BjKalderon

Questions to the developers Winter 2017-2018

This topic is designed to collect and organize the players' questions towards the developers as well as their answers.

Answers are usually given daily on weekdays. Developers will read all questions, but questions which are not clearly defined, which are obviously stupid, which are lying on the "surface", or which violate the rules of the forum, will be ignored and deleted.

How to ask questions:
Formulate your questions as clear as possible. Try to ask only important questions. Use the search function before asking any questions, some questions may have already been answered.

The following rules apply to this thread:

1. Posts that do not contain any game related questions will be deleted.
  2. This thread is not for suggestions. Any suggestion posted in this thread will be deleted.
  3. Any discussion in this subject will be considered as flame and offtopic and will be punished appropriately.
  4. The questions are asked towards the game developers and therefore only they can respond.
  5. The thread will be cleaned at least once a week. This means that all player posts will be removed and the questions will be added to the developers answers as a quote.
  6. Flood is not allowed in this topic. If the question is posted multiple times then no answer will follow.
  7. We do not comment any questions concerning the in-game economy.
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1.There's possibility to improve Storm Warning mode and make them more playable/similar to PUBG? Are there any works on this mode? We will get a dedicated map for this mode?

2.Any ideas for the new PvP Factory/Powerplant like maps?

BjKalderon (Posted )

MajorROB, 1). At the moment we are concentrated on different things, but improvements might be coming to this mode, along with the new content later. 2). If you are interested in the same kind of aesthetics and combat this map provides, then yeah, we got some ideas about something like that)
  • Upvote 1

Hi Gaijin, i am very depressed about this issue. Several months ago there was an amazing feature where you can craft DIY relic containers. But now you can no longer craft them nor buy them. So my Question is; What are you planning to do about relic containers? (I hope this comes true)

BjKalderon (Posted )

Theodere, hello. There are no plans to make them craftable in the nearest future. However, you can still purchase these containers on the market.
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Hi,

Will you consider adding different colors for crosshairs based on weapon group ? It tends to be a bit confusing when using multiple groups.

Thanks,
Cip.

BjKalderon (Posted )

cipcir, hello! We don't have any plans on implementing this feature in the nearest future.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8
  • Upvote 2

Guest Nailtheslayers

Will there be better Rewards for early testers?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello! All of the CBT participants were awarded with a special armored vehicle after the OBT started) If you are asking whether there will be any reward for the OBT players, then there're no plans for that at the moment.

Hey 2 questions;

1) Can u give me estimate ETA for reintroducing Night Map ?

2)Spectre is a fairly balanced weapon and deadly in right hands,it doesnt need any major tweak,balance BUT their structure is LOW how in earth Blue synthesis gun have higher structure.A little DMG boost wont hurt too,you know you probably read/saw how Vectors are better then Spectre.A little Love for spectre is what we need :)

BjKalderon (Posted )

StreaMRoLLeR, hello! 1). There's no ETA yet for a number of reasons (one of them being the upcoming Holidays and we are planning something special for our players;) 2). The next update is expected to arrive pretty soon. There are no specific details about Spectre, but there should be some tweaks with other machine guns.

Is it ever planned for faction specific cabins only available in packs like the Tarantula to be craftable? Other similar F2P games often release exclusive payed content, and then several months later it is made available to non paying players. Just wondering if that will be the case in Crossout, or it it will always remain exclusive.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Crunk_Prime, hello. It's worth mentioning that the in-game packs are not exclusive (except the console ones). All of the details can be purchased on the Market. Regarding your question about making the cabin craftable - it's possible, but it shouldn't be expected in the nearest future.

Hello, when are you going to fix drones finally so ppl cant have drone only builds. You said drones werent and arent meant to be boated.

My suggestion is to set a limit to the drones. No matter which type of drone- you can only mount 2 of them. 

