Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Spring 2018

Best answer

Survivors!

A new topic devoted to your questions will be opened on Monday (June 4). Stay tuned;)

Can you provide any help with new antivirus program (Startservice failed:193)?

My other question is do you plan to add more maps thats are specificaly created for close combat, bump, jump and crash? It seems these days fights are  static and sniping is so boring...

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, PomorieTractors! I advise you to check this news: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/288232-news-the-new-easy-anti-cheat-software-and-possible-troubleshooting/ and try the first step with repairing the anti-cheat software.
  • Confused 2

Hi Devs,

i've been playing Crossout more than 18 months right now and i was wondering:

-Will you add consistency to those buildings that are only textures? Because Hurricanes thrown up in the air, will pass through those "only texture" buildings and hit you

-Are you planning to buff Hover's phisycs? The're meant to avoid ground imperfections, but right now they literally bump into the ground and send you're hover drifting away from the planned route(due to height reduction). MOREOVER if not bumping directly into the ground, they bounche on imperfections (especially on the  castle ruins map, the one with 1 flag to cap in the middle). They bounche  3 times before leveling to allow you shooting the target

-Certain guns push the hover and send it drifting. Orange Machinegun pushes so hard it's impossible to stand and aim with fixed guns, left alone the purple Spike which just send the hover drifting all over the place, giving time to the enemy to recharge the weapon (that means at closer range it's impossible to engage a fight with a spike user, if you're using a hover)

-Friendly fire also destroy the hover's balance and consequentially, your aiming.

-When a team mate hits the hover, it became uncrontrollable aswell as scratching slightly against a wall

These are the main issues with hovers and so far i'm not sure they were nerfed in the right way.

best regards

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Horattio_Nelson! Concerning the first point you've mentioned - could you send me some screenshots with examples of the in-game objects that let the rockets fly through them? This will help us to fix possible bugs. About hovers: in the nearest future we're not planning to somehow upgrade the physics engine due to some technical limitations, but in the future we're considering the possibility of the physics upgrade and the points you've mentioned will be considered as well. Thank you!
  • Upvote 3

will a toggle be added for the reel-in function of the harpoon? it seems it's automatically disconnecting at close range now. that could be bad in quite a few circumstances.

also since the cabin for the new pack is from a Hind will we be seeing a helicopter rotor being added? if not as a unique movement part, possibly as a melee weapon?

edit: @Woodyrojo best example I can find, tilt and all. just picture this without skeletons, if it's not being used to fly you can just say they armored it and that'll get around the "blades are actually fragile" problem. 

Edited by Azrael_Bane
example added

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Azrael_Bane! About the harpoon - yes, we're aware of the issue and are planning to fix it. About the rotor - no plans atm, and it seems like a highly situational weapon (you're free to provide us with some examples in case I'm wrong :) ).
  • Thanks 3

will you add helicopter blades as a movement part?

Ka1deron (Posted )

enginer455, hello! Currently, there are no plans to add helicopter blades as a new movement module as crossout is focused around the battles of armoured vehicles. However, there are plans to update the current list of available movement modules later in the fututre;)
  • Confused 2

Hello, with the new addition of the anti cheat system, are we gonna see a new ban wave? I can't remember the last time we saw it.

Ka1deron (Posted )

sam93931, hello! First things first - the absence of any ban - lists doesn't mean that the game rules violators are not being punished. Usually we keep the information about the punishments between us and the violator (just to avoid any speculations). The only exceptions are the cases when the violator uses an unauthorized software. But yes, with the implementation of EAC new ban-waves are to be expected, and this info will be shared via the news.
  • Thanks 3

Hi there,

Been enjoying the update so far, but I do have a few questions.

1) Why is it that the audio seems to turn down only on certain maps, and then goes back up in the garage or the next map?  It feels like a bug since the latest update.

2) I seem to get some slight micro stutter on a few maps now, and this also seems to be as a result of the most recent update.  Do you think it's a driver conflict?  I am using an Nvidia GTX 1080ti and a Intel i7 8700k.

3) I absolutely adore flying around maps with the new booster mechanics, but it seems as though there has been a flight ceiling added to the testing range.  While I do understand having this function enabled to some extent in PVP, I don't really understand having it in the testing range, as I and many others have really enjoyed just messing around with exhibition builds.  It's been one of those little joys in my life to make something fly in a game where it normally isn't possible, and now you just blow up almost immediately upon "liftoff".  Can you explain the reasoning behind this addition to the testing range, and if it'll be permanent?

Thank you very much for your time, and thank you for all your hard work!

