very Significant advantages, which seem to be overlooked by everyone. Devs included. 

Edited by NordicJedi
Added a line
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Also, the so called "weakness" of Turrets "can be run into, run away from" only applies if they are 2 or less in number.

Run into? : If you have enough momentum, you can run down 1, maybe 2 Turrets. You will surely get stuck on the 3rd one, ensuring your demise. So since nearly all Droneboats carry 3-5 Turrets. I'd say "can be run into" is more of a benefit than a disadvantage.

Run away from? : Again, only if they are 1-2 in number. 3-5 Turrets will decimate a 1,000 structure vehicle in 3-5 seconds. I don't think any(non-hover) build can get out of a Turrets range in 3-5 seconds(unless your near cover), & if it can, it prolly has less than 1,000 structure(light build).

Edited by NordicJedi
Punctuation repair.
  • Upvote 3

Hi guyz!

Idk where to post this... pls do somethin` with this guyz cuz they block us in race all time.

Ip ban will be perfect pls.

They do this just for fun...thats what they said.

I cant find it funny when i want to win a race. Guess im not the only one who is blocked in game. Pls do somethin`!!

Thank you!

screenshot-171207-162654.jpg

screenshot-171207-162406.jpg

screenshot-171207-155915.jpg

screenshot-171207-155913.jpg

screenshot-171207-155908.jpg

screenshot-171207-155904.jpg

screenshot-171207-155547.jpg

screenshot-171116-200528.jpg

Edited by lHlydra
  • Haha 2