_Lemmy44_

Storage and Blueprint expansion price is too high

Lots of suggestions getting "added to document" and "opened for feedback" today. Maybe add this one too? @Mraevn ;)

• Upvote 1

Looks like I wasn't summoned in vain. Approved. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I've been waiting for this suggestion a while, but I didn't want to sound like I was the one who was complaining. Thank you for posting!

On 1/19/2018 at 6:13 AM, _Lemmy44_ said:

- Cut the crafting costs of Blueprint storage and Storage expansion.

A great, simple idea. Right now they're the resource cost of a legendary, not to mention the legendary workbench cost. BUT... to ease the market/workbench impact, I recommend causing the expansions to be more effective. I would expect 4-5 times as much storage/slots added considering their cost.

1. Multiply existing expansions for players by 4 (to keep them from feeling really screwed for expanding early)
  2. Make future expansions provide 4 blueprint slots / 100 storage space

On 1/19/2018 at 6:13 AM, _Lemmy44_ said:

- Have prestige levels with the Engineers faction give player additional storage and blueprint slots.

Every Engineer prestige level granting 1 additional blueprint slot??  BRILLIANT!!!!! :DD

Edited by ComradeTiki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I strongly support this. I also use my blueprints and my galley spaces and they are filled up so quickly. As an additional workaround I could create another account, but that is even more fiddling around with two crossout clients (because main account bound to steam).

As there is already a workaround to get more blueprint spaces I suggest to make them more accessable so that workarounds are not needed anymore.

• Upvote 1

Just since OBT we ask this.

You can wait....

• Like 1

We are soon going to have double as many factions with the same tiny storage space and blueprint slots, its about time something is getting done.

Maybe i will even participate in those crafting events with space to spare, win/win situation nobody looses out on.

• Upvote 1

now I need 2 storage expansion to get more space in my inventory, and we all know how much one cost, or even cost to craft.

and I have no idea how much the blueprint disks expands with

One level of blueprint expansion gives you a single slot, terrible.

16 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

One level of blueprint expansion gives you a single slot, terrible.

thank you....

will never make the blueprint storage unless they give atleast 2-3 spots

but will need more storage at some point =(

Thanks for this thread, I was just about to make my own one but decided first to check if someone else made such a thread recently, so I post my concerns here :)

As there is a new faction to come within the next weeks/months, I know that more and more people run into storage problems - and of my understanding, there are even more factions to come. When I think about myself, I don't really have too many parts, and I sold a lot of decoration that made me hit my storage limit all the time. Right now I sit at 230/250, meaning I already used two storage expansions, and I would hit 250 immediately if I was to buy a few decorations, or grinded the new parts, like the wheels and guns. If someone had all the wheels, tracks, weapons and modules several times (3x each weapon, 8-10x each wheel, 4+ boosters/coolers, different engines), they would be at 300-400 parts immediately, especially when they had decorations and that stuff.

Now comes the part: a SINGLE storage expansion costs you like 1.000 coins at the moment. This is absolutely ridiculous, which not only shows that the game has a balancing issue with storage, but it also seriously limits our creativity and possibility to craft new parts and make unique builds. What I just wonder, is there a storage limit? Is it 400 or is it unlimited? Either way, here are my first thoughs.

• in events, people can craft specific storage expansions. They increase your storage limit by 5 and can be crafted up to 5 times. They can't be traded and get more expensive every time you craft them in the very same event. Once a new event arrived, you can make that the player can craft new specific storage expansions again, resetting the price.
    • The prices could be like that (just a very primitive example)
      • 1st time: 500 scrap, 100 copper, 250 event-currency
      • 2nd time: 750 scrap, 250 copper, 100 wire, 400 event-currency
      • 3rd time: 1000 scrap, 400 copper, 200 wire, 700 event-currency
      • 4th time: 600 copper, 400 wire, 200 electronics, 1000 event-currency
      • 5th time: 1000 copper, 600 wire, 300 electronics, 1500 event-currency
    • Note that these storage expansions can't be sold and shouldn't be too expensive to craft as they would only add 5 slots
  • add rewards that increase your storage permanentaly. This could be combined with your achievements that are in your in-game profile
  • as already mentioned, make specific items not consume storage

PS: I also understand that you want to make money and that storage limits are a good way to do so, but it should never ever be that expensive to increase your storage.

