Mraevn

Drone Hangar - All Ideas and Suggestions

3 hours ago, Ch33f said:

They don't like building either, they all just use lame drone boats.

Not all... check my "Red Drnr" I'm cruising around at the moment just for the fun of driving a sports car :) 

It has also only one turret and 2 falcons and that's pretty decent for 4.4k PS. I need to be close to the enemy to make my kills. Driving this thing and killing at the same time is kind of challanging. I'll switch back to normal weapons when I cannot see my build anymore, in about a week or so :)

And why not limit drone-only  "players" by 2/ 3 / team

This would force the dronerz to use at least some REAL guns. And then limit the swarms.

After all, for instance, artillery players were limited to 3 in Wot. Sometimes  we had Arty Only teams lol...

Was pretty effective.

This and giving XP for killing drones ofc. So we could have highly specialized DRonerz Killerz :attack:

Edited by gromulator
  • Upvote 3

I think that drones, turret, wheel drones, etc. should have less health, like 15 to 20 HP, but then should be able to be deployed more frequently.

because in the real world it would be easy to destroy these things, and it also wouldn't be that hard to re-deploy them.

And to compensate the fact that there are a limited amount of drones a payer can take out, make it so the drones do not have a limited time of action.

I came back to see if the AI and deployable weapon issue has been addressed.  Looks like nope and looks like game is pretty dead by lack of forum activity.  o/  Check back again in a couple months if the game is still around.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

The auto-aim weapons should be removed entirely or nerfed to the ground to the point they don't even damage anyone anymore. The fact that some people who have to struggle to build, drive, manual aim their weapons and actually think are wrecked by people who press a button, run around AND WIN, is unacceptable. There is no point in playing with melee/cannons/manual firing rockets anymore, since everyone is playing drones and you can't fend them off with those weapons. Are we supposed to play only turrets/drones and machinegun/shotgun builds now? Is this what crossout has come to? All the creativity and wonderful things this game could come up with and they ruin it all with auto-aim weapons. If this is the direction the developers want to take they should also include self-driving engines and bullet dodging armor, so the players can't even play anymore, they can just spectate a game played by bots who do everything for them.

They also didn't fix the hover problem in races, which has been present since the introduction of hovers. You can't even win a race anymore against a hover build, they don't get slowed by water, they can easily jump obstacles, can't be pushed as easily as the ground builds, don't explode as easily when you over-use the boosters since they don't touch the ground, they have better handling and can reverse at the same speed[almost] as accelerating forward. They could simply put hovers against hovers and ground builds against ground builds or disable hovers in races. 

Seems like they don't even care about their game and players anymore.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

A simple fix.. Drones (and maybe Caucasus) do not give any XP to the carrier in PvP.
After all, players get zilch for taking down drones, also players get zilch for driving around, why should it be any different for the players using drones :p.
You want to continue using drones in PvP, fine, mount at least one regular weapon and use the drones for support... or cap the point and you will still get some XP.

• Upvote 3

I gotta agree with DevourerOne's post. Unfriendly autoaim drones and turrets, also THERE'S NO WAY to outrun a Hover build in races for wheely players or rookies!  Why can't you developers at least split the Race event in two separate categories then ? One race event for wheely players, and the other one for only hover builds.

Not many players can afford Hovers and i don't feel like spending money into this game cause i'd like to prove it's not a pay2win game.. However you devs make it extremely difficult to change players's minds with these "exclusive packs" Well i'd say... No thanks.  Please listen to my post and others too and make Crossout great again like it was before! 

I'm not gonna lie about game improvements and graphics or new maps.. they're very welcomed but think about the GAMEPLAY BALANCE for christ sake, please.

