Deaden84

What's for ML 200 Mechanical Legs? I've some suggestions.

And with the meat grinders they are pretty much the lesser version, it even shows in the market selling for 70-80% less on what I can see. 

Edited by RobotGuy
  • Upvote 4

I said it before, but I'm glad that this topic exist.

I think they should be able to walk on every surface, no matter how steep, even vertically, like spiders. And they shouldn't be moved by other light builds. Every step by leg pins it to the ground making it unpushable. Legs should have a better protection from melee (they have damage reduction, but that's useless when every other build can drive underneath and shoot from the bottom), I believe that standing still could be best for protection.

You could even make it slightly slower due to infinite grip (spikes at the end of legs), but they would be worthy.

Make legs great again!

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

You can not be pushed anymore.

Legs do damage on enemy vehicles (crush them).

????

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I think what Todesklinge is suggesting is that ML-200s should be unpushable, and that if you walk on someone it should do melee damage.

Edited by Wreckcenter
  • Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Wreckcenter said:

I think what Todesklinge is suggesting is that ML-200s should be unpushable, and that if you walk on someone it should do melee damage.

You are probably right.

• Upvote 2

if you wanna make legs competitive, you need at least to give em a grip buff, they get pushed around by anything so easy. They need to remove the delay of leg as well, why did they add it in the first place?! A better mass/tonnage ratio close to the one we have with tracks. If they do this, just this, they are at least competitive with other purple movement parts, cause now they are garbage.

Would love to see some unique ability to it as well, like many propose jump/elevation ability! Dodging lances build maybe :p 

• Upvote 6

On 2/16/2018 at 6:30 AM, RobotGuy said:

And with the meat grinders they are pretty much the lesser version, it even shows in the market selling for 70-80% less on what I can see. 

This is my issue with the current state of ml 200. Now that meat grinders are in the game there are zero reasons to use ml 200, they're not even a niche part anymore.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, sam93931 said:

A better mass/tonnage ratio close to the one we have with tracks. If they do this, just this, they are at least competitive with other purple movement parts, cause now they are garbage.

ML 200 Legs are already very good in this regard, ranked 3rd for net tonnage

Armored Tracks: 2160

Meatgrinders: 2000

ML 200: 1350

and ranked 7th for net tonnage/PS

APC wheels: 7,17

Large wheels: 6,67

Twin wheels: 6,67

Ballon Tyre: 6,25

Starter Wheels: 6,25

Armored Track: 6,00

ML 200 Legs: 6,00

and ranked 1st for tonnage net per engine power

ML 200 Legs: 6,75

Meatgrinders: 5,71

Hardened Tracks: 5,00

Bigfoot ST: 4,85

Small Track: 4,33

Armored Track: 4,32

Twin Wheels: 3,33

They are ranked 3rd in total structure

Armored Tracks: 1300

Meat Grinder: 820

ML 200 Legs: 810

and 2nd in structure/PS

Armored Track: 3,61

ML 200 Legs: 3,60

Hardened Track: 2,67

Their efficiency is fine I think. It is just their

• xxxx physics
  • xxxx steering
  • bad thought out 3D model. Tracks protect the side of the craft somewhat but legs for the most part bend down below the craft, meanting that you side is fully exposed.
  • The same poor 3D model also means that legs in fact only have a ground clearance of 2 as this is the height of the spider joint above the ground. There are wheels who have more ground clearance.
  • Poor walking animation: Moving forward the legs barely lift up making obstacle crossing - which is the greatest strenght of any walker in the first place - almost impossible.
  • They have no independent suspension. Which destroys the entire point of the principle. Watch your legs rather being lift up uselessly into the air instead of doing the smart thing and adjusting ride height. If standing on 10 different height levels with 10 different legs, the walker should be stable standing with full ground contact on all 10 legs who simple have properly adjusted.
  • They need more ground contact area. Their current ground contact area is ludicrous small making buggies pushing you not that unrealistic:
    screenshot-171005-021431.png
    screenshot-171005-021439.pngClipboard01.png

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

On 2/16/2018 at 6:34 PM, ComradeTiki said:

Hmm...

