*VeteranTyke

Why is Crossout not cross-play?

On 1/9/2018 at 11:28 PM, Woodyrojo said:

Please, do not forget that the developers of War thunder and Crossout aren't the same. Crossout is being developed by Targem Games.

I bet you can call them, though.  You have access to the other developers, if you need their help with ideas, or something, right?

On 12/29/2017 at 1:23 PM, AzraelsGrace said:

Im glad its not. In War Thunder its clear to see PC players have advantage. It would be even more advantageous for PC players in Crossout. Not to mention it would destroy the market for a while. Plus War Thunder is PC and PS4. Crossout is PC, PS4, XBONE. Microsoft would never allow the cross platform. 

Sony would hold it up more than microsoft

Imo, i want it at this point.  

Just make it like other games, crossplay between consoles, and optional vs pc (i.e. consolers can play vs pc if they want to).

I also heard the new MW has an interesting way, which is letting pc players using a controller play vs console. Not sure it works exactly like that, and it also wouldn't prevent pc from using hacks...

Shared MM and exhibition for both consoles would be a good start. For all modes and battles, including cw. I can't imagine any drawback on this. From there it takes some planning, but in time I see no problem fully merging these two platforms. Ingame voice chat to communicate between platforms when grouped, etc.

30 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Shared MM and exhibition for both consoles would be a good start. For all modes and battles, including cw. I can't imagine any drawback on this. From there it takes some planning, but in time I see no problem fully merging these two platforms. Ingame voice chat to communicate between platforms when grouped, etc.

Man, even if we couldnt party up with x box, it would still be fun to  have  kinda a ps4 vs x box thing going . Or team up with them unable to chat. Talking is overrated, have been in several clans now in t10 not able to talk to people from language barriers whats the difference

• Upvote 2

On 11/29/2019 at 2:55 PM, fftunes4real said:

Just make it like other games, crossplay between consoles, and optional vs pc (i.e. consolers can play vs pc if they want to).

You're suggesting a split in current population for matches

2 hours ago, submaxcw said:

You're suggesting a split in current population for matches

Not in current population, no. Only if console was crossplay.

I doubt too many console players would want to play vs pc. But imho it would be nice if those who want actually could.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:07 AM, Woodyrojo said:

The question of Crossout being a cross-platform game is a much more complicated question, than it seems to be. First of all, it depends on Sony and Microsoft and their negotiations on merging their platforms in multiplayer. Frankly speaking, it seems that it won't happen in the nearest future.

Why can other games do it then...

2 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

That answer is from 2018. Sony were still blocking it back then. They turned around 1 or 2 month ago.

3 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

Needs a bit more time brother, it's coming

3 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

Not in current population, no. Only if console was crossplay.

I doubt too many console players would want to play vs pc. But imho it would be nice if those who want actually could.

Adding them to pve would be okay I guess, but I really don't see a reason to start console vs pc wars ingame we have enough toxic players already. 

Edited by submaxcw
  • Upvote 2

Yeah. I think at the very least Targem should do Xbox+PS4 crossplay since Sony has finally started caving in (took 'em long enough) on crossplay subject. What I've heard is the console playerbase is minuscule compared to PC so qol for both console playerbases would improve significantly when crossplay happens. So do your console guys a favor and at the very least implement crossplay between them!

When it comes to PC+console crossplay, my personal opinion is this: If games like Call Of Duty and Fortnite can handle PC+console crossplay, I see no reason whatsoever why Crossout couldn't handle it. It'd result in even bigger player pool for the MM to draw players from. It'd have minimal impact on russian servers since apparently most of the console guys are EU/US based. Which happen to be the regions which are starved of players on PC platform (especially the US servers).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, submaxcw said:

I really don't see a reason to start console vs pc wars ingame we have enough toxic players already.

Doesn't have to be all negative, you know? If nothing else i'd love to play custom games with sinncakes and the other guys on their sunday sessions...

Both ps4 and xbox support mouse/keyboard, pc support joystick. Mm could be sorted by input device, if needed. The only place it would potentially matter is in cw, imo. The vast majority of players is not at a level where input device matters anyway.

1 hour ago, *VeteranTyke said:

If Wargaming can implement it in their console game. Surely y'all can.

Mr. Whippet, I wil not believe it unless I see it. I may still not believe it after seeing it.

• Like 1