*VeteranTyke

Why is Crossout not cross-play?

Im glad its not. In War Thunder its clear to see PC players have advantage. It would be even more advantageous for PC players in Crossout. Not to mention it would destroy the market for a while. Plus War Thunder is PC and PS4. Crossout is PC, PS4, XBONE. Microsoft would never allow the cross platform. 

• Upvote 1

I can't see why PS4 and Xbox need to be separated, tbh. But I'm not a programmer. Could be a tonn of reasons.

1 hour ago, *Jomar_SL said:

I can't see why PS4 and Xbox need to be separated, tbh. But I'm not a programmer. Could be a tonn of reasons.

Because if you merge with your competitors you will lose customers since you no longer offer a unique service.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, ROACHOR said:

Because if you merge with your competitors you will lose customers since you no longer offer a unique service.

What is unique? Game is already on both consoles. It's not playstation or xbox that provide servers. Sony isn't merging with Microsoft. I don't get it.

• Upvote 3

What if we just cut the middle man (PC) & just allow PS4 & XbOne to merge? Player base is low enough as it is so why not. -_-

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ROACHOR said:

Didnt Microsoft try to negotiate this very subject but couldn't because Sony turned it down? Something happened about that situation but I don't fully remember or know.

Edited by TWISTED_METAL_X

It would be something very serious since I would finish playing on the PS4 at home, I would come to work and instead of working I would play on the PC

• Upvote 1

a major game news outlet reported that players have seen unusual gamer tags in games like FNBR.....speculation has it that Sony (not MS) has finally agreed to test it, and have been doing so for a month or so. i posted about it here: 

4 hours ago, HAILCAESAR01481 said:

a major game news outlet reported that players have seen unusual gamer tags in games like FNBR.....speculation has it that Sony (not MS) has finally agreed to test it, and have been doing so for a month or so. i posted about it here: 

Wait what? Is this true? is anything confirmed?

1 hour ago, TWISTED_METAL_X said:

Wait what? Is this true? is anything confirmed?

"Rumor has it":beee:

But cross-console would be ok, right?

On 12/29/2017 at 1:23 PM, AzraelsGrace said:

Im glad its not. In War Thunder its clear to see PC players have advantage. It would be even more advantageous for PC players in Crossout. Not to mention it would destroy the market for a while. Plus War Thunder is PC and PS4. Crossout is PC, PS4, XBONE. Microsoft would never allow the cross platform. 

What? Microsoft says they're open to it. They've been trying to convince Sony to do it but Sony is against it. MS is even doing cross-play with Nintendo Switch and Nintendo is typically pretty prude when it comes to stuff like that.

• Like 1

On 29.12.2017 at 7:23 PM, AzraelsGrace said:

Microsoft fight since years for Crossplattform. Inform yourself before you blame someone. And if you want to blame someone, pick the right one - small company in Japan with the Name SONY. They block all try to create crossplattform gaming :(

Hello to everyone and thank you for the discussion!

The question of Crossout being a cross-platform game is a much more complicated question, than it seems to be. First of all, it depends on Sony and Microsoft and their negotiations on merging their platforms in multiplayer. Frankly speaking, it seems that it won't happen in the nearest future.

Secondly, if we speak about merging PC and PS4 OR Xbox One, there's another issue which was mentioned above. The difference between console players and PC players is also significant (I mean, of course, gamepad and mouse/keyboard controls). 

At this moment we do not consider anything about making Crossout a cross-platform game. But, if something changes, we will be ready to reconsider our attitude towards this question.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

difference between console players and PC players is also significant (I mean, of course, gamepad and mouse/keyboard controls)

Hehe of course. :002j:

i play CrossOut PC, with a xbox controller, (when its working / remember to charge it lol) keyboards go clickety clack to much, 

Sony has a reputation (as microsoft once did) of being very protective of copyright/intellectual property, Microsoft has matured enough to see the benefits of friendly competition over exclusivity

the markets prices are the biggest disparity between platforms, Player Base size has the most influence with this, more players = cheaper prices

The control method argument is bunkum. War thunder pc players have a perceiver advantage over ps4 players, but that didn't stop you going cross platform with that.

13 hours ago, *FlatCapnWhippet said:

War thunder pc players have a perceiver advantage over ps4 players, but that didn't stop you going cross platform with that

Please, do not forget that the developers of War thunder and Crossout aren't the same. Crossout is being developed by Targem Games.

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2018 at 12:07 AM, Woodyrojo said:

Hello to everyone and thank you for the discussion!

The question of Crossout being a cross-platform game is a much more complicated question, than it seems to be. First of all, it depends on Sony and Microsoft and their negotiations on merging their platforms in multiplayer. Frankly speaking, it seems that it won't happen in the nearest future.

Secondly, if we speak about merging PC and PS4 OR Xbox One, there's another issue which was mentioned above. The difference between console players and PC players is also significant (I mean, of course, gamepad and mouse/keyboard controls). 

At this moment we do not consider anything about making Crossout a cross-platform game. But, if something changes, we will be ready to reconsider our attitude towards this question.

A shame that you refused to state WHY the servers won't be merged.....I'm pretty sure that question was asked..

Just now, mealsonredwheels said:

A shame that you refused to state WHY the servers won't be merged.....I'm pretty sure that question was asked..

It was just explained, try reading next time.

giphy.gif

yeah, nest to impossible. :vanga:

On 12/29/2017 at 8:23 PM, AzraelsGrace said:

crossout is easy to play on a controller, ive won countless games using one on pc, plus if someone wants to use a keyboard and mouse, ps4 and xbone support them, also its not really fair to compare war thunder to crossout, theyre very different games

• Upvote 1