HeIIyx

"Freeze" lag issue at battle start.

Hello there,

As in title, I've been experiencing some "freeze" lag at the battle start that lasts for 1-2 mins. This problem is happening for a weak now and before the game was working correctly.
So today I decided to look for help because I was frustrated by not being able to enjoy the game and talked to @AntideathX in-game chat. He recommended me to post here on forums.
I'm in Brazil, using Windows 10 x64 fully updated, all drivers on latest versions and no changes on Software / Hardware made. I'm using DirectX 9 and game graphics settings have the windowed full-screen mode, 1920x1080, v-sync on, anti-aliasing and anisotropic off. The rest are pretty much set to low beside texture and draw distance. Those settings are the same as when the game had no such issues, and any change I make there will not "fix" the problem.
I attached all logs and screenshots showing the problem exactly when it was happening. Note that on game.log there are many WARNING lines.
The screenshots show the F11 status bar. There you can see the "received" value varying from 170-280 kbit/s while the game is "frozen." The last picture shows the values when the game is "back" and playable again (in the same match).
I noticed that this issue usually happens on US servers. As I said, it lasts for 1-2 mins, and after that time you are either disconnected or able to play again - if you are still alive. Also, while "frozen," I'm able to use chat normally, and people can see and reply my messages instantly.
Talking about chat, I also have an issue with it getting disconnected very often. If you see the chat.log, there are a few "Connection to chat-server established" and "Disconnect form chat-server." Those happen randomly, and I noticed this chat problem for the last three months. It's not bad as the "freeze" lag, but it's also annoying when you are talking to someone, and it gets disconnected.
Please let me know how to fix those problems. I like the game.
Thanks.

Logs.zip

Edited by HeIIyx

Status Update: Today, 11/21/17, the game was just unplayable for me. Not only the "freeze" lag at the battle start but lots of packets lost causing a big "rubber-band" lag. I could barely move my car, no chance to fight at all. Last night, besides the problems cited in this thread, I was able to play a few games.

I don't know if there's any changing being made on the game's servers or anything that can explain these issues. On my computer everything still fine, internet (35mb), all drivers updated and Windows as well. I can play other online games I have just fine. I also noticed that for the first time I got queued to join the game. Maybe servers were overloaded? Is that explains the problems I'm facing?

Please, devs/mods help me with a solution. Let me know if you guys need any other info.

Thanks.

Hello,

I've been trying to play one single game without lag today but no luck.

I saw someone posting WinMTR logs on other threads and I decided to run that program and add some logs here for the following IP's: 207.244.92.139 ; 207.244.92.140 ; 207.244.92.152 . These are just some samples. All the other IP's starting with 207.244.92. have same problems.

Logs are attached. Hope it can help you guys with a solution.

WinMTR Logs.zip

Edited by HeIIyx

I forgot to mention but when my game was running fine 10 days ago my ping on US servers was around 140-150ms and on EU was 220-230ms. Today, as you can see on logs, was around 290-330ms on US.

Hey, I´ve been having the same problem for the past few weeks, and so does my friends, and guess what, we are from Brazil too. Seems completelly random, sometimes I´m frozen, sometimes they are, last night 3 of us we´re playing and I was lagging about 4/5 games while they were not. This lag happens only in missions, we did a lot of raids and a few brawls with zero lag for any of us (could be just random but idk). We were on teamspeak togheter, and while I was lagging frozen in game, I could still shoot and move correctly according to others, but in my game everything was frozen. My command inputs seem to go through as my friends we´re watching and talking to me.

After seeing your post I´m pretty sure it has something to do with our country. I asked around in general chat and on reddit and this doesn´t seem to happen to many people, but what you described is exactly what´s happening to me. Freeze at the start, sometimes it gets back, sometimes it gets disconnected. Doesn´t happen everygame though, it was usually around half my games but this weekend it got way worse as I said, yesterday 4 out of 5 for me. I also had no problems at all around 20 days ago or so, game ran smoothly and never had even some small lag spikes.

I am using Net Virtua btw, and I believe the two friends I was playing last night use the same ISP, but we´re not in the same city or state. I can provide some system info and logs too but I don´t know how to do this exactly.

Please help us fix this, thanks, any help is appreciated

Hello. I also can confirm this problem. Precisely as @HeIIyx and @Tubssss said. I'm also in Brazil and have same Net Virtua ISP. It only happens when playing on US PvP serves, not all tho. It looks like something changed on the connection routes for the last two weeks that I can't fix by myself. I called my ISP, and they have no idea what to do to fix it - at least that's what they told me. I remember having a similar problem with another online game (PoE) where everything was working great, and on next day suddenly ping went from 15ms to 300ms and after a few days their devs fixed it by contacting ISP's to change the route. 

