Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Spring 2018

Best answer

Survivors!

A new topic devoted to your questions will be opened on Monday (June 4). Stay tuned;)

This topic is designed to collect and organize the players' questions towards the developers as well as their answers.

Answers are usually given daily on weekdays. Developers will read all questions, but questions which are not clearly defined, which are obviously meaningless, which are lying on the "surface", or which violate the rules of the forum, will be ignored and deleted.

How to ask questions:
Formulate your questions as clear as possible. Try to ask only important questions. Use the search function before asking any questions, some questions may have already been answered.

The following rules apply to this thread:

1. Posts that do not contain any game related questions will be deleted.
  2. This thread is not for suggestions. Any suggestion posted in this thread will be deleted.
  3. Any discussion in this subject will be considered as flame and offtopic and will be punished appropriately.
  4. The questions are asked towards the game developers and therefore only they can respond.
  5. The thread will be cleaned at least once a week. This means that all player posts will be removed and the questions will be added to the developers answers as a quote.
  6. Flood is not allowed in this topic. If the question is posted multiple times then no answer will follow.
  7. We do not comment any questions concerning the in-game economy and prices.
  • Like 9

I just got the pandemic pack...got everything but the paint tho...sad meows...reloaded game a few times and it finaly showd up

Edited by PurpleJacket

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, PurpleJacket! Just to verify - have you received everything from the pack in the end?

Would you please save the Firebug?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Robocraftman. We'll do everything to save all the weapons that need some tweaks.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

when are the changes related to the clans when they are implemented?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, mehabe. Currently we're working on this changes. We'll announce them as soon as they will be ready for the release. Atm, there's no particular date.
  • Upvote 1

Guest KingOfpop

Do you plan to add more types of scopes? For example 2 energy scope with higher durability limited angle but high zoom? For sniper builds?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, KingOfpop. We're not planning to introduce any new scopes in the nearest future. We believe, that the 'Neutrino' scope with double-mode zoom works fine for sniper builds. It also helps to find explosive modules hidden in construction parts.

Can we possibly get a roadmap for the year? It would be nice having some more insight on what lays ahead for crossout.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, NaggNogger! Currently we're planning to announce important future changes through our devblogs, but only when they are almost ready and we're sure that the feature will be released in some time. It doesn't mean that we won't publish the roadmap, but we're not planning to do that soon.

Hi,
been trying to resolve a discussion and wanted to know the definitive answer about storage:
How is storage space calculated, for example do faction structure parts - however much they stack, count as one part - or are they counted invididually?
Does the same principle apply to items bought off the market, do they stack and count as one item, or are they counted individually as well.

Be appreciative of your reply.

Thanks

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Yoshi_M! Such parts as: structure parts, flags, paints, stickers, customization kits, temporary parts and resources do not occupy storage space. All the other parts do and they do not stack and count as one item. Each of them occupies 1 slot.
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Do you have plans to implement the Witch Hunt, Christmas Heist and Face-Off Brawls into the Custom Battle Mode, as well as including their maps in this mode?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, The3uttKickerUK. No, we're not planning to add event brawls to the 'Custom battle' mode. These brawls were exclusive for a limited amount of time.

Hi Devs,  

We are discussing on the issues with a certain weapon being to OP and dominating Clan Wars right now. Scorpions. An option proposed is to have a precheck and restriction to limit certain builds or weapons a team can have in each CW battle.  

Is that a possibility to add such a feature into CW? 

Appreciate your feedback. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, NamelesxKing! We're not planning to limit our players in terms of builds or weapons in any of the modes. If Scorpions appear to be too overpowered we'll apply necessary tweaks for them. But players should bear in mind that Clan battles are considered to be a high-level content and Scorpions are relic weapons that should be more effective than all the others.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Can you please explain why the PS threshold for hard raids is so low.

I'm glad it was raised recently, but IMO it's still not enough.

Most raids that I lose is because of underpowered and underskilled teammates.

If the PS requirement is to remain low, can devs put out some tutorials on how to best approach each raid?

