Sign in to follow this  
ShadowWolfTJC

(Polls included) Desert Valley may need a redesign (and I have a simple map concept for such a redesign)

Does Desert Valley need to be redesigned (like how Founders' Canyon was redesigned)?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Does Desert Valley need to be redesigned (like how Founders' Canyon was redesigned)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What do you think about my map design?

• This map is a (more-or-less) PERFECT replacement for Desert Valley!
    • With some tweaks, this map would make for a good replacement for Desert Valley.
    • This map could be used in-game, but NOT as a replacement for Desert Valley.
    • Not only should this map NOT be used as a replacement for Desert Valley, but it should never be used at all in-game.

Given how, in the devs' poll on players' most and least favorite PvP maps in Crossout, Desert Valley is among players' least favorite maps for PvP, I believe it might need a bit of a redesign to make it a bit more enjoyable. As stated in my post in that thread, I believe the biggest issue with Desert Valley is just how much of the map is covered in sand, and believe that it would've been a better-designed map if the sand covered a smaller proportion of the map.

To this end, I've already designed a basic top-down mock-up on how Desert Valley could be redesigned (though the devs are free to make some changes as needed):

5a3a8e1d03267_DesertValleyRemake.thumb.p

The basic idea behind this map design is that sand now covers a smaller part of the map, whilst still having a noticeable presence (much like with the acid lake in Factory), as while players still need to cross over it to get to the opposing team's base, more room was added for those players who didn't want to fight in the sand. Sniper points were added for the benefit of long-range builds that play defensively (and some offensively), while dunes within the sand are still present to provide cover from direct-fire weapons. Various mesas strewn throughout the normally-driveable portions of the map (including the sniper positions) were added to provide cover from homing missiles.

Feel free to comment on my map design.

Edited by ShadowWolfTJC
  • Sad 1

Founders' Canyon

the old one is better

we can get the base

the current one only shooting at each other..

lose the function of base cap

You do realize that this new map suggestion is for Desert Valley, not Founders' Canyon, right? You know, that one wide-open map that's filled with lots of sand that's hard to drive on?

Sign in to follow this