I hope you guys can solve this problem because it makes me quit the game, it's so annoying. If you ask me why not just play on EU or another server, I say it's not good because the ping is over 250ms.

Thanks.

I'd like to add my name to the list of those effected by lag.  I'm in Melbourne, Australia and have the same issue. For me, the lag always starts after the 1st game. 

Really hope this gets resolved quickly, as playing raids is a gamble, with often lost fuel and no game or reward.  :(

Hello

Yes, @Stoopid_noob that's exactly what happens here. If I play on US PvP servers I'll get that lag let's say 60-70% of the time, but on EU servers I never got that, as I said before. Would be nice if you had your F11 status showing on video.

Today I also experienced some lag while playing raids - PvE - on US servers for the first time. Not at game start but just on every new wave of enemies that was release on Defend mission. I lost over 400 fuel trying to get it done for season quests before changing to EU servers and being able to finish it finally. The problem with doing this change is that ping will be above 240ms, almost unplayable, while on US I usually get 150ms.

Please keep us updated on this case.

Thanks.

Dear Dev's and all involved with this issue,

Here's a game from Sunday 3 Dec that I recorded with F11 Status active.  It's about 8 minutes and features my experience from game launch.  First game plays fine, but the second is the usual lagging mess.

Not sure if you'll be able to read the F11 status from this upload.  If not, send me a message and I'll send you the original file (112mb) via a dropbox.

Hope this helps nail this bug!

===========================

Additional Info: After a few days of observing the issue I can say that the lag appears to be in the matchmaking system.  In the above video there are several key points to note.

Time 2:18 - beginning of match 2

Time 2:20 - Timer starts 10 sec countdown.  several players are still to connect.

Time 2:30 - Counter hits 0 and game starts for everyone else. Ping spikes at 530 then drops back to 319.

Time 2:34 - Drops 2 AI players on red team

Time 3:15 - New Player added to red team (supasoakher)

Time 3:36 - Drops 1 AI on blue team

Time 4:03 - Game finally begins. Note it is now 1:27 seconds behind the actual game start.

There-in lies the lag issue.  Why the, What the, how the...? Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Stoopid_noob
Additional info

I have a same problem now. High ping oftem come out, and I cannot do nothing. Nothing wrong with my internet connection. Maybe wrong with server-my pc connect or something. I don't really know. Pls find that bug as soon as possible.

Hey Guys,

As of ~12.00pm Melb time, I've been able to play my matches again. Woohoo! :)

Not sure what's changed, but it's working for me... Thx Devs - you the best!

I experience the same issues sometimes playing from asia. What I notice when it happens my received kb/s jumps to over 300+ when normally it is around 25 kb/s.

It only ever happens at the start of the game though and unless I get disconnected the spike usually disappears after 10 or so seconds.

Hello,

I've been playing today after the game's "Christmas" update and I'm very happy to say, after over a month, that I didn't get any "freeze" lag on US servers as described on this thread, so far. Finally!

I hope I'm not talking too soon. I have not seen anywhere that you guys actually fixed this problem or something else happened. All I know it's great to be able to play the game fine again. To be honest, I was about to quit Crossout because of that issue.

Let's see if other players from Brazil that also had same problems come here and tell us if it got any better.

If devs fixed the problem, I want to thank you all.

Thanks.

game freezing and lag. battle counts down but then does follow threw to start game. and then I can not leave the game with force shut down

Hello all!

I got disconnected from an invasion raid session after killing the first leviathan but the the game never gave me back my 40 fuel spent to enter the session. Can you guys look into it? Also, how do I get my 40 fuel back?

Thanks!

I have same freeze problem in Belo Horizonte, MG/Brazil.

Pls fix this problem and create a South America server.

We love Crossout game.

Edited by WMO2005

Same type of problems for me playing here in the US. Ping & latency spikes will shove my car around at best & make for unplayable conditions at worst.

Both EU & US servers do this to me, which is where I end up with auto or even US server option chosen. For me there is a higher ping yet less spike in EU vs US servers, as evidenced by playing with f11 pushed three times. 

For now the high latency & ping leading to control loss, brings my thoughts back to another fun game "Wind of Luck" also plagued by server lag, owed to far off servers & me being in the US.

However this is non existent when I play War Thunder, nor did I witness it in Star Conflict when I last played... Long ago... So...

I just trust eventually it shall be ironed out to everyone`s satisfaction.

Guest astrozildo

It is 22/07/2018 and i have the same problem here. I am from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil and i hope that the devs create a south america server! :(

Edited by astrozildo
wrong type

3 hours ago, astrozildo said:

It is 22/07/2018 and i have the same problem here. I am from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil and i hope that the devs create a south america server! :(

Please read this manual https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/254783-submitting-a-bug-report/ and post separate bugreport