Maybe even start a raid section in the forums.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, yogaFLAME! We're not planning to raise the threshold in the nearest future. Recently we've launched a new scaling system that adjusts the difficulty of raiders depending on the PS of your group. We'll check our current settings and raids statistics. Thank you for the signal!

Hi devs,

So i've heard GMs and Promo Accounts have access to a "Custom Game Room" feature, and i dont see why normal players shouldnt use this.

So the question is, obviously; why cant normal players host custom rooms?

BjKalderon (Posted )

TXC_Cupcake, hello! You are right, at the moment the "Custom Battle" mode is available for a limited number of people. The reason behind this is that it currently runs in the test mode and we just want to make sure that the players experience as small number of incoveniences (bugs, lags etc.) as possible when it's going to be available for everyone. Btw, the work on this mode is in it's final stages and we plan to make it available for everybody in the nearest future.
  • Like 1

Are there going to be more steppenwolven legendaries added? I would personally like to see some sort of legendary tracks and a turreted alternative to the Tsunami cannon.

EDIT: I did check it out, and no offense, but I hate the design. It looks absolutely nothing like what you would mount on a tank. TBH I feel like the early beta weapon designs were much better. What I meant by a steppenwolven turreted cannon with higher energy usage, designed to be used as a single weapon, rather than in dual configuration, a middle ground between Using two cannons and deciding whether you want faster muzzle velocity, or for the weapon to be turreted.

Edited by Nightmare799

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Nightmare799! We're planning to add some new weapons in the future, but there's no information, which factions will receive them. Speaking about a turreted alternative to the 'Tsunami' cannon, you could check the 'Mammoth' cannon.
  • Upvote 1

is it planned to implement pinging or drawing on map? it makes giving instruction and plan strategy infinitely easier.

BjKalderon (Posted )

atomisten, hello! We will continue improving different aspects of the UI, including the map. However, we don't have plans to implement the drawing feature. Even though the time of battles has been increased with the 0.8.55 update, they are still very fast - paced and adding such a feature may not only distract the players from the action, but overburden the interface as well.

1. You removed a lot of fragments in the last update (within one month).How will people be capable of getting those colours and decors in the future?

2. Assuming I would fusion my Carapace into a Carapace Hauler. This would increase the maximum possible mass by 10 %. Would it also increase the engine power (3200) by 10 %?

3. Assuming I would fusion my Carapace into a Carapace (10 % more tonnage). Would this also increase the engine power by 10 %?

4. Who would win a pushing duel of two identical mass Carapaces... the normal one... the Hauler or the increased tonnage one?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by ARES_IV
added second question

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ARES_IV! 1. In the future all these paints and decors will be available only on the market. 2,3. No, Hauler will allow you to mount more parts and still be able to enter the battle (it's impossible to enter the battle if you have reached you mass limit. Additional tonnage will allow you to moung more parts without significant loss in speed and acceleration (just in case: when you reach your tonnage limit your acceleration and max speed stats are decreased dramatically). 4. All of them should be equal, if they are of identical mass.
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

did we get the paint “plague“ to consoles?

Thank you.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Dumpbump, hello. At the moment the "Pandemia" pack is available only for PC. The PC players have been asking to have the Hot-Rod parts for a pretty long time and now they have their version of "Harsh Weekday" (XBOX) and "Law of the Wasteland" (PS4) packs.
  • Upvote 1

Hello!

Is the Next patch going to bring maps?

Also, will you introduce new wapons/modules standalone?

BjKalderon (Posted )

AnonymousKoala, hi! We actually intend to share more info on the upcoming features via our "Devblogs" and its next issue is planned to arrive very soon;)

Guest OneDayUMay

Hello crossout team!!

First of all I liked ,livestream much.

I am waiting for another one :p

I have short question about autocanons. Are you plan to add some tweaks for them?

Are you plan to add more autocanons or sniping weapons ?

If in the pack description is the "unique" cabin iy means that it wont't become craftable? I think it may be great according to fact that players can buy them on market.and it will be nice that i bought valuable and limited part.

