Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Spring 2018

Best answer

Survivors!

A new topic devoted to your questions will be opened on Monday (June 4). Stay tuned;)

The game won't let me remove any purple CK's... Help please?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MontyCasper! You should be able to remove any CK if you have sufficient amount of scrap to do that. If you have enough scrap, but receive an error, please, send me a video or, at least, some screenshots with the problem. Thank you in advance!

I have a few questions that I have been on my mind lately. I am enjoying the game thus far, but I hope for some good answers. Without further of do, let's get started:

1. When will be receive more parts from Closed Beta Testing and from Battle Test? The old parts you brought back for the Nomads, Scavengers and Steppenwolfs are great, but I think we need more of the older parts to return.

2. Will Bedlam receive more maps for us to play around with? I'm hoping that the Raid-only maps (including Invasion's El Diablo Gorge map) and other PvP maps such as Rock City that should also be featured map(s) for this mode. the reason why I would like to see these maps in Bedlam is because they would have potential for extra uses and do fun stuff in the unique maps that are only accessible in Raids. Would be fun to use these maps in these scenarios in Bedlam. We all know that's going to take some time to implement, but it would be awesome to see these maps!

3. Another thing to mention about Bedlam. For example, if you end up in a session with friends, please make it so that their names are highlighted in green as well as not be able to deal damage to friends/players in a group you are in. I feel as though players would like to see this implemented.

4. Last one, but please make it so you are able to make Public (depending on your region's server), Friends-only and Clan-only sessions. This would add variety to the game where players can make these unique sessions. Friends should always be able to join your session regardless of the region's server too.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TBKUK! 1. Yes, we're planning to add some more structure parts in the future. Currently we're working on some parts with spikes. 2. Currently we're not planning to add raid maps to Bedlam, but in the next update the mode's rotation will be expanded with the Factory map. 3. The main idea of Bedlam is that you can enter the mode on any vehicle you want and deal damage to any player you want. And we're not planning to change this concept. 4. This will be available with the 'Custom battle' mode we're working on currently :)
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Is there any new events coming besides the one with the new materials? Maybe possibly a summer event? And are there are new factions being created this year?

Ka1deron (Posted )

MontyCasper, yes, there will definetely be more events coming this year! Some of them may be related to the specific holidays, others may not. As for the new faction - we already have a number of concepts, but at the moment there's no info whether the new faction will appear this year or not.

Do you have plans to implement different types of ammunition, availables as ammo crates added to the build.  eg.  Machine gun:  Normal rounds damage stays the same.  Dum Dum rounds damage x2.  Explosive rounds damage x 3 ect.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Colin_Mad, currently there are no plans to implement different type of ammunition into the game.
  • Sad 4

When the new Mentors containors are released will we be able to mix the paints for chrome or gold? All paints that come out of crates are mixable so far. Thanks

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Ethijee! We're not planning to make the stuff from the Mentor's container mixable.
  • Confused 1

Not replying, but rather asking, but without a "new topic" buttom I have to assume I'm in the right place.

I purchased the "Boar" and the "Midgar" packs for PS4, both of which inlcude 2 truck slopes I did not receive. Is there any means of compensation?

Also (just one more), why is the PC format favoured over console? Console formats do not offer scanning challenges - with cred rewards. PC get 9 coupons for easy raids, 30 for normal and 60 for hard. While consoles get 6, 20 and 40 - respectively.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Icerider

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, lcerider! The thing is that each player can get only 10 Truck slopes via leveling up the Scavengers faction. If you've already received 10 parts and bough the packs after that, you won't receive more of them. In terms of structure parts all the players are equal and they can't buy additional ones. If you buy the pack while you are a novice, you'll receive these parts as a kind of 'early access'. Then, after reaching the next level with Truck slopes as a reward, you won't receive them (lvl 1 Scavengers, for example). After reaching the next level with slopes (lvl 4 Scavengers) you'll receive them again. About the Scanner: we're not planning to add it in the nearest future. In terms of raids difficulty and rewards we should wait for the next update, where all the console versions will be up to date with the PC one.
  • Thanks 1

Will the gun barrel collisions ever be looked at? I've had multiple situations where guns couldn't move despite nothing stopping them, or being unable to fire because the barrels were blocked, except there's nothing blocking them.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, GordonWeedman. We're planning to improve collision models in the future, but still there will be situations, when you can't hide the weapons so, that only barrels will be over the part you've placed in front of the weapon. This is made to avoid different exploits and abuses that happened some time ago.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello!

I just have a question regarding the market. Now that we spent a few weeks with the new system with delayed transactions, is this something that will stay or could it go back to the old way? I miss the old system where the market was more interactive. In my opinion, that system made the market game way more fun for those who liked to play it.

