PobesneliMaks

The most OVERPOWERED item in the game, the source of every single OP build that has ever been played in Crossout

Approving for feedback, and please control your language.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

I agree. Stealth is broken. Cloak should be barely visible . not complete invisibility like it is now

a good eye should be able to spot a vehicle.

noticing tire tracks are a thing yes

but hovers ignore this entirely. so yea something needs to be done, 

---

not to forget using the cheatah engine like most do significantly reduces the cooldown for the cloak

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

You mean like the tire tracks cloaked vehicles leave behind? Or the audible engine sound? Or perhaps the outline you can see at close range?

The only time anyone with "Shameeleon" ever gives me trouble is when I get rammed with spears unexpectedly and my heartrate jumps to unsafe levels.

Want a quick tip? Be like these guys: upubE2.gif

and they shot the Predator 1 time with 5billion bullets.... :p
but yeah, that works

• Upvote 2

@ _Lemmy44_

Those are great things and I use them cause it's a must. But they don't account for much when a hurricane is using it because he's not close he's not using tires and he shows himself only for a second to shoot his payload. This is a build your own stuff kind of game and singular ingredients are often not a problem. It's the mix that is the killer. 

As for your tip yeah I agree that would solve the issue but not many people run machine guns. And in 12 seconds I could be on another part of the map when I turn the stealth on and I can "sneak" up to your face without you noticing it. It's to much. It's a guaranteed kill if you know what you're doing. 

10 minutes ago, TheKingOfAcesX said:

I agree. Stealth is broken. Cloak should be barely visible . not complete invisibility like it is now

a good eye should be able to spot a vehicle.

noticing tire tracks are a thing yes

but hovers ignore this entirely. so yea something needs to be done, 

---

not to forget using the cheatah engine like most do significantly reduces the cooldown for the cloak

Not entirely I can still see the dust rising beneath the hovers but in the heat of battle it's kinda hard. Especially since it's not like tracks that leave a clear path but is instead choppy.

Edited by PobesneliMaks
  • Upvote 1

I never understood why invisibility was a thing in this game.  Kind of like all the other high-tech nonsense added with Dawn Children.  As the OP stated, it contributes to all the max-reward/min-risk builds that are problematic in the game (although there are other factors as well, to be fair).  Also never been a fan of invisible melee.  Totally ruins the game being 1-shotted by an invisible guy shortly after spawning.

I love melee, I love stealth and tactics, but turning invisible is a cop-out.  It'd be far better to have more useful camoflauges and stealth modules (bushes?  foliage tarps? some anti-radar thing to get rid of the glowing red name over your head?) rather than one silly thing that all these builds rely on. 

Edited by Ch33f
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

I've been using stealth recently and since I have 16 energy, it's as if I spent the coins to get an apollo and chameleon just to use stealth at this point. 9 seconds of invisibility is ridiculously useful and if pair it with a cheetah, you can have the chameleon recharged in several seconds. It's a 1 energy counter for homing missiles and that's not it's only use, like you said. Another module with 1 energy that is very useful would be the radar detector but even that isn't gonna give you as big of an advantage (considering you could use a radar/radio) as the chameleon.

Well the game and the meta is changing constantly. Until recently, it used to be a 2 energy module and it was fine as it was. But the devs reduced the energy consumption to 1 point, because almost nobody was ever using the module. Then other changes and additions could have thrown it out of balance again. If it was up to me to decide, I'd make it consume 2 or even 3 points of energy, but I'd make the modules smaller, 2x2x4 for the blue one and 2x3x4 for the purple one.

Also, I agree with the guy above.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i use stealth, cheetah, on a build i run at 6kPS PvP, originally to break hurricane missile lock-on & drone counter. 

it also has a chain sticking up to the sky mid ship, solely to drive under hovers, or more frequently being stealth have hovers disembowel themselves skimming over me.

it a fun build, i even use it in some raids (easy/med). do I use stealth to attack? not often, mostly shooting then enable stealth to evade then fire again

So why use it at all, hovers, hurricanes, turrets (AI weapons). other commonly used gear with many comment for & against.  its mobile cover, 

• Like 1

even cancer is censored?

dont nerf the stealth..

it is funny.. i only got the blue one..

also hover is nerfed..

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

i think i have to agree with OP on this one,  at the very least making it 1 energy seems to be a mistake.   it seems to remove the damage balance of things that are high damage/close range like shotguns/grenades/lances,  also things that have low structure/high damage like rockets,  the ability to approach without counter play seems to remove those negatives.

right now so many people have it you could almost remove it and just make it a default game ability and it wouldnt change the gameplay much lol,  even me who doesnt really have a playstyle to fit it (autocannons/cannons) went ahead and bought+fused one because it felt necessary to be able to vanish when needed as to keep the playing field even.  

idk what to do about it,  maybe not totally invisible,  maybe stay on radar?  idk the OP is probably right about people overlooking how powerful turning invisible is

• Thanks 1

Just now, RayDingars said:

Also a tip to counter stealth beside spraying; constantly take a quick look at your minimap. If someone has started moving and soon disappears; you have trouble incoming and can prepare for it. That's why I have minimap on the side of my mouse. Pretty handy.