- Stopping on slopes would be nice
- Able to mount on front/back of frames
- Make +40% leg speed universal, so all cabins walk equally; give Steppe Spider a more interesting (and less specific) perk
- Elevation control like the Stallion wheel, perhaps ?

I like your idea of using the stallion wheel function, maybe also including a jump height that can go over train cars in the power plant, and also choosing what buttons to place each leg on. Adding melee damage on impact would be nice too.  

Edited by RobotGuy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

I think the leg shouldn't be able to crawl on every surface and steep, HOWEVER, I think that a higher walk cycle would certainly help it cross over some builds and higher obstacles.

I'm down all the way for the "stallion jump". Its not only useful but makes more sense for a walking tank to be able to jump so it stands out from the other types of movement in the game.

• Upvote 2

I have used the mechanical legs for a lot of build but the biggest issue in my opinion is that tank tracks are better.

Tank Tracks:

Have more grip and are better at avoiding getting pushed.

Got more variety, the small medium and big tracks

Compacter and make you less of a target, legs make your vehicle extremely high

Easier to rotate and shoot downwards

Mechanical Legs:

Allow you to put more items beneath your vehicle

Better Durability

(Look Cooler though)

• Upvote 1

On 17.2.2018 at 12:58 AM, Todesklinge said:

A jumping feature in all direction (with a cooldown) is very important!

I mean to have a ability to jump down cliffs... actually you try to move down a clif and automaticly flip = dead.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

A lowering function would be great. As a new perk, the legs could get double hp when lowered. However, you can not move lowered. A higher tonnage would also be good and higher speed. Hopefully the legs will be buffed.

• Upvote 1

Better is to make fixed angles in the garage, also you can change the angles of the legs and they are safed until you change it again.

This could help to make the legs closer to the cabine/vehicle (there are many small ways on the maps, you dont realy good move).

Depending on the angle of the legs (closer = smaller, but slower) and (wider = bigger, but faster movement).

Or add this ability in to the game.

And add a weapon bonus perk to the steppe spider cabin!

Fix the legs speed for all (+40%) and gives the steppe spider a passive perk like:

+5% damage for all weapons? Its a well and easy little damage buff (medium cabin).

(Cola Truck have +10% damage for limited angled weapons)

(Humpack have up to 25% depending on damage you take)

(Quantum have +20% to energy weapons, if you are unhurt for a short time)

• Like 1

On 2018. 02. 16. at 3:04 PM, TheRedSkull10 said:

I said it before, but I'm glad that this topic exist.

I think they should be able to walk on every surface, no matter how steep, even vertically, like spiders. And they shouldn't be moved by other light builds. Every step by leg pins it to the ground making it unpushable. Legs should have a better protection from melee (they have damage reduction, but that's useless when every other build can drive underneath and shoot from the bottom), I believe that standing still could be best for protection.

You could even make it slightly slower due to infinite grip (spikes at the end of legs), but they would be worthy.

Make legs great again!

they should even be able to crawl upside down. also hey should have a key what makes them jump and crush cars under them(profitable since frames resist contact but guns dont)

• Like 2

The whole problem with the pushing seems to reated to faulty programming or bad math. Legs seem to have similar issues with both pushing AND with hills.

It seems both ingame gravity and "pushing" are based on similar math. The legs do not have math written into them to resist these powers. If you let yourself freefall a hillside you'll have major issues stopping with legs. It's like the legs don't even attempt to resist the gravity when trying stop the freefall (hope I explained it properly). This is eerily similar to the problems with pushing: if you are being pushed you'll have almost zero chance at resisting it. However Legs are magnificent at pushing other players as long you're the one who begins the pushing. Try it!! Basically whoever pushes first wins.

Resisting the outside forces applied to leg builds (or lack thereof to be more precise) is the culprit of the many of the issues with legs. I was thinking about making a suggestion where legs would altogether ignore all these forces making them immovable by outside forces but I guess that'd mean the legs could go over a hill and eventually float in the air!! :DD Probably not what we'd want.

• Upvote 1

Dear Devs,

set the best ammount of Legs to 6. More no one need it (but Spider have 8 Legs)

Also decrease the power after 6 Legs and not before, like yet.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3