Payneshu

Match Maker is broken.

Me and my friend played at 8500ps today and kept getting put against teams of players with 11,000-13,000ps. We even fought two guys that were at 14,000ps multiple times. Guess who won all those matches.

• Upvote 1

me and my teammates get that a lot, we build to stay withing a few hundred points near each other yet face opponents more then 3k above us, we just quit the match. after a few we usually will get an equal bracket and play that for awhile. have no clue what it's using to match us. 

Getting real tired of this ****. Im consistently thrown into matches against players with up to THREE TO FIVE THOUSAND more PS than I have. My little 8800ps car cant stand up to this kind of BS. Especially when the PS is so xxxx lopsided on the teams.

Lk4CUKU.jpg

• Upvote 1

Im playing at 6600ps, why do I have to keep fighting against players at 10,500ps? Im literally the lowest PS person in the match.

jyVA0wn.jpg

Edited by Crunk_Prime
  • Upvote 1

After being on the target practice squad (emphasis on target) in frequent PvP missions where I am 30-40% low on the power score PS ( I also know I have been on the plus size of this), I was wondering why for missions there aren't just set limits, i.e. a  2500-3500, 3501-4500, 4501-6000, 6001- 8000, 8001-10,000, etc. Or something like that, perhaps fewer ranges due to # of players. With a hard limit, you could bet that at least 90% of people would build to within 5% or less of that limit. It would ensure everyone is on a mostly level playing field even if they chose the low end.

It would also reduce the number of players immediately self-destructing upon seeing they are down a few thousand in Power Score. Let's face it, if the limit is 4500, then your vehicle is going to be coming in around 4400-4500. I'd much rather see that than first thing upon entering a battle doing a scan of the enemy PS to see how many thousand I am down. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Had a match today playing at 8000ps and had to fight an enemy that was over 14,000ps. SIX THOUSAND PS higher than everyone else on my team. He was just a solid mass of armor on 10 bigfoot wheels with undermounted weapons that killed half the team.

This is beyond a joke now devs. We've heard nothing back about what you are doing to fix this issue. You release new brawls which take players away from regular PvP making it even worse. I just played 10 matches in a row switching from 11k > 8k > 7k > 10k and the SAME players were in nearly ALL the games using the SAME builds!!? If you don't fix this soon or at least communicate to the community what steps you are in the process of taking you will lose even more players.

At this point, with so few players to begin with, multiple issues we've been asking for you to fix/add to the game (more maps etc.), you risk the game DYING completely. This is a FUNDAMENTAL aspect of the game. If you can't get this right you might as well give up and go home. Honestly, how long does it take to sort this out??

This thread was approved on 27th January. It's now 7th May and the issues are still there....

ridiculousmatchmaking.jpg

Edited by BadChocky

What really grinds my gears is that MM insists on putting me on EU server even though I have it set to NA. I have to quit the battle 5-6 times in a row before it finally "gets it" and starts putting me on NA server. I don't understand why this still hasn't been fixed. To me, high latency is much worse than playing against higher PS builds.

I've been playing with 1 bot more in my team or 1 player less for days. This happened to me 6 times in a row today. Except to the rush hour when 8vs8 players. Rarely does the other team have 1 player less.

I play on the PS4

Balance the matches by the weapon and cab PS total. Playing a fat man, avenger and bear cab should not be matched against pair of tsunami with whatever cab. Three rapier should not be matched against 2 hurricanes. Now with the harvester crack habit. From a new players point of view the game is not playable. There is nobody enjoying competing in a motorcycle race with a bicycle.

That is it I'm done. The event is over and the SSDD is getting old. Now it is the harvester OP drug of the moment

WTF is a dual judge build doing in the same fight as dual harvesters with a wall of boosters in the same fight. Same can be said for 2 chords and a shotgun build in the same fight as a pair of impulse build. Fixing the huge PS gap will not fix match making alone. You can take any two weapons with the same PS and test range fire them on a Trucker cab. And see the blaring difference in the damage they do vs the other. Really how many times do I have to ask? Do you even play the game? Or just into making cute YouTube videos to lure new suckers in to keep the game afloat.

The last two days have proven that WOTs. With all the hacks and twice the chance to end up on a team of idiots is the better choice now. I have not played UO in years but still pay. Hard to throw away nearly 2 decades of work. My next day free will not be Crossout. Poke in for my free fuel season missions. But not one more second grinding in brawls. Takes days to get 17 wins in brawls. I do thank Crossout for todays motivation to do some yard work instead.