I think you have really good point here. And I think many should follow this advice!

The problem with this currently is the fact nobody seems run radar+radio, at least in many of the matches I have played. This happens all the way up to 10K PS. I see no enemies on minimap yet people dying left and right.

I too do exactly as you describe, but the only way to execute it reliably is to wield a radar detector myself since I cannot count on any of my teammates having a radar and radio.

I wonder how could we get more people to install radios on their build. Sometimes I wonder if those players who seem to do just fine without those are running ESP hacks or something. Because when I'm blind there is simply nothing I can do.

The best way to counter cloak is: radar+radio, radar detector and on top of that: iniative!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

barely visible

1 minute ago, sarinauk said:

then it is useless..

actually most games do have that form of stealth where you can still see it if you kinda know where to look,   or its an mmo style game and they have a particular class that can see stealth enemies like a counter assassin type

24 minutes ago, MRGrimm said:

-snip- ...and they have a particular class that can see stealth enemies like a counter assassin type

I remember seeing a picture of a module capable of revealing stealthed vehicles..
Found it:

Spoiler

Whats_App_Image_2017_11_29_at_4_49_45_PM

Now, that could be them just testing stuff and not releasing it, or completely fake news. But seems like an interesting possible add to the game. I'd like it being only 1 energy tho. Also I'd be good with stealth raised back to 2 energy.

Edited by RayDingars
  • Upvote 3

well, everyone can use stealth, i have it on my dual 12k PS mammoth. I don't think its broken, having a radar is an easy way to counter stealth, when you see the red dot disappear, you know he just used it. And the guy can't shoot while stealth, he can be shot tho and it will reveal him. I'm telling ya, use a radar and stealth become a joke.

No I think stealth add to the gameplay, one of the few counter med/light build have against heavy build like mine. Remove stealth would nerf every light/med build a lot imo.

Edited by sam93931
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

I am not saying that stealth should be removed from the game. I never said that. What I said was that chameleon in combination with cheetah engine gives an advantage that is very not fun to play against. Playing hide and seek basically. 

Let's say we remove hovers.  We would still have the same builds only migrating to a small fast vehicle. They put a few parts higher to see more and it's as if you're on hover. Every nerf weapons got was directly linked to stealth. I am mentioning hovers cause they are usually connected with the hurricane and people think that no other build would work. But it will they will just migrate to small vehicles and do the same exact thing.

- turrets nerfed cause people using stealth placed them behind lines and in places people didn't expect an attack 

- sidekicks were placed in key positions using stealth 

- wedge worked cause you cant see him coming 

- hurricanes 

- shotgun damage was to high because people were ramming and taking out one of your weapons before you could react...because they came from stealth.

I was thinking about something. A TAG system where if I say hit a person with chameleon he can no longer use stealth for the next (arbitrary)5 seconds.

Edited by PobesneliMaks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 24/01/2018 at 8:48 PM, PobesneliMaks said:

- turrets nerfed cause people using stealth placed them behind lines and in places people didn't expect an attack 

- sidekicks were placed in key positions using stealth 

- hurricanes 

Those were used because too damaging and very very easy to use. Also cheetah perk, even more than chameleon.

On 24/01/2018 at 8:48 PM, PobesneliMaks said:

- wedge worked cause you cant see him coming 

- shotgun damage was to high because people were ramming and taking out one of your weapons before you could react...because they came from stealth.

Coutered by teamplay and build conception.

Some CW team still use it and can be countered.

With decent radar/radio use, you can see when opponents cloack and pay attention to tracks on the ground. Then you'll get the first shot advantage. Enouth to break some spears or cause serious damage.

Staying mobile also helps.

Edited by MMxiter
  • Upvote 1

the cabin changes to radar default range being limited has made radio + radar/detector  even more vital, i use them as armor, I always use a radio (or 2+ for redundancy), on improved radar (M).

this would be my standard advice to any new player (ALL players) use a radio and radar. use the minimap. stealth effectiveness is reduced by a good amount with a team that can relay information for the cost of a higher PS, 

stealth can be frustrating when used well, IT IS DEVASTATING if ya blind & ignorant to whats happening around you. use the MiniMap, use the counters provided, (teamwork, radio, radar, detector, etc),

and USE stealth yourself, you learn how it works, how long it lasts, how far a fast build can travel while stealthed, know your enemy,

- see my name & ya know ya might not see me till its too late :noob:

and counting is good, the red blip vanishes, count to ~5 & fire, guess whose is more surprised when ya blast that unsuspecting stealth guy coming around a corner,  great for the lols

• Upvote 2

I think the Chameleons are fine now, only 1 change they need (Both of MK2 and the simle one), the rechargeing time. It would be great if Devs increase the Chamaleon recahrge time by 10-15%.

BUT If someone use them with,for example: Lancers/spears ; Chameleon and Cheetah engine, it's not okay and too powerful somethimes.

There is a BIGGER problem with Cheetah Engine perk. Something its not okay with that, let me to suggest: its need some change or rework that perk somehow. 
If the Devs ASAP change the perk of cheetah, its maybe could solve most of the problems with some other weapon.

Thank you for read my rows  :012j:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1