gaaraplayer

Ranked races

from the start, racing has been a fun little mode where everyone can hop in and race around in a match, and with hovers. that added more speed opportunity. and everyone liked it for a while. but im sure theres pleanty of people who wants order to these races, and kinda want to have special ones that are decided by build and weight classes. 

Ranked races. where your paired up with builds simular to your own. same weight, speed will make each race fun and intense. one wrong move and you can be sent to the back.

rockets will be counted too. so make sure you know how to use them. and hovers will be put into a match with other hover users. this way, everyone can face one another on the same level. without taking the fun out of racing. now of course. the same propertys would apply to ranked races as there are in ranked battles. you need to race a certain amount of times before your in, and being in  3rd to last will not yield anything. so try to stay above that.

the brawl race will still be a thing, but it will be a random race mode for everyone to hop into. while this one will switch out with rank battle every day. so that way. everyone gets a chance to play, and the next day,ranked battle are back. so it goes back and forth constantly.

i feel like this change will make things better, and brawl races is literally a free for all. this will fix a few things. and will have everything in races sorted.

• Upvote 1

As long as this racemode stay separated and don`t affect normal brawl races, it sound like a good try. Would calm a lot "cheeta hover race is dump" people down and give them a new place for fun. And fun is the best, what can happen to crossout.

Sounds like a good idea and couldn't come at a better time. I see people talking about racing being mostly cheetah and hover users. I'm all for it, even though I don't race. 

• Upvote 1

Exactly. (I posted a compareable post, didn't saw this first. Think it will be deleted, I qote me myself:

Spoiler

Sorry it this topic was posted before, i can't find any...

Does anyone agree that hoovers are to fast for races against wheeled vehicles? The last 20 or more races I optimised my car. Not that I think I'm good enough to be always the winner, but I think I normally would have the chance for it, or at least beeing the second or third. But not if hoovers are involved: they mostly claim the places before all wheelers. 

Even if one or two will crash while the seconds after start, they will still win. 

I think this should be regulated. Maybe with optional "Hoovers-Only-Races" or "None-Hoovers-Races". 

And no, its not for me alone. I think that it is frustrating for lower level players to have no chance. Races are the only game-modes where they can win with lower level equipment against higher levels. But not against hoovers....

And no, I'm not the "Must-Win-Player", I always prefere dying or not being first in a thrilling game instead of winning easily with p2p-equipment. If I would like that, I would have a hoover...

Thanks for any constructive critism. Cheers

)

I had some races where a hoover stopped at nearly every gate and waited for me. Me and three ore for other wheelers had no chance against (the other has been the typically non-racer-builds). This is stupid.

• Thanks 2

On 12/8/2017 at 7:06 AM, Lucky_Punker said:

Exactly. (I posted a compareable post, didn't saw this first. Think it will be deleted, I qote me myself:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry it this topic was posted before, i can't find any...

Does anyone agree that hoovers are to fast for races against wheeled vehicles? The last 20 or more races I optimised my car. Not that I think I'm good enough to be always the winner, but I think I normally would have the chance for it, or at least beeing the second or third. But not if hoovers are involved: they mostly claim the places before all wheelers. 

Even if one or two will crash while the seconds after start, they will still win. 

I think this should be regulated. Maybe with optional "Hoovers-Only-Races" or "None-Hoovers-Races". 

And no, its not for me alone. I think that it is frustrating for lower level players to have no chance. Races are the only game-modes where they can win with lower level equipment against higher levels. But not against hoovers....

And no, I'm not the "Must-Win-Player", I always prefere dying or not being first in a thrilling game instead of winning easily with p2p-equipment. If I would like that, I would have a hoover...

Thanks for any constructive critism. Cheers

)

I had some races where a hoover stopped at nearly every gate and waited for me. Me and three ore for other wheelers had no chance against (the other has been the typically non-racer-builds). This is stupid.

anything helps. this ideal should slim a few thing down in terms of better races.

Id like to see race time leaderboards for each map, and have seperate boards for wheels and hovers. Have rewards for people that get the best times and reset the leaderboards every now and then, but keep a main leaderboard for the best times ever achieved that never gets reset just for bragging rights.

• Upvote 1

For myself, the biggest letdown with racing is how overly simple the courses are. There aren't enough low speed corners and the tracks are too open/forgiving. Having too much distance between the edges of the road and the nearest cliff/wall means deviating from a good line is almost inconsequential. Ideally, I would like to see courses with low speed sections like the warehouse exit leading up to ramp mixed with hazards like the bridge overpass in the riverbed map.

A proper matchmaking system might make racing a little bit more fairer but I have the most fun with well timed overtakes regardless of how fair the match up is.

Same as the PVP missions. Any build with epic/purple and higher should play against like builds. The game has been around long enough to have a huge separation between new and veteran players. As a new player getting beat by gear more over skill. Makes the game not free to play AND have fun. Being able to do raids/season missions for supplies is a chore vs veteran/wallet builds. Getting gas alone would make the game unplayable for a starting player. And if you build a low PS vehicle there is some buttmunch seal clubber there with a no armor vehicle with epic/relic weapons.

