Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

. I still have a real problem with not getting points for killing drones off. Since no points are given for them, the devs should not allow them to do any damage to your ride, Its total B.S. If they can damage you, and you can get points for parts shot off, why not the drones. They can literally destroy a built rig and you get noting in return. Its wrong devs. really wrong. The drone user gets the points for anything the drone do. How is that right? You are killing your game with the A.I. bots

Its a slap in the face to kill multiple drones, while they are destroying parts off of you and then you still have to try and fight the user (who more than not has a secondary weapon.  You are screwing a lot of players over with this.

• Upvote 2

it didn't changed anything. Dronesboats are still half of players at most of powerscore.

Fortunately they is more balance once you reach 9-10K.

• Thanks 1

In any other game if you use autoaim weapons in PvP it is called cheating and you are banned. Autoaim and PvP cannot mutually exist, one or the other must go. Just try autoaiming in PUGP, COD, Warthuder, or whatever other PvP game and see how they react. They will ban you. So autoaim weapons cannot be made balanced in PvP, but must be removed from PvP. There is no excuse for keeping them in PvP, you aim, I aim, everyone aims, or someone is cheesing.

A) Remove all autoaim weapons from PvP. Easy and best solution to drone wars.

B) Make it so that they shoot where ever their user is aiming, just like all other weapons. Slightly harder, but would solve the problem perfectly.

C) Nerf their damage heavily, they such be clearly the weakest weapons available. Works for me, but of course many people would need to learn to aim...

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Soppatykki said:

In any other game if you use autoaim weapons in PvP it is called cheating and you are banned. Autoaim and PvP cannot mutually exist, one or the other must go. Just try autoaiming in PUGP, COD, Warthuder, or whatever other PvP game and see how they react. They will ban you. So autoaim weapons cannot be made balanced in PvP, but must be removed from PvP. There is no excuse for keeping them in PvP, you aim, I aim, everyone aims, or someone is cheesing.

A) Remove all autoaim weapons from PvP. Easy and best solution to drone wars. I believe there is a place in the game for these weapons, just not in their current state. 

B) Make it so that they shoot where ever their user is aiming, just like all other weapons. Slightly harder, but would solve the problem perfectly. This makes caucasus and flying drones obsolete. I wouldn't mind having a lock system like homing missiles where the target must be detectable, visible and within the aiming circle. 

C) Nerf their damage heavily, they such be clearly the weakest weapons available. Works for me, but of course many people would need to learn to aim... Again obsolescence is not a good solution. They have already had damage reduction, turn speed and spread changes, range reductions. The list goes on but serves to prove that it is not a numbers nerf needed but instead a mechanic change. 

Despite my agreeable nature, I actually dislike all of your suggestions. 

Devs won't remove stuffs they worked hard for it.

Just balance them:

Autoaim weapons shouldn't be as effective (or even less more effective) than  manual ones to keep players interested into using these.

Or just remove manual weapons of the game an keep bots fights, others smarter devs will take the niche.

Just was playing after the update and still 0 points for killing drones and turrets. I killed 3 turrets (got the badges) and only 10 points for the effort. Of course they killed me and the player got points for that. This is total xxxx devs. You are crapping all over the players that do not use drones. One sided will get you nothing. I keep trying to give you a chance, but Im getting real tired of not receiving anything for it. I do contribute RL monies to this game hoping for better, but not seeing it. Im not asking you to kill the drones out of the game, but if you dont get points for killing them, they shouldnt be able to get points for using them. its not right  Devs. Even out the drones.

The other issue I have is the stupid **** bots that end up on a team if there is not enough players. A lot of times they are in the way, or even just driving back and forth into a wall doing nothing (I saw this twice yesterday). A RL player will try to get a shot off, where these stupid things will drive around in a circle. Do away with them, as they are nothing but fodder for the other team

Edited by BLOODBANE
  • Upvote 1

@BLOODBANE Totally agree with your first paragraph about points and drones.  Something's obviously wrong with a system that rewards autoaim, respawning weapons while punishing actual players. 

Although I disagree with your issues with bots.  They are usually more useful than random players in my experience.  Sure, they get stuck sometimes and trip over themselves trying to navigate around people, but I see people players do that just as much, if not more.  Doesn't help that when players do it, it's with wedges that totally screw up whatever friendly they run into.  If bots were taken out of matchmaking, it would take forever to fill up a match, which doesn't appeal to me at all.  Also bots have some of the most creative builds in the game, players just make a bunch of blobs and wheel spam.