Thank you in advance

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, OneDayUMay :) Currently we're not planning any tweaks for autocannons. Future balance tweaks will be considered later. If the cabin is 'unique', then it won't become craftable and will be available only on the market.

it is true that in the next update you will improve the fortune because currently there are no in the battles and do not seem very efficient

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, alvarobando! It's true that we're planning to tweak Fortune and Skinner in one of the next balance updates.

Any plan to nerf Scorpions? Nowadays a game where you see a ship with scorpions will make a lot of ppls to just quiit, my recomend nerf is to make it 7 Energy. Plust nerf Aegis to be 4 energy, that will avoid certain combinations that are already too powerfull.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, DarkChuky. Currently there's no info on new future balance tweaks, except those, that have been announced (Fortune, Skinner and other Firestarters weapons). Still, we are aware of players' concerns about Scorpions and we're always checking current statistics of this weapon.

Any plans for matchmaking for brawls? They could be fun for everyone, not just 10% of players.

Just don't say "it's the end-game content" please. That's and argument for little kids. There is absolutely no reason to lock it behind grind/pay wall. Except $$ of course.

BjKalderon (Posted )

CalenLoki, hello. The brawl is a special game mode, the rules of which differ from the rest of PvP. In order to win win, you need a powerful build, because the players try to use their best engineering skills to create the most efficient armoured vehicles.

I have a question. Why are you only nerfing mammoths? It takes time and lot of money to earn these then even more skill to use them. No they are not over powered and can be stripped easy.  But yet again you only pick on the cannon builds and not builds like sparks or shot guns Why?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Anzerwolf1. Mammoth is the most durable weapon in Crossout with 1167 durability points and great overall damage. Statistics just proved these words and showed us, that the weapon needs some minor tweaks.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

1. After the Fire Starters patch the PS for structure parts was reduced which has now opened the door to gunboats with OP weapons (epic and legendary) in sub 3k matches and up hell I have had the misfortune to go up against a player using a Scorpion just under 6k while myself was playing at 3.5k not remotely balanced at all so to the question how do you plan on rebalancing the whole left by the PS reduction to structure ?

2. Is there any plans for a maximum PS to be allowed into easy or normal raids ? it's not much fun a 3k vehicle and being partnered with people double or triple your PS

3. Why do the missiles fired but the Owl and Anaconda have better flight speed, turning rate and tracking than the Pyre homing missile?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Venoem. 1. The main thing is that experienced players can not be matched to new low-PS players. So, let's say 30 lvl player can not enter the battle with 10 lvl new player. Speaking about PS and players with relics in low-PS battles - we're considering possible solutions. Thank you for the signal. 2. The matchmaking system always tries to find teammates that are close to your PS level, but sometimes it's possible that there're no possible raid teammates atm, and the system matches all the other players in order not to make you wait for too long. 3. It's also possible, because drones do not have the same weapons mounted. Their missile speed may differ. But, the Pyre's homing missile is a more precise one.

Did this make it in? (Sry it was somehow stil in my editor when i opened this post so not sure if i actually clicked "submit"=

Are we allowed to have multiple accounts?

If yes, do inactive accounts sometimes get deleted? As I only want to use it to outsource some Exhibition Blueprints to free up space (As the golden BP items only give more Garage save spots...)

Thanks for reply :)

BjKalderon (Posted )

v3rgi1, hello! There's a paragraph regarding your question in our terms of use, "it's prohibited to register and use more than one account to access the Services. In the event that there are sufficient grounds to believe that you have registered or used more than one account, Gaijin has the right to restrict, suspend, terminate, change or delete any and all accounts associated with you. Accounts registered in violation of this rule do not participate in referral programs (if there are any)."

Hi again :)

Whenever I send my Leviathan into batlle, of late I get the messsage "Your Leviathan is not efficient enough in batlle, return to garage?"
Now, there have been occasions when I've won twice and gotten the rewards and yet get the message again.

Could you explain how this message is generated please, as I'm a bit confused!

Thanks.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Yoshi_M, hello! Could you provide more info regarding your situation? I recommend you to submit a bug report next time you encounter such situation and share you logs in this category: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/
  • Upvote 1