James F.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello, James! 1-2). Some issues with the game sound are be expected due to the fact, that the sound engine of Crossout has been updated. I recommend you to create a detailed bug report in the special thread here on our forums. Same goes for the FPS issues - in most cases it requires more info in order for us to find the source of the problem and solve it quicker. Here's the link to the bug - report thread: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/ 3). As you know, Crossout is focused around the battles between armoured vehicles (and the hovers have a very limited hight of suspension). While the builds can fly, it's not a part of Crossout's initial game design. Moreover, some players may use it to gain advantage in combat. In order to avoid that, the map limits were applied to all of the maps.

Hi devs, will the new harpoon mines fire when cloked players drive by?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Dantec2, hello! No, the mines of the "Kapkan" minelayer don't capture invisible enemy builds. However, once the invisibility effect runs out, the mine would react and shoot the harpoon into the enemy.
  • Like 1

How can I remove the DMM link to my account?

Ka1deron (Posted )

_Lugge_, hello! It's possible that it happenned because you've logged in under an IP of a different region and the system took your account for a part of this region as well. I suggest you to contact our customer support unit and describe this issue in detail: https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/categories/200612042-CROSSOUT
  • Thanks 1

Will there ever be an Update to allow for more than two Stickers on a Vehicle?

Edited by Budder_Prime

Ka1deron (Posted )

Budder_Prime, hello! The reason behind this limit was in the technical limitations provided by the Direct X 9. But recently we've announced that this version will no longer be supported by Crossout and yes, we plan to get rid of this technical limitation later in the future;)
  • Thanks 1

Will you put in game cabins with more than 12 energy points or (or even) generators with more than 4 energy points?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TAPRACKBANG! Currently we have no such plans and we haven't even considered the possibility of introducing legendary cabins or relic generators.
  • Thanks 1

Guest (Xbox:PitsOfDamnation)

Before my question I would like to state that I have one of the most liked plane builds that could once fly into the air dozens of time and launch two pyre's. With 765 durability flying was my survivability now it can only fly into the air two to three times and leaves my build useless for the rest of the match with 12 rockets left.

I have spent $150-200  on the game. and when the devs did the unfair boost update, in my opinion, it should have only been applied to race mode where it actually affected gameplay statistics. 

I quit playing for weeks because of this update, however, it is a fantastic game so I have returned. Finally my question is: 

Can and will the devs please return boost to limitless in all game modes except for race?

Should the answer be no, I wish this game, the community and the company the best but I will no longer support it.

We should not be forced to stay on the ground the sky is the limit. 

Thank you - Anthony Tverdal

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Anthony Tverdal! Currently there's no final anwer regarding this question. We're still testing the new boosters mechanic and gathering all the statistics. Both options are possible in the future (the mechanic will remain as it is or we'll get rid of boosters fuel limitations).

Can you confirm that there are future steppenwolfs parts coming.Just confirm no details?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, CPtNHellraizer! Currently we're not planning to introduce any new parts especially for the Steppenwolfs faction. Speaking about the future - their amount of parts may be expanded, as well as the amount of parts of any other faction.
  • Sad 2

So, there is Kapkan mine layer.

Will it be craftable?

Will other drones get new boxes and ejection animation? (Just like kapkan).

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MoroBlizniak. Currently we're not planning to make it craftable. Speaking about the animation - we'll consider the possibility of these changes.
  • Thanks 1

Guest Lipity

Do we have a date for full release and will the players who played before that get something special?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! As you know, Crossout is still in its OBT stage and there are a lot of ideas and features that we intend to implement into the game. Some of these features may be changed or removed during the development course, which is why it's difficult to name a specific date when Crossout will be fully released. As for the second part of your question - currently there are no plans for that as currently the access to the game servers is available for everybody (unlike in previous stages). But again, it's too early to talk about the full release and this kind of questions at the moment.

Are there still plans to change some of the co-driver perks?

Is the latest update with changes to copper the extent of 5/10/15 resource cost changes, or will there ever be a significant drop in costs?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, yogaFLAME! After the announcement we analyzed all the feedback and decided to postpone any changes with co-drivers perks in order to improve them and the new mechanic.
  • Confused 1

Hello devs, got a question regarding new maps.

When I watched Episode No.47 of The Garage ad saw these two maps, I thought to myself "Never seen these maps before. I wonder if they'll be released to everyone soon." Will there be plans for these unreleased maps to be, well, released to the public at some point, and are there names for them yet? Would be appreciated for an answer :) 

Spoiler

n5L4Wov.jpg

Spoiler

G5DFLAJ.jpg

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TBKUK! Currently there's no info about different map prototypes. The reason is that some of the prototypes may never appear in the game. For now I can tell you that we're working on a new PvP map, but it has nothing in common with the ones you've attached.
  • Thanks 1

What about ranked battles. Did you forget about them. And will you also add them to consoles soon.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, xXR34P3RXxi. No, we didn't forget about the Ranked battles mode, but we're not planning to reintroduce them anytime soon. Currently our top priorities are different bug fixes, the issue with speed of vehicles on wheels, new event for the footbal World Cup and some others. Previously, we've announced that ranked battles will be turned of for an undetermined amount of time.
  • Thanks 1

Hi is the grind gettin more worse?