• Upvote 2

The best way to handle this IMO would be to just limit any autoaiming weapons in a way so you can just use/fire one of them at a time. Same for caucasus and guided missiles.

That way, all of those weapons would have to be used in the way that the devs indended them to:

Drones: You can still have multiple launchers - you just cant deploy more than one drone/turret at a time. The advantage of multiple deployers would be to be able to replace fallen drones faster.

Homing missiles: Those would also only be able to be fired one launcher at a time. After a certain cooldown (2-3 secs) you would be able to lock and fire your next launcher. Multiple launchers would still enable you to send a steady stream of homing missiles, but it would be impossible to fire them all at once, and then dissappear from sight. Anyone who would want to do a lot of damage with them would be required to keep a line of sight to his target for a longer time.

Caucasus: Simple solution - also only one per vehicle. If you mount more, they only become active when the active caucasus is destroyed

Those changes are essentially what crossout needs to be really fun again.
No more skillless autoaim BS. So simple...
Give the playing field to players who have skill and can aim themselves. PLEASE.

Edited by FRMZT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 7. 12. 2017 at 4:22 PM, lHlydra said:

Hi guyz!

Idk where to post this... pls do somethin` with this guyz cuz they block us in race all time.

Ip ban will be perfect pls.

They do this just for fun...thats what they said.

I cant find it funny when i want to win a race. Guess im not the only one who is blocked in game. Pls do somethin`!!

Thank you!

screenshot-171207-162654.jpg

screenshot-171207-162406.jpg

screenshot-171207-155915.jpg

screenshot-171207-155913.jpg

screenshot-171207-155908.jpg

screenshot-171207-155904.jpg

screenshot-171207-155547.jpg

screenshot-171116-200528.jpg

actually I like those kind of trolls - they make the race more interesting

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As far as this goes, the drone problem can be solved by moving all weapons with ai targeting to a category called "AI Defence Weapon" and limiting each craft to two "AI defence weapons" much like how you can only install one engine or one visual module.  this would remove drone spam all together and force players to get good instead of relying one an ai to do their dirty work for them.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Magicbutton said:

As far as this goes, the drone problem can be solved by moving all weapons with ai targeting to a category called "AI Defence Weapon" and limiting each craft to two "AI defence weapons" much like how you can only install one engine or one visual module.  this would remove drone spam all together and force players to get good instead of relying one an ai to do their dirty work for them.

why two?   it used to be limited to one and it was great

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Woodyrojo (Posted Monday at 03:23 PM)

Hello, DeucesWild! We're not planning to 'lock' drones in Raids mode only. But we're looking for possible solutions to make all the AI-weapons more interesting to play with and against. For example, we're considering the new 'lock on' mechanic, when the player should point the target manually. When the enemy hides behind any obstacle, the AI loses the target and it should be pointed again.

Sounds good? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NamelesxKing said:

Woodyrojo (Posted Monday at 03:23 PM)

Hello, DeucesWild! We're not planning to 'lock' drones in Raids mode only. But we're looking for possible solutions to make all the AI-weapons more interesting to play with and against. For example, we're considering the new 'lock on' mechanic, when the player should point the target manually. When the enemy hides behind any obstacle, the AI loses the target and it should be pointed again.

Sounds good? 

But if four players in a group with drones target me at once :S I'll be disintegrated :((

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A1doz said:

But if four players in a group with drones target me at once :S I'll be disintegrated :((

If four players target you at once with hornets you'll be disintegrated... 

I really hope you are being sarcastic, nobody should survive a 4-man focus fire

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/10/2017 at 9:38 AM, FRMZT said:

The best way to handle this IMO would be to just limit any autoaiming weapons in a way so you can just use/fire one of them at a time. Same for caucasus and guided missiles.

That way, all of those weapons would have to be used in the way that the devs indended them to:

Drones: You can still have multiple launchers - you just cant deploy more than one drone/turret at a time. The advantage of multiple deployers would be to be able to replace fallen drones faster.

Homing missiles: Those would also only be able to be fired one launcher at a time. After a certain cooldown (2-3 secs) you would be able to lock and fire your next launcher. Multiple launchers would still enable you to send a steady stream of homing missiles, but it would be impossible to fire them all at once, and then dissappear from sight. Anyone who would want to do a lot of damage with them would be required to keep a line of sight to his target for a longer time.