BjKalderon (Posted )

LittleBird2, hello. We don't have plans to limit the number of drones per vehicle. However, we've already made a number of balancing tweaks to this kind of weapon and, if necessary, more of them will be applied.
  • Upvote 2

Can you please direct me to were it explains how the single player/group players teams are formed.  I am sure it is here I just can not fine out how the game selects individuals to be placed were when creating groups.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hardlimit, hello! The teams are being assembled on the basis of your Power Score. This way, you can choose what to install on your craft and what PS level to play on. You should also pay attention to the details installed on your vehicle (e.g. try to modify it so that the weapons will consume a majority of the PS scores ).

Dear Devs, I think you guys should open up a new thread for discussions about your Youtube Crossout Show. I had a few questions regarding my prize, but it was never approved by the moderator.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Baymax4ever, hello! In case you haven't received your award yet, you should send me a personal message on this forum describing your situation.

will the storage space be expanded in the near future to more than 300 pieces?

BjKalderon (Posted )

homygold, we have no plans to expand the storage space at the moment. This cap is there for a number of balance and technical reasons. And don't forget, that the Levi mode is always there to satisfy your building needs;)

This is a minor one but is it possible for you guys to make the head lights on the cabins & buggy grill workable just like y'all did the torino bumpers?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TWISTED_METAL_X! There're no plans at the moment, but the idea has been passed to the team. Currently it's not the top-priority issue, so we'll consider it later.
  • Upvote 3

1. I want to put some awesome video to the crossout show, but I cannot speak Russian, so should I submit videos in the same mailbox ([email protected]) which seems to be used by Russian players?

2. Defenders are well-armored, easy to be hidden and having decent firepower, since Spitfire are nerfed, why Defender didn't? Can we expect some tweaks to it?

3. For the Christmas or new year, will there be activities like Knight riders where we can get some new gears from?

4. When can we see the first part of Devblog of the new faction, can we expect some information about it before 2018?

5. AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUFF FIREBUG

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Robocraftman! 1. Yes, you should send it to the same mailbox. It doesn't depend on your native language or the country you're living in. 2. In the nearest update we don't plan any tweaks for Defenders. Tweaks are being implemented only if they are really necessary, according to the statistics. Speaking about the future - almost every weapon in the game may receive some tweaks, as a multiplayer game is a living world, where some changes in mechanics or parts (e.g. cabins, construction parts) may result in weapons tweaks. 3. We're planning a New Year event, but currently there's no official information on what it will look like. 4. I suppose that the first part of Devblog will appear only in the next year. At least there're no plans to release it till the end of December. 5. We got your point :) Relic weapons will receive their tweaks, but not in the nearest future.
  • Upvote 1

Is humpback getting mass back? 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, SpectralFear! We're not planning to tweak mass and tonnage stats in the nearest future. Humpback still remains to be the only cabin which is able to carry this mass limit. Still, we're planning to apply some minor tweaks to cabins' power (it's a stat, that acceleration depends on, not energy points).
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Do you know, when the new update with the new pack will be released on PS4 and Xbox? I really want to test the new cabin ^^.

BjKalderon (Posted )

xXR34P3RXxi, hello! There is ETA yet, as there are many aspects to be taken into account (like the time it's going to take the publishers to approve the update). But we'll do our best to make the gap as small as possible:)
  • Haha 1

When are we going to see the nomads, dawns children and steppenwolfs appear in PVE?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Venoem, some of the advanced factions (like Lunatics, Nomads and Scavengers) will come to Raids PvE with the nearest update. Elite factions (like Dawn's Children and Steppenwolfes) are a work in progress and may be added later;)
  • Upvote 2

Hello

1. Is there any chance to reward players in battles (XP reward not sticker) for destroying deployable modules?

2. Is there any plan to make daily and season missions more varied? They are especially in season boring and repeatable.

Thanks

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Nusz_pel! 1. Currently no plans on that. In such situations the module, that releases drones, is a weapon and you receive exp. points for its destruction. 2. Yes, we're working on it and will continue to do it in the future
  • Sad 1

Hello

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I have yet to receive a satisfactory answer. So I will try to reword my questions.

Don't you think that weapons which offer some of the best DPS in their tier, require very little skill to use, can be hidden behind layers of armor on all sides & instantly multiply the user into several targets, should be limited?

