Sign in to follow this  
SmokeyKilla

Can we Please have AI bots removed from PVP

They serve no purpose.  They have  no pathfinding ability.  They continually ram players and get in the way.  I would rather have a match of 3vs3 than a handful of players and 10 AI bots.  It is a waste of time having bots on your team continually sit there and bash into the same wall for 3 minutes.

Edited by SmokeyKilla
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Those good old reapers drones that have only 2 ST wheels on 8...

This is an old issue lol.

Was "passed "to dev. Maybe one month and a half...

Same when they run like Headless chickens at the start of the game ...

So Bump.

My opinion is that's it is just a trick to mask lhe increased lack of playerbase. Just MY opinion.

Edited by gromulator

56 minutes ago, gromulator said:

My opinion is that's it is just a trick to mask lhe increased lack of playerbase. Just MY opinion.

I bet too that that's their main role

You have three major problems in the Matchmaker design that bots help fix. The first problem is no one knows what PS other people are playing at. So you can make a 2500 PS car. 90 percent of the other players are at 4000 PS. But you don't know. So you can go for 30 minutes without getting a match if there were no bots.    The second problem is getting kills for new blood. The PS system allows trash players to make the same PS cars with purple parts and structure that is 3-4 better than new players rides.  Those people farm the new players for ez mode. But the beginning player can get a kill or two from bots. The third problem are toxic bored players. The game already has a very toxic not family friendly group of active players. Bots just stfu and play. Given your current group of players that is a major benefit.  If you have ever seen a family with 2 parents and 8 screaming kids flying commercial that is what the GMs are dealing with. You have way too many people in general chat who are bored with the grind and need instant gratification of some kind.

4 minutes ago, FiveOClock said:

You have three major problems in the Matchmaker design that bots help fix. The first problem is no one knows what PS other people are playing at. So you can make a 2500 PS car. 90 percent of the other players are at 4000 PS. But you don't know. So you can go for 30 minutes without getting a match if there were no bots.

Which could be solved by tiering - have a 5.5k PS match, it's up to you whether you want to chance it with a 2.8k PS car against other cars potentially much higher scoring, but at least you know you'll never face a car over the cap of the tier you chose.

• <= 3kPS
  • <= 5.5kPS
  • <= 8.5kPS
  • Unlimited

These are just off-the-top-of-my-head guesses at reasonable tier thresholds.  May need some fine tuning.  The match experience wouldn't be much different to what it is now.  Sure, you'd be at a disadvantage if your current favourite vehicle was 5,850 PS but you'd quickly adapt to optimise your Power Score.  Either dropping back to the lower tier or upgrading to be more efficient in the higher tier.

It can't be worse than the current match-making, where a 7.6k PS car can find itself in a match spread from 5.5k-11k PS.

i definitely agree that they should be removed from pvp.we can wait a couple seconds more for queue. its called god damn pvp not p+e v p+e . not because ai is weak on the contrary the enemy ai is the only problem for me since i cant dodge their cannons,mgs, unguided (%100 accuracy ) missiles.and they will chase me whole map with their 6th sence( wallhack). just because i run a duster cabin enemy ai will always target me even they have my whole team near them shooting at them they will still chase me and try to kill me.yes they choose targets based on cabin and ignore the rest even though they are getting destroyed by them. in every single game iam dealing with this ****.i can never get close to enemy ai since iam gonna be the only target.if they are already fighting someone else when i get close to them(not even iam attacking them yet) they change their target to me in miliseconds. how about your stupid ai target other enemy ai first? or just target closer ones. i am not gonna change my cab and builds because ur stupid ai prefers duster(probably light cabins is what they like) cabin builds. @BjKalderon @Woodyrojo

Edited by D3N1Z

While I understand the sentiment of the OP, bots are going to be around until there is sufficient player base in a reasonable PS range to fill the matches in a reasonable amount of time.

In my experience, a game that has to use bots to fill out teams is a game that is not doing very well player base-wise.  World of Warplanes is a good example of this.  They had gone down to 5v5 and 3v3 matches.  Eventually they added bots to fill the rosters.  I went back an looked at it when they dropped v2.0 and saw matches with 1 human player on each team so you had 2 humans and 28 bots "playing".  Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the future longevity of the game.

Basically, the more bots you see, the less likely the game will succeed.

On 30/12/2017 at 8:16 PM, SmokeyKilla said:

They serve no purpose.  They have  no pathfinding ability.  They continually ram players and get in the way.  I would rather have a match of 3vs3 than a handful of players and 10 AI bots.  It is a waste of time having bots on your team continually sit there and bash into the same wall for 3 minutes.

The reason given in CBT for them being so bad was that we would never seem them again in OBT as they were only there due to lack of players..........................:015_2:

The PS score of weapons has nothing to do with their effectiveness. They need to track ELO or damage for weapons in PvP on human vehicles. It would be interesting to see average damage in a PvP match for all weapons. 

Sign in to follow this