Thanks & good job on the game

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Moplebebleh! We're not planning to return to the old mechanic. First of all, this new mechanic applies only to some particular parts. This is done to prevent direct coins transfering and to identify the players, who are trying to break the rules. Moreover, we already have some examples, when this mechanic helped to save the accounts (particularly their storages) that have been stolen.
  • Sad 1

So I read that comment of @BjKalderon about a new faction

Think its great we get even more factions but some questions do arise:
- Will this be the first "Tier 3 Faction", meaning you need level 10 in Steppe / Firestarters or DawnChildren to get into them
- Will this be "Tier 2" of engineers?
- What theme will the faction have? Just a small hint, maybe? :p

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, v3rgi1! Currently we don't have any hint about the future faction, as we haven't even discussed it yet :) Also, atm, we're focusing on some different features and plans and the future faction discussion will be started only after all this stuff will be implemented/fixed/improved.
  • Upvote 2

M-37 piercer is a fun weapon. 

Can we expect this kind of machinegun on rarity epic soon?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MoroBlizniak! It is possible, but not in the nearest future. Currently we don't have any plans about the next big in-game event with the new guns. Still, your feedback is highly appreciated and we're glad that you like the Piercer :)
  • Thanks 1

Hello. What happened to the NA servers, and will they ever go back to normal? The NA servers used to work fine, but at some point its like they all stopped working. I live in NA, and set the game to NA, but I can search for a match sometimes for only 10 seconds and the game will immediately place me and other NA players into EU matches. I see many other players complaining about this. It feels like there is only a single NA match active at any time, and if you dont get into it you instantly get placed on the EU server. Is it ever going to be fixed, or is this how its going to be from now on?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Crunk_Prime, and thank you for the information! We'll check all the possible reasons of the issue. Could you, please, leave your bug report with logs in this section: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/ ? That will help us to investigate and check it faster. Thank you!
  • Confused 1

Hiii

i've been playing since Open Beta Start..

Its been a long time since last time many weapons and modules nerfed..

In our days , we no longer see those nerfed weapons/modules in battles or raids..

Like "DT cobra (Turret) --- Fuse (Wheel Drone) --- Caucasus (Automatic weapon)" !

Other weapons/modules never been worked on..

Like "RT Anaconda (Turret) --- MD-3 Owl (Done) --- Golden Eagle (Engine)" !

So, is there any plans to modifly weapons and modules stats !?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, BDrain! We're not any drones/turrets balance tweaks in the nearest future. Currently we're glad that these weapons are used more as the support, but not as the main weapons. Speaking about Caucasus or Golden Eagle engine: further tweaks or changes are possible, if they will be really necessary, according to their stats.
  • Confused 1

Hello,

1. Its nice that the players are collecting patches and medals but in my opinion it would be better if there was a reward for it. For example if you collect a number of specific medals you get some gold or you unlock a construction part witch is not freely available.

2. Could you implement that a player could choose the resourse (scrap wires in pvp) when hes in a party. For example 2 players are collecting scrap and the third is collecting wires.

Thank you

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Hasky5_SVK. 1. Atm, we're not planning any rewards for the patches earned. 2. That's and idea that should be discussed within the team. Thank you for the interesting suggestion! Still, for the future: if you have any suggestions like this one, please, leave them in this section: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/
  • Like 1

is there any chance english players will ever have access to the ex van parts found in the chinese version of crossout?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, lord_Ripandtear! These parts are available only in the Chinese version of Crossout that has its own servers and is, in fact, a standalone game. Atm, there're no plans to add these parts.
  • Thanks 1

Hello Woody / Kalderon

1) You removed Night theme from Sector EX and said it will be back in some day. While we past engine limitation thing now whats the reason for not bringing night map ? You could say balancing issue's but i expect a honest answer plz. 

2) Both SoundFX and Visual for Aspect is underwhelming. Spectre is double barrel and same caliber weapon while aspect is still same caliber but single barrel. Coming to SoundFX its worse it really need a help from sound team :)

3) Can you give me an update about the most requested, most famous "" complete engine sound overhaul suggestion". I noticed Quantum cabin sound changed :) very nice.

Have a Good Day 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, StreaMRoLLeR! 1. The key reason is the map's optimization that experiences some issues. We won't delay the map release if there won't be a reason to do that :) 2. Thanks for the feedback, we'll pass it to the sound team. 3. It's still in progress. According to our plans, players will be able to change the sound of the vehicle (cabin) by mounting different engines. Still, for now these are the plans, and the way of replacing the sounds may be changed during the process of feature implementation.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hello,I would like to know::  1) Any plans for adding prestige level after level 30? or increasing the max level? (rank levels)
                                           2) There will be in the near future new maps? (night mode,rain,snow)
                                           3) We will have kill cams?

