Engine Power Multiplier 20 % 25 % 50 % 30 % 40 %
Increase Tonnage 0 3000 0 3000 0
Increase Tonnage net -90 2850 -450 2500 -500
Increase Maximum Mass 1000 1000 2500 1000 2500
Increase Maximum Mass Net 910 850 2050 500 2000
Structur 0 210 360 400 400
Power consumption 0 1 1 1 1
Mass 90 150 450 500 500
Special Weapon and module reload speed increased by 10 % Every 100 m passed by the car reduce remaining module, drone and turret cooldown by 20 % Weapon and Missile reload speed increased by 20 % Car speed increases weapons and missile reload speed. Maximum effect 30 % at 80 kp/h Module, drone and turret reload speed increased by 20 %
Height 4 3 6 4 3
Length 4 4 4 7 7
Beam 4 4 3 4 4
H X L X B = Dimensions 64 48 72 112 84
Engine 3D Model Supercharged Inline 4 Large V8 V 16 Quad Turbo V 24 Aircraft V 12
Fuel type Gasoline Gasoline Diesel Gasoline Gasoline

• Colossus has reduced PS similar to Razorback. Golden Eagle has comparable values.
  • Compared to Oppressor Cheetah has 3 % more speed, 350 kg more net tonnage and net maximum mass. It is also 350 kg lighter.
  • Compared to Cheetah Oppressor has 5 % more engine power, 190 more structure and is 350 kg heavier.
  • Compared to Golden Eagle Colossus has 10 % more engine power, 50 kg less net tonnage penality, 50 kg more net maximum mass while being 50 kg lighter and being 40 structure points less durable.
  • Compared to Colossus Golden Eagle has 1 % more engine speed, 40 structure points more and is 50 kg heavier.
  • In terms of 3D model, the Oppressor is the most powerful engine overall, being a ludicrous Quad Turbo with not less than 24 cylinders.
  • Similar to the Razorback, the lack of any added tonnage values give the Colossus a hard time to be competive.

What is your opinion?

• Like 1

When I first made my Colossus, I was thinking, this is great, its gonna be able to help acceleration in my heavy builds.

But then I took out my Cheetah and put in the Colossus and the machine was slower to actually start moving.

The Cheetah should help lighter builds be fast but the Colossus should help heavy builds actually be able to start moving faster and in a pushing war, the Colossus should win hands down.  Why it doesn't get increased tonnage in the +4000 to +5000 range or at least on par with the Cheetah engine I don't know, you would think something named Colossus would be a power house.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

The Colossus is aimed at tracked builds where speed and tonnage bonuses are less useful than power and mass.

2 hours ago, Gwarsbane said:

When I first made my Colossus, I was thinking, this is great, its gonna be able to help acceleration in my heavy builds.

But then I took out my Cheetah and put in the Colossus and the machine was slower to actually start moving.

The Cheetah should help lighter builds be fast but the Colossus should help heavy builds actually be able to start moving faster and in a pushing war, the Colossus should win hands down.  Why it doesn't get increased tonnage in the +4000 to +5000 range or at least on par with the Cheetah engine I don't know, you would think something named Colossus would be a power house.

I had exactly the same experience.

Crafted Colossus , tested and sold it.. Kinda disapointing.

Edited by gromulator

I now have all the engines. I use Colossus quite a bit. The perk is very powerful and passive. The engine is heavy but it has a lot of structure. And it's actually fairly low power score.

Engines and speed and acceleration are still some of the most confusing things.

High power vehicles can accelerate quite well. But you can't just swap out cabins, you have to tailor it. For instance, I rebuilt my Fastest Mammoth build which has a Quantum cabin and 2 mammoths. I had to use very light armor and very little of it. I then put on a Humpback. I couldn't use the same exact build. The Humpback has less net tonnage than the Quantum, annoyingly. So I put on an Oppressor engine. The top speed decreased compared to the Quantum, but it had much higher acceleration. And I could swap out all the light armor the Quantum could barely carry and stick on tons of Scavenger armor. Because once the tonnage was in the green, the Humpback is better at ignoring the effects of weight. So the Humpback actually required more wheels than the Quantum to get the same tonnage. So I used an engine instead. Seems very counter-intuitive.

The Cheetah engine is nice on paper, but with the perk change, there are very few things that actually qualify as modules. Cloak. Aegis. Drones/turrets. I still see people using it all the time I suppose for +Tonnage.