Just be honest with us.....cuz i will like to know should i deinstall crossout or not.

Thnx

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Dumpbump. I wouldn't say that. The crafting process has become more diverse. Currently players are able to exchange their wires for batteries and plastic in a '1 for 1' offer. Also, all the new players will have additional opportunities to earn some more in-game coins, as the amount of tradable resources was increased.
  • Thanks 2

Hello

I have some question: 1) There will be any graphic improvements to the game?
                                    2) Why we can't change our emails?We will be able to change it in the future?
                                    3) When the final release of the game come, we will keep our level/items and the progres we've made or there will be a wipe?
                                    4) Any plans for adding building destruction? like some building zones to be affected by weapons.
                                    5) There will ever be a mode in wich the player respawn after death?..a team deathmatch with limited time where the victory its determined by the total points scored by teams.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Aquatylys! 1. Yes. In July we're planning to end the support of DirectX 9 and improve in-game graphics step by step. Getting rid of the outdated API promises us a lot of new opportunities and we can't wait to start working on some graphics improvements. 2. You may leave your questions regarding accounts, e-mail changes and all the related topics here: https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us 3. We're not planning any wipes at all. 4. Currently we're not planning to work on destructible in-game objects. It is possible, that we'll return to this question with the engine upgrade. 5. You may experience something similar in the 'Free for all' brawl, but its not a team deathmatch. Currently no plans on team deathmatch, but it is possible that in the future we'll consider this idea.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Am i wrong or scorpion have terrible aim on hover while moving, so better not use scorp on hovers, while other cannons dont have this kind of issue? Why? Cannons should'nt be able to precise shooting while moving on hovers. (Quasar dosent caunt)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MoroBlizniak! In the 0.9.50 update we've applied some tweaks for the Scoprion (increased minimum and maximum scatter when shot in motion). You may check it out here and see the dev. comments: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/286042-crossout-0950/ Further tweaks are possible, if the updated statistics shows us that it's necessary.
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Hello Woody / BJ

Currently loving the new harvester changes and its very fun weapon indeed. You gave %30 resistance do blast damage but you know harvester generally hits fuel tank which is immense damage around it. What is the statistical data shows ? any plan to bump resistanse perk to %50 or something like that ? 

What is the plan about adding booster fuel / storage / ammo ?

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR
spell

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, StreaMRoLLeR! ATM we're not planning to tweak Harvester.The booster are still working in a test mode, so all kinds of further tweaks are still possible.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Are the structure parts in the last aid pack exclusive to the pack or can they be unlocked by leveling up in one of the factions?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Hazmat616! These structure parts are the only pack- exclusive parts of this kind. The Hot-rod pack on PC is the same as it is on consoles (just some cosmetic and visual changes). I also should mention that the parameters of these structure parts are similar to the Nomads' parts, so their exclusiveness doesn't affect the balance and provide any advantages (except cosmetic) over the other players.
  • Thanks 2

Hello,

1.Are there any plans for mini map to be resizeable and could you add sectors like 10x10 from 1 to 0 and from A to J at least to big map?

2.With new resources added, is there any plans in increasing rewards after battles ? 

IMHO with so much more resources variety, rewards should be up to 50% more, at least. Also as there is weekly cap limit, so this shouldn't remedy market balance.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, sONE! 1. We're working on some improvements for the minimap and considering adding the possibility to customize it. The final list of available features will be announced later. 2. We're planning to gather the updated statistics after the 'Flea market' event will be over. Then we will consider further tweaks and their necessity.
  • Thanks 3

Guest Darkside494

What did you do to the draco's fire radius cause it looks like it's just about half of what it was.. and the latest patch notes didn't mention one thing about dracos?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Darkside494, hello! There were no changes implemented to the Draco flamethrower in the 0.9.75 update and it's range of fire hasn't received any tweaks. I can recommend you to check your current build (it may need to be modified).

Hello again. 

In my opinion, new engineers cars looks nasty, gross and terrible. Why You could'nt choose better looking cars?

Ka1deron (Posted )

MoroBlizniak, hello! If I understood you correctly, your question refers to the updated Engineers faction builds. One of the main reasons for changing these vehicles was to update them in accordance with the current realities of Crossout. The old builds have started to become obsolete and therefore needed to be changed. The faction builds were created to provide the players with an opportunity to jump right into the battle immediatly or to be used as a basis for their future builds. You are in no way obliged to use them - so, if you don't like their visuals, you can always create a better one yourself;)