Edited by MysticaLAceR
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DevourerOne said:

The auto-aim weapons should be removed entirely or nerfed to the ground to the point they don't even damage anyone anymore. The fact that some people who have to struggle to build, drive, manual aim their weapons and actually think are wrecked by people who press a button, run around AND WIN, is unacceptable. There is no point in playing with melee/cannons/manual firing rockets anymore, since everyone is playing drones and you can't fend them off with those weapons. Are we supposed to play only turrets/drones and machinegun/shotgun builds now? Is this what crossout has come to? All the creativity and wonderful things this game could come up with and they ruin it all with auto-aim weapons. If this is the direction the developers want to take they should also include self-driving engines and bullet dodging armor, so the players can't even play anymore, they can just spectate a game played by bots who do everything for them.

They also didn't fix the hover problem in races, which has been present since the introduction of hovers. You can't even win a race anymore against a hover build, they don't get slowed by water, they can easily jump obstacles, can't be pushed as easily as the ground builds, don't explode as easily when you over-use the boosters since they don't touch the ground, they have better handling and can reverse at the same speed[almost] as accelerating forward. They could simply put hovers against hovers and ground builds against ground builds or disable hovers in races. 

Seems like they don't even care about their game and players anymore.

Yep, Crossout is simply no longer a PvP game.  Period.  It has two modes:  PvE and PvPvE.  For them to call it a PvP game at this point is just false advertising.

• Upvote 5

At this point I think we can all agree that this AI issue won't be resolved without a hard limit on how many drones a vehicle can carry. That won't make a difference in sub 3k matches so here's part two of the solution. Lower the damage to that of a chord. Any weapon you don't have to aim should have lower damage than it's manual counterpart.

• Upvote 5

On 12/19/2017 at 10:27 AM, airkevin777 said:

At this point I think we can all agree that this AI issue won't be resolved without a hard limit on how many drones a vehicle can carry. That won't make a difference in sub 3k matches so here's part two of the solution. Lower the damage to that of a chord. Any weapon you don't have to aim should have lower damage than it's manual counterpart.

Going to bring up my old post.  AI could easily be resolved by making AI weapons require aiming.  An area target reticule that starts a lock,  Then shooting for as long as lock is maintained.  Prioritized what is in the reticule.  Ta da, problem solved.  The person needs to drive and aim and have a line of sight to use any and all AI weapons.  But they got their cash.  Just put in half assed work as they develop some new scheme and release cheapo dev time upgrades to milk the sheep.  If they actually cared, this top issue would have been swiftly and properly dealt with a long time ago.  Oh, and we never would have seen fuzes.

• Upvote 4

I'm actually getting really tired of all the drone/turret spammer and them trying to defend their "play-stile" - for all the player actually playing the game with non ai weapons, the game became extremely annoying, frustrating and stressful because you have to deal with dozens of turret and drones in almost every match - and yes even if you know how to deal with them it is annoying! I rather get killed by a skilled player with canons or mg's than from a non-skill drone player - which I sometimes even try to do if I'm almost dead so the drone player doesn't gets the kill ...

so why don't the developers do ANYTHING about it? is it really true that the majority of the players want the game to be like that? - do they actually spend money on drone builds?

for me I just wish drones, turrets, sidekicks and yes even the caucasus, would be removed so I can play my favorite game again, against other players and not drones ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Drones are fine, i barely have problems fighting against them, that you guys are awful at playing is not the devs fault.

• Confused 5

the problem isn't that they are hard to fight the problem is the amount of them and how annoying they are @twistednecro

and as I said I don't have problems fighting them, I just DON'T WANT TO FIGHT THEM ALL THE TIME ! -  IT IS VERY ANNOYING AND NOT REWARDING !

here are some points about drones :

*you don't get points killing them while the drone/turret spammer gets points destroying parts of your vehicle.

*if you kill a drone/turret the drone player can just respawn a new one - if you loose a weapon you lost it until the match is over.

*it is possible to cover drones behind layers of armor so you can't directly hit them.

*drones/turrets fight for you so you will always have a better awareness of whats going on on the battlefield and you wont drive against walls because you can actually look where you drive.

*drones/turrets almost never come alone and if more than one player has a drone build on the other team you are to busy fighting drones and you cannot fight their actual vehicle..

*drones/turrets almost never miss a shot.

*drones/turrets are small so you have to aim properly or you will die because they do an insane amount of damage. (big problem for new players).