Just crank up PS for epic and higher. Epic 30% higher. Relic 50% higher. Legend 80% higher. The deco parts would fall under their new/other color rarity/PS group. Only time I'll return to Crossout is after a better balance is in place with greed and common sense. Or for some self abuse.

I am all onboard with separate movement mode races. Wheel, Hover, and Track should be interesting as their own categories. The real-world racing leagues just don't place Outlaw, Sprint, Bronco, Stock, and Formula classes into the same singular race. Even Moster Trucks and Mud Hoppers have their own races. I would like to see post-apocalyptic versions of several different classic tracks. What would Laguna and Monaco look like in 2048?

• Upvote 1

1. Yes i couldn't agree more. Hovers NEED their own racing league because they are simply unbalanced against wheel cars. A good hover pilot will win with 1 lap difference against a good car driver. This is unacceptable. Hovers in wheel car races are simply FUEL FARMERS.
Whenever i get in a race and see 2 or more hovers i simply quit to garage because i know i will have no chance to beat them (not for lack of trying or decent fast wheel builds). This gets frustrating after a while. 
It is as if matching a young buffed athlete runner with an 70 year old occasional marathon runner. There is no contest.

Hovers with hovers and wheel cars with wheel cars. It can't be that hard to code a matchmaking system for two different racing leagues.

2. If the race brawl becomes a permanent game mode that will make many racing fans very happy. This does imply that there should be a weight (not PS) matchmaking system based on tiers.
This could also leave room for much more interesting race events/brawls:

- Classic race - no boosters allowed
    - Rig race - requires the Trucker cabin
    - Racing Championship - a 10 race event in which players will advance to the next race based on a championship score. Each race players will be matched with other drivers that had good results in the pervious stage, getting to race some of the best pilots of crossout in the final race.
    - Drag race unlimited - 2 players - 500m in a straight line - no limits
This would make Crossout a much more interesting game :)

Dangerosul

• Upvote 1

Spoiler
I posted this:

What I would really like to see is 3-tier racing modes. 

Tier 1 would be no boosters no hovers.

Tier 2 would be no boosters.

Tier 3 would be unlimited.

I'd also like to see the chase maps included in the race map pool.

In this topic

Since my topic is still in premoderation 3 months later, I guess I will post here too.  My suggestion was not involving ranked matches, so this is why I didn't put it here, but maybe supporting here where it's made it out of premoderation will at least garner some attention from the devs.  

Bring on the races with separate classes!! competitions, ranks, winnings....and not crap containers...make the winnings a little more enticing. :015:

Another race day goes by where hovers dominate wheeled cars in almost every single race. Usually the only time a wheeled car gets 1st place is when there are no hovers at all.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:39 AM, SNIPER_WOLF said:

hover vs hover

and wheel vs wheel vehicle.

don't even dream about it , people flooded devs with requests to separate hovers from NORMAL race builds , they ignoring those since 2 years and never mentioned this ever,

defs like playing hovers , they main hovers and crickets on 9k, so they will never be truly nerfed ( i talking about switching off strafing for them or reducing it to meat grinder level)

devs just looking at the numbers that why they cant balance this game , they see how harvesters doing average dmg not realizing its an average from 8k sparkvesters 1v6 enemy and 5k useless harvester newbies , same with race , they think its popular and liked mode, thrue is hover players abuse it to get crates and the whole rest just want to be in first 4 9 times in a week for mission ,

lets make experiment

;remove mission for 9 x brawl or not count race as brawl and there will be only hovers playing this mode TRUST ME ON THAT

and then when they realize they can no longer farm fuel and crates effectively suddenly there will be so few players applying for race that no one would play it because you would need to wait 10 minutes for matchmaker

Edited by alpha1q

27 minutes ago, alpha1q said:

people flooded devs with requests to separate hovers from NORMAL race builds , they ignoring those since 2 years and never mentioned this ever,

Sadly this is do true... and thus 2017 post is one drop in the ocean...

I'm kind of surprise was accepted to gather feed back... but.... in fact... it wasn't...  I don't see the "opened to gather more feedback comment...."...

10 hours ago, alpha1q said:

don't even dream about it , people flooded devs with requests to separate hovers from NORMAL race builds , they ignoring those since 2 years and never mentioned this ever,

defs like playing hovers , they main hovers and crickets on 9k, so they will never be truly nerfed ( i talking about switching off strafing for them or reducing it to meat grinder level)

devs just looking at the numbers that why they cant balance this game , they see how harvesters doing average dmg not realizing its an average from 8k sparkvesters 1v6 enemy and 5k useless harvester newbies , same with race , they think its popular and liked mode, thrue is hover players abuse it to get crates and the whole rest just want to be in first 4 9 times in a week for mission ,

lets make experiment

;remove mission for 9 x brawl or not count race as brawl and there will be only hovers playing this mode TRUST ME ON THAT

and then when they realize they can no longer farm fuel and crates effectively suddenly there will be so few players applying for race that no one would play it because you would need to wait 10 minutes for matchmaker

As much as I think the race mode is unbalanced and heavily favors hovers, this kind of hyperbole + random attack on devs isn't exactly going anywhere.
At a similar building and driving skill, hovers always outclass wheels. And the difference is huge between bad cars and bad hovers, because bad hovers can literally hit every gate and opponent with almost no trouble. But it's much slimer as building and driving skill increase. Besides RA2lover (who single-handedly proves that 1 races are unbalanced and 2 something needs to be done to prevent people from farming it), I can't think of a single good hover user who doesn't struggle when ConsoleFace or GUERRA bring their wheeled builds in races.