Isn't a vehicle which can instantly morph into 5-6 targets while 4-5 of said targets attack enemies cabins, flawlessly, requiring the pilot to concentrate on nothing but evasion while his weapon deployers sit safely behind layers of armor, a little OP???

So many advantages & the two disadvantages (cool down & limited ammo) are easily mitigated by Chameleon & Cheetah.

Thank you for an amazing game & please make it fair.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, NordicJedi! We're also not very happy that drones and turrets are being used as the only weapon on the vehicle. But we should admit, that it's up to the player, who is free to make his own choice. The solution to limit the number of drones per vehicle is the last one we would use, as we don't want to add new limits to the freedom of constuction process. We're looking for possible solutions to make all the AI-weapons more interesting to play with and against. For example, we're considering the new 'lock on' mechanic, when the player should point the target manually. When the enemy hides behind any obstacle, the AI loses the target and it should be pointed again.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Since the new map that came with the 0.8.20 patch is a work in progress will there be more of a range of PVE in the future ? at present there is 2 easy and 2 hard raids 1 medium raid and an invasion raid on console.

I was hoping that the invasion raid would be separated from the other raids and put into it's own category like the clan wars and have it's rewards tweaked

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Venoem! The suggestion deserves consideration, but at the moment we're not planning to separate the invasion raid. In the next update we're planning to add a new raid, new mission (Training) and a mode to relax and ride anything you want (a kind of deathmatch without matchmaking system, time limits and rewards).

Are there any plans to let us use more than one TOW per vehicle? Even if it's just 2, not 3? I'd really like a solo TOW vehicle, and I really don't see why not.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ImTwizzle! The main problem is that TOW is a guided missile and it's impossible to launch two or more missiles and guide them both at the same time.
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Hello.

Is there a way to reset progress on Xbox? If not could you please add one? It's just that I'd like to start again and I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello! If you want to reset your progress, please, write to the 'Support' section on the official Gaijin store website: https://store.gaijin.net/ If you don't have an account there, it's necessary to create one.

any chance of weight and physics\damage relating to it getting examined? you should be able to pancake another vehicle by landing on it with a heavier one and being pushed\lifted by builds at a fraction of my weight doesn't make sense since they have to lift the combined weight of all of our parts. tracks should be shredding parts off wedges when they try to drive under and the legs should at least be immobilizing them when stepped on if not outright crushing them 

BjKalderon (Posted )

Azrael_Bane, hello! We are working on improving the in-game physics. However, the armored vehicles in Crossout are quite complex models with a great number of different patterns and elements to be considered. We'll keep working on improving and developing of this aspect, but the changes will be coming gradually.

Hey all !

Yes ,it is a great game !(my first opinion was negative,but it changed)

But we need more maps to play on....we pay much money on this game.We don't want to be bored!

We don't need more weapons,no panoramas and cabins...but MAPS !

When you go the best way,this game has the potential to become one of the greatest "driving and fight" games of all times.

now my questions:

1.) When will we get more maps ?

2.) When will this game get out of "Beta" ?

BjKalderon (Posted )

DarkBaterang, hello! First things first - the updates we release can be either balanced or content - based, and the key changes take a lot of time to be implemented as they may lead to the gameplay problems. And talking about panoramas - their development and release does not affect the updates at all) They are created for the players who would like to learn different aspects of Crossout's lore;)

BjKalderon (Posted )

1). One of the new maps is expected to arrive with the new update which is expected to be implemented very soon;) 2). At the moment there's no info about that. We got a lot of work to do regarding the balance improvement and content development and it's quite difficult to name an ETA for the full release.

On 12/6/2017 at 3:27 PM, ImTwizzle said:

Are there any plans to let us use more than one TOW per vehicle? Even if it's just 2, not 3? I'd really like a solo TOW vehicle, and I really don't see why not.

Could you guys make it so TOW's had to have different hotkeys? Otherwise, you couldn't go into battle with that vehicle. I understand that we shouldn't be able to launch and control multiple missiles at one time.

Edited by ImTwizzle

BjKalderon (Posted )

ImTwizzle, we have np olans to implement this mechanic in the nearest future. The initial design suggested that the player can use only one TOW at a time.