*drones/turrets have a low ps so you don't have to fight heavy armor builds in high ps games with them.

*canons builds are almost chance less against drones. (except you have an chameleon and its ready)

*unguided rocket builds are almost chance less against drones. (except you have an chameleon and its ready)

*melee builds are almost chance less against drones. (except you have an chameleon and its ready)

*it is extremely annoying if a turret spammer poops out some turrets right behind you and just cloaks up - you will have to fight 3-4 drones and you will most likely die and never see the turret spammer (I even sometimes didn't notice the turrets before I was dead..)

so either you're a drone/turret player or you just play all the time in very high ps otherwise I can't understand why someone would defend this S...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 23/12/2017 at 6:33 PM, twistednecro said:

Drones are fine, i barely have problems fighting against them, that you guys are awful at playing is not the devs fault.

Or maybe you're too awful player for only using stupidly damaging AI weapon.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MMxiter said:

Or maybe you're too awful player for only using stupidly damaging AI weapon.

Did i ever say i use drones? lmao

Seems the best option would be to limit 1 drone per vehicle. This way would not be a total loss of time for devs that coded them. If it was up to me all auto aim weapons would go. Let build and skill with teamwork be the deciding factor for wins.

• Upvote 3

With the start of the new season yesterday I found myself having to achieve 6 wins using a cannon. As I only own avengers I created a dual avenger build, just over 3000 PS, and went in to a few missions......What an absolute **** show it was - just about everybody else was running multiple drone, turret builds.

Please don't tell me how easy it is to deal with these - try for yourself with a cannon build when you have multiples of these all buzzing around you killing you within a couple of seconds. After 5 rounds of this crap it was the first time I rage quit this game, and I honestly don't think I'll bother trying to do it again. Why bother trying to play with skill when all somebody needs to do is drive up to the side of you and drop this, highly accurate, overpowered crap to beat you.....

Despite how you think you've nerfed these you still need to do something more effective.......

Edited by riksena
  • Upvote 3

Personally what I do to counter droneboats is try to take them out before they drop their payload, I run a dual Tsunami build that can turn on a dime and is pretty accurate once you get used to the over steer if you have to whip around to deal with them (it's called Droneboat Sinker if your on ps4, I'm sure it can be adapted to use your Avengers). Now if they drop right in front of you you still might get taken out but it seems to cut droneboats in half if you get a hit. Until they change the parameters of drones and more specifically turrets droneboats are just a fact we will have to live with, hopefully they will rectify the situation soon. However until they do there are ways in which you can still stand a chance even with a cannon. I don't know if this helped you riksena but, that just my advice for dealing with them in the time being.  

• Like 1

Only one question remains in this game: WHY IS THIS **** STILL NOT FIXED?
Drones and Turrets, and their skill- and spineless users are RUINING THIS GAME.

ONE DRONE PER VEHICLE! Or reduce their damage by 50%. Is it so xxxx hard? Do the guys at Gaijin actually play their own game?
Questions...

Alternately, include auto-self destruct for anyone who uses more than 2 of those xxxx at the same time. That would be the best solution.
Seriously, any proper devs would have reversed back to one drone/vehicle after like 2 weeks of this ongoing desaster. Not Gaijin - they must be too busy creating new P2W-bundles, or something. Most likely russian kids love their drones just too much, having a way to do what they otherwise cant do - kills and damage...and thats why the rest of us is stuck with them now.
Currently i am reaching the point where im not even mad anymore when a "normal" player takes me apart with some cannons or MGs. At least he showed some skill, and I know why i lost.
Those dronetards however just press F, hit their stupid joker horn 11 times, and then run to the other end of the map. Absolutely stupid xxxx gameplay.

FIX THIS **** ASAP!

Edited by FRMZT
  • Upvote 8

Drones & hurricanes used by monkeys are killing the game. Please don't let monkeys be that effective.

Tow have been nefed for that reason.... Time to adjust others monkeys weapons.

Edited by MMxiter
  • Upvote 7