Thank you for your time!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Aquatylys! 1. Currently all the factions have prestige levels. In the Engineers faction you start to earn prestige levels after lvl 30, in all the other factions - after reaching lvl 15. 2. Yes, we're working on new maps. One of them (the nearest one, but not for the next update) is planned to be a PvP map. 3. Currently we're not planning to implement killcams, but, if you're using the Nvidia videocard, you can use the Nvidia Shadoplay function to save the replays of your best moments.
  • Thanks 1

The too long and too boring raids are killing the fun and the game, for me. Raids are striclty necessary to daily mission and season. Daily mission and season are striclty necessary to grind resource and/or gold. I can't play only mission, because I have not the resource for new hardware, but raids are so boring that are really a pain... what dev's statistics are saying about this?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TAPRACKBANG! Statistics is not the thing that shows how interesting the raids are, but the number of players who participate in raids in enormous. Current raids state is not the final one, that's the thing that all the players should know. We're still discussing their further improvements (both in terms of difficulty and in terms of their gameplay features). We're not planning to get rid of raids-oriented tasks in seasons and daily missions, but we're planning to make the raids better step by step.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

First question:

When I get the message, "Your leviathan is not efficient enough in battle. Send the Leviathan back to garage?" Does this mean MM will not send it into battle anymore during the 24 hour period?

Sometimes I get losses and don't get this message, so what conditions trigger this message?

Second question:

On 4/22/2018 at 11:37 PM, Hazmat616 said:

What was the reason behind removing the blueprints override button?

response was:

On 4/22/2018 at 11:37 PM, Hazmat616 said:

This change has been applied in order to optimize the UI

This is an answer, but not really a reason.

How is removing this valuable feature an optimization?

Thanks.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, yogaFLAME :) 1. This means that your Leviathan has lost a lot of battles in a row. The game suggests you to somehow improve it in order to be victorious. 2. Currently we're planning to return the button (it may happen later, not in the next update).
  • Sad 1

hello crossout developpers ,

i'm sorry i can't good speak English i'm a french player and i have a idee about a new TANK cabine because the carapace is one of the TANK cabine,i love TANK and i thing that a another will be cool and i search and found a idee a cabine who got a piece there move like turret TANK it gonna too lok be nice and make a lot of new créations its a epicpart who just can build buy the scavenger ,its better because more people gonna to use more canons he's name burnout or what u want with the half of fast and full power  with 6000tonnage and 16000 KG 12 ENERGY  if u do this i gonna to play this game forever please do it put don't make a pack just in the shop for 1500 coins on ps4 i love this game please make this piece in the game 

so i think i say y idee i want to build A BIG TANK i think i'm not alone

my username on ps4 ImaTrix_350 

good bye 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Damsolou! I would like to thank you for your suggestion, but I also have to say that all the suggestions should be published in this topic: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/ There, developers can check them one by one and discuss them within the team.
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Why did you remove the OVERWRITE option from the blueprints ? It was really simple but useful feature.. Now it takes WAYY too much to resave a blueprint.

If you removed it because some dum kids  dont look and overwrote their started pickups its their fault. You should probably have some function that you can LOCK blueprints and not be able to accidently over write them or remove them.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Blasted_Off! We're planning to return this button in one of the next updates (not in the nearest one).
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Any plans to bring private match to ps4/xbox so we can do esport/esl anytime soon?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, CrimsonReaper! We haven't released the 'Custom battle' mode on PC yet and still are working on various fixes and improvements for it. After its release on PC we'll consider the possibility of releasing it on consoles. But, the one important thing is that currently we're not planning to however support anything that is related to cybersport.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I have very important question.

Why the heck you buff spike? I just dont get this. Try face triple spike hover on 6k ps. This weapon destroying balance, im so angry...

There is no psyhic in this weapon. Spike have huge impact but they barley affected on crossbows users. Action-reaction, this weapon breaks psyhic law and also is OP AF. And you guys still belive, it needs buff? Why guys.. why?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MoroBlizniak. In the last update we've rebalanced the weapon and made it more like a 'sniper' one. Its projectile speed and range of fire were increased, but its reload speed was decrased. So, it has become more precise at the cost of fire rate. These changes may be not final, as we're planning to check the updated statistics and apply some tweaks if it will be necessary.
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

are you planning to make 8v8 clan wars? with leviathan clan wars it might be reasonable to not give too much power to those leviathans

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, atomisten! Currently we're not plannin to increase the number of participants. But we'll discuss this idea, thank you!
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Could you tell me why your reducing our exhibition list to only 4 slots what  is going to happen to my builds i have saved ?!??

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Monsterxx420! This will happen only to the new players. Those, who've joined Crossout before the update, will have 8 slots.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I've been playing Crossout since closed beta and never had any major issues, until this latest update and the intro of the "Easy" anti cheat program. Now I can't run the game at all because I need to run my Windows 10 with Driver Signature Enforcement turned off, due to a fairly common sound driver issue. Since I now run the game from the Steam client, why is this anti cheat program being forced on me, when you could use Steam's BattlEye, which works fine with DSE turned off? Is there any fix for this?

Update! The latest Win10 update I got (yesterday) fixed my driver issues! Now I can get back to my favorite addiction... Playing Crossout. 

Edited by TDMalpha
Update! :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TDMalpha! The thing is that it is possible to launch the game not only via Steam, but also with the Gaijin launcher. We're not planning to make the game a kind of 'Steam exclusive'. That's why we need an anticheat software, that will work in both situations. We're passing all the known issues to the developers of the software and updating the topic with troubleshooting as soon as the new information appears: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/288232-news-the-new-easy-anti-cheat-software-and-possible-troubleshooting/
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1