Edited by VorpralBunny
  • Upvote 1

This is redicilous really. Probably not the matchmaker bug, but he guy had a damn levi in a random fight. We kicked his **** allright, but HOW...

screenshot-180515-011214.jpg

screenshot-180515-012503.jpg

Edited by Rasho1982

I keep getting put on EU servers 9 times out of 10 when I race.  Its about 50/50 when I go to missions and in both cases it can take up to 1 to 3 minutes to get into a match.  Its one of the reasons why I don't play that often anymore.

This is why I play solo because you dont get it quite as much but still happens when you get a team, the teamed MM is borked if you team it does not matter what PS your running your going to be matched against other teams no matter the PS.

And the match maker is not broken at the total PS. It is broken at the weapons total PS. They know it and will not fix it and this is why that is true. Bots have always been stupid team members. Dry humping a tree for most the match. Or to damn confused on how to drive around a building. To make them more effective. They gave them the uber weapons. Reaper, Harvester and even the Fat Man. These weapon seen at the mid 4.5k to 5.5k build range. The Reaper alone has 1950PS and makes it a beast to go against. Then there is the Fat Man durability and punch. Watched new player that must have bought the goliath pack. Had 5 Chords and the tracks in a tight build with choice bumpers up front and near full life. VS a tore up smoking Fat Man bot with his turret still, owned this new player. New player standing ground on cap while the stupid bot stopped outside the cap due to bad turret deployment. 

And players cut a few corners on a build and they can field these same uber weapons in a lower PS matches. Just because the numbers allow this BS does not make it right / balanced. Lets say the dev team bought a pony as a company pet. Sounds all legit and we can picture the little bugger helping the lawn guy with the grass. Reality they want you to turn a blind eye at is the real pony purchase reason. Sex toy for releasing tension in the work place. Hey the farmer just sold a pony so lets make it his problem. The way the game is run and balance takes place. They must have a huge pony budget.

Just happened if you are confused. I am running a 2x Vector 2x Chord and +3 gen and Hot Red (small r the way they spell) are my epic parts. I am new player struggling to get the needed stuff for a sledgehammer to build a Thunderbolt. (need something to sell for more bench funds) Out of nowhere comes a Chameleon MK2, Spark and Harvester Build. Nothing new after melee fixes. My build totals 4700 PS. The seal clubber three items mentioned comes to 3030 PS alone. I could drop the gen and a vector to drop 1115PS. And the seal clubber could drop the Spark and add 2 boosters. SSDPS matching problems. As with all forums. Those that want to defend the seal clubber build being OK in sub 5k match. Are seal clubbers trying to protect their ego/xxxx pump. And then the nerf tears come. After their greed is fed, all those egos will need to buy a new pump.

Stop making content that draws more players from brawls. Unless it is not some short time event. Stop doing the bad updates to try to keep veteran players. You did a bang up job so far retaining new players. Get rid of the useless Bedlam slot. It does not have any use in properly testing builds. Replace Bedlam with a 10K PS + required match. Rewards is what we all want. And that is bling. For 6 months the reward for these matches could be 1 of 12 other then weapon CKs. Common to rare chance on the 12 rewards (wont go into what I think of their RNG). This is a keep or exchange reward for 100 Copper, Scarp or Fuel. No market BS. And not some lame free for all where friends and buddies get to work together. Team matches that should not suffer from the lower PS matches teamwork fails.

Why cannot games learn from others failing in creation and content? Hell, pre internet tabletop dice games made some of the failings first that MMOs are now repeating.

O.T.  On the garage test field put in all three levels of the raiders. Will help with those lower then 7k builds thinking they can brave hard raiding.

Edited by VorpralBunny
  • Upvote 1

Heres another god awful matchup. Several players over 10K, one of them being close to 13K, against a team of players in the 8000-9000ps range. Guess who won?

ybWf6Qa.jpg

GFmxpRf.jpg

Same thing happens to me all the time doesn't really matter if I play alone or in a team. The PS difference is ridiculous most of the time; and if the difference is acceptable then seal clubbers start to show up so it is almost impossible to have a normal match at lower PS. A lot of people think it is from lack of players but I don't think so and if it is, just put in bots. Still better to play with 4 players and 4 bots than to play in such conditions.
Love from Powerplant!

My gripe isn't about the powerscore difference. I get a real good impression that the matchmaker is grouping people with bad stats together and people with good stats together. I didn't take note when it started, but I am only getting approximately 1-2 wins out of every 10-15 matches. Most of these matches, my team is down to 2-3 players after the first minute and the other team is down 1 or 2. Also, if enough people stay in queue, the teams don't change but maybe 1 or 2 people. Why are players not being shuffled around more? Why do teams not change? There are hundreds of other games out there with matchmakers that work fairly well. How is it that Gaijin can fail time after time to properly program a decent matchmaker?

• Upvote 1