Evilmincer

3D printing

Hello all,

I was coming also to try to start the discussion about this topic.

It would be so great to be able to export our build into a 3D model to be able to use a 3D printer to print it !!!!

I guess that it should be feasible to implement a module to do so as all the existing parts already has their 3D files.

You already have an extraordinary game, let's make it Legendary!

I think that, for now, no game offer this, what do you think about that ? To be the first one to offer that! Sounds great, no?

The communication which can be done on that can make also a lot of noise.

• Upvote 2

While I love this idea, it could potentially lead to copyright issues if someone started offering to print others vehicles in exchange for payment. Still a great idea, though!

Great idea!

If the models can not me made available for copyright reasons, then TARGEM could contract a third party to make kits of parts for self-assembly. There are numerous such in Russia, to start with the famous Zvezda:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scale_model_kit_manufacturers

Pretty sure you can just rip the models from the game and use that with a 3d printer yourself. No point in trying to get mass production going.

Edited by ROACHOR

CrossOut building blocks sounds fun though...

• Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 12:47 AM, Evilmincer said:

I want the ability to copy my vehicle to the desktop in different formats used in auto desk applications so i can print my builds on my 3d prusa printer.

At the moment you'd probably have to manually open the .pak files unpack the models and then put them together in a 3d program. (I'm not sure if that in itself would break any of the user agreements, or not you'd have to ask them.  It would be a neat feature though to just be able to export a model though. I had thought about it a few times thinking that they would make fun RC DIY models.

CrossOut is LEGO with guns to me,  a vast amount of the parts, shapes, concepts can easily be replicated using Lego, 

exporting the design is already a thing, (importing those /designsave files has been ruled out) & being able to use that with an interpreter to export 3ds files (etc) makes sense,

A small fee for file transfer would earn Gaijin/targem money...

Personally I would love to have my racer printed out so that I could have it sitting on my desk even if it could not roll or anything like that.  Heck I would build a little stand to have it sit on top of my monitor so that its out of the way but always within view. :)

It would be nice, I use to really like the little 1:16 scale rc vehicles. The few prints I've seen look like they've come out well.

There are some vids lurking around on youtube for 3d printed cross out stuff. Maybe someone could do one in english..

Spoiler

On 7/7/2018 at 7:22 PM, dukerustfield said:

It will show in the command console.

And where is that at? Is there no file buried in a folder that it saves to?

On 7/9/2018 at 7:06 AM, airkevin777 said:

And where is that at? Is there no file buried in a folder that it saves to?

I never tried but normal chat windows should do it.
Not sure if it gives out the save location ^^

/filter does give a feedback thought ("profanity filter on or off" will be written in your ingame chat box after typing the command.)

It should save to "C:\Users\(User)\Documents\My Games\Crossout\design" Damn shame we can't import these back.Psst! It's free real estate blueprint storage

On 6/27/2018 at 10:34 PM, Dirty_Hamster said:

It would be nice, I use to really like the little 1:16 scale rc vehicles. The few prints I've seen look like they've come out well.

There are some vids lurking around on youtube for 3d printed cross out stuff. Maybe someone could do one in english..

According to the videos, I think he made the models himself (look in the first vid, we see at the right all the operations to create the model), you can't have a physical articulated model from a mesh file like these ones. In this type of models (from the game), there is different meshes for the texture, hitbox, movements animation etc, a lot of things are not usable for printing. And it's tricky to extract.

But it's not impossible to recreate it in CAD softwares. with time and practice, you can do almost everything you want. Thanks for the vids, it gives some nice ideas :)

On 10/26/2019 at 5:07 AM, drThunderbuckle said:

I saw this forum a while ago and thought the 3d printable crossout car idea was cool, so I made a basic 3d printable kit that comes with a few parts. it's really simple though(nothing compared to the in game models)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3937871

I did make a 3D printed build, but the parts are not swapable. That's so cool, excellent idea. Which software did you use ?

Edited by C_Geremy

Seriously, Guys, this is a marketing opportunity just waiting to happen.  Who would love a physical set of parts to re-create your own build?  I would.
Gaijin - get the legal team onto what is required to have someone create the parts, then, give us the option to request the parts required to build our fav rides.
Lego on demand, sort of thing.  *Some assembly required.

Seriously!

Stoopid_noob.

I don't own a 3D printer, but would totally support the idea of buying parts.

Edited by Stoopid_noob
PS - additional info

Print them a bit larger so a wireless camera fits in the cabin, attach real guns, put on vr goggles to drive it and have a real xo battle at a sandpit. :01010:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TommyGoldfish said:

Print them a bit larger so a wireless camera fits in the cabin, attach real guns, put on vr goggles to drive it and have a real xo battle at a sandpit. :01010:

Like this ? :lol:

• Like 2