Oppressor is interesting, but I don't know why everything is fast/speed. You have to be constantly moving to keep the refresh high. Very few weapons are as accurate on the move as standing still. Machine guns and Shotguns are, but they don't use refresh... Stuff that really needs it, like cannons, suck at it. Their guns can't even turn fast enough. It's best for stuff like Scorpions, Spike, Hurricanes, Pyre, as if we needed those to fire faster.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Hot red all day, colossus has minimal advantages over it with a steep cost. 

the colossus(maybe golden eagle as well?) imo needs to at least be able to provide 3000kg of net mass to provide a significant advantage, and also heavy cabs will also need better tonnage as well. The mammoth cannon pretty much needs the col's or red hot's perk in order to be actually effective with its own botched perk(a spectre-esq perk does not go well with slow reload speed), and when paired with fat mans, it can create a very high rate of fire and damage, which is the reason I oppose to increasing its perk effect. cheetah is still good for tonnage for hovers, oppressor less so cause size and weight, but still decent enough for junkbow builds(its perk affects junkbows :) )

On 2/25/2018 at 4:29 PM, ROACHOR said:

Hot red all day, colossus has minimal advantages over it with a steep cost. 

I disagree with this quite a bit.

Colossus is less PS. It costs 1 energy. Has way more structure. Offers about the best boost to acceleration in the game. 

If you see high end, high PS, mega tanks, they all use Colossus. Unless you are using 100% of your energy on weapons (triple cannons/crickets/whatever), 10% bonus is pretty huge. At lower PS, it's great because it functions like armor. Some epic engines are very durable, golden eagle, colossus, oppressor. But you need to stack armor around a Hot Red. If people want to shoot at your Colossus (at low-to-mid PS) that's fine. 

I've been using it forever, I now have all the engines, I still use it a LOT. I use hot red when I don't have the energy and I don't want to or can't add a (bigger) generator. If you're using something like tracks or grinders or legs, your movement speed is capped. You're using an engine for the perk, power, weight. Colossus is by far the best at that.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, dukerustfield said:

I disagree with this quite a bit.

Colossus is less PS. It costs 1 energy. Has way more structure. Offers about the best boost to acceleration in the game. 

If you see high end, high PS, mega tanks, they all use Colossus. Unless you are using 100% of your energy on weapons (triple cannons/crickets/whatever), 10% bonus is pretty huge. At lower PS, it's great because it functions like armor. Some epic engines are very durable, golden eagle, colossus, oppressor. But you need to stack armor around a Hot Red. If people want to shoot at your Colossus (at low-to-mid PS) that's fine. 

I've been using it forever, I now have all the engines, I still use it a LOT. I use hot red when I don't have the energy and I don't want to or can't add a (bigger) generator. If you're using something like tracks or grinders or legs, your movement speed is capped. You're using an engine for the perk, power, weight. Colossus is by far the best at that.

-Heavies need max weight increased the least

-1 energy gets you 1000 more carry weight than red hot which is insanely expensive for nothing. You could run a radar, radiator, stealth or cooler.

-colossus adds half as much speed as red hot (7% vs 13%)

You're just lowering your already lower dps in order to slightly increase the least important stat.

Using a colossus is a huge mistake. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ROACHOR said:

Heavies need max weight increased the least

If you don't need weight/power, why use a heavy? Get better soft stats with a medium.

1 energy gets you 1000 more carry weight than red hot which is insanely expensive for nothing.

A fat man weighs 1215. It's a Train Plow weight. If you're using Colossus, you are probably using big weapons with fixed energy. Cannons, missiles. You mentioned radiator/stealth/coolers. Those aren't colossus- weapons. You're specifically using it for the weight and recharge and power. Stuff that uses radiators/coolers isn't affected.

If you're using tracks/grinders your speed will increase 0% no matter what engine you use. Colossus will increase your acceleration the most when using those wheels. 

You're just lowering your already lower dps in order to slightly increase the least important stat.

You're raising your DPS if you understand how to play. If you are using ANY cannon, any missiles, any rockets, Junkbow, phoenix, scorpion, spike, etc etc, your DPS goes up substantially. Not sure what you're not understanding, but hop in and watch some non-hover (it's too heavy and no +tonnage) high PS clans battle. They will have colossus. If you're running a Red Hot with Mammoths vs. Colossus with Mammoths, you'll lose.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, dukerustfield said:

If you don't need weight/power, why use a heavy? Get better soft stats with a medium.

A fat man weighs 1215. It's a Train Plow weight. If you're using Colossus, you are probably using big weapons with fixed energy. Cannons, missiles. You mentioned radiator/stealth/coolers. Those aren't colossus- weapons. You're specifically using it for the weight and recharge and power. Stuff that uses radiators/coolers isn't affected.

