emrickninja

Hovering Camera

Builds sometimes involve carrying friends (or enemies) in the front or back of your vehicle. These involve builds have the cabin in thr back, and scoop anyone or anything in your path, and place it on your "carrier" or "bed." Others involve carrying allies on your back, behind the cabin. Sometimes vehicles come together to make mini leviathans.

The point I'm trying to get at here is the breathing space for the camera. Often times when I'm scooping cars, or carrying someone on my back, my camera zooms into my cabin, or it is placed inside my friend/enemy's vehicle, leaving me blinded. 

It seems you developers have made the camera relative to the cabin. Perhaps you can create an option where the camera is relative to the back of the vehicle, or on top of the cabin/highest point of the vehicle?

I've seen players increase their height of the camera's vantage point using parts that stick upwards. Not only does it use extra parts that could be used elsewhere, but it makes yourself easier to find behind cover (in my opinion) and its... ugly.

I've tried messing around with the camera settings, raising it and making it farther from the vehicle, but none of that matters when I'm very close in contact to enemies and allies who are on my scoop/truck bed.

On 11/22/2017 at 5:31 AM, Woodyrojo said:

Thank you, emrickninja! Your suggestion was approved. 

Wow, first time i see this.(suggestion approved).

Usually it more like, thanks, we'll look into it. Or, we have something planned about x.

Is this a confirmation that you will make this happen?

So, if someday i get this reply on one of my topics, can i expect for it to happen in the future?

Also when you look up, the camera goes underneath the car and you can’t see anything. Looking up is important to shoot down missles, and do it blind.

• Upvote 1

This is specially annoying when racing and you pass under a hover, or a hover catches up and passes over the back of you.  You view goes out of whack and all you can see if the top of your car.  You can't see where you are going.

Super annoying when you are going straight, even worse when coming up to a corner that you don't want to hit because it stops you.   Pretty sure its something hovers use to mess up people.

• Upvote 1

Hover cameras too op. Nerf hover cameras! Instead, we should make all cameras on the ground. But in all seriousness, I agree that this needs to be added.