I have a set of hovers and no Bigfoots, and I chose to race on rare wheels every Friday. Won more than a dozen times again today.

Wanna improve races for wheeled builds? Increase ground clearance on all rare wheels, make racing maps that aren't a hover's paradise with jumps, no grip and water everywhere (pretty much all the current maps), fix the numerous collision issues and wonky physics when a car hits the ground (most common being getting flipped randomly, stopping net, or getting stuck for extended periods of time) wich simply don't happen to hovers. It's okay if they want to play easy mode for people who can't pass a gate without hitting it, but wheels shouldn't be randomly punished when doing well on top of being punished every time you make a tiny mistake.

Edited by Clebardman

On 8/9/2019 at 5:41 PM, Clebardman said:

Wanna improve races for wheeled builds? Increase ground clearance on all rare wheels, make racing maps that aren't a hover's paradise with jumps, no grip and water everywhere (pretty much all the current maps), fix the numerous collision issues and wonky physics when a car hits the ground (most common being getting flipped randomly, stopping net, or getting stuck for extended periods of time) wich simply don't happen to hovers. It's okay if they want to play easy mode for people who can't pass a gate without hitting it, but wheels shouldn't be randomly punished when doing well on top of being punished every time you make a tiny mistake.

god improvements but it wont change situation much, defs are afraid to fix it, in fear to backlash of many players with 14 rare thruster-hover build.

also if you remove tokens mission for brawl and race will die instantly , that's what happened to battle royale , it died right after they removed token mission for taking first place

well, thinking first about this state of population,

if execute such thing ranking match
waiting time well become too long,noone play race
actually in AS and AU region, brawl never match
so people don`t play brawl 
 *who wanna play on 300ms ping EU and RU region server?*
but, i agree your brawl suggestion,
If you want to make it possible, need to limit the number of people
8 people take too long to match
By be 6 or 4 people, quick matching time can be realized.

*But my wish is to match with AS
No matter how fast i make a car, can't control it because of high ping(near or over 300ms)
As a result, EU and RU players are always in a favorable situation
Developers who do not see this situation as a problem are crazy

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

My english isnt very good, sorry guys. I've got a question. I play CO since 2 Weeks, i'm now Level 10 but i don't see ranked games. When i can play ranked games or is it disabled?

I think ranked races are a great idea but I am 100% committed to persuading them to make prebuilt racers to put everyone on the same level. If people want hover races they can do that too.

Races should be fair and balanced. Just like big black scorpions. Skill based not based on who can exploit hovers the best. When a race starts and there aren't any hover users everyone has more fun. When there are hover users most of the other players quit immediately. Also new players tend to just join race brawls in what ever craft they happen to be using at that time. Watching a couple gorilla cans with avengers mounted on top of them casually stroll around the track is painful to watch. 

I remember when I first played crossout it was "death race" and it was completely idiotic. The current state of racing is still just as stupid. There are so many ideas for races that I don't understand why they haven't been introduced yet. I'll name a couple of them. 

Prebuilt racers both wheeled and hovers (total balance)

Point-to-point races on chase/last convoy maps (great idea)

Bring back "death race" but use prebuilt racers and have weapon pickups and limited ammo scattered on the track. Add some boost activation pads like Mario cart (why not)

Sure are a lot of other great ideas out there. Also slot of really bad ideas. I would say this topic is bad idea. Matching player built crafts is pretty impossible... and also creates matchmaking HELL!

:'D

Do not give me a prebuilt racer  wtf, 95% of the fun is to design the sexiest race car that handles well and can win games.
Yes, hovers are too powerful. There are ways to balance that. the devs probably don't want considering they are not doing it. It's that easy.

And wiggly BF flatbeds with no style tend to wreck 90% hovers when played well. Only RA2lover proves that hovers are broken.

Edited by Clebardman

Playerbase: we don't like the current ranking in the Mayhem events.

Devs: ok, we heard you... GO PLAY SOCCER WITH THE SAME RANKING SYSTEM!

Playerbae: we don't like sniperfest maps with too much open space and no cover spots.

Devs: ok, we heard you... GO PLAY ON SANDY GULF AND THE CRATER!

On 8/29/2019 at 5:03 AM, Clebardman said:

Do not give me a prebuilt racer 

Devs: ok, we heard you... JUST USE THIS! image.png

Edited by lucashc90