If you're using tracks/grinders your speed will increase 0% no matter what engine you use. Colossus will increase your acceleration the most when using those wheels. 

You're raising your DPS if you understand how to play. If you are using ANY cannon, any missiles, any rockets, Junkbow, phoenix, scorpion, spike, etc etc, your DPS goes up substantially. Not sure what you're not understanding, but hop in and watch some non-hover (it's too heavy and no +tonnage) high PS clans battle. They will have colossus. If you're running a Red Hot with Mammoths vs. Colossus with Mammoths, you'll lose.

Because they had 10% faster reload and 70 more hp? 

Vs the power of having cloak or radar it's laughable. 

It only benefits dual cannon track builds and once again, invisible cannon build is way more dangerous than one that shaved .1 seconds off a reload.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ROACHOR said:

-Heavies need max weight increased the least

-1 energy gets you 1000 more carry weight than red hot which is insanely expensive for nothing. You could run a radar, radiator, stealth or cooler.

I have a colossus for my twin mammoth build.. That is not a huge mistake, I need that mass limit cause those 2 mammoth mass is insane and i have 8 tracks as well. The power of the engine allow to accelerate much faster too (50 % instead of 20%). And the biggest is I gain 20 % reload time speed buff, that is HUGE (10 % compare to Hot red is still very significant)!

1 hour ago, ROACHOR said:

Because they had 10% faster reload and 70 more hp? 

Vs the power of having cloak or radar it's laughable. 

It only benefits dual cannon track builds and once again, invisible cannon build is way more dangerous than one that shaved .1 seconds off a reload.

It benefits every cannon build, the heavier, the more its worth.

Oh and I have a radar and cloak too..

Edited by sam93931

1 hour ago, ROACHOR said:

dual cannon track builds and once again, invisible cannon build is way more dangerous than one that shaved .1 seconds off a reload.

It benefits all cannon/missile/big stuff builds. 

It's an extra 10%. You can say it's .1 or .000001 or whatever. It's 10%. For a Mammoth, their perk is based on getting consecutive shots. For a Humpback, it's perk deteriorates as you wait. For a Fat Man, it's perk kicks in on subsequent hits. In a straight fight, with no extra weapon and cabin perks, it's +10% dmg overall.

However, there are real world issues, too. A Tsunami might want to power up, but when you get stuck in, or someone gets near you, you need to fire ASAP. An extra .7 seconds might mean 1 less cannon. Same for Junkbow, which has incredibly short range. So you drive up to someone, YAR. Then you sit there waiting for a cooldown. You don't get a channel like other shotguns. I ran it with a Hot Red to have a faster vehicle (and more energy) but quickly went back to Colossus.

I mean, hey, if you think it sucks, that's fine. I even put it on some of my Draco builds. Not because it helped cooldown, it doesn't. Because it helped acceleration. You spend an awful lot of time speeding up and slowing down in this game. Not a lot of time racing at top speed--depending on build.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As a devout heavy quad track double fatman tank user I must side with rustfield on this matter, when I change colossus for a Red Hot my builds gain nothing at all, they simply lose some of the DPS I'd be getting with a colossus and extra armor that it offers. I've always been proud of making good "breakthrough" tanks since I'm always at the head of the charge every match, outspeeding lighter builds because I can accelerate at a rate a Red Hot wouldn't let me, and don't actually care too much about being shot at because... tank. Maneuvering too, It's already a recurrent nightmare to steer tanks with more than two armored tracks in this game, having a slower acceleration would only make things worse, forcing you to wait for longer before you can put your guns to bear because you couldn't possibly traverse your tank fast enough to get your guns on target. 
I also have chameleon and a radar, which wouldn't help as much if 1. I couldn't accelerate fast enough to get out of sight of enemies/missiles (only reason to use chameleon on a tank since you won't get behind anyone before they notice your outline on the edge of their screen) or 2. couldn't reach whatever I pick on my radar before it outran me, and yes it's possible to catch up to light builds on a tank given you have patience and actually know how to drive. 

I don't know all of these statistics, parameters, and comparisons. I only know that after I crammed a Colossus into the back of my little buggy with three Junkbows, it accelerates and shoots faster. It's really a little terror now.

screenshot-191013-120130.jpg

Edited by Zaikadi

Could the OP update Golden Eagle perk description so this stays relevent?

"Increases the top speed of all Tracks by 10km/h"