Caucasus: Simple solution - also only one per vehicle. If you mount more, they only become active when the active caucasus is destroyed

Those changes are essentially what crossout needs to be really fun again.
No more skillless autoaim BS. So simple...
Give the playing field to players who have skill and can aim themselves. PLEASE.

Best response to drones I've seen, easy fix. Drone boats are a real plague on the ps4. It really sucks when half the team is a quad DT cobra drop. 

On a side note I do not agree with the homing missils

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2017 at 4:28 AM, okie73 said:

We need a 'heavy drone/turret' option.

* Heavy Turret: 4 energy, 100 structure, mounts an Executioner
* Heavy Turret 4 energy, 100 structure, mounts a Pyre
* Heavy Hover drone, 5 energy, 100 structure, mounts a Hurricane
* Heavy Hover Drone, 4 energy, 100 structure, mounts an Equalizer

*Heavy Sidekick Drone, 5 energy 100 structure, mounts a Reaper

I think the community overwhelmingly loves drones. Everyone is using them and it's easy to see from reading the general chat that most, if not all, of the players want bigger, more powerful, more deadly drones and turrets running around the battlefield destroying everything in their path.

Nom nom nom, thats sounds awesome !

Please reduce the sidekick energy to 3 - Too few people are using them, increase the scouting range by 20%

and increase the fitting weight by 1/3 as a player penalty.

Also please set the fuse energy to 3 and triple the weight as a player penalty.

Edited by golumplatoon
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, A1doz said:

Don't worry I'll lance them while you distract them bro :002j:

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, golumplatoon said:

Nom nom nom, thats sounds awesome !

Please reduce the sidekick energy to 3 - Too few people are using them, increase the scouting range by 20%

and increase the fitting weight by 1/3 as a player penalty.

Also please set the fuse energy to 3 and triple the weight as a player penalty.

Your serious, aren't you?

22 hours ago, RocketHotdog said:

If four players target you at once with hornets you'll be disintegrated... 

I really hope you are being sarcastic, nobody should survive a 4-man focus fire

True. But the point is, he is not talking about 4 man focus fire. He is talking about 4 A.I. focus fire. I don't think any of us are upset by getting killed on the battlefield. What pisses people off, is when they get gang-xxxxed by an army off Aimbots in a PVP match. And to add insult to injury, some dillweed gets MVP at the end of the match for pushing one button, 4 times & running away. Why are we working so hard to get XP? Why not build my own Droneboat?      Because I enjoy combat. If I just wanted to drive around, I would play something like Forza. Honestly, why do these people play this game, if they don't like combat? I'm serious. I really want to know what they are getting out of this.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, NordicJedi said:

Honestly, why do these people play this game, if they don't like combat? I'm serious. I really want to know what they are getting out of this.

Right?  They don't like shooting, they just use aimbots and press F.  They don't even like driving, drone users are universally the worst drivers I see, even though that's the only thing they have to focus on.  They don't like building either, they all just use lame drone boats.  There's plenty of pretty drone boats on exhi, but those are usually art builds that just have drones stuck in them that nobody actually uses. 

So they aren't shooting, they're barely driving, they aren't building....  maybe they think the game is "Hide and seek"?

I actually have an idea pertaining to this.  I believe that most of these useless droners are kids who are so used to watching other people play games on the internet that when they go into Crossout, they launch their drones and then sit there with their thumbs up their rears watching the drones play the game just like a youtube video.  Then they forget they actually have to do stuff, so they mash W and run straight into the nearest friendly.  Anybody care to denounce my hypothesis? XD

Edited by Ch33f
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I was in a session earlier and saw about 14 to 16 turrets as I crossed over a small hill. Just turned around and went the other way thinking why do I even play this anymore. Seems like 60% of the players can't fight for themselves. What's the point of playing a combat game where you don't actually fight. Do you see a chess player at the world championships pull out a computer and have it make all the move for him or her. No because that would be unacceptable. Why it's allowed to be abused here is beyond me.

Don't know how long I can keep playing this. Most of the time I overcome their cheap underhanded tactics. The question is should I have to. No and rest of you shouldn't have to either. God speed maybe I'll see you out there or maybe I'll go back to playing a Bethesda game.

Edited by venom343d1980
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5