Sign in to follow this  
NightmareRunner

World ended in 2021 yet everything's from 80s and older

Has anyone noticed this? 90% of the cabins in this game is  old cabins, nothing modern let alone tank cabin, wouldn't you be expecting in a world that died out in 2021 to be seeing  more cabins and such from present and into the future? We have 3 pickup truck cabins from early 80s early 90s that are virtually the same, two semi truck cabins one military and one civilian that look like they exited the 80s a tank carapace that looks old as dirt, 1920s/30s hot rod, 90ish fury jeep so on an so forth, dawn children is the only thing that seems to fit the bill of modern/ futuristic in 2047. Shouldn't we have more cabin optins or ck kits for our cabins?

Edited by NightmareRunner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 4

Not quite sure why this get downvotes... this is Crossout, not "Vintage Cars - The Game. :007:

Yes, having some more modern (as current and 20 minutes into the future) things would be nice.

And why does it have to be based on something real? I mean, sure if you are out of creative ideas, why not. But more creative options would be a nice touch and also offer more development freedom.

• Like 2

It's because new cars aren't well made enough to survive 20 years even without an apocalypse lol.  Jokes aside, it would be nice to see some newer stuff if it at least fit the style of the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

On 19.11.2017 at 11:33 PM, NightmareRunner said:

Has anyone noticed this? 90% of the cabins in this game is  old cabins, nothing modern let alone tank cabin, wouldn't you be expecting in a world that died out in 2021 to be seeing  more cabins and such from present and into the future? We have 3 pickup truck cabins from early 80s early 90s that are virtually the same, two semi truck cabins one military and one civilian that look like they exited the 80s a tank carapace that looks old as dirt, 1920s/30s hot rod, 90ish fury jeep so on an so forth, dawn children is the only thing that seems to fit the bill of modern/ futuristic in 2047. Shouldn't we have more cabin optins or ck kits for our cabins?

But....but....but Hovers COULD BE until 2047 and everyone disliked it as this game is only about Mad Max and not about apocalypse. At least majority augmented like that. I`m totally with you and would love see stuff from possible "future" between now and the aliens. But I think most player just don`t get this logic and live only in Mad Max world....even if this world is amazing it this point of the majority very sad. So I hope we will get something from the future, before the past get us.

• Upvote 1

well for most of the players there is only the mad max world in that the game before dawn childen because it  suggested it with the media .(in fact on screenshots you could see hover before but barely someone recognized. 2021 isn´t that far away so dawn children stuff is beyond that point alrdy. I don´t care what comes cause I dont have to use, until the bad balance "forces" me to.

Edited by Intoxic79

Hello to everyone in this topic and thank you for the discussion)

As you probably know, Crossout takes place in the same universe as one of our previous games, Hard Truck: Apocalypse (AKA Ex Machina). While creating the Wastelands, we drew inspiration from many iconic works (you can find some elements of them in the game:). But when we are working on expanding the Crossout's lore we look up to the atmosphere and rules of HT:A universe first.

That being said, your suggestion sounds very interesting, NightmareRunner! No promises, but this suggestion has been added into our "Ideas Box")

Thanks again for the discussion)

This topic is now locked.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3