What if storage size was based off of your engineer prestige level, and blueprint storage based off of your reputation? (from medals and whatnot)

The craftable expansions would still boost

Edited by PlzCarryMe

4 minutes ago, PlzCarryMe said:

What if storage size was based off of your engineer prestige level, and blueprint storage based off of your reputation? (from medals and whatnot)

The craftable expansions would still boost

They never and DON'T want to answer this question.

Period.

• Like 1

I think this needs a bump, running into a stall with storage with the new stickers and with blueprints as well again. Don't feel like making 5 alt accounts for blueprint storage at the moment/

• Like 1

Sorry, I didn't discover this thread, so I posted my opinion in another. The essence of the post is that both Expansion options are not considered necessities, in market theory they have a very large "elasticity" - changes in price will lead to unproportional changes in demand. Example: a half reduction in price may probably expand its userbase by four times or even more.

This will be beneficial for the Economy, half the resources multiplied four times the userbase will total two times the resource consumption.

Not to mention this will be beneficial to TARGEM/GAIJIN public image and prestige. On PS4 now a single Blueprint slot costs about 50 EUR, which is unparalleled in both paid and free to play games, and there is no way for any marketing gimmick to hide this and avoid accusations for Pay2Win.

Quotes from Internet:

The degree to which demand or supply reacts to a change in price is called elasticity.

Demand for products that are considered necessities is less sensitive to price changes because consumers will still continue buying these products despite price increases. On the other hand, an increase in price of a good or service that is far less of a necessity will deter consumers because the opportunity cost of buying the product will become too high.

Economics Basics: Elasticity https://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics4.asp

4 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Hello to everyone!

The topic has reached the dev. team. We will discuss the possibility to reconsider crafting prices for Blueprint storage and Storage expansion or the amount of slots they provide to the players. Please, do not consider this statement as a 100% announcement that this will happen for sure, but you've definitely started a discussion within the devteam. Thank you

Thank you, this really needs to happen. 

I won't pay to expand at the current cost so all it becomes is an annoyance, constantly having to sell white items or switching Blueprints from the Exhibition. 

On 2/1/2018 at 9:01 AM, gromulator said:

They never and DON'T want to answer this question.

Period.

but they did, maybe you didn't ask them nice enough ;)

Well done @_Lemmy44_@Mraevn & @Woodyrojo

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

So why the lack of action, Only those who are heavily invested (crafting them or having purchased them already) will be negativity affected, (they can probably afford it as they have proven they can afford it having already do so by investing in the 1st place) (if (giving proportional extra spaces/slots to balance those who have already got them so they get a few extra will satisfy most i'd guess)

1. the more storage space I have, the more i can buy
  2. the more blueprint slots the more i can use what i have brought.
  3. stimulates the market.
  4. stimulate creativity.

Leave market volumes for (at once) sale limit as is. (you know player will want this extended to capitalise of more storage)

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Hello to everyone!

The topic has reached the dev. team. We will discuss the possibility to reconsider crafting prices for Blueprint storage and Storage expansion or the amount of slots they provide to the players. Please, do not consider this statement as a 100% announcement that this will happen for sure, but you've definitely started a discussion within the devteam. Thank you :) 

So it's happening now or never, thank you for finely addressing this issue after over half a a year of waiting time... better late than never.

Just to convince you why you should reduce the cost of the blueprint and especially the storage slots, if i don't have room in my storage, i am certainly not going to buy another pack if i can't even keep my purchased items... just keep that in mind  :006j:

Edited by NaggNogger

Just remove the craftable expansions from all the factions and move them over to engineers. Then make them easier to craft. Being able to save more blueprints and have a larger storage limit should not be "end game". Expanding your storage and blueprints slots should be one of the FIRST things available to a new player. You start playing and are right away given the option to expand your storage abilitys with a bit of grinding, or a few dollars of gold up front.

• Upvote 1