Sign in to follow this  
ShadowWolfTJC

So, does anyone know of any other maps where the placement of cargo in cargo race mode is problematic? (Also, any solutions?)

For now, I know of these 2 maps:

• Broken Arrow: Sometimes, you spawn on one side of the map (such as the eastern starting point), only for the 1st cargo crate to spawn on the other side of the map (such as the western starting point). Better hope your team has a fast vehicle, or else you'll lose right after the match starts.
  • Factory: Sometimes, cargo crates spawn on the other side of the map, though not necessarily from the start.

As for solutions, maybe if the cargo crates were to be placed in a pre-defined non-procedurally-generated pattern (like in Twin Turrets, which has only 3 cargo crate spawn paths to take, all of which are easily manageable), then maybe we would have fewer problems with this?

• Like 1

Rock City.

And it's not just Cargo Race, Defence is just as bad.  Here we've spawned in on the normal capture point and the first pump-jack is the opposite side of the map.

screenshot-171217-132220.jpg

15 sec with my non hover 9K build.

Edited by gromulator

I sse also the problem in the algorithm, which activate Cargo & Co. So my solution is same like yours: Don't let this pylons or cargos spawn random (from algorithm created). Create 4-5 variations where you should drive a logical line. So you drive one after another (A to B to C to D) and not from A to C to Z to G to K.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gromulator said:

15 sec with my non hover 9K build.

And in this 15sec your pump-jack loose 30%-50% HP...well done, right?

5 minutes ago, MALKAV1337 said:

And in this 15sec your pump-jack loose 30%-50% HP...well done, right?

No. Never hapenend. Sorry. Even in hard raids . Unless some Ace triggered it before.

If u run a 11K  snail, u have to adapt then lol.

This, i see sometimes.

But this problem is more obvious in Siege mode, even on Hovers.

Edited by gromulator

5 minutes ago, gromulator said:

No. Never hapenend. Sorry. Even in hard raids . Unless some Ace triggered it before.

This, i see sometimes.

Happen all the time. In hard raids. Until we are there to protect, pump loose much HP. Often enought we still can protect them but this is just unnecessary. And this s  h  i  t with "Spawn West, next East, third West again" is just annoying as hell.

• Confused 1

I do about 40 hards average per day, sorry. Random or with old friends.

I don't think we play the same game.

What's  your raid built?

Mine is Raider Tower  , you can check.

Spoiler

Raiders.thumb.jpg.6bbfb52fd8d0931e2e2589

I know the game was getting slower but at this point Oo

Edited by gromulator

20 minutes ago, MALKAV1337 said:

And this **** with "Spawn West, next East, third West again" is just annoying as hell.

I see bad first spawns far more often than I see bad subsequent spawns.  It's as if the Starting Conditions algorithm is playing to a different set of rules to the Main Game algorithm.

19 minutes ago, gromulator said:

I do about 40 hards average per day, sorry. Random or with old friends.

I don't think we play the same game.

What's  your raid built?

Mine is Tower Raider  , you can check.

I know the game was getting slower but at this point Oo

We play the same game, but speak avout different points ;-)

I play on Xbox, all my builds can be found under "l2l". And my vehicles are not the problem, but often enought the spownpoint of cargo and hump jacks. This are often far far away from the one before, so that is took too muuuuuuch time to get there.

2 minutes ago, Pickle_CO said:

I see bad first spawns far more often than I see bad subsequent spawns.  It's as if the Starting Conditions algorithm is playing to a different set of rules to the Main Game algorithm.

Both problems exist, indeed. And both are unnecessary and annoying.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, gromulator said:

This, i see sometimes.

Here we go, is from yesterday: pump-jack was on 79% as we arrived. Of course we managed to protect him was this stupid spawn point necessary? I don`t think so. And we were lucky here as the last pump was just a half map away. Often enough he stay on the opposite side of the map. Oh glory algorythm without brains, I love you so much :(

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DUD3 L3B0W5KI/video/41122632

Edited by MALKAV1337

Sign in to follow this